• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

D

Deleted member

Well... this was the last disconfirmation that I was expecting. Hell, I didn't even expect Rayman to get in this game at all.
My condolences to his supports! A trophy isn't bad though since he got some recognition!

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
I hoped that he would be playable in this Smash Bros! He's one of my favorite video game characters and I think it's fantastic that Sakurai decided to include him in some way! :)

I need that trophy! <3

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
"If rayman is the reveal today on a scale of one to hype how hype would you guys be?"

I didn't even think about that! It might be happening :O I swear, I'd break down into tears. My love for Rayman is eternal.

Yeah, I was actually replying to the comment but it didn't work for some reason D:

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
He got a whole new design and usually those are for fighters so there is still hope and or main opponet is shulk.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Well... this was the last disconfirmation that I was expecting. Hell, I didn't even expect Rayman to get in this game at all.
My condolences to his supports! A trophy isn't bad though since he got some recognition!
Can't say he's gone just yet. Due to him being a third party we need to wait till the stream to see if he's in or not. (Why put a character from a big company as a trophy only?)

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Can't say he's gone just yet. Due to him being a third party we need to wait till the stream to see if he's in or not. (Why put a character from a big company as a trophy only?)
That got me thinking too. A small piece of me actually believes that Rayman might be the character that is revealed today. I just think it's weird to show off a trophy for a character such as Rayman on the same day as a new character reveal.

A little tease, maybe?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I swear...when Mac got revealed I went through the roof, telling EVERYONE I knew and being so excited about it. But with this, I could barely sleep the past few hours as I was too amazed to do anything BUT cheer....and it's for a trophy! A TROPHY! This is the first time EVER in my life that I've been in hysterics over an SSB trophy. Never have I ever thought I'd be so hyped over this!

@ domokl domokl considering the above, if Rayman's playable I'd be in a frenzy. At least. 8D

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The strange thing about the situation is Sakurai is so nonchalant about it. ''Oh here's this trophy of a third party character. This is a totally normal thing."

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I refuse to believe Rayman is in as nothing but a trophy. Playable character or we riot.

Yes, I support him.

domokl

Smash Lord
The strange thing about the situation is Sakurai is so nonchalant about it. ''Oh here's this trophy of a third party character. This is a totally normal thing."
He acts like we should already know about him and dosent even state if he's playable or not. Its really weird

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Yeah guys sorry Rayman can't be playable

His amiibo wouldn't work at all you can't have floating pieces it doesn't make sense

:p

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I've started posting :p's at the end of most of my posts because I forget when I post places people don't know me I get taken seriously. And as funny as hate pm's are, I'd prefer to make people laugh than rage.
I never get rage pms. Not sure if I am disappointed or happy about this fact.

:p is the best emote. People should use it more often, it makes posts more "lighthearted", if that makes any sense.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Congratulations guys. Rayman looks like a top contender for dlc or smash 5.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I never get rage pms. Not sure if I am disappointed or happy about this fact.

:p is the best emote. People should use it more often, it makes posts more "lighthearted", if that makes any sense.
No, I totally agree. That's why I've been using it. If you try to take the boards too seriously you're going to take away from your own enjoyment of them. I just tend to go over the top with sarcasm sometimes and it doesn't always translate well online. A well placed :p at the end of a post tells people I wasn't actually dissing their favorite character, I was just talkin' cause I like the sound of my voice.

(I've only actually gotten 1 rage pm but I was kinda asking for that one xD)

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Yeah guys sorry Rayman can't be playable

His amiibo wouldn't work at all you can't have floating pieces it doesn't make sense

:p

So, Rayman supporters. In an hour and 15 minutes, your character's fate will be decided. Congrats just for being a trophy at all. Feel good that even if he didn't make the cut, he was at least considered and may be considered for the next Smash

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
i love rey man as i kid i will support him but not for smash 4 we seem to be pushing the 3d party limit unless you count sonic as a 2nd party with the whole sega and Nintendo deal

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Congratulations guys. Rayman looks like a top contender for dlc or smash 5.
Yup. As of today, Rayman just joined my SSB5 wish list. My list currently includes Simon Belmont, Mallo from Pushmo, and the Wandering Heroes from Find Mii.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
If Rayman gets a stage, it should either be Candy Chateau from Rayman 1, or a place similar to The Precipice from Rayman 2.

Imagine Mr. Dark showing up and causing mayhem for the fighters, like shooting energy balls, reversing player controls, summoning pillars of fire, etc.
And also imagine various others things like platforms and hazards randomly popping in and out due to that sparkly thing (don't they call them gendoors or something?)

And then the Rayman 2 stage could have The Buccaneer somewhere in the distance while normal pirate ships fire down upon the stage and blast bridges apart.

Don't get your hopes up on Rayman though. While he is one of my top third-parties I want to see (besides Sora and Layton, and some others), the trophy could just be a tribute, as odd as it seems.

----

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If Rayman gets a stage, it should either be Candy Chateau from Rayman 1, or a place similar to The Precipice from Rayman 2.

Don't get your hopes up on Rayman though. While he is one of my top third-parties I want to see (besides Sora and Layton, and some others), the trophy could just be a tribute, as odd as it seems.

----
Nah, it should be a stage from either Rayman Origins or Rayman Legends. These two games have plenty of beautiful stages.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Well, even if he's just a trophy, he's definitely first in line for a DLC slot or as a character in the next Smash game. Either way, I'm sure he'll be playable eventually.

I've never been so hyped over a trophy.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Mr. Dark would be a sick AT. He could reverse your controls, remove your ability to attack or make everyone but his summoner run uncontrollably.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
this is making me thinking he will see the model and realize the potential and make him into a dlc character

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Well, even if he's just a trophy, he's definitely first in line for a DLC slot or as a character in the next Smash game. Either way, I'm sure he'll be playable eventually.

I've never been so hyped over a trophy.
My favorite PS-originating character in Smash?

Oh, boy, PSA fans will crap themselves.

Top Bottom