• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Alright, first off, Rundas
Chance: 1%
Want: 1%
Not Ridley or Dark Samus

Now to the reason I'm here

Baby Mario

Baby Mario is one of those characters I simply like, I've mained him in every single game he's in and even use him more than Rosalina, the only Mario character I might like more.

He's like that teddy bear you've had since childhood, you love it no matter what.

I was pretty much introduced to Baby Mario in Mario Golf 64 but he debut in Yoshi's Island.

People underestimate how iconic he is.

In the Yoshi series, he is the sidekick, the Luigi to Yoshi, the number 2. A lot of people however get annoyed by his crying, I love babies, so when I see Baby Mario cry, all I want to do is help him.

Baby Mario has been in a ton of spin-offs.

Both Golf and Tennis on 64
Every console Kart since Double Dash
The baseball games
Mario Tennis Open on 3DS

He even starred as a playable character in the rpg, Partners in Time, where he is more adorable than ever and capable of defending himself.

Speaking of Partners in Time, now would be a good time to talk about moveset potential.
One person already has dismissed him because he can't do anything, thats not true however. In Partners in Time, he demonstrated skill with the hammer which can make up many of his A moves. There are also the Bros. items, a cannonballer could work as an up special, The Smash Egg could work as another special. He could pull out a Kart similar to Wario. Or Dash forward with his cape from Yoshi's Island. He used Chain Chomp in both Double Dash and Partners in Time and could function as his Final Smash, if it wasn't for the 3DS version Baby Luigi could team up with Baby Mario to work like Ice Climbers. Nintendo also seems fond of the babies, there are 5 in Mario Kart now

And if you complain about 7 Mario characters, Baby Mario can easily count as a 2nd Yoshi character.

Unfortunately, Baby Mario is now classified as a Mario character on 3DS version and there are already 2 characters who are Mario. (Although Mario Kart 8 has 4 mario's.)

Alongside being a character who isn't exactly popular Baby Mario gets
Chance 3%

As for want?

As I said, I've always been fond of Baby Mario, he's just so cute and I just want to hug him. He is my go to main in many Mario games and would accept him as another main if he were to be DLC, he is a character I just adore and have loved since I was little.

Want: 100%

Prediction
King K Rool 65%

Nominate offline tourney x5

Baby Mario = Awesome

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Rundas:
Chance:
1%
Poor Rundas, just after Ridley was deconfirmed for good, the WiiU version was already out.
Then the ballot came, with Rundas' competition being his fellow hunters.
He was waiting for a fair battle but Sylux was confirmed for the next game, leaving Rundas in the dust.

Want: 0%
Remember when I said "Poor Rundas"?
Yeah I don't care about him at all.

Baby Mario
Chance:
2%
Noone's clamoring for him, and if there's one, it's not his most wanted.
There are a lot of Mario characters that are more clamored, and appear in spin-offs.

Want: 70%
Remember when I said "I support every Mario character except for Geno"?
This might be the first exception.

Let's look at the special abilities he has, from all these spin-offs he certainly got something right?
Nope, the only thing he has is Double Dash's Chain Chomp and a random Baseball power shared with other characters.

Powers in the Yoshi-series, he must have some kind of power up?
He gets a cape in the original.
A cape.
All that does is let Baby Mario run over walls.

At best that's a Side B where he runs fast.

Partners in Time?
One game.
All these items are obscure at best and offer no cohesion at all.
So our moveset is now:

Cape
Chain Chomp
Random Bros. Item
Random Bros Item

Wow, the playstyle's really obvious now!

That leaves a hammering version of Mario.
Which should be Paper Mario.

But why the 70% you may ask?
One, it's still a Mario character.
Two, between the Fire Flower Bros. Item, the Cape, his ability to jump and to spin, he could be a small Mario clone.

Second XenoBlade character from Original Game x5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Rundas AND Baby Mario
Chance and Want for Both:
For Fun! For Glory! Four Zeroes!

Rundas only comes from one game and none beyond that. He isn't important to the story in Prime like Dark Samus is and all she got was an Assist Trophy. At least Sylux as a future, Rundas doesn't. For want, I'm not interested and this is a bottom of the barrel character.

Baby Mario isn't demanded and doesn't have ballot support. People are most satisfied with just Yoshi it seems, as an old thread suggested. For want, I would hate to see this... and if I have to put up with that insufferable crying.
edgeworth-strained(a).gif

King K. Rool Prediction: 48.99%
...It begins.

Nominations: Amaterasu 5x

Troykv

Smash Master
CONCEPT: FULL KEN ALTERNATE COSTUME FOR RYU
CHANCE: 5.71%
WANT: 38.03%

CONCEPT: GENEI INBUN ROKU #FE REP
CHANCE: 2.75%
WANT: 31.81%
Next up we're rating Baby Mario (apparently with or without Baby Luigi) and Rundas. Also please predict what score King K. Rool will get tomorrow.
I'm really surprised with the Chance and Want that got GIR#FE.

Random Fact: This Concept get fore "positive biased" (various rate above 10%, one with 20% rates) than Micaiah (that the bigger ones was a 10% and a 30%), but still Miccy has more chance rate... I'm wonder how the Want Rate would be if have these guys's vote.

I will vote later.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
ENTIRE TEAM IS BABIES

Baby Mario

Several things are going against Baby Mario, the biggest obstacle being, well, being another Mario. Doesn't stop Paper Mario from being requested heavily, but the difference is that Paper Mario is really popular. Baby Mario isn't. Aside from Paper Mario, Baby Mario also competes with Daisy and Captain Toad. And I would gladly pick either of them over a baby.

Rundas

Ah, another Metroid character. Let's go in depth.

Rundas has a few things going for it as a Metroid candidate. He's got that ensemble darkhorse popularity, uses ice powers, an element unseen in this Smash iteration as a full moveset, and is likewise in that group of less popular Metroid characters requested since Brawl. Post-DLC it is also one of the few viable Metroid characters to be added as well.

And that's where the positives end.

Like other candidates in the same series, Rundas suffers heavily from lack of popularity in the East and the general disdain towards Metroid characters for Smash not named Ridley and maybe Dark Samus in the West despite the current status of both, particularly the former. As a character that has perished, Rundas is unlikely to receive a revival, though character death in a series has hardly stopped characters from making it in fighting games anyway. Rundas' biggest source of trouble, however, is it's direct competition with Sylux as possible yet very unlikely DLC. At risk of sounding biased, Sylux has much more going for it than Rundas, including a guaranteed if still pending return to the Metroid series, arguably more popularity Ballot-wise, and wider moveset potential. Both, however, are equally matched otherwise as lesser Metroid characters that happen to have that darkhorse popularity.

Rundas is viable, but not so much, unfortunately.

Chance: 10%
Want: 90%

I have no qualms admitting that I want Sylux much more than Rundas, however I love Rundas as well and would adore his inclusion. Another badass Metroid character with Lucario's VA to boot.

Predictions:

KKR: 57%

Nominate: Nothing for now.

I want to quit but here is another character i have a strong opinion about. . .
Rundas
Chance 0%
Back in pre-release smash speculation it was him and sylux that people who cared for "reps" only junped onto if they believed ridley was too big. The reasons were putely to rep the series. Tundas tended to show up a bit more often from his moveset potential and from being from a main series game.

But none of that matters. He is a dead character with absolute zero (heh) importance. He dies super eaely in his one game and even then he was MIA a lot. It doesnt matter how much moveset potential you have if you are a nobody.

Want 0%
Like sylux, i dont care for characters that are picked for "reps," especially not one that doesnt even have a future.

Noms
NPC becomes playable 5

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Rundas chances 3%
k.... he is... i dunno...
Want %5
yeah...

Baby Mario chances %5
Sakurai sometimes puts unexpected characters plus he was in the melee poll so...
Want 0%
no just no... we dont need a 3rd Mario

nomination:
Nester x5
but the difference is that Paper Mario is really popular. Baby Mario isn't.
lol no Baby Mario is way popular than Paper Mario. Baby Mario has appeared in alot of spinoff games that sold very highly like Mario kart seires and Yoshi seires and Mario tennis seires and has been here since 1995. non gamers can reconize him than Paper Mario.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
lol no Baby Mario is way popular than Paper Mario. Baby Mario has appeared in alot of spinoff games that sold very highly like Mario kart seires and Yoshi seires and Mario tennis seires and has been here since 1995. non gamers can reconize him than Paper Mario.
Probably in terms of the Mario series as a whole, yes, but Smash and/or Ballot-wise, I very much doubt it. Baby Mario doesn't even have a support thread on this forum, which only cements the point further.

Smash-wise, Baby Mario is nothing compared to Paper Mario in terms of support. Unpopular, if you will.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Can I ask why we are only rating one thing tomorrow?

I'll post my ratings later today
Because tomorrow is one of speculation's poster boys and a very controversial subject as of current due to a certain Mii costume, so it's likely everyone wants to focus on one singular character because of it.

I find it understandable.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Baby Mario
7.77% Chance
100% Want

Rundas
0.1% Chance
100% Want

Nominating Melee Pokemon Stadium x 5
(All these noms can just be said as Returning Stage: Pokemon Stadium)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Probably in terms of the Mario series as a whole, yes, but Smash and/or Ballot-wise, I very much doubt it. Baby Mario doesn't even have a support thread on this forum, which only cements the point further.

Smash-wise, Baby Mario is nothing compared to Paper Mario in terms of support. Unpopular, if you will.
It might not be open anymore since a lot of old threads were closed with the games release, but h

D

Deleted member

I give both characters a 1% chance and 0% want.
The only Mario characters i want are Paper Mario and Waluigi (heck, i would prefer GENO over this brat).
As for Rundas, sorry, but having ice powers does not make you a Ballot runner.

Predictions
K.Rool:45.58%

I came here because i know tomrrow is gonna be controversial day for many, a moment of heated debates that are only going to end like Roy, Bayonetta and Young Link. Seeing how Isaac's rerate day turned up, im not expecting most people to be civil tomorrow (as much i wish they were).

But for me, tomorrow would just be Tuesday.
---------------------------------
Nominations:
Ryu Hayabusa X5

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Rundas

A relatively minor character from Metroid Prime 3 that isn't highly requested, and one I have no desire to see in Smash.

Chance and Want:

(Double Zeroes)

Baby Mario

Wait... What?! Seriously?!

Chance and Want:

(Double Zeroes)

Prediction: King K. Rool Rerate - 71.3%

Nomination: Snake Rerate x5

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Baby Mario

I do not want any more Mario characters that aren't made out of Paper. Mario doesn't need any more. They should have their own fighting game like Pokemon is getting.

Rundas
Chance: 5%
Want: Abstain

I don't see any more Metriod characters ever being added, unless a new villain shows up that ends up being important to the series as Ridley is.

Prediction:
King K Rool: 65%

Nominations
Idolm@ster Mii Costume x 4
Idolm@ster General Representation (Trophy, Music, Stage) x 1

Troykv

Smash Master
Rundas:

Chance: 2.5%

Mmm... Al least appears in a Main Series Game... But everything else... Is a minor character, with zero importance, and well... He is dead, his future is zero practically (al least Sylux COULD be Smash 5/6 material).

Want: 10%

Are you serious? This character is like Impa because he feels like a "muh reps, the character"... But worse. Wow... Seriously some people really wants a Metroid Newcomer (the franchise is poor about their playable characters in their own series: Samus... And Samus.... And everything else are generic spin-off... And maybe Sylux).

Baby Mario:

Chance: 5%

His main advantage? He is Mario. His main distantage?... Be Mario... And heavy competition with ANOTHER MARIO (the Paper One).

Want: 50%

I don't care about him.

Predictions:

King K. Rool: 58.5%

Oh, goddess... This will be a salty day... The Chance Rate obviously will be lower, but still the best Newcomer Rate. The Want Rate probably (in other side) will be higher.

Nominations:

Idolm@ster Mii Costume x3
Rerate!Shantae x2

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Rundas
Chance: 0.5%
Simply not important enough to represent the Metroid franchise. Also I don't think Sakurai wants to deal with the headache of everyone complaining that it wasn't Ridley or Dark Samus. I'll give the Ice-Wielding Bounty Hunter a small score of 0.5%.
Don't feel like it would be worth it...

Want: 2%
I don't think the Metroid franchise should get another character for the sake of having one.

Baby Mario
Chance: 2%
Why would they go with Baby Mario when there's the more highly requested Paper Mario? I'll give the younger gaming icon a small score of 2%.
Seems kind of redundant...

Want: 5%
Maybe if he was part of a Baby Mario & Luigi tag team, but he doesn't sound too interesting on his own.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Baby Mario's Chance: 0%
Even if Baby Mario had an ounce of support, I don't think Nintendo would want the controversy of being able to beat up a baby.

Baby Mario's Want: 0%
You know they'd be at the bottom of the barrel when they get to this character. He's an alternate form of alternate form in-game and another that is very popular coming from a seties that has too many characters in-game and many other more viable options to include.

----------

Rundas's Chance: 1%
Rundas who? This ones doesn't seem to have much support behind it.

Rundas's Want: 5%
I'd say it's at least a better choice than Dark Samus, but I know zip about the character.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
This definitely has to be a record how fast the Rool moved to the top of the nom list. Tomorrow's going to be interesting.

Rundas

Chance: 0%
Yes, Metroid desperately needs new representatives. But not Rundas. Really, there are only a few names from the Metroid universe that would make sense, and only one would not cause an uproar. The Metroid universe has a very clear hierarchy of importance, and skipping around would piss a lot of people off really fast. Even moreso than Nintendo managed to already. If Sakurai can make the Villager or the Wii Fit Trainer into a viable fighter, he can fix things to get Ridley to work. Even adding Sylux or ANOTHER Samus before Ridley would be ridiculous. Nobody ever considered that Wart or Vaati shold come before Bowser or Ganondorf.
Baby Mario

No, Yoshi doesn't need more reps. Honestly, Yoshi doesn't need his own franchise, since he's basically an offshoot of the Mario series anyway. However, what we really don't need are more Marios walknig around. The babies really don't show up in games anymore outside of the Mario Kart series, and I still don't understand why. Seriously, MK8 lets you play an entire 12-man game with 4 unique characters: Mario (Baby Mario, Metal Mario, Tanooki Mario), Peach (Baby Peach, Pink gold Peach, Cat Peach), Luigi (Baby Luigi), and Rosalina/Daisy (baby thereof). Too much cloneage!
Besides, what makes Baby Mario so special over any other version of Mario. Or even any other Yoshi character? Or any other Mario character? Or any Nintendo character? Or any video game character in general? Does the baby even have ballot support?
Alas, K.Rool, I knew you well... Predict 30.0%. Let's see if he can get back his #1 Want slot from Wolf.

And along these lines, I think Dixie is also due for a rerate x5

PS:
Nominations
Rerate Lana (Hyrule Warriors) x5
Lana's in the cool-down list. She can't be nominated until she's cleared off the list.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Lord
Rundas:

He appeared in one game, where he dies. At least Sylux was confirmed to have survived.

Not Ridley or Dark Samus.

Baby Mario:

Eh....

Want: 0.7%
I'd take Poochy first.

Predictions for King K. Rool: 54% Chance, 98% Want
Oh boy...

Nominate Daisy rerate x 5

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Baby Mario
There are so many characters, let alone Mario characters ahead of this one. 1% may actually be stretching it.

I hate the Mario babies. We get enough of them in Mario Kart, let's not bring them in Smash bros too.

Rundas
Chance: 3%
Not a really well known character. Could see it happening with a popularity spike though.

Want: 50%
Rundas is a good character, from a great series. I'd rather have Ridley or Weavil, but Rundas is solid too.

Predictions:
K.Rool: 90%
Still think he has a great chance. Hopefully for my prediction sake I'm not alone.

Nom nom nom: Mini Kangaroox5

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Baby Mario:

Want: .5%

Rundas:

Chance: Abstain

Nominations:
Saffron City(N64) x2
Paper Mario Theatre Stage x3

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Rundas:

A one shot character who had little impact in Metroid Prime 3's story except for his death. I simply don't see any of the hunters being playable unless they are named Sylux.

Like him, but there's many Metroid characters (even damn Mother Brain) that I'd have over him.

Baby Mario:

Chances and Want:

For starters, Baby Mario is simply another Mario that has less ballot support and he's by far the most annoying Mario characters in existence. There's a reason why he's the poster boy of the Most Annoying Sound page on TV Tropes and he can easily one for the Scrappy page for Super Mario Bros. The idea of a snot nosed brat crying 24/7 is definitely not suitable for Smash at all, which is why you only see him as nothing more than a trophy. Good thing a character like Kamek exists and he can easily be the ideal Yoshi rep that we all need (whenever he gets out of the damn boss stage status).

Predictions for King K. Rool: 55%

Nomination: Mini-Kangaroo x5

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I WAS OFF FROM AN EXACT PREDICTION BY 0.5%.

Also this is somehow the 7th time I've won the prediction game in a two month time frame.

I have insane luck.

Last edited:

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Rundas
Chance: 0.25%
Want: 30%
I'd love for a metroid character to appear as dlc nya, but it just doesn't seem likely anymore nya... ;n;

Baby Mario
I don't see the appeal of him as a playable character nya, plus his crying would hurt my ears nya...

Prediction
K.Rool: 70%
Nyaaa~ I have faith nya!

Nomination
Idolm@ster mii costumes x5
Nyaaaaa~~~

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
Day 117: Concepts - Ken Alt and FE X SMT Rep

Welcome to the new rate their chances thread. This is a reboot to the popular game played last year only this time we're focusing on DLC.

How to play
Everyday we discuss a potential DLC newcomer or concept and we rate them on how likely they are and how much we want them on a scale of 0%-100%, I also recommend writing an explanation. You also have a chance to nominate characters to rate. You will be given five nominations per day and we will rate whatever character has the most nominations at the end of the day. The nominations list can be found on CaptainAmerica's post on page one. You're also given the option of predicting what the chance score will be for the character we rate the following day, the one next in line on the the nominations chart. After we rate it the following day Smasher 101 will announce who guessed closest to the actual score, that person will win five extra nominations.

Rules
1. Characters must originate from a video game and they must have been featured on at least one Nintendo console.

2. You're allowed to debate but no flame wars.

3. Please do not discuss a character after their day has ended.

In case you're confused, here's post outline detailing what your posts will look like:

(Character being rated)
Chance: 0% - 100% (based on how likely they are of being DLC, write an explanation if you want)
Want: 0% - 100% (based on how much you want them in, write an explanation if you want)

(Character being rated tomorrow)
Prediction: 0% - 100% (remember your predicting what you think other peoples average chance scores will be, not your own)

Nominations: (Nominate the characters you want to see rated, you're given five nominations per day and you may stack multiple nominations on a single character)

If you want to look up any past rating, XenoBrawler610 has posted a directory at the bottom of this page.

Special Thanks to ShinyRegice for making a top ten chance and want chart.

TOP 10 CHANCE

TOP 10 WANT

So pretty much everyone on the list except for IC and Ridley has a chance? Not buying it. Every character can pretty much be on the top 10 list! Ridley is the 3rd most requested newcomer in the ballot! Snake has very little of a chance due to the **** Konami is in, inkling seems too new at the moment, Rayman and captain toad according to you isn't wanted(which they clearly are(at least rayman is)). That is already 3 wiped off of the highest chance board. Leaving Ridley, and whoever else is highly requested on the highest chance list! Not many people know what golden sun is except for the hardcore fans! And people are already sick of having so many sword fighters! That doesn't deconfirms Isaac, but I'm just stating that a lot of people are sick of sword fighters! Wolf will probably be added regardless of the ballot to advertise SF0 so let's see, that is at least 3-4 characters in the top 10 chance knocked off! But let me state 1 Last thing! CHANCE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BALLOT! It's a fan poll! Meaning the most requested are probably going to be chosen unless sakurai, king of bias, decides: nah that's dumb! Posts rating chances are complete garbage! Posts seeing how many people want who are aome what more reliable as that's what the ballot is recording! In the end, Sakurai might say: that character? A fighter? It doesn't fit my vision! Will people get upset that the character they wanted doesn't get in? He'll yes! Not only will they put pressure on sakurai for not delivering K.Rool or whoever else people are voting for, but those people, the fans, will be tormented by people who don't like their favorite character in smash! He is too fat! He is too big! DOES IT FREAKING MATTER!? NO, IT DOESNT! The game is still going to be what Sakurai wants no matter what he says! Oh! You wanted your favorite childhood nintendo character in smash for over 13 years? I'm sure you'll settle for a costume. Oh! You think metroid is underrepresented? Have samus without her suit and Ridley as a hazard! See? You can KO him so it's almost like he is a fighter! I'M SICK OF IT! Now I'm sure sakurai is a good guy with a ton of heart, BUT SERIOUSLY!? RIDLEY WASN'T ADDED BECAUSE HE WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO FLY AROUND FREELY! YOU KNOW WHO ELSE CAN FLY AROUND FREELY BUT DOESN'T IN SMASH? :4bowserjr:,:4charizard:, :4kirby:, :4metaknight:, and:4mewtwo:! EVERY THING SAID CONTRADICTS ITSELF! I WONDER WHY K.ROOL WASN'T ADDED IN THE MAIN GAME? Not popular? WRONG! Hasn't been relevant for years? WRONG! people love K.Rool because of the childhood memories he helped shape! Smash is a game that is supposed to demonstrate Nintendo's history at its finest! Not disregard the history that people love so that Sakurai can share HIS vision of Nintendo's history! So until I see proof that he isn't biased, that he isn't changing what people want because of his fision, I'm not going to say: Oh! This character is a shoe in because they are new, unique, etc... THIS IS FREAKING SAKURAI! THE MAN WHO GETS CRITICISM FOR NOT GIVING HIS FANS WHAT HE KNOW THEY WANT! I'll vote for whoever the hell I want! You vote for whoever the hell you want! But even if a lot of people want a character, doesn't mean that they will be added! This post is pointless!

D

Deleted member

So pretty much everyone on the list except for IC and Ridley has a chance? Not buying it. Every character can pretty much be on the top 10 list! Ridley is the 3rd most requested newcomer in the ballot! Snake has very little of a chance due to the **** Konami is in, inkling seems too new at the moment, Rayman and captain toad according to you isn't wanted(which they clearly are(at least rayman is)). That is already 3 wiped off of the highest chance board. Leaving Ridley, and whoever else is highly requested on the highest chance list! Not many people know what golden sun is except for the hardcore fans! And people are already sick of having so many sword fighters! That doesn't deconfirms Isaac, but I'm just stating that a lot of people are sick of sword fighters! Wolf will probably be added regardless of the ballot to advertise SF0 so let's see, that is at least 3-4 characters in the top 10 chance knocked off! But let me state 1 Last thing! CHANCE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BALLOT! It's a fan poll! Meaning the most requested are probably going to be chosen unless sakurai, king of bias, decides: nah that's dumb! Posts rating chances are complete garbage! Posts seeing how many people want who are aome what more reliable as that's what the ballot is recording! In the end, Sakurai might say: that character? A fighter? It doesn't fit my vision! Will people get upset that the character they wanted doesn't get in? He'll yes! Not only will they put pressure on sakurai for not delivering K.Rool or whoever else people are voting for, but those people, the fans, will be tormented by people who don't like their favorite character in smash! He is too fat! He is too big! DOES IT FREAKING MATTER!? NO, IT DOESNT! The game is still going to be what Sakurai wants no matter what he says! Oh! You wanted your favorite childhood nintendo character in smash for over 13 years? I'm sure you'll settle for a costume. Oh! You think metroid is underrepresented? Have samus without her suit and Ridley as a hazard! See? You can KO him so it's almost like he is a fighter! I'M SICK OF IT! Now I'm sure sakurai is a good guy with a ton of heart, BUT SERIOUSLY!? RIDLEY WASN'T ADDED BECAUSE HE WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO FLY AROUND FREELY! YOU KNOW WHO ELSE CAN FLY AROUND FREELY BUT DOESN'T IN SMASH? :4bowserjr:,:4charizard:, :4kirby:, :4metaknight:, and:4mewtwo:! EVERY THING SAID CONTRADICTS ITSELF! I WONDER WHY K.ROOL WASN'T ADDED IN THE MAIN GAME? Not popular? WRONG! Hasn't been relevant for years? WRONG! people love K.Rool because of the childhood memories he helped shape! Smash is a game that is supposed to demonstrate Nintendo's history at its finest! Not disregard the history that people love so that Sakurai can share HIS vision of Nintendo's history! So until I see proof that he isn't biased, that he isn't changing what people want because of his fision, I'm not going to say: Oh! This character is a shoe in because they are new, unique, etc... THIS IS FREAKING SAKURAI! THE MAN WHO GETS CRITICISM FOR NOT GIVING HIS FANS WHAT HE KNOW THEY WANT! I'll vote for whoever the hell I want! You vote for whoever the hell you want! But even if a lot of people want a character, doesn't mean that they will be added! This post is pointless!

What the Heck did i just read?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
:facepalm:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
@ TheGalaxyKnight TheGalaxyKnight , remember, these ratings were derived from the community rating. True, there will always be bias one way or the other, but the best thing is to rate characters while presenting your evidence to get a good rating.

Ridley, unlike pretty much most of the other most wanted characters, also has never been tapped for a rerate. If you think we misrated him, you are free to nominate him for a rerate.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
@ TheGalaxyKnight TheGalaxyKnight , remember, these ratings were derived from the community rating. True, there will always be bias one way or the other, but the best thing is to rate characters while presenting your evidence to get a good rating.

Ridley, unlike pretty much most of the other most wanted characters, also has never been tapped for a rerate. If you think we misrated him, you are free to nominate him for a rerate.
I agree, Ridley needs a rerate. Also, the ICs doesnt' was deconfirmed again for Sakurai?

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Rundas' chances: 0.5%

Only one game, wasn't a major part of it, not that wanted compared to the likes of Ridley, Dark Samus, and even Sylux, and two of those are already NPCs.

Not at all interested.

Baby Mario's chances: 0.5%

He's considered to be a Mario character in Smash, and in that category he is clearly outmatched.

Not at all interested. [2]

King K. Rool prediction: 60.20%

That was fast.

Nominations: Pirate Ship x5

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Got a thing or two to say about Rundas...

Rundas

Chance: 0.1%

Rundas is a pretty popular character from Corruption...That's pretty much were the positives end. He's played a very minor role in the game despite being a memorable character. He was also an early boss within the game and was killed off then, the only time you (kinda) encounter him again is in the Gandrayda battle. Couple that with the fact that Metroid Prime has almost no content within the game currently, as well as Ridley and Dark Samus being the top two Metroid 'reps' in line to join Smash. Then there's a small boost for Sylux with news of it's coming appearances in future games. Rundas may get a role as an Assist in the future, which would be cool:troll:...

----

Want: 20%
Thinking about his moveset potential he could be a 'cool' character BUT...With Dark Samus being my second most wanted character overall and the 'Big' guy not too far behind himself...I wouldn't be all that pleased seeing a relatively minor character getting in before two major villains from the franchise...I mean Rundas was overshadowed by BOTH of them in the same game despite being somewhat popular...

----

Predictions 4 teh lulz: 65.43%
King K Rool
People are freaking out about his Mii Costume...his rating may drop...

----

Nominations:
SSB4 is the last SSB x2
Pirate Ship x2
New Mii Fighter Archetype x1

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Rundus

They're very slim.

Want: 90%
He is pretty cool and I wish they had done more with him in the series.

Baby Mario

Beating up babies? Yeah didn't think that really goes hand in hand with the E10 rating.

NO! I'VE HAD ENOUGH MARIOS AND I DON"T NEED ONE THAT DOES NOTHING BUT CRY!

Predictions: King K Rool 30%

Nominations: Sturm X5.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Rundas:

Chance: 4%
Want:70%
I liked him when I rented Metroid 3.

Baby Mario

Chance: 0.1%

Prediction: King K. Rool: 61.45%

Nominations: Additional all star Stages/8+ All Star matches x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Rundas
Chance: 0% - There have been much bigger Metroid characters that have failed to become Playable. Rundas on the other hand is a rather minor character and shouldn't have much of a chance to begin with.
Want: 100% - With the Ice Climbers getting cut, the cryomaniac in me is just desperate for another ice user in SSB.

Baby Mario
Chance: 0% - Baby Mario is a character that almost no one likes. Same as King Boo, he needs to get in line behind Paper Mario, Captain Toad, Daisy, Waluigi, and Birdo.

Nominations: Smash Tour updates x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's been awhile since I had a serious rating, I want to keep it brief, I highly apologize for any rough holes if there are any. I have not argued seriously in a long time and Smash 4 DLC speculation is slowly dying on me with the lack of news. Perhaps a debate for today's rating might help me jumpstart again.
King K. Rool Chance:
10%

One of the most demanded characters in the ballot. Many have claimed that he will be in due to many factors (importance to the DK franchise, main villain, highly requested), but ended up being a Mii costume instead. The real focus on K. Rool's chances is the Mii costume.

I have said in my previous K. Rool rating that:

he may use the results for other reasons. So those rating an 80%-90% are being unrealistically optimistic about him.
Now the situation has become a reality, and K. Rool is among one of the victims of these characters being used for other reasons. There is little doubt IMO that this costume is Sakurai's response to the King K. Rool fans. The situation is really hurting King K. Rool's chances, like it or not.

I want to point out one thing and one thing only, King K. Rool being a Mii costume as Sakurai's early response is a very plausible situation. Mii costumes are very easy to make and require little development resources to create, as they
can be used to easily respond to fan requests early before the ballot if they don't find the character worth re-creating a full character out of. Among the many possible examples include Lloyd Irving (one of the most notably voted Namco Bandai characters) and Chrom. (who was voted decently because of his heartbreaking deconfirmation)

And I also want to point out, the costume being a combination of various K. Rool designs is not a point to his inclusion, with the premium DLC quote in mind:
In other words, we plan to release premium DLC (downloadable content) for Sm4sh.
It's no surprise that the development team would put a lot of effort into a costume to give fans the DLC costume to its utmost high quality. He stated before that he hates low quality DLC and he wants to give fans the best product possible. With that quality in mind, I hardly find it a favor towards his inclusion, it's more of an extra polish to the fans if you asked me.

King K. Rool being the biggest example of a ballot character being turned down to a Mii costume is a sign that Sakurai is aware of his requests, but turned him down for certain reasons. I think one of them is a common one people bring up.

I've brought up this many times and I think it's relevant to K. Rool's problem:

Characters and series that have no plans for future releases, or a low possibility of future releases, inevitably will be considered lower priority.
Personally, I think the issue is of his irrelevancy to the main DKC franchise with the recent mainline games. Yes he's relevant to the Smash community fanbase and the DKC games have come to VC, but that's not the relevancy I'm talking about. It's about him having recent consistent importance to the DKC games (In the same vein Rosalina and Bowser Jr. had consistent importance within the Mario franchise), and he has not made a major appearance in the franchise since Donkey Kong Country Returns and Tropical Freeze. Unless he gets in the new potential DKC game before the ballot is over, I think he's going to remain low priority for DLC. I think the future quote still applies, and I think it applies more than ever with the costume in mind.

It will be interesting to see how the fans reaction will affect Sakurai's overall stance on K. Rool, but I think the outcry won't change his mind. There are a lot of theories K. Rool fans have created to point out his inclusion, but I want to point out that these are just theories, not actual evidence benefiting his inclusion. After what happened with Ridley, I have 0% will to set my expectations high for the character.

Last edited:
Top Bottom