• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

This is so cute and funny! I can't help it but hear the N64 version of the Walking Shell theme while looking at this!

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Guess I should share this before bed.

Well that's great news! Hopefully, we can get both Rayman in the flesh AND a Rayman Mii outfit when the time comes.

BTW, I've got some bad news to share. It's been confirmed that the Dr. Mario stage and possibly the Great Bay stage were fake. I admit, I thought that the Dr. Mario stage looked legit and could work, but at the same time, I'm not really that upset about that.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I'm going on a vacation from now till next friday. I hope I'll return to good news and perhaps some fun I missed. Good lcuk everyone! Keep fighting!

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I'm going on a vacation from now till next friday. I hope I'll return to good news and perhaps some fun I missed. Good lcuk everyone! Keep fighting!
Good luck! Enjoy your trip and take care, I hope you enjoy it :).

Well that's great news! Hopefully, we can get both Rayman in the flesh AND a Rayman Mii outfit when the time comes.

BTW, I've got some bad news to share. It's been confirmed that the Dr. Mario stage and possibly the Great Bay stage were fake. I admit, I thought that the Dr. Mario stage looked legit and could work, but at the same time, I'm not really that upset about that.
The Great Bay was fake, the one who did it said that, and the Dr. Mario stage looked so legit.. but well, since Rayman leak, don't believe in anything xD.

Maybe the Dr. Mario stage is coming in the next update or something.

Ok.. the Dr. Mario Stage was fake:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Hope you have a great vacation!

Also, I'm planning on opening a tournament just for Rayman supporters. I'll do a test tournament that will last a day, and after some feedback, I'll create another that will last two weeks.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I'll have acces to internet every now and then so I'll be here in spirit. I just don't have a lot of time to post here. Have fun with the tournament test!

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Good luck! Enjoy your trip and take care, I hope you enjoy it :).

The Great Bay was fake, the one who did it said that, and the Dr. Mario stage looked so legit.. but well, since Rayman leak, don't believe in anything xD.

Maybe the Dr. Mario stage is coming in the next update or something.

Ok.. the Dr. Mario Stage was fake:

There was a problem fetching the tweet
That's what I said. It looked more legit than the Rayman leak, I'll give you that. But one thing's for certain, they only way to tell that a leak is real is if there's a solid gameplay video that ends up being taken down later on by Nintendo. If not, then it's fake, which is the same case with Rayman and this.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
That's what I said. It looked more legit than the Rayman leak, I'll give you that. But one thing's for certain, they only way to tell that a leak is real is if there's a solid gameplay video that ends up being taken down later on by Nintendo. If not, then it's fake, which is the same case with Rayman and this.
At least Rayman had a video.. a very credible video :c.

2 months for the end of the ballot, I'm excited to see what's going on with the votes.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
At least Rayman had a video.. a very credible video :c.

2 months for the end of the ballot, I'm excited to see what's going on with the votes.
Yeah, a credible video of him being unlocked, him in the character select screen, and none of him in action, now that lack of the last part was a telling sign of it being fake.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Of all the characters Sakurai decides to put in the dark, he chooses Rayman and King K. Rool.
Why does Sakurai hate me?:urg:
I don't think that making a King K. Rool costume is to put him in the dark, I think that the costume was planned a long time ago and doesn't mean anything (related with the character inclusion and ballot), and about Rayman, at least he's a trophy (For now :estatic:). About the costumes,I think that they don't mean anything, just that they make costumes for the Miis.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The Test tournament is now open! It starts at 7:00 EST.
When the tournament ends, give me feedback on what rules to change. This one's open to the public, but the next one may have a password.
Smash Ball is the only item (and it's set on low), 3 stocks, 10 minutes, Miis and customs are allowed, and you can choose any stage.

Here is the ID: 22466994267504

Have fun!

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Of all the characters Sakurai decides to put in the dark, he chooses Rayman and King K. Rool.
Why does Sakurai hate me?:urg:
Well, the only thing I see that's in the dark is the Rayman trophy and that Sakurai still hasn't given a proper explanation about it yet.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Have a great vacation, man.

Also sad to hear the Dr. Mario stage was fake. That would've been cool to see.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I know this is kinda random, but I've never fully said how I felt about the whole Rayman leak back in February, so I might as well say it.

When I saw it, I was extremely excited of course, and I pretty much spent the rest of the day looking for more info on it to see how legitimate it was. By the end of the day, I was pretty much 90% convinced it was real, and I went to be crossing my fingers, hoping it was real.

Then I woke up in the morning, and... well, you know the rest. While I'm a normally calm guy, I was actually really, REALLY upset about it. It got my hopes up for nothing, and I couldn't comprehend why someone would go through that much trouble just to make a fake leak. I eventually calmed down though, and was glad to hear Artsy Omni was at least a nice guy.

And well, now I'm here, supporting Rayman to actually make this a reality alongside all of you in the Glade of Dreams.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I know this is kinda random, but I've never fully said how I felt about the whole Rayman leak back in February, so I might as well say it.

When I saw it, I was extremely excited of course, and I pretty much spent the rest of the day looking for more info on it to see how legitimate it was. By the end of the day, I was pretty much 90% convinced it was real, and I went to be crossing my fingers, hoping it was real.

Then I woke up in the morning, and... well, you know the rest. While I'm a normally calm guy, I was actually really, REALLY upset about it. It got my hopes up for nothing, and I couldn't comprehend why someone would go through that much trouble just to make a fake leak. I eventually calmed down though, and was glad to hear Omni was at least a nice guy.

And well, now I'm here, supporting Rayman to actually make this a reality alongside all of you in the Glade of Dreams.
Well, I can understand how you must have felt. But I'm glad you didn't let it get to you for a longer time, and you're now here continuing your support for the group and all, so that's good. :)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Indeed. It's an honor to be here alongside all of you supporting Rayman.
And really, I'm glad you didn't let it get to you in the long term. I understand how heartbreaking that was to deal with when it was found fake, but since I learned from Ridley how to not let it get to you when things didn't work out in the end, I'm glad you learned to continue on afterwards.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
The Test tournament is now open! It starts at 7:00 EST.
When the tournament ends, give me feedback on what rules to change. This one's open to the public, but the next one may have a password.
Smash Ball is the only item (and it's set on low), 3 stocks, 10 minutes, Miis and customs are allowed, and you can choose any stage.

Here is the ID: 22466994267504

Have fun!
Pardon me, but is the tournament still going on?

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
And really, I'm glad you didn't let it get to you in the long term. I understand how heartbreaking that was to deal with when it was found fake, but since I learned from Ridley how to not let it get to you when things didn't work out in the end, I'm glad you learned to continue on afterwards.
I'm a former Ridley supporter, so I know how that feels. After he was effectively disconfirmed twice (Full roster being revealed on September and 50-Fact Extravaganza), I eventually decided to not be upset and just let Ridley go. He had a good run, but it's clear he won't be playable by this point. I'll of course welcome him with open arms if he does make it in, though.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm a former Ridley supporter, so I know how that feels. After he was effectively disconfirmed twice (Full roster being revealed on September and 50-Fact Extravaganza), I eventually decided to not be upset and just let Ridley go. He had a good run, but it's clear he won't be playable by this point. I'll of course welcome him with open arms if he does make it in, though.
Same. After all that happened, I learned it isn't for the better to feel so upset over a video game character like that, as much as I understand how the fanbase was treated and get how hard it was for them. But well, if he get's his chance someway, then that's good for him and the fans.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Same. After all that happened, I learned it isn't for the better to feel so upset over a video game character like that, as much as I understand how the fanbase was treated and get how hard it was for them. But well, if he get's his chance someway, then that's good for him and the fans.
Yeah, and besides, even if one of your requested characters didn't make it in, your other ones still have a chance and thankfully plenty of mine made it in.

I hoped for Roy and Mewtwo ever since they were cut in Brawl, and I also wanted Lucas back. The only veteran I want back that's left is Wolf, and it's looking very likely if you ask me.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

o-o Wait...you were? and you did the exact same as I did! xD wow.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
So to throw it out there, I just beat Rayman Legends. I didn't actually get to play it until this month. I really liked it, even more than Origins. It fixed a lot of problems I had with the previous game, and it was just a great experience overall. It was actually right after I got the game that I decided to look up if there was any Rayman for Smash thread around Smashboards, and I managed to find it here.

AndreaAC

I encountered this yet again:
GRHE41-38.png
SSam.jpg

And I have always seen it this way.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I just made this on Miiverse.

It's so late.
I don't really go to Miiverse anymore because I'm sure you know why, but you can find hidden gems like this every now and then. You did really good on this.

Anyway, just so we can speculate some more, I have a new theory. They just recently released a fighter bundle with Roy, Mewtwo, Lucas, and Ryu called Fighter Bundle #1. Does this mean there could potentially be 4 more characters or potentially even more than that?

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I don't really go to Miiverse anymore because I'm sure you know why, but you can find hidden gems like this every now and then. You did really good on this.

Anyway, just so we can speculate some more, I have a new theory. They just recently released a fighter bundle with Roy, Mewtwo, Lucas, and Ryu called Fighter Bundle #1. Does this mean there could potentially be 4 more characters or potentially even more than that?
Well, imo, I don't think we really, logically, could get more then around 8-10 DLC characters, in my opinion, about 5 pre ballot, with 3-5 top post ballot choices, but I think a 2nd bundle was suggested to be a thing, at least in planning from some translated stuff I heard somewhere around this site.

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I am thinkIng four more seems to be the bare minimum. Perhaps a few more but 4 seems like a nice number anyway.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Well, imo, I don't think we really, logically, could get more then around 8-10 DLC characters, in my opinion, about 5 pre ballot, with 3-5 top post ballot choices, but I think a 2nd bundle was suggested to be a thing, at least in planning from some translated stuff I heard somewhere around this site.
I am thinkIng four more seems to be the bare minimum. Perhaps a few more but 4 seems like a nice number anyway.
Yeah, perhaps it's just my wishful thinking, but it would be awesome to see. We're not really sure how many ballot characters there will be, so who knows the potential?

Top Bottom