• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Neku:
Chances: 1% Very irrelevant, which is a very bad thing, and especially if your a third party.
Want: 0% I'm not interested at all.

3DS stage on Wii u: Abstain

Predictions: Zero 0%
Chibi Robo: 18%
Nominate: Clefairy x 15

Last edited:
Neku: Double Zeroes

3DS stage on Wii U
Chance: Abstain
Want: 100% (There are couple of stages in 3DS version that I'd love to see in Wii U version as well)

Zero: 0%
Chibi-Robo: 28%

Ice Climbers 5x

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Neku
Chance:
0%

I think Neku is in a similar situation as Crono. His game is a very popular RPG made by Square and is regarded as one of the best RPGs ever made, but his series is just as dormant as the Chrono franchise (though, probably less so). Neku and other characters from The World Ends With You have made cameos in Kingdom Hearts, unlike Crono and his friends. However, Neku's ballot support is a bit limited and he isn't iconic like Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Ryu are.
Ultimately, I find him to be unlikely for this game.
Want: Abstain
I should really play his game...

A 3DS Stage on the Wii U
Chance:
0%

Wouldn't this remove a bit of uniqueness for the 3DS? This is mostly done so that you can buy one of the versions just to play your favorite stage. I doubt Sakurai would do this, unless there is immense fan demand.
Want: 50%
Depends on what we are talking about, such as Magicant or Arena Ferox for example.

Chibi-Robo Prediction: 26.73%
I dunno.
Zero Prediction: 1.22%
I think that he might get above a zero.

Nominations: Goku 5x

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Neku

Chance - 0% - Nope. Not with Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy hogging the spotlight.

Want - 50% - Eh. Could be interesting, but I don't really care.

3DS stages on WiiU

Chance - 6.5% - Maybe, but it would ruin part of the reason for separating versions.

Want - 60% - A little, I guess.

I don't think I can do anything with the remaining nominations before the ballot ends, so I think I will bow out for now.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Neku

Chance: 2%
Want: 1%

3DS Stages o Wii U

Chance: 5%
Want: 10%

Predictions

Chibi-Robo: Chance: 3.1% / Want: 2.9%
Zero: Chance: 2.4% / Want: 2.6%

Nominations

Oliver (Fire Emblem) x5

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
3DS stages on Wii U:

Want: 80%

Predictions:

Chibi Robo: 10%
Zero: 1%

Nominate: Ice Climbers x5

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Neku chances: 0%.

Let's see: he's someone who undoubtedly has little to no support of popularity, is coming from a one shot franchise, is coming from a company with a somewhat shaky relationship with Nintendo these days, and is overshadowed by other franchises from his company. If this doesn't scream zero percent, I don't know what does.

Want: 0%.

I'd take Black Mage and Geno over him any day.

3DS Stages on WiiU chances: 10%.

It would kinda kill the point of separate stages across the versions, but I suppose there's a chance.

Want: 60%.

Magicant is the only stage on the 3DS version that I'd want on the WiiU version. All others I'd be neutral to. On the other hand, there are plenty of WiiU stages that I'd love to see on the 3DS version *coughcoughMiiversecoughcough*.

Dr. Eggman X5

:007:

E=Mewtwenty2

Smash Cadet
Neku Chance & Want & Knuckles: 0%: I'm not bothering with this one.
3DS on Wii U Chance: 15%: I think KingShadow summed it up here.
3DS on Wii U Want: 50%: I really don't care, but I wouldn't mind.

Chibi-Robo: 29.09%
Zero: 2.34%

X5 Dr. Eggman

Laniv

Smash Champion
Neku:

Chance: 0.3%
If SE gets a character, they'll push for Cloud.

Want: 4%

3DS stages on Wii U:

Chance: 17%

If it meant getting Pac-Maze on Wii U, then by all means.

Predictions for Chibi-Robo: 35% Chance, 57% Want
Predictions for Zero: 13% Chance, 46% Want

Nominate Savvy Stylist x 5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Neku's Chance: 0%
A Third Party character with little demand, he'd be a tough sell.

Neku's Want: 0%
I have no idea who his is nor am I going to look it up. When it comes to Third Party, we always they need to be icons and this obscure character certainly is not that.

---------

3DS Stages on the Wii U's Chance: 1%
I don't think we'll be seeing these stages on the Wii U version any time soon, unfortunately.

3DS Stages on the Wii U's Want: 100%
To be honest, the stage selection is better on the 3DS. The Wii U version has too many gimmicky/messy stages like Pyrosphere or Orbital Gate Assault that are just hard to play on, or the stages are too samey in gimmick like Wuhu Island/Delfino Plaza/Skyloft or overall redundant like Town & City/Smashville. At the very least, I would love to have the Past Stages on the 3DS get ported over, those were some of the most fun stagse from olden days.

I'd especially love this if we could get some Wii U exclusive stages, if only the Past Stages again, brought over to the 3DS too.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Neku Chance and want: 0%

3ds on Wii U

Chance: 3%

Want:Abstained

Chibi Robo prediction: 25%

Zero: 1%

Nominate Wolf x5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Abstaining from Neku Sakaruba today.

3DS Stages on the WiiU

Chance: 1%

I highly doubt it. Adding 3DS stages to the WiiU would ruin the whole "stage exclusive" deal between the 3DS and WiiU versions, not to mention that almost all the music that appears on the 3DS stages already appear in WiiU stages. Furthermore, the general trend with stage DLC has been both the 3DS and the WiiU getting a new stage at the same time, not one game exclusively getting one. If fan demand is high enough, maybe this could be considered, but from where it currently stands, its highly unlikely.

Want: Abstain

It depends on the stage. If it's Magicant, N's Castle, Prism Tower, Arena Ferox, or Paper Mario that receives this treatment, heck yes! If this happened to stages like Golden Plains, 3DS Mute City, or Balloon Trip, I wouldn't be happy.

Predictions:

Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo): 20.19%
Zero (Megaman): 0.40%

If anyone's going to do any double zero posts for Zero today, there better be Zero pictures coming along. It's the golden opportunity!

Nominations:

(Concept) BlazBlue representation: x5

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
3DS Stage on the WiiU
Want: 100%
Hell yeah! I think some of the 3DS exclusive stages are far better than the WiiU ones.
Chance: 40%
It might happen with some stages but not all.

Neku
Want: 0%
Nothing personal but I don't want anymore third parties.
Chance: 0.25%
Yeah, doesn't seem likely either.

Nominations:
Barbara ×5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Neku
Chance: 0.7%
I'd say he's just too odd of a choice. I'll give the protagonist of The World Ends with You a score of 0.7%.
In a perfect world, we would get all these random picks and more...

Want: 0.4%
Sorry, don't really know much about him.

3DS Stage on the Wii U
Chance: 3.2%
This probably isn't happening. The different stages in Smash for 3DS are meant to be half of the appeal of that version (other half being Smash Run). Along with almost all the music being used in the Wii U version as well tells me that the developers never had any plans to make this concept a thing. I'll give this stage sharing concept a small rating of 3.2%.
I wonder if we would have to pay for these...

Want: 82.5%
The 3DS version has some great stages that I really wish I could play on the Wii U version of the game.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Neku Sakuraba. AKA "phones"
Chance: 1.5%
I don't think we are getting a Square rep in smash 4 and if there was one it might not be him I have seen a little support for this character but nothing impressive.

Want: 95% It's this guy.

Has ANYONE played the The World Ends With You? Anybody who played the game can tell you why he should be a great addition to smash for thouse who don't know a thing about him he is able to use various pshychic abilities which he obtain depending on what Pin he's got equipped he can turn his arm into a blade, create fire out of nowhere, teleport... he can do lots of things. getting him could give us some awsome music too TWEWY is filled with good music I actually used to listen the OST while I played brawl.
And For his Final smash "Kitty invasion attack" HOW CAN YOU SAY NO TO THAT!

I wouldn't mind having Cloud or Chrono as square rep but C'mon Neku is way more unique.

3DS stage on Wii U
Want: 90% I would kill to get magicant on Wii U

Nominate: Lloyd Irving X5

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Ahhhh Neku... TWEWY is probably the best DS game, and anyone who has played it can probably agree. I feel like its in the same boat with Danganronpa for Vita, if people would just play the game, it would be super popular, like crazy. Same with Ghost Trick.

For me Neku gets a 3% chance, and 100% want. Neku is from one of the best DS games, one of the best games of its decade, and will be looked as one of the best games of the century.

Troykv

Smash Master
... Mmm... Sorry, I'm unsure about this.

Double Abstain:

Predictions:

Chibi Robo: 27.5%
Zero: 0.5%

Nominations:

Concept: Second Sega/Namco Rep x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Neku's chances: 0.5%

Don't think there's much of a reason that he'd be chosen.

I'm sure TWEWY is a good game, but it's just not a great third party choice.

3DS stages for Wii U's chances: 0.5%

Kind of defeats the purpose of them being exclusives to begin with...

Want: 50%

Originally was going to give this a higher score, but eh, if I want to play the stages I can just play the 3DS version. New content would be better. I'd still be alright with it though.

Chibi-Robo prediction: 24.24%
Zero prediction: 0.45%

Nominations: Blaziken x5

Getting this out of the danger zone...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Neku Sakuraba: Double Zeroes

Never played TWEWY nor did I care about the characters' cameo in Dream Drop Distance. That being said, he's at the bottom of the list of Square characters I'd want in Smash and his requests are even more nonexistent than most possible Squeenix choices.

3DS stages for Wii U's chances: Double Zeroes Again

Sakurai said countless times that he wanted Smash Wii U and 3DS to feel like their own games and going against that would defeat the purpose. Magicant and Spirit Train on the Wii U version would be tempting, but I'd rather play it on my copy of Smash 3DS instead (since I have both games anyways).

Chibi-Robo prediction: 23%

Zero prediction: 0%

Nominations: Lark (Pilotwings) x10

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Neku Sakuraba

Chance: Abstain

Staggering amount of variety with all the different pins he can equip. His psychs seem interesting enough. Why not?

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Neku: 0/0

Stages:

Dunno if they'd do this, since Sakurai seems so interested in keeping the versions separate, but I actually prefer the stages on the 3DS version. I particularly miss Corneria, Brinstar, and the Mushroomy Kingdom, and I really want to see Gerudo Valley in HD.
Zero prediction: 0.0%
Chibi-Robo prediction: 20.0%

Nom: no 3rd parties x5

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Neku

Chance: 0%.
Bad relationship between Nintendo and Square aside, a company that owns both Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest isn't going to agree with an one-time character as their Smash Bros. guest.

Want: 95%.
Great character from an amazing game. Perhaps the best game I ever played. Has a huge moveset potential.

3DS stages

Chance: 0.1%. Only by really high demand.
Want: 50%.*
* Depends on the stages. I'd love to see Yoshi's Island or Prism Tower on Wii U, but couldn't care less if it was Paper Mario for example.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
No point giving my rating or ending the day because I already calculated the score!!

NEKU
CHANCE: 0.42%
WANT: 19.34%

3DS STAGE ON THE WII U
CHANCE: 11.30%
WANT: 70.63%
Next up we're rating Chibi Robo and that guy who's best known for having his picture posted on this thread for the sake of symbolism whenever we rate a character with no chance (Not the Kirby villain, the other one). Also please predict what score Clefairy and the concept of us getting a second Namco or Sega rep will get tomorrow.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Chibi Robo:

Chance:25%
Want:55%

He's a little bit more popular than other characters and it helps that he got another game that's coming out. That said he isn't as popular to the likes of Rool, Issac, and the Inklings.

WHY ARE WE RATING THIS FOR!:

Chance and Want:0%

We already have two Capcom reps so it's not very likely.

Predictions:

Clefairy:0%

Second Namco/Sega Rep: 12.11%

Nominate Lloyd Irving x5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Chibi-Robo
Chance:
15%

Copy and paste:
Chibi-Robo
Chance:
15%

I'll give him some benefit of the doubt with a brand new game with an amiibo coming out. Chibi-Robo is still one of Nintendo's more recognized franchises.
However, despite his popularity, his ballot support is... minuscule to say the very least.
I can't really say much to be honest.
Want: 55%
Want: 55%
I haven't played a Chibi-Robo game, but I do like his design and he can be unique.
To be honest, his 3DS game looks pretty fun. I might get it.

Chance and Want: Double Zeroes
Granted, while Zero is very popular as a character (which was probably a big factor as to why he got a Mii costume), he isn't demanded for Smash Bros.
As for want, I haven't played an X game and I haven't used him too much in UMvC3, so I can't say that I have a big connection with him.

Clefairy Prediction: 0.43%
No comment.
Second Namco / Sega Rep Prediction: 33.33%
I can see this go all over the place. I am curious on the want scores, however.

Nominations: Goku 5x

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Chibi-Robo

Chance: 9%
Want: 1%

Zero

Chance: 2%
Want: 30%

Predictions

Clefairy: Chance: 0.5% / Want: 0.04%
Second Namco/Sega Rep: Chance: 9% / Want: 7.2%

Nominations

Oliver (Fire Emblem) x5

D

Deleted member

Zero

Chance: See his name.

He may be a prominent and popular character in the Mega Man series, serving as a secondary protagonist in later X games while hogging the spotlight and later starring in four of his own games on the GBA, but I don't think he's as iconic or requested as Tails, Knuckles, or Eggman of Sonic series fame. He even has a Mii costume already.

Sorry, Zero.

I had a blast playing as him in both the Mega Man X series and his recent fighting game appearances, and he's good enough on his own merits to warrant a spot in my opinion.

Abstaining from Chibi-Robo. He's not what I'm rating for!

Predictions:

Clefairy - 0.2%

Second Namco/Sega Rep - 14%

Nominations: Dan (Street Fighter) x5

ZeroInfinity

Smash Rookie
Did somebody say Zero? :3
Chance: 30%
I know everyone thinks he has no chance because he's another Capcom character (and that stupid Mii costume), but I still believe he has a chance. And trust me, he has supporters, they're just not as loud as some of the others.
Zero is the only character I really want in Smash. He's my favourite video game character ever and I love him to bits. He has a lot of potential for moves from all the Mega Man X games he's been playable in, just look at his move set in MvC3. If Zero got in Smash I would never need anything else in life.*

Chibi-Robo
Chance: 15%
I don't really know anything about Chibi-Robo, so yeah. Nothing to say.

Predictions:
Clefairy: 0.1%
2nd Sega/Namco rep: 20%

*Slight exaggeration, I'd still need a Mega Man X anime, Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X2...

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Chibi-Robo chances: 25%.

He's got noteworthy popularity... but that's basically it.

Want: 50%.

No comment.

Zero chances and want: Kirby Zero ÷ MM Zero = Zero Two = 0% × 2

... Remind me again why I bothered with such a stupid math equation.
Joking aside, I seriously doubt we'd get yet another Capcom character, and even if we did, I highly doubt it would be anyone but Wright. And the odds of a fourth CC character... too damn unlikely for my tastes.
As for want, well... Ryu was already extreme overkill. I can't even imagine how much of overkill Zero would be.

Dr. Eggman X5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Sin(180)

Becasue I might as well join in for only today...

Chance and Want

upload_2015-9-29_22-46-29.jpeg

We already have two Capcom characters, and he's from a represented franchise, at that. Why?

As of now, I'm kinda stingy on third parties as I found Pac and Ryu to be disappointing.

Chibi-Robo (Go, powers of copy-pasting!)

Chance - 15.5% - Decent, but not exactly likely. Once a small series of cult exploration games has become re-branded with with a new, more action based game with enough faith that an amiibo was made. It's enough to spike interest in the series and character, and that boost combined with the old fan base may be enough to spike to something significant. Still, I'm a pessimistic skeptic for the most part, and I'm not certain it's enough to overcome many of the big dogs.

Want - 78.5% - He'd be a cute, fun character, and I know enough that combining the old games with the upcoming one will lead to an interesting move set.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Zero: name says it all.

Chibi Robo
Chance: 20%

He's pretty niche, but he's getting his own amiibo and everything. Still, he's not exactly a household name. I think he fits better as an assist character due to his relative obscurity to most people.
Predictions
:035:: 0.0%
:salt:: 0.5%
Nom: no third parties x5

Please remember that the noms in red are being purged tomorrow!
Also having fun with the fact that the Wolf rerate is currently in the top two...with any luck tomorrow, he'll get confirmed before we get to rerate him. But it would be fun to see everyone rating 100s...wishful thinking...

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Zero:
Chance: 0% Not likely with the costume.
Want: 0% No more 3rd parties please.

Now time for my rant:

Chibi-Robo:
Chibi has been subject to a string of bad luck. During Brawl's development, Chibi-Robo only had one game, so it makes sense that he wasn't included. Unfortunately, after his second game met mixed reviews and poor sales from being exclusive to Walmart, his series became Japan-only. During this dark time, Sakurai determined the roster for Smash 4. Obviously Chibi-Robo would not be included, as it was becoming doubtful that he had a future outside of Japan. Thankfully, the fourth game in his series headed west, and the series has been revived. With the addition of a new game coming out with an Amiibo bundled with it, Chibi-Robo has never been more relevant. Unfortunately, the Smash Ballot isn't about relevancy, it's about popularity. Chibi-Robo. due to his status as a cult-classic, doesn't have as big of fanbase as Isaac or King K Rool. While the Amiibo is helping to put him in the spotlight, it might be a case of too little too late.

This is extremely disappointing as a fan of the character. He has amazing moveset potential. He's been around since the GameCube. He's one of the few B-tier Nintendo characters left. I feel like he's almost guaranteed for Smash 5. DLC is a different beast though. It really depends on how much of a factor popularity plays.

Chance: 35% The Amiibo and new game are an amazing boost, but it really depends on how many characters we're getting.
Want: 100% I've fallen in love with the little guy. He deserves to be in Smash.

Nominations: Dr. Lobe x5

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Zero
I don't want anymore third parties.
Chance: 0.5%
I don't think another Capcom character is likely.

Chibi-Robo
Want: 90%
This kid's got some real potential. Not to mention a great series.
Chance: 25%
I see him more likely for Smash 5.

Nominations:
Barbara ×5

Top Bottom