• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
If that happens I would be utterly disappointed, but, it is up to Ubi. >_> if it is just legends with 3D Models, I don't really want to see something similar to the Smash trophies, specially Rayman.
Hey! It wouldn't be so bad looking at Rayman O/L in 3D compared to this eyesore:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hey! It wouldn't be so bad looking at Rayman O/L in 3D compared to this eyesore:

Well...design wise...maybe. Model quality wise, Sonic Boom characters (at least in CG mostly) still looks better imo...(and still looks closer to previous designs, excluding Knuckles...)

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
The Rayman model of Legends in 3D could work, but I don't like the Origins/Legends style of Globox and less in 3D.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Well...design wise...maybe. Model quality wise, Sonic Boom characters (at least in CG mostly) still looks better imo...(and still looks closer to previous designs, excluding Knuckles...)
Please. The minute these creeps are in action, my head goes numb. And I don't wanna even go over the whole show itself either.

At least the CGI Rayman Legends trailer is more well designed and fluid (and isn't filled with dumb jokes and lousy plots).

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The Rayman model of Legends in 3D could work, but I don't like the Origins/Legends style of Globox and less in 3D.
Yeah, speaking of Globox... I agree with that... And although this should count, RRR Globoxes makes my perspective on that look terrifying...
Please. The minute these creeps are in action, my head goes numb. And I don't wanna even go over the whole show itself either.

At least the CGI Rayman Legends trailer is more well designed and fluid (and isn't filled with dumb jokes and lousy plots).
Different strokes then. I don't really care about the quality ( as in the show/games plot points and such, as I either find it bland or distasteful, imo) but as I was only referring to the actual character designs/models by comparison, I don't mind them, but I'd way prefer Modern Sonic (Unleashed to Lost World model), over Boom design regardless.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
SuperSegaSonicSS said:
Different strokes then. I don't really care about the quality ( as in the show/games plot points and such, as I either find it bland or distasteful, imo) but as I was only referring to the actual character designs/models by comparison, I don't mind them, but I'd way prefer Modern Sonic (Unleashed to Lost World model), over Boom design regardless.
I don't know about you, but I'm getting sick of having to look at Sonic's overall design, regardless of which franchise, especially in 3D.

But in any case, you people want a new 3D Rayman, which I'm in favor regardless, but you're worried about Rayman's overall design for it being based on Origins and Legends. And if it's another 2D Ubiart game, which I still don't mind happening, you'd be put off by that as well. This is getting as ridiculous as people complaining about Grant Kirkhope using orchestral soundtracks in Yooka-Laylee. Make up your minds!

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I don't mind if it's a 2D Ubiart game, but come on, it's his 20th anniversary, we know that he deserves a 3D game with all those big scenarios an a great soundtrack. I think that they'll take their cancelled project from Rayman 4, where you revisit some of the levels from Rayman 1, and well, is his 20th anniversary, he started in Rayman 1, it makes sense.

All we can do is wait and speculate.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I don't know about you, but I'm getting sick of having to look at Sonic's overall design, regardless of which franchise, especially in 3D.

But in any case, you people want a new 3D Rayman, which I'm in favor regardless, but you're worried about Rayman's overall design for it being based on Origins and Legends. And if it's another 2D Ubiart game, which I still don't mind happening, you'd be put off by that as well. This is getting as ridiculous as people complaining about Grant Kirkhope using orchestral soundtracks in Yooka-Laylee. Make up your minds!
I'm sorry if I came off ignorant with my personal tastes, I didn't want to come off as such in any way... I can't speak for everyone, I know, I just have a soft spot for the design I was introduced in R3, and honestly, I don't mind RO/L design, hell, I like Raymans designed from the first game on forward, it well, as I feel about Sonic's designs since the Classic Era, it's still Sonic...just like Rayman is still Rayman, even if his personalities varies based on which game...

Whatever design they go with by the end of things, as long as another good Rayman game is made, that's all that matters to me...Design or not, I just hope Rayman has a long life of good quality games...

I apologize if a came off arrogant from earlier...

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Whatever happens, I just want it to drum up rayman hype and give him more love on the ballot.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I'm sorry if I came off ignorant with my personal tastes, I didn't want to come off as such in any way... I can't speak for everyone, I know, I just have a soft spot for the design I was introduced in R3, and honestly, I don't mind RO/L design, hell, I like Raymans designed from the first game on forward, it well, as I feel about Sonic's designs since the Classic Era, it's still Sonic...just like Rayman is still Rayman, even if his personalities varies based on which game...

Whatever design they go with by the end of things, as long as another good Rayman game is made, that's all that matters to me...Design or not, I just hope Rayman has a long life of good quality games...

I apologize if a came off arrogant from earlier...

It's okay. And I'm sorry if I sounded defensive about Rayman's 3D design in Origins and Legends. It's just that Rayman pretty much already had enough to deal with recently, such as people blasting him for the delay and loss of Wii U exclusivity of Rayman Legends to the point of boycotting it. I hate to think how people would react regarding Rayman in 3D as we are discussing now. All that matters is how good the possible new Rayman game is, as long as it isn't another party game.

And to be fair about Sonic Boom, I've really didn't mind much about the new redesigns when they first unveiled it, especially with Knuckles, though their expressions does look a bit off to me, especially with Amy's. Also, when it comes to their portrayals in the actual show, that has left a bad taste in my mouth, especially with Knuckles. So much for never judging a book by its cover, huh?

To be fair with Rayman, when Rayman Origins was first announced, I was somewhat uneasy with how he was portrayed in the trailer, especially in this particular scene.

(Rayman, you perv....)

But when the game came out a year later, I grew to accept Rayman's new look as with the game itself since it was actually both fun and enjoyable, which is something Sonic Boom isn't, unfortunately.

But anyway, whatever Ubisoft has in store for us regarding Rayman, I say we cross our fingers and hope for the best before we can pass our judgement.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
So, WatchMojo just put out their top ten characters they want to see in Smash, and it's the following from 1st to last:
  1. Bomberman
  2. Bayonetta
  3. Geno
  4. Ryu
  5. K. Rool (They spelled it as K. Roll)
  6. Simon Belmont
  7. Paper Mario
  8. Captain Toad & Toadette
  9. Professor Layton
  10. Tails
Honorable Mentions:
Ridley
Tetra
Ghirahim
Palicoes (Monster Hunter 4)
Shantae

I have to admit, not seeing Rayman or Banjo-Kazooie on this list is a HUGE missed opportunity. They're not even an honorable mention.
Also, nearly every one of these characters is a third-party.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, WatchMojo just put out their top ten characters they want to see in Smash, and it's the following from 1st to last:
  1. Bomberman
  2. Bayonetta
  3. Geno
  4. Ryu
  5. K. Rool (They spelled it as K. Roll)
  6. Simon Belmont
  7. Paper Mario
  8. Captain Toad & Toadette
  9. Professor Layton
  10. Tails
Honorable Mentions:
Ridley
Tetra
Ghirahim
Palicoes (Monster Hunter 4)
Shantae

I have to admit, not seeing Rayman or Banjo-Kazooie on this list is a HUGE missed opportunity. They're not even an honorable mention.
Also, nearly every one of these characters is a third-party.
I wouldn't say WatchMojo is that reliable. They put Gravity Falls on a worst animated series list.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'd honestly just consider that list as a personal want, rather than a collection of thoughts/wants. And as said above, most of their ratings seems questionably bias/opinionative, so I doubt it means much...

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Don't trust Watchmojo man. Watchmojo has been and probably will always be a load of dookie.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

What? WatchMojo?

*Keeps seeing the E3's distance?
hahaha xD Good one. Geez, I really have the temptation to draw Rayman stuff right now, :/ But I don't have Photoshop in this PC yet.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

This makes me cry.. Rabbids being in a fighting game as guests, and Rayman isn't (not now, but soon hehe)

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Meh, honestly, I'm glad they were in that game, and not Rayman, imo. So that would give Ray a chance for something better, Smash Bros.
That's true, and you know the Third (Thirdparty, Third, illuminati confirmed) time's the charm, he wasn't in that game (TMNT), he wasn't in PSABR, his time has come! :troll:

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

This makes me cry.. Rabbids being in a fighting game as guests, and Rayman isn't (not now, but soon hehe)
Honestly I was more upset that they didn't pick actual TMNT characters for that game but I digress. From what I heard it wasn't even that good of a game anyways lol.

Rayman deserves better.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
That's true, and you know the Third (Thirdparty, Third, illuminati confirmed) time's the charm, he wasn't in that game (TMNT), he wasn't in PSABR, his time has come! :troll:
xD Hehe, that's the spirit. Let's hope that the Illuminati is with us, then.

But I have to admit, I do think it's a bit odd they didn't put Ray in that game, but then again, since ubi went out of their way to add Ray as a trophy in Smash 4, it shows where their preference for Ray's appearance lies. :troll:

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Gotta be honest, for a second I thought it was that PlayStation Smash ripoff, and...what does TMNT stands for?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
>u> You said Ninga.

hehe, and that's wierd.
<.< Damn it I thought I was fast enough...

But yeah, that's what happens with competition, especially since Nintendo and Sony being rivals. At least that TMNT game was created by one of the co workers that worked on Smash with Sakurai, but still, nothing beats the original source.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

<.< Damn it I thought I was fast enough...

But yeah, that's what happens with competition, especially since Nintendo and Sony being rivals. At least that TMNT game was created by one of the co workers that worked on Smash with Sakurai, but still, nothing beats the original source.
And I'm actually REALLY glad that Rayman didn't appeared in that PlayStation Smash ripoff, it's just, AWFUL, and well, with the characters they have like Fat Princess and Parrapa or whatever that dog is called, it makes me laugh, also, Super Moves sounds silly for some reason.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I thought that Rayman was going to appear in PSABR but he didn't.. and I'm happy of that.
Same. And now, let's hope he gets in a game that's way more deserving for Ubi's mascot.

And I'm actually REALLY glad that Rayman didn't appeared in that PlayStation Smash ripoff, it's just, AWFUL, and well, with the characters they have like Fat Princess and Parrapa or whatever that dog is called, it makes me laught, also, Super Moves sounds silly for some reason.
I totally agree with you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom