• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Paper Mario

Chances: 15%

He has a following, but the stigma of three Marios really hurts him.

Want: 1%

The 1% is the moveset potential. Otherwise, I'm only truly against variations of the same character coming before different characters.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
ONE GUY voted a non 0% (or close to) and suddenly Monster Hunter is less wanted than Bubsy. Damnit, this is what I was afraid of.

Yes I know this is just a game and doesn't really matter.
Such are the wonders of democracy. Another example would be the large number of joke characters as of late.... this news drought is really killing us.

Paper Mario:
Chance: 15%
I don't expect them to add another Mario character. On the other hand, he has been established as a character separate from Mario now, in Paper Jam.

Want: 85%
Would love to see him included. He's extremely different from Mario in his abilities and can bring a lot of those.​

Olaf: Double zeroes.
*ahem* Laf-able. :troll:

:231:

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
Paper Mario:

Chance: 41%
"Oh, great, another Mario!" -Non-Supporters

Want: 50%

Olaf:

Chance: 1%
A secondary character from a dead dormant series.

Want: Abstain

Predictions for Kaptain K. Rool: 56% Chance, 70% Want
Predictions for Reyn: 4% Chance, 37% Want

Nominate Tom Nook x 5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Paper Mario
Chance:
5%

Copy and paste:
Paper Mario
Chance:
5%

Honestly, I think Paper Mario's chances fell flat after when the roster was completed, meaning that I don't think that Paper Mario is a strong DLC candidate.
First, we have Bowser Jr. and Rosalina, two non-clone newcomers that took a lot of work and effort to put in. They are also two core Mario characters. Second, we already have a Mario clone with Dr. Mario, meaning that Paper Mario's niche as this is gone.
When it comes to competition, I think that Daisy's popularity and the rise of Captain Toad outdo him. Whether you love or hate Daisy, her requests are pretty big; she has been near the top of numerous polls for example, even some where she beats Paper Mario. Then with Captain Toad, he is basically a rising star with his new game and was a part of 3D World; Nintendo could request Sakurai to put him in to promote him more (and don't think this is unlikely as Roy and Ryu were apparently put in before the ballot).
Paper Mario's future can be seen as questionable especially after Sticker Star. That game got very mixed reception, meaning that Nintendo might not want to continue with the series.
Overall, this is an uphill battle for Paper Mario. I expect him to get outcompeted.
I kinda agree. I don't think Paper Jam means much, as it's more of a Mario & Luigi game rather than a Paper Mario game.
He does have requests, I'll give him that.

Want: 0%
Copy and paste again:
The idea of Paper Mario never appealed to me. I loved The Thousand Year Door and Super Paper Mario, but he never appealed to me as a character because I think that he will be a clone.
"B-b-but the party members and source material!" Yes, Paper Mario has a lot to work with. However, what would be easier for the developers? A clone that wouldn't take much no time at all or a unique fighter? There is also a matter of Ganondorf and Toon Link. Ganondorf has a lot of material to work with; Dead Man's Volley, using his sword in combat as well as physical attacks, teleportation, and using his cape as a reflector. However, Sakurai's vision for Ganondorf is a slower, more powerful clone of Captain Falcon. With Toon Link, he has a lot of items and weapons to work with and yet he is a Link clone.
What I am trying to say is that while Paper Mario has a lot of unique attributes, they will most likely be looked over in favor of cloning him.
Also, I am perfectly fine with one Mario clone, being Dr. Mario. Anything beyond that will make me sick. Speaking of sick, I can't help but get that feeling if he got in; I can't follow the Paper Mario franchise anymore because of how massively disappointed I was with Sticker Star.
Finally, the Mario DLC newcomer I want is Captain Toad; Paper Mario could interfere with that.
To be honest, I will be getting Paper Jam. Not for Paper Mario, but rather for Mario & Luigi. Sticker Star was the worst game that I've played, mainly because it disappointed me so damn much.

Olaf
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

A character before the main protagonists? NO.

Kaptain K. Rool Prediction: 6.35%
Uhh...
Reyn Prediction: 1.00%
OH YEAH! REYN TIME!

Nominations: Fourside 5x

Olaf
Chance: 50%
phoenix-sweating(a).gif

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Paper Mario:
Chance: 20%
Want: 100%
Olaf:
Chance: 0.5% Seriously, this is way too random to actually stand a chance

Predictions:
Kapt. K. Rool: 10%
Reyn: 3.141%

Nominations: Rerate!Magolorx5

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
Olaf:
Chance - 0%
Want - 0%
Well, I'd like to see Wars get more representation in smash, and attention in general, but I can't help but feel that getting a fighter would be the wrong way to do it considering the last game released in 2008. Unless the series suddenly sprung back to life, going straight from an assist trophy and nothing else to a full fighter might garner some unwanted hate since it'd be getting in over other more popular fighters from more popular series with more community support, etc. With the greater good of the series' possible growth in mind, I can't say I support the idea, a more gradual inclusion is called for, but the assist trophy is a good start to that.
Basically just no Wars dlc fighters, it wont happen, and it really shouldn't happen. If one got in as a fighter in Smash 5, it most likely wouldn't get much hate, but for Sm4sh dlc, nope, that wouldn't end well.

Paper Mario:
Chance - 30%

Want - 50%
Paper Mario has potential, but I don't see Paper Mario being the immediate next in line choice for Sakurai, nor a likely dlc candidate altogether. I would much prefer to see characters like Waluigi and Daisy get in first, but I'm in no way opposed to the concept of Paper Mario getting in.

Predictions:
Kaptain K. Rool - 53.35%
Reyn - 2%

Nominations:
Neku Sakuraba (TWEWY) x 5

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Olaf
Chance: 0%

Here's your rate.
Here's your reaction: :mad:

Paper Mario
Chance: 40%

I'm short on time, so I can't write a miniature essay right now. Let's just say I love this character and that I see the infinite potential.

Predictions
Kaptain K. Rool: 38.99%
Reyn: 1.4%

Nominate x5 Belome

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
When I first came here, I thought we were rating Olaf from Frozen.

:nervous:

I still don't know who we're talking about...

Paper Mario

Chance: 40%

I honestly think he has a decent shot. Assuming that there will probably only be 2-3 more characters, a 40% isn't something to scoff at. After reading interviews, I think Paper Mario fits Sakurai's criteria when considering characters. The only other Mario character, imo, that has decent chance is (Captain) Toad. And I think that he'd be a cool character too. I don't really see much holding back this character other than the fact that there's other characters that overshadow his popularity. And even then, that hasn't been a determinate factor.

This is by far my most wanted character since Melee. The moveset potential is there, and no other character on the roster is made of paper(which could introduce new visuals to the game). Also, Paper Mario is not the same Mario, which has been shown in the new Mario and Luigi game. There's so much that this character could offer, but he's overlooked due to him being another Mario. I can somewhat understand why people would be upset with his inclusion, but some of the arguments I see against him baffle me.

Nominations:
Paper Mario Theatre Stage x5

Last edited:

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
No Idea who Olaf is so moving on.

Paper Mario

Chance: 50%

This character I honestly can't say. He's another Mario so I don't think Sakurai would add him, but he also has the chance for a unique moveset. Also Mario seems to get as many reps as he wants so its not like he's gonna be held back because of too many mario reps.

I always am willing to welcome someone with a unique moveset, regardless of notoriety, but even I have a limit to what I would be okay with. I do not want another Mario rep, like at all. I would rather we see a character from a series not represented in Smash than the one most represented.

Predictions
Kaptain K. Rool: 30%

Reyn: 5%

Nomination

Klonoa x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Olaf...0/0, no explanation necessary

Paper Mario

Chance: 20%
Paper Mario has spun off a bit as his own, but he definitely doesn't have the pull of any other characters in the series. The series as a whole has only four games - Let's face it, Waluigi and Daisy both have more exposure to the Mario series as a whole than the paper guy does, and both have been requested for a while. All are from spin-offs, but those two are much hotter than another Mario.

Paper Mario does have recent exposure, however. His most recent game is only three years old, so he is in the minds of some people.
But he's still ANOTHER Mario. Before we even get a deserved DK newcomer? Or Ridley?
Besides, some Paper Mario elements have been used in the game since Brawl. Look at the design of Peach's parasol - that's not Perry...Even though we didn't get the Shadow Queen alt we should have, some Paper Mario has made the jump. Just not the little guy.

Let's face it, it's another Mario. We've already got two.
"But Cap, Paper Mario will be totally different! Remember, Sakurai wants to be faithful* to the series and..."
Yeah, tell that to Falcondorf. Besides, look at all the faithfulness we got from Wario-the-fartman as well. You can already see how totally different Falco plays from Fox, or my favorite Toon Link and Link [/sarcasm]. Despite Wind Waker having a host of stuff, Toon Link is still stuck as a clone. And despite Ganondorf being the most incredible bada** and perfect amalgamation of all of his appearances in Hyrule Warriors (also a spin-off...just like Paper Mario is to the Mario series), Smash Ganondorf still has a death grip on a moveset that really should go to Black Shadow. Potential doesn't mean squat.
*sidenote - I was typing too fast and accidentally spelled this as 'failthful.' I had to fix it, but this term is so apt in some circumstances...
So no, thanks. Give me Daisy. Or Waluigi. Or pretty much any Mario series character before another Mario.

Particularly if we're getting something failthful to the series. I like this new word.

Stands - 20/0
Nom: Ivy x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Olaf: DOUBLE ZEROES

Paper Mario's chances: 25%

Paper Mario's fairly popular, and the games got quite a bit of representation this time around. I still find Captain Toad more likely if we were to get another Mario character, but he's got a shot.
About the same reasoning, but I think I definitely underrated him before (I gave him a 15%). Paper Jam may help slightly as well.

Want: 5%

I loved Paper Mario 64 and TTYD. They're respectively my third favorite and favorite Mario games, and two of my favorite games of all time. That being said, the possibility of him being playable in Smash never sparked any interest in me. I also don't think Mario needs anyone else right now, and even if it got someone I find (Captain) Toad to be a far better selection.

Like Krystal, he gets a small want score because even though I'd prefer he stayed out, he does have his merits and I might consider buying him anyway.
About the same.

Kaptain K. Rool prediction: 8.47%
Reyn prediction: 1.10%

Nominations: Captain Rainbow x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Paper Mario:

Chance: 25%

He is a Mario.. Who knows?

Looks cool, but still another Mario... Meh :p

Olaf:

Chan...

This character is a villain and/or a secondary character?

Want: Abstain

Predictions:

Kaptain K. Rool: 6.4%
Reyn: 2.1%

Nominations:

Fire Emblem Stage DLC x3
Idolm@ster Representation x2

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Mind if I cut in real fast?

--

Rerate: Paper Mario

Chance: 17.5% -> 22.5%

Before anything, I need to point out something again: the dev team doesn't think in terms of reps. If another Mario character were to get nominated enough, they'd get a serious look. In Paper Mario's case, he may have a better chance than any other Mario character if it comes to that. Despite the detractors complaining about "another Mario" and those claiming he'd be a clone, Paper Mario would tend more toward not being a clone due to how differently he functions in his games' RPG setting than the usual Mario platformers.
So how has the 2D plumber fared in the time since we last discussed him? Well...it seems like his odds have improved just a little. According to the guys at Source Gaming, he actually has mid-level support over in Japan, and though he doesn't seem quite as popular elsewhere in the world, he definitely has his fans. Though there still seems to be this general distaste toward more Mario characters, things have mellowed out a little in recent months. It's not an overwhelming change by any means...but it's something.

Fortunately for Paper Mario, his biggest draw is his moveset potential...and that's kind of a big deal for the developers.

First and foremost, his moveset potential is most apparent by his choice of attacks: in the first two Paper Mario games, Mario's hammer is just as integral as his jumping ability. We only have one hammer-wielder on the roster so far, and Paper Mario could use it in ways King Dedede doesn't. Why's that? All the different techniques he learns through badges! It'd take more than just your fingers to count how many jump or hammer moves he has at his command!

And the above doesn't even include the elements in each individual game! Summoning partner characters from Paper Mario 64 or from The Thousand-Year Door? The paper transformations from the latter? Summoning the Pixls from Super Paper Mario? Any number of stickers or Things from Sticker Star? This guy has serious moveset potential, enough to where I doubt the developers would veto him if he rose high enough in the ranks.
He still has a sizeable mountain to climb to be called a frontrunner, though. If we end up with eight or so more DLC characters--not out of the question--I see him having a solid shot at being one of the last of them. If we're looking at six or less, though? He probably isn't in the cards.

...And no, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam probably doesn't directly affect his chances any more than whether it's managed to drum up more supporters. Nintendo hasn't been adding newcomers to promote their other games, and this would be no exception.

Want: 60% -> 50%

I've mellowed out on him a little myself, but don't interpret that as thinking I've lost interest. He could still bring a set of abilities all his own to the roster...as long as they didn't make him a semi-clone, that is.

That's all for now. I'm gonna play things more casually, stepping in only when I feel like I have something meaningful to say.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Paper Mario
Chance: 40% - I honestly consider him one of the frontrunners. He would be comparatively easy to animate, which could be a priority for Sakurai with his shrunken down team. He also seems to do consistently well in polls, usually better than Captain Toad.

Some people argue that he could be a clone of Mario. He doesn't have legs, how would he perform Mario's side tilt attack or U-Air. At least Falcondorf pretty much had Captain Falcon's body type to work with when they cloned him.

Olaf
Double Zeros

Nominations: Solo Ice Climber x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Paper Mario
35% cHance
100% Want

Olaf
0% Chance
100% Want

Nominating Sceptile x 5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
PAPER MARIO
CHANCE: 27.60%
WANT: 48.93%

OLAF
CHANCE: 0.13%
WANT: 10.61%
Can anyone believe we got the four lowest rated characters in this thread four days in a row? Next up we're rating Kaptain K. Rool and Reyn from Xenoblade. Also please predict what score Magalor and an NPC getting promoted will get tomorrow.

@ TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom Counted your score.

D

Deleted member

Kaptain K. Rool

Chance: 5%

There exists a small possibility of him being picked over his King persona.

Want: 75%

I'd be content with him.

"Now it's Reyn time!"

He's the third most likely original Xenoblade character, but that isn't saying much.

"You can't have a rainbow without Reyn, baby!" @BluePikmin11

Reyn.png

Predictions:

Magolor - 10%

Promoted NPC - 5%

Nominations:

Terra Branford (Final Fantasy) x5

Zael (The Last Story) Mii Costume x10

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Kaptain K. Rool

Chance: 4%
Want: 40%

- The King K. Rool costume throws a wrench into this but there's hope.

Reyn

Chance: 1.3%
Want: 1%

Predictions

Magalor: 1.2%
NPC Promotion: 0.4%

Nominations

Eliwood x4
Ryouma (Fire Emblem) x1

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Kaptain K. Rool
Want: 10%

Reyn
Double Zeroes

Predictions
Magalor: 2%
NPC Promotion: 3.5%

Nominate x5 Belome

Reyn want 75%
replaying Xenoblade. Reyn is much better as a character at the beginning of the game it seems. Blunt bu seemingly more logical than later in the game. . .

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kaptain K.Rool Want: 100%
K.Rool is K.Rool, Pirate or King.
----------------------------------------
Predictions:
NPC promotion:6.12%

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Kaptain K. Rool

Chance - 0.07% - Maybe, but why would they not go with the King persona, his most famous and "standard" persona, and composite what he did with all of this other peronas?

Want - 40% - I'll take it if necessary, but it would simply be tons of wasted potential in ignoring his other characters.

Reyn

Chance - 1.35% - Niche series that is still fairly obscure? Poor chances, no matter how popular.

Want - 50% - Don't care.

Predictions

NPC Promotion - 0.19% - Well, this is a reasonable fan-made rule in my eyes.

Magolor - 6.89% - About the same, I guess.

Nominations

Fountain of Dreams X5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Reyn want 75%
replaying Xenoblade. Reyn is much better as a character at the beginning of the game it seems. Blunt bu seemingly more logical than later in the game. . .

NPC becomes layable x5
NPC becomes layable? My you're quite the naughty one, aren't you? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Quadruple 0

Predictions
Magalor 4%
Npc becoming playable 5.2%

Nominate Mike from Drawn to life x5

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Kaptain thingy

What, they're gonna disregard the iconic design of one character just to be the alt one? It's like Dr Mario happening without Mario.

I don't want K Rool to begin with, changing clothes won't help.

Abstain on Reyn and predictions.

Nominate:
Rerate Sho..
Rerate Chibi Robo x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Please read this before giving Kaptain K. Rool a flat zero in chances because "muh not main persona!!"

Kaptain K. Rool chances: 8.35%
Before dismissing the idea because "muh it's not his main persona!!" try at least to think about all the speculation about a character from FE13 as a newcomer for SSB4 which used to happen over one year ago, how Robin wasn't taken seriously by a lot of people who only saw Chrom as an eligible choice due to him being the "main protagonist" (and Gematsu too but that's another story), and how these people were caught off guard by this July 14th reveal at how awesome Robin's moveset was. Despite being the single main protagonist of Awakening, Chrom was judged not interesting to design a moveset for by Sakurai himself, thus he looked at the best next thing who is still a very prominent character in this game, enough to be worthy of being the new Fire Emblem representative, and he easily crafted in his mind a coherent and believable moveset with a unique feeling for him.

How is this relevant RECENCY!!!!1!1!! to the subject, you may ask? Because if Sakurai doesn't manage to imagine a satisfying moveset for King K. Rool, then it's completely possible that he will look at the next best thing, consider it as worthy of representing the K. Rool character, and give him a pirate-themed moveset that uses the blunderbuss in a very extensive way! It's not like taking a less iconic look for a character in Smash as the default representation of that character is unprecedented - Wario anyone? There's also a strong evidence that may lead towards Sakurai choosing Kaptain over King - yeah I'm talking about the Kosplay. I mean, asides from making fun of him, Sakurai tried to do justice to Chrom without making him playable, by making him part of Robin's Final Smash and one of his victory poses, and even selling a Mii costume based on him. In a similar way, it's possible that Sakurai choose the less straightforward choice to represent the K. Rool character, yet still wanted to do justice to his most iconic look by making it a Mii costume instead. It's often speculated that the textures from the Kosplay come from an actual playable King K. Rool in development in order to tease fans while making even more money out of his name, but it could actually be taken at least partially from reused assets from Kaptain K. Rool instead!

And before shouting "MUH SO MUCH WASTED MOVESET POTENTIAL" at me please put down the torches and pitchforks. First, I'll say it right now: no, I won't pretend that King K. Rool is redundant, generic, or unworkable. And yeah, sure, he has a lot to work at his disposal, he has a crazy blunderbuss, he can use electricity traps, fly with an helipack, use boxing gloves... but what about a moveset including all of these? K. Rool never used them all in the same boss fight, he used all this material in different fights where he adopted different personas, and many of these things thematically clash when put together. Whereas the likes of Villager, Bowser Jr. and Mega Man work wonderfully while having movesets based entirely on using extensively varied stuff: Villager's moveset is mostly inspired from things an average real-life person may own in their house, Bowser Jr. hides all of his weaponry under his Koopa Clown Car, and Mega Man is all about using and switching very varied stuff in his own games. There's also a reason why you won't see Mewtwo use the likes of Flamethrower or Ice Beam or Earthquake in Smash despite him being able to learn these moves in Pokémon games.

Remember when I said that King K. Rool is not an unworkable or uninteresting character when it comes to design a moveset? Yeah, I'm sure a K. Rool moveset where the King persona borrows a few accessories from his alter egos may work. Some characters actually have a few moves that may not fit their overall theme very well, such as Rock Blast for Charizard, or Kirby's special moves he can uses at any time without his generally needed copy abilities, or while we're talking about them, Villager using a mini-rocket that looks like a cork stopper, or Mega Man using the Mega Upper which is unrelated to the platformer series he's mostly inspired from. King K. Rool using Kaptain's blunderbuss for a few moves I'm sure would work well, it doesn't clash with the King persona that much. The helicopter pack I'd say clashes much more with it, though it used as a recovery move and nothing else it would work fine.

That said, I have a feeling Sakurai may potentially see Kaptain K. Rool as the superior choice when it comes to designing a moveset. Using the Kaptain persona allows to use the blunderbuss in a much more extensive way without feeling out of place, even allowing for unique creative liberties, like using it as a flamethrower; it also makes sure his entire moveset feels like it is clearly themed and coherent, in this case around pirates, and you may even add a few attacks that use a hook or a sabre as additional creative liberties for a true pirate feeling! By choosing a clear theme for your character rather than just "stuff they uses from their games" you make sure your character will feel unique, inspired, believable and coherent while still getting the right to use creative liberties, all without making your character's moveset feel forced or all over the place.

Overall if K. Rool is going to be playable I'd still mostly expect the King persona as default, with a few moves borrowed from his alter egos. But with the room for creativity opened by only focusing on the Kaptain persona, and the fact the Kosplay could possibly be an evidence that Kaptain was chosen as K. Rool's main protrayal in Smash, I wouldn't be shocked if it was the route Sakurai took. Yet at the same time I kinda have a hard time imagining Kaptain K. Rool getting in over Dixie Kong... King K. Rool without Dixie could work because we already have two major DK protagonists, and Dixie did her series debut after K. Rool after all, but getting the main antagonist of a game (in this case, DKC2) before both of its playable protagonists may seem kinda weird.

I think Kaptain K. Rool over King K. Rool is a very plausible outcome, in spite of not exactly being a likely one, and he really doesn't deserve to get flat zeroes in chances just because he's not K. Rool's main persona. I mean, it's not like we were rating Baron K. Roolenstein :shades:

If you want to see other essays I've written about this subject, here they are:
My thoughts about King K. Rool's potential issues when it comes to moveset design
Pretty much a summed up version of this chances explanation

And while we're at it:
My Kaptain K. Rool moveset

Kaptain K. Rool want: 100%
Any form of playable K. Rool is okay in my book as long as it does justice to the character. My only minor complaint about Kaptain over King, besides the later being more iconic, is that DKC2 was, among the main four Rare Donkey Kong titles (the DKC trilogy + DK64), the only one I've never beaten as a kid (stupid Toxic Tower), but now that I've beaten it on Wii U virtual console this actually becomes kind of irrelevant. The Kaptain persona is very popular, mostly due to the awesome boss fight during which K. Rool is always putting heavy pressure on you, and also with the awesome atmosphere of the fight with its music and the aesthetics of the area which perfectly match the entire game's dark feeling. As such I think Kaptain is worthy of being the main representation of the character as a whole, especially considering it is still acknowledged in other games such as cameo pictures in Donkey Kong 64, or even being mentioned in Wrinkly Kong's trophy description over King K. Rool in Smash Wii U! Plus the pirate theme fits him and the Kremlings very well. Potential moveset-wise I'm also more interested in Kaptain, as you may notice in my moveset linked above; to give you an idea, I had to think a long time to imagine a satisfying King K. Rool moveset, while I comparatively managed to imagine a pretty much fully satisfying Kaptain K. Rool moveset in no time! (Granted, a lot of moves from my Kaptain moveset include reused assets from my King moveset ideas)

Anyway, I just want to play as K. Rool in Super Smash Bros. with his unique moves, not as a King K. Rool cosplayer!

-----

Reyn chances: 0.12%
Eh, seems like a huge stretch. He's very popular in the West, but apparently less in Japan due to having a more generic personality over there from what I've read. And while it may not mean much, Shulk's down smash is inspired from a art used by Reyn himself.

Reyn time want: 3%
Meh. Not really interested.

-----

Magolor prediction: 5.88%
I don't really know...

NPC promoted to playable prediction: 23.24%
I doubt it will change much.

Nominating:
Balance change: universal hitstun increase x5

@ CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica I believe my 15 nominations for Squirtle and Ivysaur (with the extra noms from Muddy Mole and R.O.B. eye glitch fix) weren't counted in the current nomination list, could you fix this please?

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Kaptain Krool

Want: 90%

Reyn

Chance: 3%

Want: 70%

Predictions: Magalor 5%

Predictions: NPC becoming playable 2%

Nominations: @ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice still doing the math, so I'll just save up my votes for now.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Kaptain K. Rool

Abstain

Come on, we rated the original character already, why a variant of the character would make it in before the actual character is baffling. It's not something I can accurately rate.

Reyn:

Chance: 3%
Want: 20%

Even for Xenoblade, Fiora and Xross would likely have priority over him.

Predictions:

Magolor: 3%
Playable NPC: 3%

Nominate: Ridley x5

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Kapt. K. Rool:
Chances: 3% I don't really think they will have many real reasons to pick the Captain over the King.
Want: 80% Not having K. Rool in anyway would feel like a sin at this point.

Reyn:
Chances: 1% Doubt it.
Want: 0% I don't feel like Xenoblade warrants another rep, and after Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem got obscene rep, I don't want to see that happen again.

Predictions: Magolor 13.37%
Playable NPC 5%
Nominating: Goku x 5 And yes, it's the one from DBZ.
Edit: Noms

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Are we rating Kaptain K. Rool as his own character? If so...

Kaptain K. Rool:
Unlike the King, Kaptain has only appeared once in the entire series. Now if it was decided that the Kaptain persona would be his default look in a future game, it might have a bigger chance. Kind of a not now, basically.

Want: 75%
I actually want the Kaptain to be his default look in future DKC games. It goes well with my headcanon of Snowmad Vikings and Kremling Pirates. :p
Reyn:
I don't think Xenoblade will get another character.

I don't want Xenoblade to get another character.​

:231:

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
Kaptain K. Rool

Chance and Want: Abstain

Reyn:

Chance: 4%
If Xenoblade gets another character, it'll be Fiora or Elma.

Want: 60%

Predictions for Magolor: 15% Chance, 34% Want
Predictions for Playable NPC: 2% Chance, 50% Want

Nominate Tom Nook x 5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Kaptain K. Rool
Chance and Want:
Double Abstain

Reyn
Chance:
0%

I have immense doubt that we will get another Xenoblade character. He is popular in America, but not worldwide. Even then, he isn't demanded.

Magolor Prediction: 7.75%
Bandana Dee
Playable NPC Prediction: 1.70%
NPCs already have a defined role, I doubt that will change.

Nominations: Fourside 5x

BTW, @ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice , we are literally one month away before the ballot ends. Do you want to change 2 concepts to 3 for this?

Kaptain K. Rool
Chance: 3% (unlikely)
Want: 100% (I just want K. Rool to Smash, I don't care if he is King or Kaptain)

Reyn: Double Zeroes

Magolor: 6%
Playable NPC: 2%

Tyrantrum 5x

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Kaptain K Rool
10% Chance
100% Want
Its stil K Rool <3

Reyn
1% Chance
100% Want

Nominating Sceptile x 5

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Kaptain K Rool:

I have to ask: how are we rating the Kaptain? If it is as a standalone fighter, then I feel the chance ratings he's getting are probably fairly justified. However if we are also accounting for the possibility of him being an alt, I don't think the 0% chance ratings are really that justifiable. With that in mind, I have two separate ratings; choose whichever the most appropriate is:

Standalone Chance - 2.5%
Otherwise - 20%

K Rool is still K Rool so the want rating is 100% either way.

Abstain on chances for Reyn as I have absolutely zero idea who the character is (which I'd suggest probably warrants a low rating, but there we go), but whomever it is gets a 0% want from me.

Top Bottom