• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Samurai Goroh
Likelihood: 10%
want: 25%

Lucas
Prediction: 79%

Nominations:
Dixie Kong x5

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Samurai Goroh

Chance: 20% - He's got Sakurai's attention and is the one of the most requested newcomers from F-Zero. But F-Zero is dead.

Want: 35% - In terms of samurai, I'd rather have someone more authentic like Takamaru.

Lucas Prediction: 85% - Few people see any reason why he should leave.

Nominations:
Black Shadow x5

D

Deleted member

...I just want them to revive F-Zero guys. Is that so bad?
It's not a bad thing! I bet most of us on here would love to a revival from F-Zero! (imagine it on the Wii U!) It's just sad that lack of attention to the series has left some fans wanting for more and I think that it's sad that some potential characters are left in the dust for SSB because of the fact that F-Zero is pretty much dead.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Samurai Goroh chance - 4%

Secondary character from a franchise that hasn't done anything recently....don't see it happening. Although that didn't stop earthbound.

Want - 0%

Not an f zero fan, so I'm not familiar with him at all.

Lucas prediction - 65%

I don't think he'll be high priority, and that could cost him.

Noms:
Chibi robo x2
Robin x2
Shulk x1

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Samurai Goroh - 25%
Want - 100%

Pretty much who we're most likely going to get if Sakurai feels like an F-Zero newcomer, but the question is more of whether or not we'll get an F-Zero newcomer at all seeing as they missed the boat Pre-Brawl despite GX.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Samurai Goroh: 20%
The go-to F-Zero Newcomer. Just... we probably won't get an F-Zero newcomer...

Want: 75%
He'd be pretty darn badass.

Lucas Prediction: 74%
Pretty likely but he has some doubters...

Nominations:
Sonic x3
Snake x2

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Samurai Goroh
Likelihood: 20% As F-Zero is kind of a dying (if not dead) series, another character besides Captain Falcon is pretty unlikely. But who knows, maybe Sakurai thinks the inclusion of another F-Zero rep is long overdue.
Want: 10% Another swordsman? I'm not very convinced that he'd be an interesting addition..

Lucas: 90% I'm almost certain he'll be back (YAY!), but there are always those who doubt his return.

Nominations:
Snake x5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Samurai Goroh:
Chance: 25%
If there is anyone besides black shadow to be added from F-Zero, Its Goroh. They can definitely be repped by 2 characters, and I dont think thats a problem.
Want: 50%
Im rather indifferent.

Lucas: 82.3%
He might be likely to be cut, but there are no cuts at this point in time.

Noms:
Rayman x3
Skull kid x2

They should remake F Zero for the gamecube, have the option of an easier story, make it HD, more chars and tracks, add online. Then continue making F Zero games after this one sells a gazillion copies :p

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Samurai Goroh

Chance - 20% - Though he has the best chance of a F-Zero newcomer, getting one is iffy to me. Given that F-Zero hasn't had a game in a while, it may be hard to get a good reaction to him.

Want - 50% - Entirely dependent on how Goroh is presented. He'll either be a character worthy of sharing the same series as Captain Falcon, or a bland train wreck of a move set.

Lucas Prediction - 88% - Some doubters, but still a generally good chance.

Nominations
Roy X3
Anna X1
Lip X1

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Oh ****, I forgot to take part yesterday lol. And how the **** did I win the prediction again haha

Samurai Goroh chances: 15%. I'd say Black Shadow is the more likely F-Zero rep personally, and even he isn't really all that likely, especially considering how Nintendo has all but forgotten F-Zero even exists.
Want: 20%. I'd rather have Black Shadow personally - he has a cooler design, and one which would probably fit a lot more for a Captain Falcon clone (Which, let's face it, he'd obviously end up being) And best of all, I can finally reenact the ending to the Anime!

Lucas prediction: 85%. He's one of the most likely Veterans to be cut, at least in the eyes of the fanbase, but I don't think too many people will rate him that low.

Skull Kid X10

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Samurai Goroh
Likelihood: 25%
Want: 50% I don't like or dislike him. I wouldn't mind if he gets in.

Lucas
Prediction: 81%

Nominations:
Duck Hunt Dog x5

PS: can we nominate any video game character?

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
Chance: 15%
F-Zero is dead. However, if it's to get a rep, it would be Samurai Goroh.

Want: 10%
I don't care.

Lucas: 82.55%

x5 Chrom & Lucina

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Goroh: 22%
Lets be honest here; F-Zero is dying. The franchise hasn't had a new game in almost 10 years now and a Nintendo Land attraction just isn't enough for me to think he got a big chance. We're not getting 2 reps and that puts him in direct competition with Black Shadow. It unlikely for either of them going by this even if he's the more likely of the two.

Want: 40%
As much as I think he deserves to be in, he's outclassed by nearly every other sword user and his entire moveset would have to be made up like Captain Falcon's.

Lucas: 84%

5x Impa

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Samurai Goroh

Likelihood: 20% - He could be in, but he's from F-Zero, which is not very likely to get a new rep

Want: 60% - I would really enjoy a F-Zero rep, I think all the franchises from the original game should have 2 reps

Lucas: 95,4%

Nominations:
Blaziken x3
Primid x2

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Captain falcon confirmed as MK8 racer!
With the recent cast of characters in Mario Kart games I wouldn't be surprised if Goroh would be in MK8 too.

Goroh

Chance: 15 %
F-Zero has seen better days. With the exception of its Nintendo Land attraction and C.Falcon in Brawl we have seen nothing from this franchise since the Gamecube era.
However if Nintendo chose to revive this franchise and advertise it by giving it a new rep in Smash Goroh might be a possible contender.
Want: 10 %
Gorohs appearance in Brawl is a bit lackluster in my taste.

Lucas Prediction: 91 %

Nominations:
Robin x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Thankyou, I do try; And yeah, sadly I agree he's gonna do poorly. I think more than the 5%, but still not well. DQ isn't that well known in the west, and even in Japan the fans have more call for one of the many goo-man (couldn't resist) characters. I however am of the opinion that if Squeenix gets or makes a call (probably about a Geno AT) then Slime will be their price. But that's for another day, hopefully one not too far away, and I am interested in seeing everyone's arguments for and against him.

Also

Well Played good sir,
I approve! :)

Slime is certainly a deserving character to rate. He's definitely a tier or three above the likes of Omastar. Everyone should know who Slime is. Even so, he's not going to do well. I personally have no interest in rating him... despite the clever puns you've come up with.

And I just couldn't resist the opportunity.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Samurai Goroh

Chances: 10% Unfortunately, F-Zero is dying and all we really need is the savior of the world! Captain Falcon!:falcon:

Want: 10% Doesn't really look like he'll be anything other than a Samurai, and Takamaru, a more likely newcomer, has that covered

Lucas: 90% Mother 3 is way too good a game to cut a character slot from, and Sakurai knows this. The fact that a Japan-only released game has a following worldwide is enough to keep him

Nominations: Chibi-Robo x5

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Goroh

12% Well F-Zero isn't looking like it's going to get a new rep but Goroh would probably be the go to guy if Sakurai does decide to add one
Want: 20% He could be cool I guess :p

Lucas: 92% Well some people see him as a likely cut but when cuts aren't completely guaranteed to begin with he's in a good place

G&W x4
Omastar x1

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Look, I don't really mind if you nominate Omastar. It'll be a while before he gets enough votes to be rated. But if it gets to the point where he gets twenty nominations in a day again, I'm pulling his plug.
Well I'm not going to be able to account for that but... YOU HEAR THAT ANY BODY WHO WOULD BE INCLINED TO JOIN THE SOMEWHAT SMALL BANDWAGON? Still, fair enough :3

Groose

Smash Champion
Well I'm not going to be able to account for that but... YOU HEAR THAT ANY BODY WHO WOULD BE INCLINED TO JOIN THE SOMEWHAT SMALL BANDWAGON? Still, fair enough :3

I seem to remember the day before I banned him the last time, you tried to get a bunch of people to vote for him. He ended up getting over twenty nominations in a single day.

As it is, I still encourage you to vote for someone else. I'll still tally votes for Omastar if you do vote for him, but I suggest you don't subject us to his day yet.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I seem to remember the day before I banned him the last time, you tried to get a bunch of people to vote for him. He ended up getting over twenty nominations in a single day.

As it is, I still encourage you to vote for someone else. I'll still tally votes for Omastar if you do vote for him, but I suggest you don't subject us to his day yet.
I do not remember that, by any chance did it have to do with my quote "If all else fails vote Omastar :p" Again, I do not have a secret Omastar cult with my devoted followers at hand :p (wait... Do I?)

Groose

Smash Champion
I do not remember that, by any chance did it have to do with my quote "If all else fails vote Omastar :p" Again, I do not have a secret Omastar cult with my devoted followers at hand :p (wait... Do I?)

Around that time, I had a day with twenty Omastar votes.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Around that time, I had a day with twenty Omastar votes.
OK if it makes you feel better I'll stop making Omastar jokes XD (mother of god... Omastar's chances of having a day soon are actually LOWERED by getting a lot of votes... :crazy:) OK I understand, and I will not try to nominate omastar 10 times if I ever get extra nominations again (Wait... Weren't the nominations I got from guessing SANDBAG? :laugh:) OK moving on I guess...

Forde

Smash Cadet
I don't know who to vote.

Vote for Cloud Strife :p

Anyways, for todays:

Samurai Goroh:
Chance: 15% I really don't see another F-Zero rep getting in.
Want: 20% Pretty indiferent about him.

Prediction
Lucas: 85%

Nominations
Cloud Strife x5

Alban712

Smash Apprentice
Samurai Goroh:
Likelihood: 5% I just don't see the merit of F-Zero getting another rep when DKC has only two, Metroid 1,5, Kid Icarus 1 and many other series not even represented
Want: 25% I don't see the appeal of the character design, moveset potential or uniqueness

Lucas' prediction: 86,5% Certainly one of the veterans at risk

Nomination
Wolf x 5

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Samurai Goroh:
Likelihood 5% (100% as an assist character)
Want: 5%
I can't really think of anything unique that his character would bring to the smash scene, and there are so many main characters who have yet to appear that are more deserving of a spot on the roster.
Plus, if anyone is the Captain's nemesis it has gotta be Black Shadow. Side characters like Goroh make great assist characters.

Nominations

Chibi Robo x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Samurai Goroh
Chance: 8% - F-Zero is one of those franchises that really only have a single star character, in this case: Captain Falcon. Every other character in F-Zero is just filler. They may have back stories, but it would not effect the franchise in any way is they were cut out since they don't connect to the game.
Want: 7% - He's not welcome here.

Lucas prediction: 91%

Nominations: Professor Layton x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Samurai Goroh: 21% He is by probably the most likely F-Zero rep but the thing is I do not think he is all that popular and I also don't think that nintendo feels about an F-Zero rep.
Want: 10% Meh...

Lucas: 97%

x5 Chancellor Cole

I think that instead of prohibiting troll nominations you should just cut them in half rounded down so that people can still chose whoever they want but it will not be as likely for people to just throw out random things/try to troll everyone.
An example someone votes x5 omastar so it only counts as x2 or you could just do x4 omastar and x1 someone serious with nearly the same outcome but round down to prevent people from x1 5 troll nominations.

AfricanSanta

Smash Cadet
Samurai Goroh
Chance- 5%- F-Zero doesn't seem to have much of a future; its last game was in 2004 (2003 in the U.S.) and Nintendo said they aren't planning to make another one. There's really more series that need reps other than F-Zero.
Want- 10%- I don't really care about him.

Lucas Prediction- 94%

Nominations:
Genesect x3
Mallo x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom