• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Anyone know if there's been any more activity with the trademarks? I feel like everyone just kind of forgot about those even though they were potentially the biggest piece of evidence we got.
First, welcome to the boards! Second, I went to do a quick check and the trademarks are still just the way we left them
1604024905054.png

I think we'll still be playing the waiting game for a few more months. I'll reiterate for the thread that these trademarks line up well with FP2 and Ubisoft going radio silent about Rayman in Smash and then dropping the survey and the hints a couple of months later.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know if there's been any more activity with the trademarks? I feel like everyone just kind of forgot about those even though they were potentially the biggest piece of evidence we got.
None but it’s still Strong Evidence as the Rayman activity has gone dark over the course of a year (2020 so to speak) since that thing has been updated with the Company to Company deal filing it has on the Registered status.

Along with the fact that now that we know that Minecraft has been in Development for Super Smash Bros Ultimate for 5-Year’s, a similar situation is absolutely likely with Ubisoft in Super Smash Bros Ultimate with Rayman as they have been very persistent in being Radio silent regarding the campaign of wanting Rayman in Super Smash Bros Ultimate throughout 2020 as the Ubisoft Bot (Sam) and Ubisoft Survey have had the keywords “Super Smash Bros Ultimate”, “DLC” and “Rayman” phrased in that order only for them to tear it down quickly to avoid potential NDA damage

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
So for a while I have advocated for Rayman's Throttle Copter from Rayman 3 to be his Up B recovery. I've changed my mind...

unknown-214.png

unknown-289.png

unknown-269.png

unknown-177.png

Up Special: "Purple Lum"

So I dropped the advocation of Throttle Copter cause I realized that a swing move is actually not in Smash yet, so I can get even more creative than simply "Gain height with a helicopter for a few seconds then it's gone", K. Rool already has that, so hear me out.

The Purple Lum at first will look more like a horizontal recovery option rather than vertical. They will appear a few meters directly above where Rayman is and he will grapple on to them. The distance is always set at a decent range, unless Rayman was directly bellow a ceiling, in which case the swing would just be shorter, and you wouldn't want that.

During the move, Rayman will swing back and forth about 3 times until the Lum just vanishes, and Rayman will be put in free fall if he's still holding onto it (Similar concept to Pac-Man's trampoline). The swings do not go much higher than a quarter circle, so how will Rayman recover then? Simple, if you time a jump at the height of the swing, Rayman will go REAL high, and be able to recover no problem, he can also use it to gain horizontal mobility if the stick is aiming the right way. Rayman will not go into free fall after jumping out of the swing.

Purple Lum would be a good mix-up recovery. Villager or Steve throwing bowling balls and anvils at you? Swing away from the stage, jump, and helicopter hair yourself back instead of going under it. Fighting a projectile user like Samus? Yeah, you're better off under.

My final selling point is that the Purple Lum would have a chance to appear as either a Flying Ring from Rayman 1, The Flying Hook from 3 (Rayman would use the Lockjaw) and the Swingmen from Origins and Legends. But these have no effect on gameplay.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Does anybody here have a link to that "leak" that had Mario + Rabbids 2 featuring Rayman and a new Rayman game? And was there anything to prove or disprove it's legitimacy? I believe it came from Reddit.

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678
May I repost this here?
Turns out I made this just in time for Rayman 2's 21st Bday (out of luck, i didn't know beforehand).
I also made an HD version, and have the files ready to 3D print it ! (If McNut wants to use it on the
same website he used with his brother, I'll be more than happy to lend it to them)

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Does anybody here have a link to that "leak" that had Mario + Rabbids 2 featuring Rayman and a new Rayman game? And was there anything to prove or disprove it's legitimacy? I believe it came from Reddit.
This tweet thread points out the things that turned out right and the source

I reread the whole thing and ehh a couple of things here haven't aged that well. You know, regardless I can't see Ubisoft skipping out on the opportunity of Mario Rabbids 2. Money.

May I repost this here?
Turns out I made this just in time for Rayman 2's 21st Bday (out of luck, i didn't know beforehand).
I also made an HD version, and have the files ready to 3D print it ! (If McNut wants to use it on the
same website he used with his brother, I'll be more than happy to lend it to them)
Ubisoft: releases absolutely no Rayman merchandise

Fans:
a28z8Yf.png

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
This tweet thread points out the things that turned out right and the source

I reread the whole thing and ehh a couple of things here haven't aged that well. You know, regardless I can't see Ubisoft skipping out on the opportunity of Mario Rabbids 2. Money.
Thanks! I honestly don't like the idea of Rayman playing second fiddle with the Rabbids. I hope they rename it Mario + Rayman.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
So for a while I have advocated for Rayman's Throttle Copter from Rayman 3 to be his Up B recovery. I've changed my mind...

View attachment 290744
View attachment 290745
View attachment 290746
View attachment 290747

Up Special: "Purple Lum"

So I dropped the advocation of Throttle Copter cause I realized that a swing move is actually not in Smash yet, so I can get even more creative than simply "Gain height with a helicopter for a few seconds then it's gone", K. Rool already has that, so hear me out.

The Purple Lum at first will look more like a horizontal recovery option rather than vertical. They will appear a few meters directly above where Rayman is and he will grapple on to them. The distance is always set at a decent range, unless Rayman was directly bellow a ceiling, in which case the swing would just be shorter, and you wouldn't want that.

During the move, Rayman will swing back and forth about 3 times until the Lum just vanishes, and Rayman will be put in free fall if he's still holding onto it (Similar concept to Pac-Man's trampoline). The swings do not go much higher than a quarter circle, so how will Rayman recover then? Simple, if you time a jump at the height of the swing, Rayman will go REAL high, and be able to recover no problem, he can also use it to gain horizontal mobility if the stick is aiming the right way. Rayman will not go into free fall after jumping out of the swing.

Purple Lum would be a good mix-up recovery. Villager or Steve throwing bowling balls and anvils at you? Swing away from the stage, jump, and helicopter hair yourself back instead of going under it. Fighting a projectile user like Samus? Yeah, you're better off under.

My final selling point is that the Purple Lum would have a chance to appear as either a Flying Ring from Rayman 1, The Flying Hook from 3 (Rayman would use the Lockjaw) and the Swingmen from Origins and Legends. But these have no effect on gameplay.
Dude. This is clean as hell.

I swear I was the only other person who thought the lum swing should be a recovery instead of being predictable with Hair-icopter/Throttle Copter.
Tho atleast you actually made a proof-of-concept.

None but it’s still Strong Evidence as the Rayman activity has gone dark over the course of a year (2020 so to speak) since that thing has been updated with the Company to Company deal filing it has on the Registered status.

Along with the fact that now that we know that Minecraft has been in Development for Super Smash Bros Ultimate for 5-Year’s, a similar situation is absolutely likely with Ubisoft in Super Smash Bros Ultimate with Rayman as they have been very persistent in being Radio silent regarding the campaign of wanting Rayman in Super Smash Bros Ultimate throughout 2020 as the Ubisoft Bot (Sam) and Ubisoft Survey have had the keywords “Super Smash Bros Ultimate”, “DLC” and “Rayman” phrased in that order only for them to tear it down quickly to avoid potential NDA damage
Come gents, let us pray that this actually leads to something...
HPOvM86qsU6XhzbsO2wJ52eVz58rk077KEv4A7CQ67s.jpg

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Dude. This is clean as hell.

I swear I was the only other person who thought the lum swing should be a recovery instead of being predictable with Hair-icopter/Throttle Copter.
Tho atleast you actually made a proof-of-concept.
Thanks, I appreciate it! I'm just in the Rayman mood very much so I have to draw what's fun, helicopter isn't that fun to conceptualize.

Like I said, I was set on the Throttle before but I just changed my mind because a swing is unheard of in Smash. I want to draw the things that pop out the most to catch the attention of non-fans and to put more ideas in the heads of those who do support Rayman already.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
What do you guys think of the plum? Is it a must for Rayman's moveset, considering it's one of the most iconic and consistent items in the series, or it wouldn't matter too much if they went with something else instead?

Personally though if they were to add the plum I definitely wouldn't do it the way SSF2 did it, with the whole element of riding it and moving around like crazy. I get what they were going for but that's a little too much, I think.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think of the plum? Is it a must for Rayman's moveset, considering it's one of the most iconic and consistent items in the series, or it wouldn't matter too much if they went with something else instead?

Personally though if they were to add the plum I definitely wouldn't do it the way SSF2 did it, with the whole element of riding it and moving around like crazy. I get what they were going for but that's a little too much, I think.
As I previously mentioned Rayman’s Moveset would be combination of Lightweight Platformer that has a lot of Aerial recovery’s and up-close and long range Projectile Standard and Special Attacks that deviates from Platformer Fighters like :ultmario::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultbanjokazooie::ulticeclimbers::ultkirby::ultyoshi::ultluigi: while being 100% accurate interpretation of the Rayman series/character source material which is basically how Sakurai diverses the Rosters design so beautifully. I should also point out that the Rayman Moveset I mentioned is not a Min Min :ultminmin Ver. 2.0 because both are based on different Design and Moveset mechanics especially because of how Min Min up close attacks happens to force you to tap and hold the :GCA: button to do your Left Dragon Punch shot, while Rayman’s :GCA: button punches are exactly inputted with Mario’s :ultmario: paced rapid succession and his forward + :GCA: is mechanically simple enough straightforward input attack that can be atleast be ranged of a Half length to the Battlefield stage which is 2-3 Meters longer than Min Min’s :ultminmin regular punch (not counting the Dragon blast included with the Forward + :GCA: as that’s an Arms exclusive perk). So as far as the Plum idea I’ve figured since down + :GCB: is the more logical way to do variations of random Drops with Rayman dropping in different Rayman series items (more specifically Rayman 1’s Plum (as you can throw in on someone’s Head for an additional platform jump) & Spiked Plum (Anyone touches or gets near it gains 9.6% Damage), Rayman 2’s Pirate Barrel (as you can inflict damage towards the Opponents or can run on it if you land on it) and the Turnup (doesn’t do much damage but can be used up to 10-times for knockback). This Moveset is both an innovative but simple enough approach for eager Smash Players that wants a non broken Long Range and Up Close Moveset playable character and also the most Aerial Lightweight Recovery character since both Kirby :ultkirby: & King K. Rool :ultkrool:.

:GCU:+:GCU::GCU: (Double Tap and Hold)
Hair Helicopter
View attachment 290173

:GCB: (Hold to Charge Up) = Golden Fists
View attachment 290174

:GCL:&:GCR:+:GCB:= (Hold to Make it Bigger and More Damage) = Orb Blast Charge (Ricochet’s off of Opponents and Surfaces)
View attachment 290175

:GCU:+:GCB:= Flying Ring
View attachment 290176

:GCD:+:GCB:= Items Dropped (Plum, Spike Plum, Pirate Barrel, etc.)
View attachment 290177

:GCL:&:GCR:+:GCA:= Telescopic Fist (Hold and Charge for Long Distance Strike)
View attachment 290170

:GCU:+:GCA:= Hair Attack (causes opponents to float away if atop of Rayman)
View attachment 290171

:GCD:+:GCA:= Split KickView attachment 290172

:GCA:+:GCA:+:GCA:= 3 Punches
View attachment 290182

:GCDL::GCD::GCDR:+:GCA:= Trip Kick
View attachment 290183

:GCUL::GCU::GCUR:+:GCA:= Uppercut Strike (Fist can go up to 6-Meters more if Charged and Connected Strike lands on opponent)
View attachment 290185

:GCCU: Up Taunt
View attachment 290187

:GCCL:&:GCCR: Side Taunts
View attachment 290189

:GCCD: Down Taunt
View attachment 290191

Idle Animation
View attachment 290192

Victory Animations
View attachment 290188

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
As I previously mentioned Rayman’s Moveset would be combination of Lightweight Platformer that has a lot of Aerial recovery’s and up-close and long range Projectile Standard and Special Attacks that deviates from Platformer Fighters like :ultmario::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultbanjokazooie::ulticeclimbers::ultkirby::ultyoshi::ultluigi: while being 100% accurate interpretation of the Rayman series/character source material which is basically how Sakurai diverses the Rosters design so beautifully. I should also point out that the Rayman Moveset I mentioned is not a Min Min :ultminmin Ver. 2.0 because both are based on different Design and Moveset mechanics especially because of how Min Min up close attacks happens to force you to tap and hold the :GCA: button to do your Left Dragon Punch shot, while Rayman’s :GCA: button punches are exactly inputted with Mario’s :ultmario: paced rapid succession and his forward + :GCA: is mechanically simple enough straightforward input attack that can be atleast be ranged of a Half length to the Battlefield stage which is 2-3 Meters longer than Min Min’s :ultminmin regular punch (not counting the Dragon blast included with the Forward + :GCA: as that’s an Arms exclusive perk). So as far as the Plum idea I’ve figured since down + :GCB: is the more logical way to do variations of random Drops with Rayman dropping in different Rayman series items (more specifically Rayman 1’s Plum (as you can throw in on someone’s Head for an additional platform jump) & Spiked Plum (Anyone touches or gets near it gains 9.6% Damage), Rayman 2’s Pirate Barrel (as you can inflict damage towards the Opponents or can run on it if you land on it) and the Turnup (doesn’t do much damage but can be used up to 10-times for knockback). This Moveset is both an innovative but simple enough approach for eager Smash Players that wants a non broken Long Range and Up Close Moveset playable character and also the most Aerial Lightweight Recovery character since both Kirby :ultkirby: & King K. Rool :ultkrool:.

:GCU:+:GCU::GCU: (Double Tap and Hold)
Hair Helicopter
View attachment 290173

:GCB: (Hold to Charge Up) = Golden Fists
View attachment 290174

:GCL:&:GCR:+:GCB:= (Hold to Make it Bigger and More Damage) = Orb Blast Charge (Ricochet’s off of Opponents and Surfaces)
View attachment 290175

:GCU:+:GCB:= Flying Ring
View attachment 290176

:GCD:+:GCB:= Items Dropped (Plum, Spike Plum, Pirate Barrel, etc.)
View attachment 290177

:GCL:&:GCR:+:GCA:= Telescopic Fist (Hold and Charge for Long Distance Strike)
View attachment 290170

:GCU:+:GCA:= Hair Attack (causes opponents to float away if atop of Rayman)
View attachment 290171

:GCD:+:GCA:= Split KickView attachment 290172

:GCA:+:GCA:+:GCA:= 3 Punches
View attachment 290182

:GCDL::GCD::GCDR:+:GCA:= Trip Kick
View attachment 290183

:GCUL::GCU::GCUR:+:GCA:= Uppercut Strike (Fist can go up to 6-Meters more if Charged and Connected Strike lands on opponent)
View attachment 290185

:GCCU: Up Taunt
View attachment 290187

:GCCL:&:GCCR: Side Taunts
View attachment 290189

:GCCD: Down Taunt
View attachment 290191

Idle Animation
View attachment 290192

Victory Animations
View attachment 290188
I did remember your post from earlier, don't worry. I kind of am intrigued by the idea of different pick-ups with different effects though I could take it or leave it cause I don't like RNG stuff all that much, (plus we already are borrowing a mechanic from Peach through the way helicopter hair would function).

Though the question I asked wasn't a "how it would work", I already have the general idea, it was more of a "how necessary is it to include it, objectively speaking". I'm already leaning on the side of yeah, it's kind of important, I just wanted to know what others thought, and if they didn't think it was needed, what they would add instead.

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Damn I missed the discussions the past few days, but I'm glad things are starting to gain steam around here! The more people talking the better I say!

Wanted to voice my support for the limbless lad in Smash. He has a lot of stuff going for him. I think he has a very high chance of making it in.
Welcome aboard king!!!

I'd say the plum should be incorporated somehow. Like ya said, it's an iconic item appearing in more than one game in the series so it would be a neat nod! Also what other fighter do you know that can just YEET a giant fruit at someone? (I know Peach/Daisy has the turnups and pacman the 8bit fruit but I'm talking a big ol fruit that has a big OMPH to it!)

Also once again nice concept on the up special for Rayman! While I prefer helicopter hair cause of it being his iconic move, I definitely wouldn't be opposed to what you proposed! Mind if I share it with twitter again?

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Also what other fighter do you know that can just YEET a giant fruit at someone?
:4pacman: <= Him
Joking lmao I get what you're saying. Plum would act more as a heavy item. Don't think we have any of those incorporated into a moveset besides Wario's bike, if you count that.

Yeah, you have my permission once more to post it.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
~Let's find a plum.
I mean a big a$# plum.
maybe swinging it on a purple lum is better?
I'll hoist it up, & drop it on your face,
My buddy
& just before the plum juice blinds,
You'll feel my fist, & you'll know I took a stock,
With a plum, that bounces.
I mean a big a$# plum!~

(If you know, you know)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I wouldn't care if they only used the plum as a spirit, so long as it's in.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
I support Rayman for Smash in the event that Crash Bandicoot doesn't make it in to Smash. Rayman has a chance partially because of the Rabbids.

The Rabbids have been heavily associated with Nintendo during the Wii era and Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle shows that Nintendo is willing to let Ubisoft handle their flagship franchise. That level of trust between the two publishers gives Nintendo leverage to request Rayman to be part of the roster, and why would Ubisoft say no to such a request? As far as inspiration goes, I'd see Sakurai taking the aesthetics of Rayman for PlayStation and having his stage be Band Land.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Did not know about point 9. Interesting...

Also not sure if it's a popular opinion, but I honestly prefer Rayman Origins over Legends. Both are great games, though.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
"When was the last time you saw Nintendo publish another developer's games for them?"
I mean not to discredit the overall point but
  • Bayonetta
  • Astral Chain
  • Daemon X Machina
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
  • Bravely Default
  • Fatal Frame
  • Shovel Knight
  • Freaking Disney Art Academy
  • And more...
I get what you're trying to say, Nintendo's cool publishing Ubisoft's games. Just making a single correction in an overall good post that goes over everything.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I support Rayman for Smash in the event that Crash Bandicoot doesn't make it in to Smash. Rayman has a chance partially because of the Rabbids.
I'll give you a free McChicken if ya make Rayman your number 1..... Was worth a shot lol
They just need to remember to use Rayman's huge features when they add him!

...I'm talking about his massive schnozz, of course, get your mind out of the gutter!
Huge features is a must
PicsArt_09-26-12.41.54.jpg

Did not know about point 9. Interesting...

Also not sure if it's a popular opinion, but I honestly prefer Rayman Origins over Legends. Both are great games, though.
Honestly same. I know legends looks prettier and has more, but origins at least attempts to tell a story and string the world together (though they did scrap a little too much of the story)
  • Bayonetta
  • Astral Chain
  • Daemon X Machina
  • Bravely Default
  • Fatal Frame
  • Shovel Knight
  • And more...
I get what you're trying to say, Nintendo's cool publishing Ubisoft's games. Just making a single correction in an overall good post that goes over everything.
I think the fact that nintendo is willing to publish Rayman games and the fact that Ubisoft has been allowed to make games with the nintendo IP bodes well for us overall!

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
  • Bayonetta
  • Astral Chain
  • Daemon X Machina
  • Bravely Default
  • Fatal Frame
  • Shovel Knight
  • And more...
I am pretty sure that PlatinumGames develops exclusively for Nintendo now which makes them second party. But all the other games are still valid yeah

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
I don't know where you're getting Platinum Games becoming a 2nd party developer, because they're not, only 2 of their series are Nintendo exclusive.
Yeah I'm stupid and kinda forgot about them like, porting Wonderful 101 to other platforms.

Aaron mentioned our boy in his updated Smash Wishlist..

It's so nice seeing more people discussing Rayman's chances for Smash!

After Rayman gets into Smash Ultimate, we will breathe a sigh of relief, and then we will celebrate!

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Well we've always known that Ubisoft themselves do want Rayman in Smash and have no issue with it, it's all about the deal being struck for it and Rayman being a character Nintendo wants to pursue for Smash
Very true

Just cool to see the Mario rabbids director on board as well!

Also this is an old article but
Screenshot_20190628-173515_Kiwi Browser.jpg

Since this article all we've had is the Rabbids and Altair miis in smash. Maybe that's all that was in the pipeline, but I'd like to think they were talking about more than just that or a sequel to an already existing collab.....

Hopefully a big smashing collab....

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Aerospherology

Smash Lord

The Rabbids have been heavily associated with Nintendo during the Wii era and Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle shows that Nintendo is willing to let Ubisoft handle their flagship franchise. That level of trust between the two publishers gives Nintendo leverage to request Rayman to be part of the roster, and why would Ubisoft say no to such a request? As far as inspiration goes, I'd see Sakurai taking the aesthetics of Rayman for PlayStation and having his stage be Band Land.

I'd compare it to Minecraft getting Banjo & Kazooie into Smash.

Also, I support Rayman. That swinging move idea from ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos won me over.

Last edited:
Top Bottom