• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Before you start reading my rating, please take a listen to these two songs:
Now in English!

Jibanyan Chance:

25%

Jibanyan is a Fire-Attribute Yo-kai of the Charming tribe who is the icon of a extremely popular franchise in Japan. (From the creators of Professor Layton)

Yo-kai are supernatural spirits who roam around the town haunting and causing mischief to people, ranging from Yo-kai that can make a person suddenly want to pee to one that can force you buy unnecessary things when you're out shopping. The premise itself is different from Pokemon as the player's goal revolves around searching the town of Springdale with the use
of a special device called the Yo-kai Watch to search, battle, and befriend Yo-kai to stop their bad deeds.

The gameplay of Yo-kai Watch is vastly different from Pokemon too. The only elements they share is that they involve a large amount of creatures to collect. After that, that is where the similarities between the two end. Unlike the usual RPG turn-based battle system, Yo-Kai Watch's battles takes place in real-time. Your party auto-fights opponents, and as they do, you use their special abilities to aid you in battle.

Since the first game's debut, Yo-kai Watch has become a massive phenomenon in Japan with exploding with manga, anime, spinoffs, mobile games, and merchandise across every street of Japan, selling in at over 7 million copies of the franchise's games total.
(Combining Yo-kai Watch Busters' sales, it goes up to over 8 billion)
(Another fact: The second YW game outsold Pokemon Omega Ruby/Sapphire in sales).

I'll be listing EVERYTHING that made Yokai Watch extremely popular in Japan:

Japanese promotional poster for the anime. Currently claimed as one of the top 10 children anime of Japan.

The Yokai Watch movie promotional poster. The movie made $55 million (¥6.5 billion in yen) since its hit debut, also making the biggest grossing opening of any Japanese movie since 2000.

Merchandise of this franchise in Japan has been selling like hotcakes, as The toys Namco Bandai has been making for Yokai Watch have been selling over 10 billion yen ($93 billion in U.S.) to show its staggering success. Many Japanese stores has Yo-kai Watch merchandise ready to buy! The medals are also compatible with the arcade machines YW has, which is also extremely popular with kids.

It doesn't end there... there's still more Yo-kai Watch to come, this spawned more than just the ones I listed!

An upcoming attraction for Universal Studios Japan, YW has gotten so popular to warrant its own attraction.

It's already has its name ingrained in restaurants, stores, trains, and even a Japanese singing group.
mogmog burgers, YW's parody of Mcdonalds, this Mcdonalds recently just transformed into its parody counterpart.

NyaKB, YW's parody of the popular AKB48 band, whom AKB48 actually partnered with Level-5 with to do concerts for them.

One of the many trains you can find in Japan now.

Cars for the iconic Komasan and Komajiro characters of YW. Expanding from merchandise to cars is crazy!?!?!?!?!

Yo-kai Watch advertisement in a Japanese theme park.

The first official YW store called "Yorozumart" coming in Tokyo this October. Shows how much the franchise has gained.

I also have to mention the music
especially!

This very music video spawned a large collection of catchy songs that reigned over Japan as one of the top songs in Japan, with over 100,000,000+ views total. Various parodies were made for the song as well.

Ranging from the very catchy Gera Gera Po (Yo-kai Watch's anime opening song):

to the Dan Dan Zombie Zubah:

to the "Idol wa Ooh-Nya-Nya no Ken"

to the catchy Uchu Dance:

These music reigned so high, that a Just Dance version was created to show its high popularity:
The songs expanded into concerts and live shows in most of the Asian countries like Taiwan and Singapore:
Watched by thousands of people when a concert comes.

People worldwide and in Japan as a whole already know the songs and dances:

This as a whole represents Youkai Watch's popularity as a franchise. With YW having so many accomplishments done with its raging success in the east and high amount of requests in Japan, he's already an immediate candidate for the ballot.

The only issues Jibanyan has to deal with is his Japan status as it may really hurt his chances in the long run, potential competition with Layton, and the fact his franchise may also be considered too new to Sakurai since it's only been two years since the franchise started. Right now, the situation could change after the game releases in America and Europe. It's already get a ****load of advertisement right now with the anime (which recently aired in Disney XD), manga (recently released in stores now), and large amount of promotion Nintendo is aiding with:

According to the English Writer for the Yo-kai Watch anime, promotion for the game will hit like a tidal wave:

Given with booming Pokemon-like success with Yokai Watch in Japan, Sakurai may give Jibanyan a shot at being playable even the game hasn't been localized yet to make up for the fact his franchise is too new and Japan only for now with its large promotion coming in the West and Europe.

Summing things up, these are the reasons why I consider Jibanyan's chances better than some people think.

Jibanyan Want:
100%
I'll be honest, when I first collaborated with @PoopFeast420 and @BandannaWaddleDee , I didn't think I would like the franchise at all.

Then I watched the anime, and kept watching it as the show kept amusing me and kept me laughing with Keita's slice of life with various different Yo-kai. (You should watch it for yourself, there's a load of meme worthy material in it) Sooner or later, I began to hum the songs Japan was raving about and did a lot of research of how popular Yo-kai Watch is in Japan, and holy **** there was a lot to know, it's amazing to see what Yo-kai Watch has accomplished in the span of 2 years.

I'm incredibly hyped for this game, and my avatars of Katie/Fumi show immediate proof of that. I already got imported YW merchandise staying next to my desk in my room and took the liberty to buy Disney XD, solely for the Yo-kai Watch english dub (and Gravity Falls).

If Jibanyan got inya~, I'd scream "MONGEE!" and be really damn hyped for his WON-DA-FUL! inclusionya~, so hyped that it would make Jinmenken piss in a pole somewhere that would make him go to jail yet again.

In my top 3 in character wants now.

If you're interested, feel free to take a look at the support thread if you're interested in learning more about the franchise.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Style Savvy's chances: 0.5%

Could be considered for a future game as an oddball choice, but for DLC I don't think a choice like this has a shot.

Want: 0%

I've never liked this idea.

Fountain of Dreams: 50%

This certainly changed! With the main arguments against it gone, the popularity of this stage makes it one of the most likely Melee stages in my eyes. And I think we'll get one eventually.

However, I personally still find it to be a really bland stage that's also my least favorite Kirby stage and I'd much rather see other stages return.

Jibanyan prediction: 9.51%
Klefki prediction: 0.14%

Nominations: Riki x5

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Style Savvy
Double Zeroes

Fountain of Dreams
Chance: 10%
Want: 50%

Nominations: SSB5 is console exclusive x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
STYLE SAVVY
CHANCE: 2.89%
WANT: 18.96%

FOUNTAIN OF DREAMS
CHANCE: 33.89%
WANT: 63.47%
Next up we're rating Japanese Micky Mouse and the only Pokemon that you are encouraged to shake in front of a two year old. Also please predict what score Klonoa and Barbara the Bat will get tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Jibanyan

Abstain

Klefki

Double Zeroes

Predictions:

Klanoa - 1.3%

Barbara - 2%

Nominations: Soul Calibur Mii Costumes x5

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
...I'm genuinely curious as to why we're rating such random characters lately.

Like, is anyone really interested in the perceived chances and general popularity of Klefki? :ohwell:

Klefki Chance and Want: 0%

Jibanyan Chance: 1%

Quite a fascinating character, really. Clearly an absolute phenomenon in Japan, but virtually unheard of in the West. A reverse Shovel Knight, I suppose. Ultimately though, despite the success of his series so far, I feel like his general obscurity and Third Party status really kill off his chances. His support is limited to only specific parts of the world, and as far as Third Party candidates go, he just lacks the legacy that is usually expected of such characters.

Jibanyan Want: 5%

I guess he's cute, but I'm not terribly interested in his series or him as a character.

I took the liberty to buy Disney XD, solely for the Yo-kai Watch english dub (and Gravity Falls).
Totally irrelevant, but I 100% support this. :awesome:

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Jibanyan

Chance - 0.25% - Okay, may have been harsh on him originally, but he still has a minuscule chance overall. I'm fairly skeptical of any third party company not already a part of the game, so that's that.

Want - 50% - Meh. Alright, I guess, but there are many other characters I want more.

Klefki

Chance - 0% - And why?

Want - 0% - Can we at least have an important Pokemon?

Predictions

Klanoa - 0.12% - Woo, another third party.

Barbra - 0.35% - *Sigh* We're running out of things to rate, aren't we?

Nominations

Namco Develops SSB5 X5

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Jibanyan
Yo-kai Watch is a popular series in Japan, with its anime just getting an English dub and its first game about to get a western release in November. However, as of now, Yo-kai Watch and Jibanyan are relatively unknown and it is owned by Level 5, which is a Third-Party.

Want: 90%
I watched the anime and some Yo-Kai Watch gameplay and think Jibanyan could be cute and quirky.

Klefki
Chance: 0%
While I would love Gen 6 to have a Fairy rep to represent the new type, Klefki just isn't as iconic or significant as other Pokemon, like Diancie or Sylveon.

Want: 25%
When X and Y first came out, Klefki was one of my favorite Pokemon. I still love it but I'm opting for Sylveon to represent Fairies and/or for Pichu, Squirtle, and/or Bulbasaur to return.

Prediction:
Klonoa: 25%
Barbara the Bat: 45%

Nomination:
Want: Poke-Float x5

Jibanyan
Chance: 25% - He hasn't been in the collective gamers' conscience for long, so that may be the utmost mark against him. Still, the impression a character makes is more important than how long they've been around. I think people would buy Jibanyan DLC even if they weren't totally familiar with the character, because he's so likable just from his appearance.

Want: 25% - I'd enjoy his presence, but he's not a character I'm dying to play as in Smash.

Klefki
double zeroes
- Don't get me wrong, I admire this Pokémon; I just don't think it has much to contribute to Smash other than coming out of a Poké Ball or being a Smash Run baddie, neither role likely to be added via DLC.

Nominate: Pikachu Libre representation ×5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Quad 0

Personally, I don't think any third party character this new stands a chance, no matter how big they are in one country. And its popularity I think will stay in that country due to how much japanese culture is focused. In other words, it looks way to japanesey(?) to become the same massive hit in the west. It could still do well ut I don't think it will come close to what Pokemon was.

I also don't particularly want a third party character that new either. Third parties should be saved those big legends of the industry, like the ones we have at the moment.

And do I even need to give a reason for Klefki?

Predictions
Barbara 3.2%
Klonoa 6%

Nominate Majora's Mask stage x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Jibanyan:

Chance and Want:ABSTAINED

Klefki:

Chance and Want:0%

Predictions:

Klonoa: 3.35%

Barbara:0.67%

Nominations:

Lloyd Irving x5

Rerate: 7+ DLC characters x5

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Jibanyan

Klefki

Predictions: Klonoa 2%

Predictions: Barbara 0.2%

Nominations: Mr. Stevenson X5.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Jibanyan chances: 3.1%
Copy and paste from my first rating:
Remember what I said in Rayman's day about him being unlikely because of his lack of popularity in Japan compared to the western audience? Well, Jibanyan is like the reverse of this, except that we have precedent about Smash helping a Japan-exclusive series becoming well liked overseas (Fire Emblem). Yōkai Watch is a craze and cultural phenomenon in Japan, with Jibanyan supposedly rivaling with Pikachu as far as mainstream popularity goes. Not to mention we also have a precedent of a third-party newcomer added through DLC for his merits related to his iconicness despite the initial demand from the Smash audience being nothing special (Ryu if the sound files mean anything).
That said, Jibanyan I think has some non-negligible things going against him. Whereas Nintendo partially owns Pokémon, Yōkai Watch is fully third-party due to being owned by a company Nintendo doesn't own in any way (Level-5) though they admittedly have a good relationship. Getting into Smash Bros. is never an easy thing for any character owned by neither Nintendo or one of their subsidiaries, and can Yōkai Watch's popularity justify Jibanyan's inclusion in Smash? The games for what I believe have not been imported overseas, though Nintendo is planning to do it by publishing the games by themselves similar to how they published the Professor Layton series. Being third-party or not established outside of Japan aren't a deal breaker as proven by characters like Marth and Sonic, but when combined I believe they're multiplying, not adding, their negative effect on Jibanyan's chances. Third-party characters always had been huge deals in Smash Bros. with mainstream appeal, standing-out historical importance and "WOH!" factor, and while Jibanyan may have these in Japan, he absolutely lacks them overseas, as the overall reaction of western fans will mostly be like "Who?" which is the exact contrary of what you want for putting a third-party character in SSB.
Overall I don't see Jibanyan as a likely contender due to lacking the worldwide mainstream appeal which means his inclusion would kind of go against Sakurai's philosophy about third-party characters getting into Smash Bros. The Yōkai Watch games had not been released overseas yet and while it may change in the future, it getting a playable character in Smash Bros. as a way to secure its popularity instead of rewarding the series for what it did for Nintendo is something unprecedented in the history of Super Smash Bros. and something most likely going against Sakurai's current philosophy about third-party characters getting in. But if it's that much of a big deal in Japan at the point it's worth rewarding it by adding Jibanyan as a playable character in Smash Bros. I could see it happening, especially considering Nintendo's excellent relationship with Level-5.
Well, now we have the international release officially announced, but we already knew it was going to be a thing back then anyway. That said, I'm sticking with my old rating for now. Most of what I said in this rating still applies.
One other thing I'm wondering about is whether The Pokémon Company will be okay to crossover with the new big monster collection franchise which is stealing their spotlight right now :awesome:

Jibanyan want: 0%
No thanks. Not only I'm getting tired of the idea of getting more third-parties, but I don't want a relatively young character who only had been influent in one area, regardless of how much influence he had over there. Let him develop his fame and be sure he stands the test of time worldwide before shoehorning him in Smash, please.

-----

Random joke Pokémon of the day:
Chances and want:

-----

Klonoa prediction: 1.23%
Relatively obscure I guess.

Barbara prediction: 3.51%
Same as above, but is a Nintendo character at least. Also being a removed Assist Trophy will maybe boost some ratings.

Nominating:
Concept: ballot runner-ups as SMM costumes x1
Concept: non-playable only representation for indie character x4

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Jibanyan
Chance:
1%

Only for the fact that he is moderately requested in Japan and Yokai Watch is a phenomena over there. However, we don't know if the series will take off here. Third parties need to have some sort of legacy to justify their inclusion in Smash, characters that are timeless. We don't know if Jibanyan will be that or he will be a part of a fad that will die out in the future. Not to mention that he has to compete with Professor Layton, who does have a legacy (granted, he's not heavily requested).
I guess his design is a bit interesting, but I am not invested.

Klefki
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

One Pokemon out of many and it's not highly requested.
I'm not very interested to be honest (I won't deny the hilarity factor, however).

Klonoa Prediction: 5.55%
Pretty obscure all things considered.
Barbara Prediction: 1.33%
The hatebase will be strong here.

Nominations: Goku 5x

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
Jibanyan chance 15%: It's not as likely as the ballot runner-ups, but it's not a farfetched wish either. It's requested in Japan and could be used as a west promotion of the phenomena (Nintendo is publishing it too).
Jibanyan want: 95% only because he is not my favourite yo-kai, but it's the only one who has the slightest chance.

Klefki chance and want: Double zeroes. Thinking about Fairy Type Pokemon made me realise that Mawile could be interesting, making many of its moves much stronger while facing backwards than forwards, thanks to his giant jaw-thingy. And it has mega-evolution too.

Klonoa prediction: 3,68%
Barbara prediction: 1,79%

Nominate: Mawile x5

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Jibanyan

Want: 70%

- Yo-kai Watch is pretty big in Japan and with the anime and game now coming worldwide, there will be more demand for Yo-Kai Watch stuff. Maybe even appearing as a Smash fighter...?

Klefki

Want: 1%

- Interesting concept, I'd say.

Predictions

Klonoa: 4.7%
Barbara: 1.2%

Nominations

Rerate: Lana (Hyrule Warriors) x5

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Jibaynan

Chance: 1%

Reverse Shovel Knight. And one that's quite frankly unappealing to me as a character.

...I'm genuinely curious as to why we're rating such random characters lately.

Like, is anyone really interested in the perceived chances and general popularity of Klefki? :ohwell:
We've kind of scraped the bottom of the barrel at this point. Every noteworthy character out of the way, and the only way to keep the game going is rating irrelevant stuff, sadly.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Jibanyan:
Chance: 25%
It has a decent chance, honestly. It's basically a brand new Pikachu, from a game that's insanely popular in Japan, and despite being 3rd party, it's exclusive to the 3DS. Nintendo has every reason to hop aboard the Yokai train.
I have no interest in the game or the anime.

Klefki:

Chance: 0.1%
It's owned by Nintendo. That's, literally, the only thing it has going for it.

Want: 1%
...I mean, it be kinda funny, I guess? But no. No thank you.

Federation Force Soldier 5x

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Jibanyan Chance: 5%
Regardless of its popularity in Japan, it has yet to leave a true legacy. It also third party status, has to compete with Layton, and still is virtually unheard of outside of Japan. The only way I see it getting in is if Nintendo and Level 5 strike some sort of deal involving Jibanyan in Smash for promotion and that's it.

A third party that's not Black Mage or Snake? No thanks.

Klefki Chance: 0%
No comment.

No comment.

Squirtle X5

:007:

Laniv

Smash Lord
Jibanyan, Pikachu's Sonic:

Chance: 31%

Want: 89%
Yes, I got really into Yo-kai Watch since the last time we rated him.

Klefki, the Keyblade:

Chance: 0.2%

Want: 0.1%

Predictions for Klonoa: 16% Chance, 46% Want
Predictions for Barbara: 4% Chance, 17% Want

Nominate DK Jr. x 5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Jibanyan

Chance: 5%
Japan's Shovel Knight - unknown in other regions (but has a release date), but is the talk of the town there.
Still, I dunno if I'd like a Pokémon knock-off in Smash. Especially when there are still great first parties to add.
Only reason it gets higher than a 1 is because they tend to favor the Japanese fanbase.
Klefki: 0/0
New rule: if the character does not have the basic bodyshape of a fighter (and we've had two quadropeds by this point as well), they shouldn't be rated. This is a troll option.
Predictions: 1.2% for both

Nom: SSB5 console only x5

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
New rule: if the character does not have the basic bodyshape of a fighter (and we've had two quadropeds by this point as well), they shouldn't be rated. This is a troll option.
Please don't ever enact this rule. Some of us like unique/interesting/WTF characters, apparently including Sakurai. >w>

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Please don't ever enact this rule. Some of us like unique/interesting/WTF characters, apparently including Sakurai. >w>
It's just a joke. There are just about 300+ Pokémon I'd rather have in who are just as generic, and at least those can walk and hold items.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
It's just a joke. There are just about 300+ Pokémon I'd rather have in who are just as generic, and at least those can walk and hold items.
But every Pokemon can hold items, they added that in gen 2. >w>
Plus, Klefki can float, just like Mewtwo and Palutena and it does actually have arms:

The idea that a character has to fit a certain body-shape is kind of silly. :B

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Jibanyan
Chances: 18% Jibanyan certainly is a big name in Japan, however, he isn't a international icon right now, unlike Sonic, Pac-Man, Snake and Mega/Rock Man. While Jibanyan will be going international, we don't know how big of a hit he will be, and I kind of doubt that he'd ever get anywhere close to as big he is in Japan in the west.
Want: 10% I don't want Jibanyan, but I'd tolerate his inclusion. I'll rate everything I'll merely tolerate a ten from now on.

Klefki:
Chances: 0%
Want: 0% Klefki's quite possibly the world's most annoying Pokemon. On one hand I love Klefki, on the other hand I hate it for being the most obnoxious support pokemon in competitive play. I also don't think Klefki is deserving, so even if I wanted it, I can't tolerate it being on the smash roster.

Predictions: Barbara 5%
Klonoa 2%
Nominations: Rerate! KOS-MOS x5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Jibanyan

Chance: 9%

Nothing much has changed regarding why I don't think Jibanyan's chances are the best, so I'll quote back what I said the last time we rated him.
I feel it's best to talk about the positives side of his chances first.

Yokai Watch, Jibanyan's game, has become increasingly popular very recently in Japan; it's been gaining popularity to the point many see it as a rival game to Pokemon, and it's currently planned to have an international release as well. In order to market the game and promote its popularity further, Sakurai could choose to have Jibanyan as the Level 5 rep on the Smash roster similar to how many smash bros fans want Inkling to be a DLC fighter to market Splatoon further and highlight its popularity. Furthermore, Level 5, the company that makes Yokai Watch, is on good terms with Nintendo.

But aside from that, I don't really think Jibanyan has a chance to be a DLC fighter for Smash 4. Truth be told, he is in a similar situation like Cross and Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X are. He currently has a Japan-only release, and not too many people outside of Japan are familiar with Yokai Watch. If Yokai Watch has been released internationally about a year ago at the very least, then many gamers would be more familiar with Jibanyan to the point there would be much higher demand for his inclusion into Smash Bros.

Now, I'm aware that, back when I rated Professor Layton's chances, I previously brought up the argument that because of Jibanyan's rising popularity, one could argue that he'd be worth the inclusion into Smash Bros over Professor Layton, another Level 5 character. Personally, however, I think Professor Layton is another reason why Jibanyan's chances are slim. Compared to Jibanyan, Professor Layton is a far more requested for Smash Bros, and he's been in that position for several years now. After all, his games have been out for seven years now (eight years in Japan), not to mention that his series has made international releases within that period of time so that many gamers are very familiar with him to the point a good portion support his inclusion into Smash Bros.

True Layton and Jibanyan are both third party characters (which is what hurts their chances for Smash Bros DLC), but if Sakurai were to pick a Level 5 rep, he'd be more likely to pick Professor Layton because of his recognition in the international audience, his franchise being around for more years than Yokai Watch's, and finally, b/c he has more demand for Smash Bros than Jibanyan.
Sure there is a large amount of advertising right now for Yokai Watch's international release, but an international release for the game has been known for a while, not to mention he still remains a largely obscure character outside of Japan at this very moment, evident with the fact that ballot support for him is especially lacking outside of Japan. Perhaps if Jibanyan had a stronger legacy and stronger ballot support, he would have a better chance, but I've been more skeptic about his inclusion through DLC lately.

Want: 4%

Quoting what I said last time since that too has remained unchanged for the most part.
The thing is, the Level 5 rep I want to see join the Smash Bros roster as DLC is Professor Layton, and he just so happens to be my most wanted DLC fighter. My third most wanted most wanted DLC fighter, Jean Descole (Professor Layton's arch-nemesis), comes from the same franchise as my most wanted character for Smash 4. Put those two facts together and combine that with the fact I don't really know a lot about Yokai Watch and you'll see my desire for Jibanyan's inclusion is very low. I will admit Yokai Watch has a certain charm to it, and if I do end up getting the chance to play it, I think my desire for Jibanyan's inclusion will increase. In that case, however, I could see him being more suited as a Smash 5 rep than a Smash 4 rep.

Long story short, Professor Layton first, then Jean Descole, then Jibanyan (again, my preference).
The want score dropped a bit since we are now in the post-Smash Ballot DLC phase right now where only a very small amount of characters will make the cut. That in mind, the third parties I want to see join the roster are the ones that actually have some sort of legacy going for them, not those that are too new like Shovel Knight or Jibanyan.

Klefki

Chance and Want:

Erureido: "Uh-oh... I hear music. I think I know what's coming."

*Zero suddenly arrives to deliver the verdict*​

Regarding Chance:

Klefki is just way too random of a Pokemon to join the roster. Sure it had a star role in a recent Pikachu special (along with its most prominent anime appearances being the episodes that involve the Pokemon Showcases), but it still doesn't stand out amongst the 721 Pokemon currently around. Its not even that popular amongst Pokemon fans, and its ballot support is just way too minuscule to warrant an inclusion.

Regarding Want:

I'm not a Klefki fan, and I'm sure there are more deserving Pokemon for Smash compared to it.

Predictions:

Klonoa (Klonoa): 3.23%
Barbara (Barbara the Bat): 0.10%

Nominations:

N (Pokemon): x5

Last edited:

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
What are we even rating anymore?
Jibanyan:
Chance: 8% Third-party Japan-only Pikachu. Not exactly likely.
Want: 10% Not my cup of tea.

Klefki:
Chance: 0% I don't even know what this is... Apparently, it's a random pokemon.
Want: 0% NO MORE POKEMON!

Dr. Lobe x5

Troykv

Smash Master
What are we even rating anymore?
Because we don't have anything to do expecting the next DLC Character.

Anyway...

Jibanyan:

Well... It's a character too new, but if the series still has this popularity in the Smash Bros 5 Speculation... His chances will skyrock.

Want: 50%

Meh :p

Klefki:

Chance: 0.5%

At least is a Nintendo Character? xDU

Want: Abstain

Prediction:

Klonoa: 2.32%
Barbara: 2.54%

Nominations:

Ayumi Tachibana x3
Fire Emblem DLC Stage x2

(Still saving 15 extra nominations).

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Jibanyan
Chance: 0.5%
Not a lot of history with Nintendo, and is really only well known in one region. Not exactly a good pick for a DLC character. I'll give Japan's fad cat a small score of 0.5%, which is a 0.3% drop from my first rating.
At least the franchise is getting localized soon...

Want: 0.2%
Not really interested.

Klefki
Chance: 0.2%
Abstain from explanation. I'll give the gen 6 Key Ring Pokemon a small score of 0.2%.
Not exactly what I would call the key to success...

Want: 0.4%
Abstain from explanation.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Jibanyan
Chance: 40%
Just gonna piggyback on everything BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 said
Want: 100%

Klefki
Double zeroes

Nominations:
New Wii U Earthbound stage

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Too tired to explain today...

Jibanyan's chances: 20%

Klefki: DOUBLE ZEROES

Klonoa prediction: 2.81%
Barbara prediction: 1.47%

Nominations: Riki x5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Jibanyan
Want: 100%

Honestly, it's a bit too early to judge if his chances are that great. The show JUST got bought to the West and the game still isn't out in the West despite all the advertisement it had gotten to this point. Plus, most of his ballot support only came from Japan since the media was already readily available for them.

One thing for sure is that Jibanyan is in a better situation than Agumon and a fight between him and Pika would be hype. The show is already entertaining and I do plan on getting the game so that he can be my most used Yokai. And the fact that this Fire Cat is love J-Pop idols (the average gamer's worst nightmare) is more than enough of a reason for me to want him. :awesome:

Klefki
Double Zeroes

Easily my least favorite Fairy type and 6th Gen Pokemon for good reasons. Better off not explaining why or else the Klefki fanboys would be triggered.

Klonoa prediction: 2%
Barbara prediction: 1%

Nominations:
Mahjong Piece (Yakuman) x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Jibanyan
Chance: 10% - Even if it's only in Japan so far, never since Pokemon have I seen a video game become such a massive cultural sensation. Level-5 is already doing everything they can to make sure it's just as much of a success in the West as it is back home. Yokai Watch 3 is even set to take place in the US. I consider Jibanyan to be the dark horse candidate to make it in.
Want: 100% - I've been somewhat of an admirer of Yokai lore ever since I became a fan of Nurarihyon No Mago. I'm definitely looking forward to trying out Yokai Watch when it comes here.

Klefki gets double Zeroes.

Nominations: SSB5 is console exclusive x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
JIBANYAN
CHANCE: 12.25%
WANT: 36.97%

KLEFKI
CHANCE: 0.04%
WANT: 4.90%
Klefki stole Omanyte's crown for lowest rated character owned by Nintendo and Jibanyan is now in our top 30, what an interesting day this has been. Next up we're rating Klonoa and Barbara the Bat. Also please predict what score Goku (from Yuyuki, not Dragon Ball) and N will get tomorrow.

Klonoa
Chance: 4%
Want: 11%

He's cute, and is somewhere in line for another Namco character. I just don't think it's the front of the line.

Barbara
DOUBLE ZEROES

She was a nice Assist Trophy, but I guess not nice enough to come back. I consider it a demotion rather than a good omen of things to come for her.

Predict: I'd rather not, but I'm sure Goku and N will be super low.

Nominate:
Pikachu Libre representation times five
Okay, I have just been informed that Libre was already discussed a few days ago, which I totally missed and will have to go back and read.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Barbara
Chance 1%
Want 10%
She seems interesting enough

Klonoa
Chance 1%
Want 0%
I'd rather not have more third party character

Predictions
Goku 0.4%
N? From Pokemon or Captain N? either way, 0.8%

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Barbara
Chance 1%
Want 10%
She seems interesting enough

Klonoa
Chance 1%
Want 0%
I'd rather not have more third party character

Predictions
Goku 0.4%
N? From Pokemon or Captain N? either way, 0.8%

We are going to be rating Natural Gropius Harmonia tomorrow evening.

Top Bottom