• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Why do people overcomplicate how they think Rayman's hitboxes would work? lmao

Rayman can have a normal skeleton with normal hitboxes just like any other fighter even if that doesn't match visually. When he sends his attacks out? Just make them disjoints... not that hard to figure out, really.

Also are we really questioning the abilities of them man who modified every single stage just to add Steve to the game? c'mon now...

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life

Rayman can have a normal skeleton with normal hitboxes just like any other fighter even if that doesn't match visually. When he sends his attacks out? Just make them disjoints... not that hard to figure out, really.

Also are we really questioning the abilities of them man who modified every single stage just to add Steve to the game? c'mon now...
That's why I wanted to say that his statement was absurd lmao

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Given the massive theory crafting of that post, do you think they would expect FP2 to have far bigger sales than expected? FP2 got good sales even before Steve boosted things further from the support of both the casual and hardcore consumers despite some skepticism over his appeal.

Even though it seems to look like the end, I can't help but feel like a completely unexpected factor is going to happen once we get to the presentation for fighter 10 or 11.

Wait do people actually think Rayman's Limblessness hurts his chances?

Bruh that's a reason they'd choose him cause that alone is unique
Poor Sukapon gets ignored since he's an AT, yet his limblessness already proves it'd be viable.

If you think that's bad, you wouldn't want to see the endless debates of Shantae settling with the pirate gear instead of "overly complicated" transforming.
Despite, you know, this game translating the mechanics of no less than three characters from fighting game series.

Only thing that'd make Sak balk is trying to use XB2's party mechanic setup without it lagging things too much.

Last edited:

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
While we're discussing hitboxes and disjoints, I had an idea for Rayman's grab and throws. Instead of a standard tether where he reaches out with his hands, why not have Murphy appear and lunge forward to grab opponents? He would hold them in place and Rayman could do the following:

Pummel: Very quick but weak punches.
Forward Throw: Rayman does a quick sort of gut punch where he arcs his punch a little in an upward motion.
Back Throw: Murphy moves the opponent behind Rayman and he does strong roundhouse kick behind him.
Up throw: Murphy moves the opponent above Rayman and could either do a strong kick or maybe jump a bit and do a multi-hit attack with his hair.
Down Throw: Rayman grabs his torso and hits the opponent over the head with it.

What do you all think of this?

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I don't even know how this whole hurt box thing started, like obviously by detractors that don't want him taking the slot of their most wanted but it doesn't make it any less logical lol

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
While we're discussing hitboxes and disjoints, I had an idea for Rayman's grab and throws. Instead of a standard tether where he reaches out with his hands, why not have Murphy appear and lunge forward to grab opponents? He would hold them in place and Rayman could do the following:

Forward Throw: Rayman does a quick sort of gut punch where he arcs his punch a little in an upward motion.
Back Throw: Murphy moves the opponent behind Rayman and he does strong roundhouse kick behind him.
Up throw: Murphy moves the opponent above Rayman and could either do a strong kick or maybe jump a bit and do a multi-hit attack with his hair.

So like the Pikmin, kind of? Sweet!
Personally I'd prefer for Rayman to handle himself solo but I wouldn't deny that making Murphy a part of his moveset would have plenty of potential.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't even know how this whole hurt box thing started, like obviously by detractors that don't want him taking the slot of their most wanted but it doesn't make it any less logical lol
Some people don't want characters using the silliest reasons imaginable, like saying that :ultsteve:'s animation would make him look out of place.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace

I'd be down for it! I really want Murphy to be a part of his moveset somehow with how vital he was in the WiiU Version of Legends!
Some people don't want characters using the silliest reasons imaginable.
I've learned that quite well by bringing up our boy in the Newcomer Speculation thread of this site
PicsArt_01-25-05.26.21.jpg

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Let' s be honest. Almost everyone on the planet wants the limbless dude in Smash.
It really has been quite a journey to see how much Rayman's demand shot up! I think he did well on the ballot, and while he was usually in the top 10 of fan ballots around then, at that time he was usually number 9 or 10 at best, and the old twitter campaign had about 300 followers (though twitter was a little less popular at the time). Fast forward to now, he was number 6 on Source Gaming's most recent mega poll, and has been in the top 5 in some other high end polls (the global smash roster and I forget the name of the other), and the current twitter campaign (which has become one of the most popular places to discuss smash) is over 6.5K followers, making it the most followed campaign last I checked.

Truly amazing
IMG_20200209_172731.jpg

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
It really has been quite a journey to see how much Rayman's demand shot up! I think he did well on the ballot, and while he was usually in the top 10 of fan ballots around then, at that time he was usually number 9 or 10 at best, and the old twitter campaign had about 300 followers (though twitter was a little less popular at the time). Fast forward to now, he was number 6 on Source Gaming's most recent mega poll, and has been in the top 5 in some other high end polls (the global smash roster and I forget the name of the other), and the current twitter campaign (which has become one of the most popular places to discuss smash) is over 6.5K followers, making it the most followed campaign last I checked.

Truly amazing
View attachment 304634
We will keep supporting Rayman until he eventually makes it in!

We should all promote and vote for Rayman

Also, a reminder!

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I'd be down for that. Also wouldn't mind spamming the "it's good to be a king" imageView attachment 304859
Heh, I say we make some kind of image lampooning the whole "cereal mascot" trend.

"Bow to your cereal mascot!"
20201007_204542.jpg

"Salt cleanses my inner man."

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Rayman's in the cereal box eating tear-shaped flakes.
Too much?
Probably in the same league as :ultbylethf: drinking out of a Cuphead mug. Let's not get too close to "hoes mad".

Is cereal mascot supposed to be an insult? I love cereal and mascots.

Chex Warrior from Chex Quest for Smash!
Basically, yeah. Pointing out how outdated and has-been a character is.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Probably in the same league as :ultbylethf: drinking out of a Cuphead mug. Let's not get too close to "hoes mad".

I swear the "hoes mad" stuff is the most annoying thing I've ever seen. it's like saying that any legitimate criticism is invalid just because "it isn't a character you wanted"

Obviously if someones being unreasonable then yeah sure, but most of the time its just people who are being entirely reasonable that it gets used on lol. And to be fair, even if it wasn't reasonable, the least you could do is explain to them why it's unreasonable, rather than an image that doesn't tell them anything other than "stay salty, nerd"

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I suppose, but like, cereal mascots never really went anywhere? They're as prominent as usual.

Side note, remember those stylish posters from Smash 4? Loved those things, with my personal favorite being the one for :ultpacman:, which I decided to edit for fun the other day. Check it out.

SmallInkedSSB Pac-Man Poster - NEW & IMPROVED!!.jpg

Pac-ManPoster.jpg

You may notice a certain someone among us the guests...

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I suppose, but like, cereal mascots never really went anywhere? They're as prominent as usual.

Side note, remember those stylish posters from Smash 4? Loved those things, with my personal favorite being the one for :ultpacman:, which I decided to edit for fun the other day. Check it out.

Haters aren't exactly known to be coherent.

Yeah, those were the days. Ryu and Bayonetta had pretty good ones especially.

Do you think Rayman would get a special art piece? I'd love to see Palutena in the Legends style.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I have a feeling llyod or monster hunter miis will be coming back this mii wave along with some xenoblade ones as well. I'm being cautiously optimistic but I think we'll be safe!
Same. I'm just about ready to say "Well, you can't say I didn't warn you" on this one, regarding either of those.

At least the Xeno fans are prepared to see KOS-MOS and Elma get that fate.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
:4pacman:
View attachment 305327
Aside from Rayman not appearing, this is my only want from this wave.
For me, I would add Crash and Shantae not appearing. But yeah, no way to tell what'll happen until Thursday.
The only certainty is that there'll most likely be one one-shot Indie character whose costume gets more attention than :ultpyra: and Mythra.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
I'd be down for it! I really want Murphy to be a part of his moveset somehow with how vital he was in the WiiU Version of Legends!

I've learned that quite well by bringing up our boy in the Newcomer Speculation thread of this site
View attachment 304454
Somehow Rayman came up again in the newcomer thread when talking about Mii Costumes and check out one of these replies that I saw:
1614535551454.png

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Somehow Rayman came up again in the newcomer thread when talking about Mii Costumes and check out one of these replies that I saw:View attachment 305411
What did I tell you in the past about taking screenshots of people's messages and posting them here? censored usernames or not. Doesn't make us look any better.

Like, you can talk about what they argued, but posting screenshots is lowkey targetting, you know?

Also idc if he was relevant atm or not, Little Mac was still a nobody to Japan at the time he was revealed.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What did I tell you in the past about taking screenshots of people's messages and posting them here? censored usernames or not. Doesn't make us look any better.

Like, you can talk about what they argued, but posting screenshots is lowkey targetting, you know?

Also idc if he was relevant atm or not, Little Mac was still a nobody to Japan at the time he was revealed.
Not to mention that jokes were done about folks over there calling Ridley Captain America when he finally made it in, due to Metroid not appealing especially well over in Japan franchise-wide.

Come to think of it, Rayman 2: The Great Escape was first released on the N64, wasn't it? Was a bit of a killer app for it, in a sense.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Censor-dodging meme; image was removed

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I just thought it'd be easier than typing it all out, but I see your point.

And yeah, actually, Little Mac was like that right?

But I can already see someone saying "But Little Mac was a Nintendo character so he doesn't-"
1614551948536.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom