• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

AndreaAC

Well, the title is roughly translated to;

"Rayman should be in Smash Bros., and end up destroying Sonic"

I don't know if I like that title. xD
Yup, that's the title, well, I'm going to try to reanslate the rest. o_o at least the important parts

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
that translation is very wrong.
it translates into:
'Rayman should be in smash brothers... and destroy sonic'
The article is on about how Sonic keeps getting worse and Rayman keeps growing lately
edit: nevermind lol I read your guys' translation wrong

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
That is why I said, "roughly translated" since I don't know Spanish coherently. But I could tell what it meant, reading the rest of this article, it's talking about Rayman's history to Sonic's.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
For me, I just use Google Translate

But I definitely have to agree with the article's statement. Rayman is definitely getting better while Sonic is getting worser and worser. I, for one, won't be too excited about his 25th anniversary next year.

AndreaAC

Rayman deserves to be in Smash Bros. and finishing up destroying Sonic.

When stablishing Rayman as the stellar proposal of Ubisoft’s platforming games, it is easy to realize that in these 20 years, Rayman has been doing much better than others of his rivals, specifically Sonic The Hedgehog, Sega's mascot.

Rayman recovered, but Sonic got worse.

Both franchises went through ups and downs. In the case of Rayman , after the successful launch of Rayman 2: The Great Escape (1999 ) on multiple platforms , Ubisoft experimented with bringing the franchise to places that other mascots were also exploring, such as sports , races and educational games. None of those games were popular (or do you really came to play Rayman Golf? ) .

With Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc (2003), the series remained in their comfort zone , but just as Ubisoft had an eye on the next generation of consoles (Xbox 360 , PS3 and Wii) decided to take the risk of carrying the franchise to the “party” area. Hence why Rayman Rabbids Rabbing (2006 ) came up, and then Rayman lost the prominence of his own series . He became a “name borrower".

It worked amazingly for Ubisoft, but not for Rayman. The last generation began with the Rabbids, and spin-offs became a highly profitable license for the French video game company.

In the second half of that generation Rayman Origins ( 2011) was launched, which returned to the ways of the 2D platforming, but with a much faster and dynamic gameplay, using largely the amazing local multiplayer and ingenious level design.

Rayman Legends (2013) was a broken promise from Ubisoft to the Wii U, but something that also noticeable was the improvement of the initial proposal of the franchise: a platform game of high difficulty, with multiple levels, challenges and objects to collect.

The only thing that Rayman is missing to be one of the most known heroes in videogames is his appearance in Smash Bros.

Nintendo opened a few months ago the Ballot of fighters that fans wanted in this Smash Bros., and Rayman was one of the most demanded from the start. A he fights to get a place against Banjo- Kazooie , King K. Rool , Snake and Shovel Knight, among many others. We hope to achieve this mission.

I know it's difficult , but one can imagine perfectly with the movements you have in Origins and Legends , fighting with Mario , Mega Man, Pac -Man and Sonic.
This is nothing new. So, it is kind of useless.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

That is why I said, "roughly translated" since I don't know Spanish coherently. But I could tell what it meant, reading the rest of this article, it's talking about Rayman's history to Sonic's.
Yup, translating it was a waste of time since it is telling things we already know about Rayman, and well, how Sonic "should die" or something.

damn. dp.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
This is nothing new. So, it is kind of useless.
It's not really new. But what was pointed out about the "Party Game Era", that was what made Rayman fall his most, which compared to Sonic's 06, Shadow the Hedgehog at the time, Rayman's history may have been more "recoverable" because he's essenially "staying safe" while Sonic keeps on changing so fast.

In other words, Rayman is just doing what Sonic has done, he's just "taking it slow" while Sonic is "going too fast", no pun intended. Sonic's played it safe just like Rayman is currently, Sonic Unleash to Colors, to Generations, all 3 games using the same engine, while Rayman is now doing the same, Origins, Legends, and Adventures. Both have came back after fell down from past installments, but Sonic is doing it again. Hopefully, whether or not Rayman makes it into Smash, Rayman's gaming career stays positive and doesn't falls again like during the Party game era.

AndreaAC

It's not really new. But what was pointed out about the "Party Game Era", that was what made Rayman fall his most, which compared to Sonic's 06, Shadow the Hedgehog at the time, Rayman's history may have been more "recoverable" because he's essenially "staying safe" while Sonic keeps on changing so fast.

In other words, Rayman is just doing what Sonic has done, he's just "taking it slow" while Sonic is "going too fast", no pun intended. Sonic's played it safe just like Rayman is currently, Sonic Unleash to Colors, to Generations, all 3 games using the same engine, while Rayman is now doing the same, Origins, Legends, and Adventures. Both have came back after fell down from past installments, but Sonic is doing it again. Hopefully, whether or not Rayman makes it into Smash, Rayman's gaming career stays positive and doesn't falls again like during the Party game era.
Yeah, exactly. Hoping the best for him, not regarding Smash because I'm sick enough of it. Just that his franchise doesn't die again and that it gets back to what is was going to be in R4.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971

uh-oh

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

uh-oh
Mmm.. I understand that but It will be difficult to get used to not seeing directs, for me at least. But maybe, and I hope, the directs will come back after a time has passed.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Mmm.. I understand that but It will be difficult to get used to not seeing directs, for me at least. But maybe, and I hope, the directs will come back after a time has passed.
It's most likly that Nintendo just needs more time to get a new spokesperson to replace Iwata. I'm sure Directs will still be a thing, since it helped Nintendo a lot when Iwata was in charge of it. No worries. :)

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro

uh-oh

Well, since things turned out how they are, I wouldn't be surprised if that would be the case. But if they do decide to stop airing new Nintendo Directs to respect Iwata, then I hope they would at least come up with a 'spiritual successor' to the Nintendo Directs, continuing to deliver more gaming news that us Nintendo fans have been running dry of for many months now.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

uh-oh
I honestly see why they would stop Directs. Directs won't be the same without Mr. Iwata.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Aw what I missed Rayman's Birthday?
Also, holy crap this thread is almost 400 pages long. Back in my day, we were lucky to get to 5. I missed 160 pages.
I wanted to say I recently got Rayman 3 off the PSN sale for $3.50. I'm having a lot of fun with it. Honestly I love the dialogue. And the music's pretty great.
Yeah, it's crazy to see how far we've come in this thread.

Go ahead and enjoy it all the way through. One of my favorite games ever.

R1 kills me with his adorablenss~!

And here's the Render used for the fake leak thing.
I like to think R1 as the cute one, R2 and R3 as the cool ones, and RO/RL as the completely crazy one.

That's a really good render! Let's all hope this actually comes true.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

I like to think R1 as the cute one, R2 and R3 as the cool ones, and RO/RL as the completely crazy one.

Pretty much, as R1 is the youngest, and R3 is obviously badass. xD And yup, RO Ray is crazy.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Yup, just like that.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Someone make a gif out of this with the words "Where's my Rayman?" placed over it.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023

uh-oh
Although Directs will never be the same, they should still continue.

Don't you love it when Smashboards stops giving you notifications for a fourm you support?

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Gotta love the Teensies.
Nice. I always had a liking of those little fellas in R2/3, and a bit in Rayman Arena, although when as CPUs, they were a bit annoying cuz they kicked my ass in that game some times. xD

EDIT: Speaking of the little guys, they make me thought about the ending of R3 and one of them doing that little dance to the hoodlum theme was so funny to me. xD

And I know it's past his birthday now but for anyone that wants to see this;

http://trunder-bit.deviantart.com/art/YEAH-557934154

And something I found for the Barbara fans;

http://albertov.deviantart.com/art/Barbara-557844017

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Ok, one month till the Ballot is closed, let's show Nintendo, how much we've supported Rayman, whatever happens, I want to say that I've enjoyed staying here and meet you all, and pass great moments, It's a pleasure to be here, and if Rayman doesn't get in, I'll still support him for Smash 5, but I have something that makes me think that he'll be one of the DLC characters, but of course, I'm ready for whatever happens. That said, one month till the "Fight" ends, we can do it!

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ok, one month till the Ballot is closed, let's show Nintendo, how much we've supported Rayman, whatever happens, I want to say that I've enjoyed staying here and meet you all, and pass great moments, It's a pleasure to be here, and if Rayman doesn't get in, I'll still support him for Smash 5, but I have something that makes me think that he'll be one of the DLC characters, but of course, I'm ready for whatever happens. That said, one month till the Fight ends, we can do it!
:3 Same, Jaster. ^ u ^ Let's hope for the best for him, whatever it is.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Well, this is it then. We're in the final stretch now. If Ubisoft can't give us anything for Rayman's birthday, then we all have to give the gift ourselves by voting non stop for him to be in Smash Bros. No turning back, let's give it all we got.

Regardless if he gets into Smash Bros or not, I really enjoyed my time here and getting to know you guys over our bonds of Rayman. Time to give the extra effort.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Ok, one month till the Ballot is closed, let's show Nintendo, how much we've supported Rayman, whatever happens, I want to say that I've enjoyed staying here and meet you all, and pass great moments, It's a pleasure to be here, and if Rayman doesn't get in, I'll still support him for Smash 5, but I have something that makes me think that he'll be one of the DLC characters, but of course, I'm ready for whatever happens. That said, one month till the "Fight" ends, we can do it!

I have about 20 fake emails ready to send hatemail to Nintendo.
Just in case.

FOR RAYMAN

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Well, this is it then. We're in the final stretch now. If Ubisoft can't give us anything for Rayman's birthday, then we all have to give the gift ourselves by voting non stop for him to be in Smash Bros. No turning back, let's give it all we got.

Regardless if he gets into Smash Bros or not, I really enjoyed my time here and getting to know you guys over our bonds of Rayman. Time to give the extra effort.
Yeah, it's crazy. I've only been here for a small while, but I feel like I've known you all for years. I'm with you guys until it all goes down, and even if Rayman doesn't get in, I'm still glad I was able to do my best to support him alongside you all.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yeah, it's crazy. I've only been here for a small while, but I feel like I've known you all for years. I'm with you guys until it all goes down, and even if Rayman doesn't get in, I'm still glad I was able to do my best to support him alongside you all.
Same here. :3 Glad to have gotten to know you and the rest of you all, you're all awesome. ;3

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I've always loved the little guys. Their dialogue from Rayman 3 always cracked me up.
I liked them in both R2 and R3, R2 because they were serious and wanted me to help save the Glade of Dreams, and R3 for the entire world, while sounding funny as well. xD

Last edited:
Top Bottom