• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Do you really think people outside Smashboard care about rayman. You guys even pointed out that a lot of other places don't care about Rayman. Megaman has been around since the early 80s, and there are a lot of people who don't know him. Do you think they'll all of sudden know Rayman?
http://raymanpc.com/

COUGH COUGH

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
:joyful:

Are you claiming they don't?! I know I said you had tunnel vision of the Smash community before, but I meant that as a joke!

He is the mascot of Ubisoft. You know what Ubisoft is, right? One of the biggest gaming companies in the world and all? He's been around for almost 20 years, with millions of games sold?

Yes. Clearly nobody cares about Rayman. Not one person. All those millions of people trashed their copies of whatever Rayman game they bought. But wait! His games receive near universal acclaim!

Which of these statistics is irrelevant to you? Age? In that case Pokemon shouldn't have the audacity to have 5 characters in Smash with another on the way? Sales? In that case, who cares about Metroid? Star Fox? What the heck is a Star Fox?! Kid Icar- ok now you've completely lost me!

Congrats! Not only you made a better and more valid argument by default, but you made the 1000th post! :D

Rayman!

Smash Cadet
NNID
mambur321
3DS FC
4122-5123-5521
Do you really think people outside Smashboard care about rayman. You guys even pointed out that a lot of other places don't care about Rayman. Megaman has been around since the early 80s, and there are a lot of people who don't know him. Do you think they'll all of sudden know Rayman?
I think theirs too much upcoming arguments that are against Rayman, if you aren't going to support the thread, then why bother to even click on this thread. We can say the same things to your most wanted DLC.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I think there's too much upcoming arguments that are against Rayman, if you aren't going to support the thread, then why bother to even click on this thread. We can say the same things to your most wanted DLC.

Agreed! An eye for an eye.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I don't have any sort of emotional attachment to Rayman. I don't know any of the characters outside of Rayman himself or what he's about but I bought and played Rayman Legends recently on a whim and couldn't put it down til I finished. He should totally be in. I'd at least try him. As long as those stupid Rabbids don't show up as an assist or something.

And if he doesn't get in I at least want an entire game made of the music levels. Castle Rock was in my head for a week.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
I don't have any sort of emotional attachment to Rayman. I don't know any of the characters outside of Rayman himself or what he's about but I bought and played Rayman Legends recently on a whim and couldn't put it down til I finished. He should totally be in. I'd at least try him. As long as those stupid Rabbids don't show up as an assist or something.

And if he doesn't get in I at least want an entire game made of the music levels. Castle Rock was in my head for a week.
Those stupid Rabbids are honestly more deserving, most of their games are Nintendo exclusive.
I said it.
I'm dead.
RIP in pasta Sakuraichu
2019-2014

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Those stupid Rabbids are honestly more deserving, most of their games are Nintendo exclusive.
I said it.
I'm dead.
RIP in pasta Sakuraichu
2019-2014
I never did play the Rabbids games, but Rayman has much more of a nostalgic history behind him. (P.S. I know you were joking, so don't mind me. I'm just pointing out thingamajigs.:p)

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Have I told anyone how much better this place is compared to Miiverse? The sad thing is that most people on the Smash Bros Community there are anti-Rayman. :(
It's nintendo fanboys salty over ubisoft doing scumbag moves and stuff to wii u. To be fair though, Ubisoft are being scum to PC owners and others as well.
It really irks me when a Nintendo Fanboy says "X character shouldn't/won't be in because Y company won't support wii u." Yet for some reason Capcom,who doesn't even support wii u anymore, and the other 2 who've done scumbag moves too, get a free pass.
I remember sakurai listed criteria for 3rd party characters, and I don't remember seeing anything about support.
I really wish people would just keep this attitude: "Hate the company, but not the character."

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I wouldn't be surprised if the Rabbids did show up in some shape or form, but as long as they're not playable over Rayman, of course.

You know, just to put aside Rayman in Smash Bros for a bit, one thing in the recent Rayman games, namely Origins and Legends is the minimal story, or lack therefore in Legends. We know that Origins was going to be a prequel/semi-reboot to the Rayman canon before that was scrapped and was made as a sequel to bridge the canon of Rayman 1 and 2. There was going to be some other story elements that involved
the Magician and why he turned evil, but apparently that too was scrapped, but the minor details of Mr. Dark was somewhat kept intact.
For Legends, there was even less of a story compared to Origins, which involved you going across the Glade of Dreams to defeat the Nightmares and save the Teensies, which was pretty much it. Now, I won't guarantee that Ubisoft has plans to make another Rayman platformer, 2D or 3D, but if they did, what would your take on the story would be? Would it continue off with Origins/Legends, and how would it tie in all of the loose ends left in those games?

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
It's nintendo fanboys salty over ubisoft doing scumbag moves and stuff to wii u. To be fair though, Ubisoft are being scum to PC owners and others as well.
It really irks me when a Nintendo Fanboy says "X character shouldn't/won't be in because Y company won't support wii u." Yet for some reason Capcom,who doesn't even support wii u anymore, and the other 2 who've done scumbag moves too, get a free pass.
I remember sakurai listed criteria for 3rd party characters, and I don't remember seeing anything about support.
I really wish people would just keep this attitude: "Hate the company, but not the character."
That's right! There has been nothing said about support for the current Nintendo consoles! In my mind, the company never really mattered, it was more about the character itself and the creator of said character, which means Ubisoft =/= Michael Ancel. As we all know, Ancel even petitioned for Rayman Legends to at least be a timed-exclusive for Wii U, so the creator of the character DID want to support Nintendo, but it was the company that prevented him. So, unless the company is owned by Sony or Microsoft *COUGH* Banjo-Kazooie *COUGH*, it's the character itself that really matters.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You do realise Rayman was the official mascot of the France World Cup team last World Cup, like Pikachu was for Japan, right?

Yeah, people totally don't care about him outside of Smashboards. He only represented an entire nation in one of the biggest sporting events in the world.

https://www.facebook.com/Uplay.Ubisoft/posts/10152301318878887

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Last edited:

Rayman!

Smash Cadet
NNID
mambur321
3DS FC
4122-5123-5521
No one can wait a year for another DLC character(Besides Mewtwo)

personally, I cant even wait for a week, I keep getting hyped to see new SSB4 news but its just the same thing every day, im expecting a new DLC character in the next 2 years. I cant wait any longer. I wonder what Sakurai is going right now in Japan....

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro

Just in case any of you don't want to open the Facebook link or something.

They announced that on April the 1st, which I thought it might've been an April Fool's Joke. Then again, Rayman along with Pikachu in the World Cup does sound like serious business.

Also, regarding what people said liking the character and not the company, I completely agree. I mean I have to admit, delaying Rayman Legends and making it multiplatform was dickish on Ubisoft's behalf, but those those crybaby fanboys wanting to boycott the game, namely the Wii U version, just to spite Ubisoft was even more dickish. As for me, I still bought the Wii U version as I originally planned (besides, I didn't have a Wii U until my birthday in June last year, so at least the delay did some good) and I still find it superior to the other versions. Heck, I felt sorry for Mr. Ancel when he too was upset of the delay since they all worked hard on it, and that people are taking their anger out on them and the game was just unfair. Still, I don't see why people have to hate on Rayman in Smash Bros just because he belongs to a company that 'ditched' the Wii U, yet for Mega Man and Pac Man, their respective companies aren't making the games of their series on the Wii U (not counting the VC titles or the Ghostly Adventure games). Why should Rayman be treated any different? He's been around for 19+ years, just four/five years older than Sonic, and most of his games were hit sellers. Still, I can see why Ubisoft would withdraw from the Wii U for the time being due to the low sales of the consoles when it first launched. But does that change my opinion in wanting Rayman for Smash Bros? NO! I want him in as playable more than ever. If people were to hate on Rayman because of the logic of Ubisoft ditching the Wii U, I could use the same opinion of Mega Man, Pac Man, and even Snake joining Smash Bros. At least Rayman has been on most Nintendo consoles than not at all.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Look at it this way.

Ubisoft never put out Sonic Boom as the finale to a deal with Nintendo. :p

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Look at it this way.

Ubisoft never put out Sonic Boom as the finale to a deal with Nintendo. :p

So true. In fact, the Sonic-Nintendo deal was pretty much a bust for the most part. Sonic Lost World was pretty much the only game of the deal that was decent for the most part, if not great, with the second game being another mediocre Olympic game crossover instead of the platformer it should have been by now.

In fact, Ubisoft never made a game that basically ruined a development company that was just getting started with their first game.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I personally think Sonic Lost World is a great game, but different strokes for different folks. It's incredibly polished no matter how you swing it though.

And I don't want to make judgments on SEGA ruining BRB, since we don't know much of anything behind what happened to the game during the development (merely that something did happen).

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I'm not saying Lost World was terrible, but it did have some flaws, mainly with the story and some gameplay elements.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not saying Lost World was terrible, but it did have some flaws, mainly with the story and some gameplay elements.
I agree, though I still thought it was great nonetheless, even though it has things I really don't like.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Now, I won't guarantee that Ubisoft has plans to make another Rayman platformer, 2D or 3D, but if they did, what would your take on the story would be? Would it continue off with Origins/Legends, and how would it tie in all of the loose ends left in those games?
I would just like any story at all, I love Origins, but I was severely disappointed that they scrapped the origins story. Regardless, if I had to pick, it would be after the events of Legends, and it would bring back some Rayman characters that disappeared over the years (Clark, Ly, Ssssssam, Joe etc.).

To the topic at hand, Rayman may not be as big as the likes of Sonic, Megaman, and Pac-Man, but he's still an icon loved by tons of people and the mascot of one of the biggest game companies in the world. He may be smaller compared to the others, but he has still made his way in gaming history.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
They announced that on April the 1st, which I thought it might've been an April Fool's Joke. Then again, Rayman along with Pikachu in the World Cup does sound like serious business.

Also, regarding what people said liking the character and not the company, I completely agree. I mean I have to admit, delaying Rayman Legends and making it multiplatform was ****ish on Ubisoft's behalf, but those those crybaby fanboys wanting to boycott the game, namely the Wii U version, just to spite Ubisoft was even more ****ish. As for me, I still bought the Wii U version as I originally planned (besides, I didn't have a Wii U until my birthday in June last year, so at least the delay did some good) and I still find it superior to the other versions. Heck, I felt sorry for Mr. Ancel when he too was upset of the delay since they all worked hard on it, and that people are taking their anger out on them and the game was just unfair. Still, I don't see why people have to hate on Rayman in Smash Bros just because he belongs to a company that 'ditched' the Wii U, yet for Mega Man and Pac Man, their respective companies aren't making the games of their series on the Wii U (not counting the VC titles or the Ghostly Adventure games). Why should Rayman be treated any different? He's been around for 19+ years, just four/five years older than Sonic, and most of his games were hit sellers. Still, I can see why Ubisoft would withdraw from the Wii U for the time being due to the low sales of the consoles when it first launched. But does that change my opinion in wanting Rayman for Smash Bros? NO! I want him in as playable more than ever. If people were to hate on Rayman because of the logic of Ubisoft ditching the Wii U, I could use the same opinion of Mega Man, Pac Man, and even Snake joining Smash Bros. At least Rayman has been on most Nintendo consoles than not at all.
Yeah, Rayman Team confirmed that it was an April Fools joke. Also, I completely agree with you about the crybaby people who whined and cried and bashed Rayman and Ancel. Pac-Man and Mega Man should not be in if Sakurai used that logic (I am glad they're in, BTW). And the people who say Rayman has no history with Nintendo probably don't have a single brain cell in their head.

I was actually really hyped for Lost World when it was first announced, and when I played it, it lived up to my expectations. I was even more hyped when Boom was announced, but then it released and... you know.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Honestly, I'd say more than anything, Rayman should be in Smash for the sake of cultural diversity.

Smash is literally only Japanese made characters right now. Since third parties are evolving to turn Smash from a "celebration of Nintendo" to "a celebration of gaming's greatest", I'd love an American and European character, since those two regions are just as important to gaming as Japan (the father of video games was not even Japanese). And Rayman is the most iconic European character there is.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Honestly, I'd say more than anything, Rayman should be in Smash for the sake of cultural diversity.

Smash is literally only Japanese made characters right now. Since third parties are evolving to turn Smash from a "celebration of Nintendo" to "a celebration of gaming's greatest", I'd love an American and European character, since those two regions are just as important to gaming as Japan (the father of video games was not even Japanese). And Rayman is the most iconic European character there is.
We have diddy kong and I think that's literally it

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

You know, I never really thought of that before. The only real non-Japanese character we have is Diddy Kong, but even then, he represents a Japanese franchise.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I actually forgot Diddy Kong was British made, but still, England has it's own identity compared to other European countries, and yeah, he's still part of a Japanese franchise and not many people are aware he isn't. It would be nice to see Rayman and an American character get into Smash.

I also view Rayman as important for the strides he made for our standards in 2D animated games, both with Rayman 1 and with Origins/Legends.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
From what I heard, Punch-Out for the NES was made by Nintendo of America, so doesn't that make Little Mac also a non-Japanese character?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
My bad then. So both Diddy, Commander Video and Rayman are the non-Japanese characters to be represented in Smash Bros, huh?
Adding the rest of the DK crew and enemies as trophies, I think so, I'm not sure if there are any others that come from different countries.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Well, until Mr. Sakurai releases official info on why he included the Rayman trophies in the first place, we can only speculate at this point.

BTW, I made this Rayman Mii years ago. So while not the real deal, if anyone is interest in emulating as him in any game, including Smash Bros, be my guest.

Rayman!

Smash Cadet
NNID
mambur321
3DS FC
4122-5123-5521
Well, until Mr. Sakurai releases official info on why he included the Rayman trophies in the first place, we can only speculate at this point.

BTW, I made this Rayman Mii years ago. So while not the real deal, if anyone is interest in emulating as him in any game, including Smash Bros, be my guest.

How do you upload a QR code from the 3DS to the Internet?

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
How do you upload a QR code from the 3DS to the Internet?
I save the QR Code and Mii image onto the SD card for my 3DS. I take the image and code and upload it on deviantArt or any site you can upload images. I right click on the image to View Image, and copy the URL here. Does that help?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

surprised.png

KILL IT WITH FIRE

jk

Top Bottom