• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
That would be nice, but I've no idea how Ubisoft is towards music licensing and whether they can be stingy like Square's composers are.
Ubisoft is definitely not Stingy enough to be strict on lending Content with other Companies (especially not to Nintendo with their Successful Collaborations of Crossover Titles).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think Ubi would definitely want to push their other titles as much as humanly possible. So in that sense, I'd be fine with Rayman getting a "small" bunch of tracks compared to those.

Besides, at least their composers aren't on an extended sabbatical like Uematsu...

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
>No Rayman Arena/M music on the list :sadeyes:
It's arguably my favorite Rayman soundtrack, even one of them being in Smash would make me miles happy cause that means they acknowledged it.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
>No Rayman Arena/M music on the list :sadeyes:
It's arguably my favorite Rayman soundtrack, even one of them being in Smash would make me miles happy cause that means they acknowledged it.

Actually I do have Rayman Arena on the List, just only 1 and it’s the Main (Ray)Man’s Theme

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Actually I do have Rayman Arena on the List, just only 1 and it’s the Main (Ray)Man’s Theme
Ohhh when I didn't see it between 2 and 3 (release order) I just thought you overlooked it completely, my bad.

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
So, are there any specific tracks you'd want from the Rayman franchise as a whole in the game beyond expecting Origins/Legends? I know it's a weird choice, but I always liked this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JbWOe6PWkQ
This is a pretty fun question. I decided to make lists for tracks from the first three games that I'd like to see:
Rayman 1 (10 tracks)
-World Map
-First Steps
-Deep Forest
-Harmony
-Rocking up the Mountains
-Picture Perfect
-Lurking in the Darkness
-Never Wake a Sleeping Scorpion
-Creepy Clowns
-Cloak of Darkness

Rayman 1's soundtrack is one of my favorites in games in general, so it's hard to pick just 10. Though I think these would be good and all-around showing the different styles in the game. If anything, I'd think First Steps and Cloak of Darkness would be the more likely shoe-ins.
Rayman 2 (10 tracks)
-The Hall of Doors
-King of the Teensies
-Pirates! - This track in particular has many versions, so I think they could fit them in some sort of medley. Though if they were to use just one, I'd like the one I linked.
-The Walk of Life - Also similar to "The Walk of Power", either one would work.
-Riding the Shell
-The Precipice
-The Cave of Bad Dreams
-The Prison Ship
-The Grolgoth - It's pretty close to the "Guardian of the Mask" track, so it'd stand fine to have just one.
-Main Theme (The Great Escape)/Staff Roll

Rayman 2's soundtrack is very much ambient-oriented, which might not work as well within a game like Smash, despite that though, I'm sure a lot of the tracks would fit.
Rayman 3 (12 tracks)
-A Hard Landing
-Check it out, the Fairy Council!
-Funkyboard
-Hoodstomper
-Hoodmongers - Much like "Pirates!" in Rayman 2, this track has a lot of versions. They have short melodies, so I think they could be meshed into a medley-- but again, if they were to pick just one, I'd like the one linked.
-Hoodoo Sorcerer - The credits theme is really similar to this one, so either one fits.
-Interrupting Bégoniax
-The Land of the Livid Dead
-Reflux
-Snowboard Race
-Target Practice
-Final Reflux
-Madder

Rayman 3 has a huge OST, so I picked a few more than the other games.

All in all, 32 tracks. It's a lot! I wouldn't expect all of them to be in if Rayman does get in (especially because there'd need to be more from Origins/Legends) but you never really know.

I didn't mention it but, Rayman M/Arena also has great music. I always imagined they could use Rayman's theme from that game in a potential reveal trailer.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
This is a pretty fun question. I decided to make lists for tracks from the first three games that I'd like to see:
Rayman 1 (10 tracks)
-World Map
-First Steps
-Deep Forest
-Harmony
-Rocking up the Mountains
-Picture Perfect
-Lurking in the Darkness
-Never Wake a Sleeping Scorpion
-Creepy Clowns
-Cloak of Darkness

Rayman 1's soundtrack is one of my favorites in games in general, so it's hard to pick just 10. Though I think these would be good and all-around showing the different styles in the game. If anything, I'd think First Steps and Cloak of Darkness would be the more likely shoe-ins.
Rayman 2 (10 tracks)
-The Hall of Doors
-King of the Teensies
-Pirates! - This track in particular has many versions, so I think they could fit them in some sort of medley. Though if they were to use just one, I'd like the one I linked.
-The Walk of Life - Also similar to "The Walk of Power", either one would work.
-Riding the Shell
-The Precipice
-The Cave of Bad Dreams
-The Prison Ship
-The Grolgoth - It's pretty close to the "Guardian of the Mask" track, so it'd stand fine to have just one.
-Main Theme (The Great Escape)/Staff Roll

Rayman 2's soundtrack is very much ambient-oriented, which might not work as well within a game like Smash, despite that though, I'm sure a lot of the tracks would fit.
Rayman 3 (12 tracks)
-A Hard Landing
-Check it out, the Fairy Council!
-Funkyboard
-Hoodstomper
-Hoodmongers - Much like "Pirates!" in Rayman 2, this track has a lot of versions. They have short melodies, so I think they could be meshed into a medley-- but again, if they were to pick just one, I'd like the one linked.
-Hoodoo Sorcerer - The credits theme is really similar to this one, so either one fits.
-Interrupting Bégoniax
-The Land of the Livid Dead
-Reflux
-Snowboard Race
-Target Practice
-Final Reflux
-Madder

Rayman 3 has a huge OST, so I picked a few more than the other games.

All in all, 32 tracks. It's a lot! I wouldn't expect all of them to be in if Rayman does get in (especially because there'd need to be more from Origins/Legends) but you never really know.

I didn't mention it but, Rayman M/Arena also has great music. I always imagined they could use Rayman's theme from that game in a potential reveal trailer.
I appreciate you adding Madder even though that ain't happening. I would cry if it did.

Speaking of impossible music scenarios. What if Rayman's reveal trailer music

I'm not serious. But imagine.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
I appreciate you adding Madder even though that ain't happening. I would cry if it did.

Speaking of impossible music scenarios. What if Rayman's reveal trailer music

I'm not serious. But imagine.
Lmao, the thought of that made me smile. Yeah, it's definitely never happening, but it'd really be something. I'd start laughing at the reveal if they did that.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
[Disclaimer] Keep Your Expectations in checked, but… Holy $*** I’m getting a Strong possible sense and smell of Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Rayman vibe off of this Trademark Renewalship as this is very Key to how Banjo & Kazooie was getting Massively Hinted for a Playable DLC Slot. So again, Hype Responsibly but also take this as a Good amount of Grain Salt

https://twitter.com/RaymanTogether/status/1252233677674737669?s=20

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
[Disclaimer] Keep Your Expectations in checked, but… Holy $*** I’m getting a Strong possible sense and smell of Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Rayman vibe off of this Trademark Renewalship as this is very Key to how Banjo & Kazooie was getting Massively Hinted for a Playable DLC Slot. So again, Hype Responsibly but also take this as a Good amount of Grain Salt

https://twitter.com/RaymanTogether/status/1252233677674737669?s=20
I think I'm missing something here. Wouldn't it be weird if Rayman WASN'T trademarked by Ubisoft?

Edit: nevermind I got it.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I'd really dig a Rayman M/ Arena sequel, the game had a lot of flaws especially regarding the battle mode but polishing it up would definitely make for a great sequel. I do hope they span the entire Rayman series for their roster instead of just sticking to one game

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I've said it before. Ubisoft should outsource Rayman (not currently for obvious reasons) to other reliable developers, or atleast other divisions within themselves. That's how stuff like an Arena sequel/remake could happen. It's not like coming up with spin-offs or sub-series is difficult, between what's been established (again, Arena & the Rabbids plunger gun levels) and the untapped ground (a kart racer, an RPG). It's how Mario maintains it's status as the best-selling game franchise, after all.

BTW, "It's Good to be the King" is the only viable track for a reveal trailer. :p

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
A new game coming out doesn't mean Rayman will get promoted from a Spirit to a playable fighter in the Fighters Pass. But honestly I hope he does make it in regardless. I'm not really a Rayman fan, but I respect the series because of Rayman being a major 90s platforming mascot alongside Mario, Sonic, Crash, Spyro, and Banjo & Kazooie. You really can't have a perfect roster without having all of these guys together.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
A new game coming out doesn't mean Rayman will get promoted from a Spirit to a playable fighter in the Fighters Pass. But honestly I hope he does make it in regardless. I'm not really a Rayman fan, but I respect the series because of Rayman being a major 90s platforming mascot alongside Mario, Sonic, Crash, Spyro, and Banjo & Kazooie. You really can't have a perfect roster without having all of these guys together.
I'm just saying that Rayman could simply get a new game and nothing more, and Ubisoft basically wanting attention to be pulled away from Smash Bros so that it gets noticed.

We're wondering what they're up to, is all.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Some more weirdness regarding Rayman and Ubisoft's online stuff.

I don't want to say this is a smoking gun or anything, but maaaan they're really being strange about things they don't have to be strange about.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Some more weirdness regarding Rayman and Ubisoft's online stuff.

I don't want to say this is a smoking gun or anything, but maaaan they're really being strange about things they don't have to be strange about.
This is pretty weird, it could always amount to nothing I suppose, but in which case, why the change? They were just mentioning their DLC content in the first picture... which made enough sense. But now it's not there.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What the hell is going on here? At least us Shantae fans simply rationalize that WF are too busy to focus on replying to fans asking about Smash, but this? All this Orwellian editing on Ubi's part to cover up previous mentions of Smash DLC is bleeding weird.

It's starting to become Hashimoto levels of goof-covering up.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
This is pretty weird, it could always amount to nothing I suppose, but in which case, why the change? They were just mentioning their DLC content in the first picture... which made enough sense. But now it's not there.
Ubisoft higher up noticed someone added the Rayman in Smash thing and they didn't want it, so they removed it. Could be they don't want people assuming Rayman is in Smash or because it's not a Ubisoft game. There's a lot of reason for the removal.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ubisoft higher up noticed someone added the Rayman in Smash thing and they didn't want it, so they removed it. Could be they don't want people assuming Rayman is in Smash or because it's not a Ubisoft game. There's a lot of reason for the removal.
Sure, but the weird part is doing it now after all this time, when the base game only shows him being a spirit. Only rational explanation I can think of is the higher-ups being so out of touch and barely doing much with Rayman that they forgot those mentions were there in the first place.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Sure, but the weird part is doing it now after all this time, when the base game only shows him being a spirit. Only rational explanation I can think of is the higher-ups being so out of touch and barely doing much with Rayman that they forgot those mentions were there in the first place.
They probably never knew about it. In large organizations, these things can get lost in the shuffle. I don't think even middle management is checking what the bot says. There are controls in place, sure, but I doubt they monitor what the bot says on a day to day basis.

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I suppose that's fair enough-- It's simply messages from one bot all-in-all, just struck me as a bit odd to change it now. But of course, it could be just them not wanting people to assume things like you said. Or it could even be for the comment on FE, as small as it is. There's a variety of reasons. Though it'll probably be in the back of my mind, it doesn't mean Rayman's sure to be in, by any means. I'll just see how it goes.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
It could all amount to nothing, but Ubisoft removing smash talk from two things is Definitely suspicious and worth keeping an eye one. I'm cautiously optimistic but we'll see

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Okay maybe, but why would they also remove the plug for the Ubisoft content that's already in smash?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Okay maybe, but why would they also remove the plug for the Ubisoft content that's already in smash?
Could be multiple reasons. Some possibilities
  • As mentioned above, it's not a Ubisoft title and they don't want to include information on games that aren't theirs (could be a company policy)
  • They felt it was in bad faith to Nintendo since it took a jab at Nintendo decision
  • They don't want to imply there is a Ubisoft character in Smash or that the costumes means there is a Ubisoft character
  • They may have felt it could upset the other console manufacturers as they give Nintendo special treatment
There could be more and I'm sure someone more creative than I am could come up with other reasons. I think some people are reading too much into it.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
It's definitely some weird stuff. I remember during the Fighters pass 1 speculation one of the Ubisoft Twitter's replied to my tweet saying they hope to see Rayman in smash as well, and they never bothered to delete it back then. Only now are they removing smash references and such, so it's definitely worth keeping an eye on

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
It's definitely some weird stuff. I remember during the Fighters pass 1 speculation one of the Ubisoft Twitter's replied to my tweet saying they hope to see Rayman in smash as well, and they never bothered to delete it back then. Only now are they removing smash references and such, so it's definitely worth keeping an eye on
Wait, did they delete it now?

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Wait, did they delete it now?
Nah the old tweet from a year ago is still up. But my point is back then they didn't take down anything cause Rayman clearly wasn't in fighters pass 1, but my theory is why stuff gets taken down now is maybe he's in this time. This part is a stretch for sure but just something small I noticed

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Nah the old tweet from a year ago is still up. But my point is back then they didn't take down anything cause Rayman clearly wasn't in fighters pass 1, but my theory is why stuff gets taken down now is maybe he's in this time. This part is a stretch for sure but just something small I noticed
How interesting, it's gonna feel a bit long to wait until we see how this pans out, but at least June is almost around the corner now lol (assuming there's more then, otherwise it'd be longer)

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Okay, now I hear that nothing actually got removed from the survey.

This better not be another wild goose chase, I've had more than enough of those.
Do you have a source on that? Because I took the survey and didn't get anything, and it was very well documented. Is it possible they added it back in after people said it was suspicious for Rayman in smash?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So just someone claiming they neve removed it or did they have screenshots?
The former.

Anyway, here's a neat rare sight.

Also, I'm starting to think the reason why we don't see the Nymphs anymore is due to the ERSB really cracking down on acceptable E10+ content standards.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
The former.
It’s probably just someone trying to make up false information, and truth be told I’ve seen a lot of people trying desperately to attack Rayman fans. When Rayman gets in, I’m gonna parade the Haters all over them and remind them that with Banjo-Kazooie & Rayman in Ultimate means that Nothing is off limits (Goku is an exception as non-Video Game Characters are off limits) and characters like Geno and other forgotten characters can get in equally as Crash Bandicoot and other Popular Characters can get in

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
It’s probably just someone trying to make up false information, and truth be told I’ve seen a lot of people trying desperately to attack Rayman fans. When Rayman gets in, I’m gonna parade the Haters all over them and remind them that with Banjo-Kazooie & Rayman in Ultimate means that Nothing is off limits (Goku is an exception as non-Video Game Characters are off limits) and characters like Geno and other forgotten characters can get in equally as Crash Bandicoot and other Popular Characters can get in
I don't get it either, the Rayman fanbase is rather harmless from my own experience, yet one of the characters I see a lot of people against. Probably because of a dislike for Ubisoft or something, which I understand, but then again, Konami has a lot of rep in Smash and I don't see anyone complaining so...

Top Bottom