• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
This is what I copied from their response

"Thanks for sharing your comments about Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS and for Wii U with us. I apologize for the delay in our reply. I’ll be sure to forward what you said about including Rayman as a playable character to the appropriate departments here at Nintendo. While I can’t guarantee that we’ll allow for Rayman to be an available DLC character like you suggested, we do take all feedback into consideration."

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
This is what I copied from their response

"Thanks for sharing your comments about Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS and for Wii U with us. I apologize for the delay in our reply. I’ll be sure to forward what you said about including Rayman as a playable character to the appropriate departments here at Nintendo. While I can’t guarantee that we’ll allow for Rayman to be an available DLC character like you suggested, we do take all feedback into consideration."
Oh well. Nice to see it's acknowledged.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Here's my take; third-party characters have to be within reason. Here's my criteria:
Extremely well thought out and put, there's not much I disagree with here.

After Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Sonic, adding Rayman isn't going to degrade things any more.
:4pacman:
:4megaman::4sonic:

It's certainly not to much of a stretch to get one veteran and one newcomer.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Extremely well thought out and put, there's not much I disagree with here.

After Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Sonic, adding Rayman isn't going to degrade things any more.
:4pacman:
:4megaman::4sonic:

It's certainly not to much of a stretch to get one veteran and one newcomer.

Exactly! What's so bad in adding one more third party anyway, especially when they're still relevant?

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Exactly! What's so bad in adding one more third party anyway, especially when they're still relevant?
I know, right! Sure SSB is a Nintendo game, but like a poster said before, people were going crazy when Snake and Sonic came in, Sonic especially fits in SSB, weak attacks, bad defense but high speed, it wouldn't make a bad difference for Rayman to be in with a perfect moveset like his.

Also does anyone think they know what a perfect stat for Rayman would be? What speed? Defense? Attack?

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I know, right! Sure SSB is a Nintendo game, but like a poster said before, people were going crazy when Snake and Sonic came in, Sonic especially fits in SSB, weak attacks, bad defense but high speed, it wouldn't make a bad difference for Rayman to be in with a perfect moveset like his.

Also does anyone think they know what a perfect stat for Rayman would be? What speed? Defense? Attack?
I think he would mostly be an All-Rounder, with a greater attack range compared to the other fighters, obviously. He would have great power with good speed and decent defense.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
I think he would mostly be an All-Rounder, with a greater attack range compared to the other fighters, obviously. He would have great power with good speed and decent defense.
He would have atleast Luigi's power, Falco's speed, and I guess Shulk's defense no MA, I haven't looked into this, but Rayman is very light since he has no limbs, really no weight if you don't count his body and head.
What im afraid of, but this is a very absurd reason and I have a bad brain, but if Rayman ever gets confirmed, im going to be salty as hell if Little Mac/Captain Falcon users use him and they never even knew what Rayman was, SSB back then was meant to be "playing as your favorite character" but now its mostly just a advanced mortal kombat.

Last edited:

SSSilver

Smash Rookie
The more I think about it, the more I realize how much Rayman would be a perfect fit

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Hard to say, maybe a little bit like Little Mac, except for the fact he's not worthless in the air, as well as a bit of Mario.
Little mac seems perfect for Rayman now that you mention it, not too strong, not to weak, his Down-A like James mentioned in his moveset would still be a problem like Toon Link's, no way to cancel it.

Rayman!

Smash Cadet
NNID
mambur321
3DS FC
4122-5123-5521
The Nintendo developing with 3rd party games thing is really amazing, we should expect a new Rayman game soon enough.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I just signed up for SmashBoards, and have been wanting Rayman in Smash Bros. since I first got my hands on Rayman Origins. So, if you could sign me up for your Rayman support list, that would be great!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Supporters, supporters everywhere!

Welcome to the Glade!

On the subject of Rayman's stats..

Weight: Same as Meta Knight.
Gravity: Same as Diddy.
Jump Height: Between Falco and Luigi.
Jump Speed: Same as Fox.
Air Speed: Same as Jigglypuff.
Walk Speed: Same as Pit.
Dash Speed: Just below Little Mac.
Traction: Same as Link.

I think that covers everything...

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Supporters, supporters everywhere!

Welcome to the Glade!

On the subject of Rayman's stats..

Weight: Same as Meta Knight.
Gravity: Same as Diddy.
Jump Height: Between Falco and Luigi.
Jump Speed: Same as Fox.
Air Speed: Same as Jigglypuff.
Walk Speed: Same as Pit.
Dash Speed: Just below Little Mac.
Traction: Same as Link.

I think that covers everything...
His attack strength. Should be a little harder hitting than Doc in my opinion.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If Rayman doesn't get in Smash as DLC, there's still potentially SSF2 left to add Rayman to their roster. (Whom I think is a shoo-in for that fangame)

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Have I told anyone how much better this place is compared to Miiverse? The sad thing is that most people on the Smash Bros Community there are anti-Rayman. :(

D

Deleted member

If Rayman doesn't get in Smash as DLC, there's still potentially SSF2 left to add Rayman to their roster. (Whom I think is a shoo-in for that fangame)
Yeah, but I would prefer if they made sprites from the ground-up. My one beef with Flash games is the convinence factor of using pre-existing sprites (Jump Stars was a boon for this group of game maker, what with them anime characters and all), so they might use the GBA sprites they used for Rayman 3/Raving Rabbids with some edits.

As for Rayman's stats, I would see him as a speedy character, given his Origins/Legends emphasis on constantly moving around. But, I still feel that the specials he would have might come from Rayman 2: The Great Escape.

Also, if we get additional trophies by DLC and Rayman gets to add a few more, I can see trophies for Polokus, Ly, Razorbeard, and the Grand Minimus from The Great Escape (since the Dreamcast version was ported as a 3DS launch title) on the 3DS, while more Legends/Origins characters come for the Wii U.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
If you're going to use Wikipedia, why don't I kill two birds with one stone.

Mega Man: 30 Million
Rayman: 26 Million

Also noted, and I quote: Rayman became the official mascot of the video game publisher Ubisoft.

Adding the sales of the Raving Rabbids franchise, 14 million, Rayman beats Mega Man out by 10 million.
First, Raving Rabbids isn't Rayman. Outside of the first one or so, they were always marketed as their own franchice.

The other thing you neglate is the timing. You can't compare games from the NES and the Playstation without some adjustments. The NES was a cold market. The PS1 was a warm market. Rayman sales should be higher because it sold in an established market during a boom period. Megaman was in a cold market and had a bigger struggle to make sales.

And now you're just trying to needlessly insult me. Did it make you feel any better about yourself?
I said it because most of what you said was wrong. Because of that, I doubt you did any fact checking into it.

Sonic is only four years older than Rayman.

Not a blockbuster? The original Rayman is the number one selling Playstation game in the UK.

Rayman 2 received high marks across the board. There's also the fact that you ignored, Rayman is still alive.
1)Think I noted that in my original post. Don't remember
2)You didn't check your facts. The best selling game on the PS1 is Gran Turismo an VGchartz has it at 3.87 million. Rayman, in total, was about 4 million. However, Wikipedia says it's the best selling UK game of all time at 5 million. That doesn't add up. The article it links to doesn't quote any numbers and references a site where, from what I can tell so far, you can't get the data from (may take some finagling though).
3)The fact that Rayman is still alive and people wanted Megaman WAY more should tell you something.

The responses from each character have been weaker and weaker? Since when? The third party characters in Smash Bros have been incredibly well received, people lost their minds when they saw Snake, Sonic, and Megaman revealed in Smash, and the only reason they didn't for Pacman is because Nintendo revealed him in the worst way possible. (Ironic, considering he probably would have gotten the biggest reaction)

Third party characters are some of the selling points of the game, Sakurai himself has pointed that out. I do no see where you are coming from with this "Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility", it barely even applies to this situation.
OK, let me explain the theory because it applies in almost any situation.

Say you're eating Ice Cream. You love ice cream right. You have one and you like it a lot. So you have another. It's not as good as the first one you had, but still good. You have another. Not as good. If you keep eating ice cream, you'd soon be sick of it, or just plain sick. The theory is that for each thing you consume, you will derive less benefit, or utility, from it.

The same is true here. The response to Snake was huge. People went crazy over it. When Sonic was finally announced, people were excited, but it didn't get the same insane reaction that Snake had. The same is true of Mega Man. People were ecstatic to see him, though the overall response was not was huge as Snake, when he flood gates were first opened. The response to Pac-Man was about the same as every other character really. Some people like it, and some didn't. The only people who were really ecstatic were those who wanted him already but it wasn't shared by everyone else.

One thing people do in this thread is overstate how popular Rayman actually is (found Shortie's poll. He was pretty low, behind Bomberman and Simon). The question is, would Rayman excite people more than another Nintendo character? The answer I think is no. Rayman would be polarized. Some people would like him and others wouldn't. I think another issue would be that some people won't feel he's worthy enough, and that's is true of all the other third party characters. The issue with third party characters is we are reaching a leveling off or even negative utility. Unless there is a new phenomenon from a third party company on Nintendo's system, there isn't a character that will please everyone to justify its inclusion. It's not unlike Soul Caliber where guest characters are quickly forgotten. In the end, I don't think there is much we can do with third party characters and the gimmick has ran its course.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
First, Raving Rabbids isn't Rayman. Outside of the first one or so, they were always marketed as their own franchice.

The other thing you neglate is the timing. You can't compare games from the NES and the Playstation without some adjustments. The NES was a cold market. The PS1 was a warm market. Rayman sales should be higher because it sold in an established market during a boom period. Megaman was in a cold market and had a bigger struggle to make sales.

I said it because most of what you said was wrong. Because of that, I doubt you did any fact checking into it.

1)Think I noted that in my original post. Don't remember
2)You didn't check your facts. The best selling game on the PS1 is Gran Turismo an VGchartz has it at 3.87 million. Rayman, in total, was about 4 million. However, Wikipedia says it's the best selling UK game of all time at 5 million. That doesn't add up. The article it links to doesn't quote any numbers and references a site where, from what I can tell so far, you can't get the data from (may take some finagling though).
3)The fact that Rayman is still alive and people wanted Megaman WAY more should tell you something.

Say you're eating Ice Cream. You love ice cream right. You have one and you like it a lot. So you have another. It's not as good as the first one you had, but still good. You have another. Not as good. If you keep eating ice cream, you'd soon be sick of it, or just plain sick. The theory is that for each thing you consume, you will derive less benefit, or utility, from it.

The same is true here. The response to Snake was huge. People went crazy over it. When Sonic was finally announced, people were excited, but it didn't get the same insane reaction that Snake had. The same is true of Mega Man. People were ecstatic to see him, though the overall response was not was huge as Snake, when he flood gates were first opened. The response to Pac-Man was about the same as every other character really. Some people like it, and some didn't. The only people who were really ecstatic were those who wanted him already but it wasn't shared by everyone else.

One thing people do in this thread is overstate how popular Rayman actually is (found Shortie's poll. He was pretty low, behind Bomberman and Simon). The question is, would Rayman excite people more than another Nintendo character? The answer I think is no. Rayman would be polarized. Some people would like him and others wouldn't. I think another issue would be that some people won't feel he's worthy enough, and that's is true of all the other third party characters. The issue with third party characters is we are reaching a leveling off or even negative utility. Unless there is a new phenomenon from a third party company on Nintendo's system, there isn't a character that will please everyone to justify its inclusion. It's not unlike Soul Caliber where guest characters are quickly forgotten. In the end, I don't think there is much we can do with third party characters and the gimmick has ran its course.
A moment of rememberence for our dearly departed, Shortie, rest in peace man.:sadeyes:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Have I told anyone how much better this place is compared to Miiverse? The sad thing is that most people on the Smash Bros Community there are anti-Rayman. :(
Miiverse has SOME Rayman supporters, but most people I've encountered there are haters when it comes to Rayman 4 Smash. The biggest Rayman haters I've seen, though, are the people in the GameXplain comment section, calling an almost 20 year old video game character that has been on Nintendo consoles for 15+ years and has had sales almost as big as Mega Man "not worthy". It just makes me want to scream!:mad: Anyway... :redface: Have we gone over if Rayman is going to use his design from Rayman 1, 3, or Origins/Legends, yet? My prediction is that he will use his Rayman 1 design, simply because it seems like Sakurai and his crew wanted to make Mega Man and Pac-Man as close to their classic designs as they could. Also, general forum speaking, I'm having trouble bringing my Miiverse artwork over to SmashBoards. I read the "help" section, but I'm still having trouble. Can someone please specify? (P.S. WOW this was long for my second post here on this thread, and yes, I am quite new to forums!;))

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Rayman Raving Rabbids. He played a major role in the first three games, so at least a portion of it counts.
I said if anyway.
None of this matters in the long run, you can't just throw in another loophole just because you don't want to be wrong.
Your opinion is not fact. And I did have sources of information, which you insistently attempt to refute for some reason.
2)You didn't check your facts. The best selling game on the PS1 is Gran Turismo an VGchartz has it at 3.87 million. Rayman, in total, was about 4 million.
Last time I checked, 4 million was larger than 3.87 million.
Nostalgia.

This wasn't directed at me, but are you actually comparing food to characters in a video game? If you eat too much ice cream, there's a biological response to it, because too much ice cream will make you sick. We aren't eating data off of our game disks.
Now this is where you're just flat out wrong. Snake had the worst reception of them all, a large majority of people hated him (and still do) because he's "more of a Sony guy." Only Metal Gear fans and a few others actually cared about him, the rest were just excited because of what Snake did, opening the door for third parties. This is what got Sonic into the game, and he had the best reaction and the largest fanbase, Mega Man was lower than Sonic, not because of "too many third parties," but because Sonic is huge. Most people either didn't want Pac-Man in the first place, wanted someone else from Namco instead, or were fans, so of course his reaction would be neutral. And as I have already said before, Rayman does not have a huge following to get him into Smash, but that was never the point. Regardless of which, he would get a similar reaction to Pac-Man for similar reasons.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Now this is where you're just flat out wrong. Snake had the worst reception of them all, a large majority of people hated him (and still do) because he's "more of a Sony guy." Only Metal Gear fans and a few others actually cared about him, the rest were just excited because of what Snake did, opening the door for third parties. This is what got Sonic into the game, and he had the best reaction and the largest fanbase, Mega Man was lower than Sonic, not because of "too many third parties," but because Sonic is huge. Most people either didn't want Pac-Man in the first place, wanted someone else from Namco instead, or were fans, so of course his reaction would be neutral. And as I have already said before, Rayman does not have a huge following to get him into Smash, but that was never the point. Regardless of which, he would get a similar reaction to Pac-Man for similar reasons.
I, personally, would be BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS if Rayman were to be announced as playable, but I bet for most people, Rayman would receive neutral reaction. I think even André of Black Nerd Comedy had a neutral reaction to Pac-Man, and Pac-Man was his most requested character. I think it just comes from the fact that people knew he was going to be in the game ever since it was announced that Namco would be working on the game (and I think that cloud in Greninja's trailer was a dead giveaway). The reason I think Rayman would receive a neutral reaction is the fact that he is in the game... as a trophy. Not only that, but we got not one, but THREE Rayman character trophies (and I really don't think the rock formation in the Bowser Jr. trailer was just a coincidence, BTW).

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970

I think @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux covered this pretty thoroughly, but I'd like to add on to it.

You're trying to claim the community on SmashBoards represents the entire Smash fanbase, which just isn't true. You do realize that Smashboards represents a small minority when it comes to the people who buy Smash Bros, right? Miis aren't a hated aspect of Smash Bros like they are on Smashboards, they are actually one of the main selling points to the casual audience. Pacman was probably the best received of all the third party characters, everyone and their mothers know who Pacman is.

Is Rayman as popular? Of course not, although he's not as nearly as low as you claim him to be. 20 year old gaming mascot with twenty something million sales is nothing to scoff at. I admitted earlier that Ridley was probably more requested then Rayman, but looking back that probably isn't even true. The Rayman series outsells Metroid by a good margin (Almost 10 million), and Rayman is the main character of the series while Ridley is not. Ridley's popularity is incredibly bloated by these boards, the majority of people would like Ridley more because he's a giant purple dragon, not because he's Ridley.

Is Rayman a bigger name then other possible Nintendo characters? For the most part, yes, there are only a handful of Nintendo franchises that are more popular then the Rayman series, (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, DK, and Kirby if my math is right) and all of those have their mascot characters in. Heck, throw in a reference to the Rabbids and the target audience grows larger then the Megaman fanbase. Throw in some sort of reference to other Ubisoft titles, like an Assassins creed alternate costume, and it'll overshadow Megaman entirely.

As for the issue of "worthiness", again, this is only a problem that the vocal minority of Smash fans care about. The complaints of Snake "Not fitting in" with the rest of the Smash cast were much, much louder then "worthiness", and that was based off of Snake's design and mature nature, not his relationship with Nintendo, complaints that Rayman wouldn't have.

TL'DR: Your theory still doesn't apply, as you are only taking into account a small fraction of the Smash fanbase in your claims.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Miiverse has SOME Rayman supporters, but most people I've encountered there are haters when it comes to Rayman 4 Smash. The biggest Rayman haters I've seen, though, are the people in the GameXplain comment section, calling an almost 20 year old video game character that has been on Nintendo consoles for 15+ years and has had sales almost as big as Mega Man "not worthy". It just makes me want to scream!:mad: Anyway... :redface: Have we gone over if Rayman is going to use his design from Rayman 1, 3, or Origins/Legends, yet? My prediction is that he will use his Rayman 1 design, simply because it seems like Sakurai and his crew wanted to make Mega Man and Pac-Man as close to their classic designs as they could. Also, general forum speaking, I'm having trouble bringing my Miiverse artwork over to SmashBoards. I read the "help" section, but I'm still having trouble. Can someone please specify? (P.S. WOW this was long for my second post here on this thread, and yes, I am quite new to forums!;))

Now you know how I feel when I see these sort of these things. I just feel like going on a rampage against these people who're always trying to put us down for stupid reasons.

BTW, I have an interesting topic not necessarily Smash Bros, but still Rayman related.

You remember the scrapped NFC figures for Rayman Legends in the beta trailer, right? Well the Amiibos are pretty much doing what Ubisoft was planning to do, unlocking 'characters', powerups, etc. Which makes me think that if they can't do it for Legends, maybe they'll use the Amiibo functions for supposedly the next Rayman game. One feature they'll obviously use for the amiibos is unlocking new character skins, such as Ray Plumber and Glob Plumber, but with more reps from other Nintendo series, such as a Peach or Samus outfit for Barbara, a Link outfit for Rayman, and a Donkey Kong outfit for Globox. What do you guys think?

Also, one more thing, I had this weird idea about Rayman and Smash Bros. I know this idea is farfetched, but I thought of one way to make our voices heard directly to Nintendo: http://superabachibros.deviantart.com/journal/This-may-be-a-crazy-idea-495560689

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Your opinion is not fact. And I did have sources of information, which you insistently attempt to refute for some reason.
Most of the information you posted was wrong.
{quote]None of this matters in the long run, you can't just throw in another loophole just because you don't want to be wrong.[/quote]
It does matter. And this isn't a response. This is a coop-out. Nice going.

You can't compare sales in 2 different cycles and say one did better. You're arguing that Rayman is bigger by comparing a boom in video games to when games were very niche. These two time periods are not comparable. Megaman's sales should be lower. Nintendo was battling congress at the time and couldn't expand into Europe. Sony didn't have that problem.

Last time I checked, 4 million was larger than 3.87 million.
This one is actually my bad, but it should be 3.87 million in EUROPE.
Of course, had you looked at little more into it, you would have foudn this out. You also would have seen your source was bull****.

Nostalgia.
Isn't that kind of the point of Smash.

This wasn't directed at me, but are you actually comparing food to characters in a video game? If you eat too much ice cream, there's a biological response to it, because too much ice cream will make you sick. We aren't eating data off of our game disks.
Go Google "Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility" I don't want to see this level of ignorance again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzQJpP8M7XA

Note that this was a small conference.

@Kalimdori: Not much to say since most of it is wishful thinking. I think most people would say trying to say Rayman is more or just as popular as an iconic character like Megaman is not even close. Megaman has been out of commission for 4 years and people want him back a lot more. Ubisoft was basically replacing him with the Rabbids. When you look at sale of the game compared to other Playstation games, it doesn't compare. When people think of the PS1, they think of Tekken, Grand Theft Auto, FF7, Tomb Raider, Crash, Metal Gear Solid. They don't think of Rayman. All of those series sold better than Rayman.

Here is the thing. It seems none of you understand the Law of Diminishing Marginal Untility and can't be bothered to learn economic. I was expecting to have some intelligent conversation on the matter, but you all proved me wrong there. So here's what we're going to do.

Tell me why the Law f Diminishing Marginal Utility does not apply here explaining it in an economics context. You also need to tell me what the theory is (so I'm sure you don't think it's just about ice cream). This requires some research.

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Go Google "Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility" I don't want to see this level of ignorance again.

Then why are you still here :troll:

Like I said in my previous post (Which you ignored) you've got tunnel vision that's only allowing you to see the Smash fanbase as the small vocal group that is here on Smashboards, a tiny fraction of those that actually play the game. The "Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility" is completely false in this setting, I'm finding it hilarious that you keep trying to bring it up.

And that small conference was made up of people that Snake's inclusion tailored to, of course they got a good reaction. Would you like me to go grab the dozens of Megaman reactions that were much, much bigger?

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Then why are you still here :troll:

Like I said in my previous post (Which you ignored) you've got tunnel vision that's only allowing you to see the Smash fanbase as the small vocal group that is here on Smashboards, a tiny fraction of those that actually play the game. The "Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility" is completely false in this setting, I'm finding it hilarious that you keep trying to bring it up.

And that small conference was made up of people that Snake's inclusion tailored to, of course they got a good reaction. Would you like me to go grab the dozens of Megaman reactions that were much, much bigger?
Do you really think people outside Smashboard care about rayman. You guys even pointed out that a lot of other places don't care about Rayman. Megaman has been around since the early 80s, and there are a lot of people who don't know him. Do you think they'll all of sudden know Rayman?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I was expecting to have some intelligent conversation on the matter, but you all proved me wrong there.
Well, at least the ones actually arguing are more polite than you, that's a given. Respect is actually rather important in a conversation, regardless of the subject or your stance on it.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Most of the information you posted was wrong.
You have yet to prove any of my information wrong and continuously state opinion as fact. Do you want to be taken seriously?

Why don't you stop being rude and throwing around insults. It show far more ignorance than you believe me to have.
This is completely useless in this situation. A single person growing tired of third parties does not accurately represent the mass quantity of people who buy the product. Just because you are tired of third parties, does not mean that everyone else is. In such an environment, obtaining usage of such characters can only broaden the marketplace and net Nintendo more sales in the long run, as evident with Snake who brought in a portion of his own fanbase when he joined Brawl.

Yes, a reaction to the reveal trailer for Brawl. Shown in front of a crowd of people, compared to the Smash 4 trailer which was shown over Nintendo Direct, you seriously can't be comparing the two. There are countless videos on YouTube of people screaming far louder than that over Mega Man, without the help of a crowd. Sonic and Pac-Man never got a big reveal like Snake and Mega Man, Sonic was just added onto the Brawl Dojo one day and Pac-Man was leaked to the public. You're also completely ignoring the fact that Snake was a complete surprise, Sonic was massively requested, and Pac-Man was obvious due to Namco.

If you don't like Rayman, why don't you say, not go into the Rayman thread? You coming in here to insult people helps no one.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If you don't like Rayman, why don't you say, not go into the Rayman thread? You coming in here to insult people helps no one.
Because of course, given what he's demonstrated, he will most likely come back, quote me saying that I'm wrong and you are rude and throw in unrelated things, and again try and mash his ideas in the head of a complete stranger who is entitled to his own opinion, all while not so subtly insulting the people who have only tried to debate respectfully on the matter.

Basically, he just wants conflict. Its just a matter of how long it lasts before he leaves for good.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Do you really think people outside Smashboard care about rayman. You guys even pointed out that a lot of other places don't care about Rayman. Megaman has been around since the early 80s, and there are a lot of people who don't know him. Do you think they'll all of sudden know Rayman?
:joyful:

Are you claiming they don't?! I know I said you had tunnel vision of the Smash community before, but I meant that as a joke!

He is the mascot of Ubisoft. You know what Ubisoft is, right? One of the biggest gaming companies in the world and all? He's been around for almost 20 years, with millions of games sold?

Yes. Clearly nobody cares about Rayman. Not one person. All those millions of people trashed their copies of whatever Rayman game they bought. But wait! His games receive near universal acclaim!

Which of these statistics is irrelevant to you? Age? In that case Pokemon shouldn't have the audacity to have 5 characters in Smash with another on the way? Sales? In that case, who cares about Metroid? Star Fox? What the heck is a Star Fox?! Kid Icar- ok now you've completely lost me!

Top Bottom