• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, if Rayman were to get in, that'd be more than enough for me. Aside from a certain Space Pirate, there isn't really anyone else I'd want that isn't a veteran to be DLC. And I'd rather the remaining DLC characters be newcomers rather than veterans so that we could get some more variety in this already diverse game.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Rayman just has to throw those yellow orbs as one of his specials. I played 3D Rayman & Pacman before Sonic Mario & Megaman.

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
Rayman just has to throw those yellow orbs as one of his specials. I played 3D Rayman & Pacman before Sonic Mario & Megaman.

I'd actually mmmmmmmuch rather have his neutral B be fist charge/throw from Rayman 3 where you can even move while charging it. That's the #1 thing I want Rayman to have if he gets in, it simply would be something so simple, yet fun and different. But it's of couse much likely, that he'd have the one from Rayman Origins (that one should be his F smash tough), or something similar to DK's/Samus' neutral B.

Well okay, even though an orb/lum(?) throw would be generic and less exciting..... it would be epic to hear the familiar sound when he throws those in Smash. But... I bet they would make their own sounds for it /:

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'd actually mmmmmmmuch rather have his neutral B be fist charge/throw from Rayman 3 where you can even move while charging it. That's the #1 thing I want Rayman to have if he gets in, it simply would be something so simple, yet fun and different. But it's of couse much likely, that he'd have the one from Rayman Origins (that one should be his F smash tough), or something similar to DK's/Samus' neutral B.

Well okay, even though an orb/lum(?) throw would be generic and less exciting..... it would be epic to hear the familiar sound when he throws those in Smash. But... I bet they would make their own sounds for it /:
I want both. Orb thingy could be neutral or side B while windup punch could be either down or neutral b...

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
I want both. Orb thingy could be neutral or side B while windup punch could be either down or neutral b...
Well, they travel a lot slower, than Fox's neutral B for example, so I guess it could create an unique situation, you kind of shoot a line of orbs (and alter it by jumping), and even if there would be a lot of them on the screen at the same time, your opponent would have time to plan their approach. AND you could also charge them, which would add quite a lot of variety and use to the move.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Well, they travel a lot slower, than Fox's neutral B for example, so I guess it could create an unique situation, you kind of shoot a line of orbs (and alter it by jumping), and even if there would be a lot of them on the screen at the same time, your opponent would have time to plan their approach. AND you could also charge them, which would add quite a lot of variety and use to the move.
I'd like to think that the move could somehow ricochet off of walls, or even opponents maybe? It's gotta be bouncy!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, Etika's second poll is up. Doesn't look like Rayman made it, sadly. Not that it matters. If you guys could, do you think you could vote for Snake? Like I said, it doesn't matter for nothing. I just want to see Snake win one of these things for once.
http://strawpoll.me/5813790

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Well, that is a pretty nice edit and cosplay, I must say.

And she has weird ears here.

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971

Holy jeebus some never before seen art from the first 2 games was just founnd and it looks amazing!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Holy jeebus some never before seen art from the first 2 games was just founnd and it looks amazing!
I definitely recognize the third one as the title screen for the first world in Rayman 1. Is this from that art museum with that video game exhibit that Rayman is a part of?

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
So, I guess we won't be getting any Nintendo Directs until sometime in December.
Unless, of course if sources are correct, we'll be getting news on Nintendo's first mobile game this upcoming week.

AndreaAC

Nah, couldn't afford it. I use Paint.NET since it's free.
Oh, and do you have do something specific to get the Origins style with it? I'm not good at tracing with the pen, so, I have no idea, do you have some examples on what to do?

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Oh, and do you have do something specific to get the Origins style with it? I'm not good at tracing with the pen, so, I have no idea, do you have some examples on what to do?
Well, I used an eye dropper to get the specific colors from the Rayman Origins reference, plus using multiple layers for each color/part.

AndreaAC

Well, I used an eye dropper to get the specific colors from the Rayman Origins reference, plus using multiple layers for each color/part.
:3 Thank you, I should try it someday since, well, I have Illustrator myself, but I don't use it much in comparison to PS, but it is way better for vectorizing!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Looks like the support threads are closing... it's been a good run guys.

It'll be sad to see us all disbanded, but hopefully we'll have a new home in a proper character thread.

AndreaAC

Looks like the support threads are closing... it's been a good run guys.

It'll be sad to see us all disbanded, but hopefully we'll have a new home in a proper character thread.
I was going to ask about that, wouldn't it be better if you made a group for Rayman so we can keep talking about him and related things?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I was going to ask about that, wouldn't it be better if you made a group for Rayman so we can keep talking about him and related things?
There's already a Rayman Skype group, I'm not in charge of it though.
Wait, you mean this thread's gonna close soon?
All support threads are closing because of the Smash Ballot being over, for some reason. We have a week.

AndreaAC

There's already a Rayman Skype group, I'm not in charge of it though.

All support threads are closing because of the Smash Ballot being over, for some reason. We have a week.
Eh...I think a social group would be better, don't you think? I honestly don't use Skype, and I would hate to see this end.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Eh...I think a social group would be better, don't you think? I honestly don't use Skype, and I would hate to see this end.
I don't think a single character warrants an entire social group, well, except for rather large ones.

Just gonna drop an invite here like I am to all the threads with the imminent closing.
MY group will be remaining open and will allow anyone to come if they wish to return to business as usual.
http://smashboards.com/social-forums/predefined-role-character-support.1812/
The offer is appreciated, but what place do most of the regular support threads have in a group for assist trophies?

I don't think a single character warrants an entire social group, well, except for rather large ones.

The offer is appreciated, but what place do most of the regular support threads have in a group for assist trophies?
The same role they had before Smash 4 released. EVERYONE is welcome. As long as you are a character that originated from a video game you can have a thread. K rool, Rayman, Dixie, I don't care. Just have fun.

AndreaAC

The predefined role social thing? I would really prefer one only for Rayman, since, really, I feel that place is a mess, besides, the Bandana Dee support thread has their own social group, and the same case with Ridley.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I guess I'll have the new Rayman and Banjo threads up soon...
The predefined role social thing? I would really prefer one only for Rayman, since, really, I feel that place is a mess, besides, the Bandana Dee support thread has their own social group, and the same case with Ridley.
The thread being in the group doesn't mean you have to frequent the other threads. It'll basically be this thread, just relocated.

AndreaAC

I guess I'll have the new Rayman and Banjo threads up soon...

The thread being in the group doesn't mean you have to frequent the other threads. It'll basically be this thread, just relocated.
Do you have a link to the Rayman group there?

Bradandez

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bradandez
Man, I wasn't on my computer yesterday, but the official Rayman Facebook page featured my Betilla doodle I drew! I feel so honored!

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Well, in any case, while we're on the topic of Rayman, I've finally fixed up the Kung Foot Smash Bros stage that I've made some time ago. I've made some additions and changes that'll discourage players from trying the 'jump the goal posts', resulting a life lost if they attempt to do so (Looking at you JamesDNaux JamesDNaux ). Here's the modified layout of the stage.

If anyone wants to try out the stage, here's the link for you to download the stage via Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkjwjc5Ww

Also, for extra fun, be sure to turn off all items except for the soccer ball item for this stage.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Well, with the support threads closing soon, I just wanna say that I'm glad I was able to spend these 3 months supporting Rayman with you guys. It was a good and fun run, and hopefully we'll get Rayman.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Well, with the support threads closing soon, I just wanna say that I'm glad I was able to spend these 3 months supporting Rayman with you guys. It was a good and fun run, and hopefully we'll get Rayman.
=U= You should joing the Rayman group the James just linked, so, it isn't over yet.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
And I want to say that if I knew this thread existed, I'd would've joined from the very beginning.
In any case, I just signed up for the new group. I'll be sure to notify the members on my DA group about this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom