• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ray(Mario) Tournament

xAer

Smash Cadet

Leech

Smash Journeyman
They were okay matches.. whoever taped them can't hold a camera though.

xAer

Smash Cadet
hey boss, u doing great in Brawl, Gj. you quit Melee?
we been watching your vids, u both are pretty good.
we are doing everything we can to get the smashers of our country, out to the United States, and Viceversa.

Also

There is a Melee tournament this Month, ill try and record all Ray's matches.
although he has been playing Brawl lately, ill take those crappy matches.

ill be giving you guys youtube links of "Ray" playing Brawl soon enough.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
i can take him.....Nice matches BTW yea that marth is bad and so is da fox.

Well, not to be rude but you shouldn't really say "X player sucks." (Thats just like noobs who say: "That dude ain't that great, his opponents suck" in a match like:, lets say the KoreanDJ vs M2K replay). Those are just 2 games you are watching, and trust me, that fox does not suck.

And also, I am pretty sure Ray can beat you at Melee or Brawl. I've seen him play, I've played him, I've seen you play, and there are things I've seen Ray do, that you don't do, I know that sounds too generic, and I don't really mean combos or anything of that sort, its the style of play.

You should come to DR and try Ray out, you might (will) get a suprise.

boss8

Smash Hero
Well, not to be rude but you shouldn't really say "X player sucks."

And also, I am pretty sure Ray can beat you at Melee or Brawl. I've seen him play, I've played him, I've seen you play, and there are things I've seen Ray do, that you don't do, I know that sounds too generic, and I don't really mean combos or anything of that sort, its the style of play. Those are just 2 games you are watching and that fox does not suck.

You should come to DR and try Ray out, you might (will) get a suprise.
sry dude i knoe i can take ray (no disrespect) to ray.........but yea nost of the people down there are not consistent but yea i never talked down to anyone im just saying i can handle them....with no prob...come to da eastcoast.......you wont be able to touch the players down here cause everyone is so freakin good....im not underestamating anyone im just sayin u guys have no chance:laugh::laugh:

as for ray.....nice games man i need to play you in melee......and brawl if that i will tell you my friend code whenever i get the time my aim is in my private profile u should check it out.......

PS:compared to the marths i faced and the foxes i've barley gone through i would say X player has no chance against me.....ask around...:chuckle:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Wow, you're really fast at replying. 0.o'

Well since I am also going to talk about Brawl, I guess I'll pm you, as the people next to me are saying I can get banned for posting Brawl things in the Melee boards.

Well as a last post here in the thread (this paragraph is all about melee). I am going to say that you think too much of yourself. I mean I've seen east coast play and I can tell you I, myself, can't beat any of the pros over there, I admit it. But as of Ray, I am sure that he can beat you, I don't think we have any way of proving it for now, but I'll pm you with a few things from Brawl, which I feel more confident about (I as in me, Raykz, not the DR community).

Edit: Your PM box is full, PM me when you have space

boss8

Smash Hero
Wow, you're really fast at replying. 0.o'

Well since I am also going to talk about Brawl, I guess I'll pm you, as the people next to me are saying I can get banned for posting Brawl things in the Melee boards.

Well as a last post here in the thread (this paragraph is all about melee). I am going to say that you think too much of yourself. I mean I've seen east coast play and I can tell you I, myself, can't beat any of the pros over there, I admit it. But as of Ray, I am sure that he can beat you, I don't think we have any way of proving it for now, but I'll pm you with a few things from Brawl, which I feel more confident about (I as in me, Raykz, not the DR community).

Edit: Your PM box is full, PM me when you have space
dude im not disrespecting anyone i just think i can beat anyone down there in DR......

im not cocky im confident......but yea no disrespect to ray im amazed that dude is reppin mario...

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
dude im not disrespecting anyone i just think i can beat anyone down there in DR..
Thinking doesn't make it true. But you are allowed to think whatever you want. I, on the other hand, think Ray can beat you.

im not cocky im confident
Well you aren't exactly saying you are the best, but you are saying we are worse than you, and you have never actually played any of us, you've barely only watched 2 videos, you shouldn't make assumptions from only that.

Anyways, I know you mean no disrespect, and I don't mean any disrespect either. There is no way we can prove the other wrong (Unless one of us travels to the others country any time soon), but I guess we can still talk about some things which I am uncertain about, thats why I want to do that through pms.

xAer

Smash Cadet
but yea boss, actually the thing is everyone knows how easy it is to say "i woulda done that instead of that" when you watch a video, but it is way different when you are the one playing, the circunstances makes you to take differents decisions in a match, even wrong decisions depending the pressure.
So i believe nowadays we call it "MindGames". We really want you to play him, we will make that happen ;)

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
gtfo son.. not only is Boss the best mario in the whole of the US, you live in the DR and therefore have no grounds to say ****. Come to the EC, and better yet... come to Md/Va where we're from.. and you'll see that players like Boss and Chozen can look at a video, and analyze mindgames... a skill which a player like you will never attain.

/end

xAer

Smash Cadet
gtfo son.. not only is Boss the best mario in the whole of the US, you live in the DR and therefore have no grounds to say ****. Come to the EC, and better yet... come to Md/Va where we're from.. and you'll see that players like Boss and Chozen can look at a video, and analyze mindgames... a skill which a player like you will never attain.

/end
man, stop licking *** , first of all, Boss is a very serious Mario, but also one of the short amount of people using Mario as their main character and with thousands of videos. You can even go inside the Character Specific section (Mario) there's a topic called "R.I.P Mario melee thread" by boss.
So not only in DR, i mean all around the world there are incredible skilled players that no of us are aware of.
Don't talk like you've played everyone in the world and there's no one out there to impress you, because if u think like that you are thinking not like a guy who appreciate competition and it's logic. Even today after what? 7 years? someone could start playing melee and learn by watching all those tutorials out there and **** you up ingame.

Second, dude i bet you are one of the people were always 100 steps behind Boss.
ChozenOne? Did you ever win something?
Dude first take your Chuck Norris avatar out of SWF and talking in a offensive way, and ill pay attention to you, no one is saying you guys suck. Heck, i learned from lots of you guys.

Of those Marios out there, only Ray, Eggz and Boss impress me. We will find a way to prove which on is better.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Wow.. you must be very easily impressed then 0_o

Boss is actually my teammate, and has been SINCE the early days of melee. And 100 steps behind boss.. son... i was coaching my mario brother how to play this game when you were still learning to L-cancel.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

/end

Hello racism (BTW isn't that bannable in this forums?). Just a simple question, on what grounds are you feeding your huge ego? On that you think you are better JUST because you live (therefore are on a competitive community) on another country, *sigh*.

I won't even degrade myself and go down to your level as to talk about something with someone like you.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
There is a difference between racism and fact.. areas like Japan, Ca, NY, and DC are naturally the best at competitive gaming b/c they have a larger amount of skilled players.. and players that can travel.

Would i be racist still if i said the same thing about someone that lived in the southern part of the US, or perhaps the Midwest...

No johns.

xAer

Smash Cadet
Wow.. you must be very easily impressed then 0_o

Boss is actually my teammate, and has been SINCE the early days of melee. And 100 steps behind boss.. son... i was coaching my mario brother how to play this game when you were still learning to L-cancel.
haha wtf... he first starts saying that "not only is Boss the best mario in the whole of the US"
and when i say the only Marios players that impress me are Eggz, Ray and Boss he says "Wow.. you must be very easily impressed then 0_o"

i don't care you saying that u were God's coach when i was still learning to connect my controller. What i do care u telling me is, what have u accomplished playing this game? Beign recognized? i've never heard of you as someone who actually did something in the smash community. Heck, even Simna (Ness) even that he didn't win any BIG tournaments , he actually did something for the Smashers. "The Global Smasher Compendium" he did that, and I'm pretty sure he would never be so rude like you are. So tell me, you came here out of nowhere in a very rude way if you are so good, what have u accomplished?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
dont be alarmed....i wanna play ray :( i wish i had a way to DR :(
Maybe Ray will go to the US soon, although I don't see that happening :p. Its maybe more probable that I go to the US soon, maybe if I go to SoCal, we should get together and play.

xAer

Smash Cadet
you're a cool guy Boss, even i want to play you. ;)

yea, GamingSpot Company is also discussing about sponsoring good players and take them out there so they can leave their names in the Smash Community in a positive way. And also getting some of those good players from outside to play in a tournament in our country. Although that might sound hard to do , we already are planning this with all our efforts.

one question Boss, you still play Melee? i know you still have the skills, but you do play your couple games in the week, right?

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
DR is amazing and clearly the rest of the world>>>>USA

We do not have the depth, or volume of outstanding skilled players that the rest of the world clearl... oh wait......

that's everyone else >_>

xAer

Smash Cadet
sarcastic cute guy ;). anyways, i am pretty sure that you can only get 25 people or less from DR to play you guys level in Melee, but in Brawl since it's another game and we all started at the same time, might be different. Compared to USA, DR has the 10% of the Smashers USA has.

But don't misunderstand, USA OWNZ, just that im confident about some players from DR, and i know thats not enough for anyone who is in this Forum, thats why we are trying everything in our power to get you guys together and compete. ;)

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
sarcastic cute guy ;). anyways, i am pretty sure that you can only get 25 people or less from DR to play you guys level in Melee, but in Brawl since it's another game and we all started at the same time, might be different. Compared to USA, DR has the 10% of the Smashers USA has.

But don't misunderstand, USA OWNZ, just that im confident about some players from DR, and i know thats not enough for anyone who is in this Forum, thats why we are trying everything in our power to get you guys together and compete. ;)
I'd suggest not wasting your time with Ch0zen.

Boss, you're a cool guy, I like you, hope to hear more from you later on.

Eggz

Smash Hero
people are talking about my brawl mario? lol man my old vids are horrible.

i went mario in tournament last weekend and my marios probably the illest thing i've seen (note that i dont watch videos) that isnt my metaknight in brawl.

>_>>>>__>

boss/help/fear for best brawl marios

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Waste your time with me /sadpanda..

xAer is an intelligent poster and therefore has earned posting rights in Chozen's book.. however cocky the DR may be ;p

<3 Mario and <3 Boss

Top Bottom