• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Karate Joe's chances: 10%
Want: 60% - Rhythm Heaven is one of my favorite DS games. I wouldn't oppose it getting a rep.

Ridley's chances: 75%
Want: 100%

Samurai Goroh prediction: 20%

Falco x5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Karate joe: 30% popularish new series, but there could be a different rep.
Want 60%

Ridley: 85%
want: 90%

Goroh: 32.7%

Noms:
Kamek x4
Fawful x1

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Karate Joe:

Chance: 30%
Not to sure about him, I mean, I heard his rythm games are somewhat popular.. But I go with 30% since they are still somewhat relevant, right?
What brings him down a bit is how Sakurai might consider local japanese fight styles to be bland and un-interesting, even though he could create something rythmic based with it and make it better.

Want: 15%
What about Ouendan for Rythmic games representatives? Or the Elite Beat Agents? I personally believe those are good choices too. Or Tempo from Game Freaks Harmoknight game. Karate Joe has quite a lot of competition if you ask me.
But a small part of me wants him since I've practiced karate most of my life. :) So I would at least try him out.

-----

Ridley:
Chance: 65%
I think he's likely, at least slightly more than before since he was TWO boss battles in Brawl, meaning Sakurai at least aknowledges his importance, and him already being involved in the SSB universe.
There's also the fact that Sakurai is no longer worried about size issues, and he can be easily rescaled.

Want: 30%
It's not a character I'd play as, but it's a character I would LOVE to fight against.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Karate Joe
Chance: 23% - I'm not sure how popular Rhythm Heaven is, but he seems like he has potential
Want: 25% - I don't know anything about him. :(

Ridley
Chance: 88% - Because everyone wants him in.
Want: 64% - I probably wouldn't use much, but he'd be a cool edition nevertheless.

Samurai Goroh Prediction: 10%

Nominations: Professor Layton x5.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Karate Joe

Popularity: Rhythm Heaven sells well in Japan, but is not very well-known in the US. Karate Joe is very low on Western Smash fans' lists. Chronobound didn't notice any significant mentions of him among Japanese fans either.

Relevancy: He's one of the most recurring characters in his series. His series is not heavily focused on any one character though and is a collection of mini-games mostly. That kind of game doesn't cry out for a rep in the way that a series like Golden Sun or Punch-Out does. It seems a bit like Wario Ware in that way.

Design: He looks boring. That is, his appearance is boring. They already added a not very colorful white character (Wii Fit Trainer). As far as move set, well, he does karate. He can incorporate the things he hits in the games. To truly reflect his games, you would have to be rhythmic in your moves, but I don't think that's a good fit for Smash Bros really. But there's enough potential there.

Roster and competition: Well, there are apparently other Rhythm Heaven characters that are similarly prominent. Some other characters seem to be much more prominent in promotional materials. The US website for Rhythm Heaven doesn't seem to have Karate Joe anywhere, for example. There are also other rhythm/music games to consider. I don't see them putting in a rep for Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents and a Rhythm Heaven character...

Karate Joe chances: 3%
His fan desire doesn't get on the charts for Smash fans in the West or Japan, and his series is mostly popular in Japan. There are a lot of other series that I think are more deserving and whose characters are more wanted. Also, even if Rhythm Heaven gets a rep, I don't have any reason to think Karate Joe is more likely than not to be it. Not even sure he's the most likely Rhythm Heaven character. Rhythm Heaven doesn't seem like a likely new series, so there's not a whole lot to split between characters, but I'll give Karate Joe about a third of that chance.

Karate Joe want: 20%
I'd be fairly annoyed if he got in over other characters I want more that aren't simple drawings from a rhythm mini-game series. He'd be good as an AT. Rhythm Heaven seems like it should get a stage and/or some music though.

Ridley - didn't do much for him the first time, so

Popularity: Possibly the most wanted newcomer by Western fans, and while Metroid's not nearly as popular in Japan, they recognize his popularity.

Relevancy: He's the most recurring villain in the Metroid series and Samus's true nemesis. Sakurai recognized him by first thinking to make him an AT, and then giving him two boss fights in the SSE.

Design: Ok, here's the "too big" part. Ridley is lanky and oddly shaped, making him more difficult to model and animate than many other characters. If Sakurai decides to add him, he will have to be shrunk down. To prevent him from becoming too small, they can use his hunched over posture and such - but that makes him more complicated. I don't think Ridley is too big to be doable, but I do think that figuring out what size to make Ridley and what his posture and such should be does make him more complicated to create than other characters, which hurts his chances somewhat. That said, I've seen plenty of pictures that look like a good ratio and good posture for Ridley.

As far as move set, Ridley has plenty enough with fireballs, air grabs, tail swipes and the like.

Roster and Competition: He'd give Metroid a second slot, which I think it fully deserves. He's also really the second most important character in the series and so the most natural choice IMO for that second slot. The only reason to pick someone else is based on design problems with Ridley, not based on importance or popularity.

Sakurai comments: Well, he's said it would be hard, but possible to do Ridley, but that he might be slow. The appearance of the Villager (and WFT) suggests that Sakurai is willing to reevaluate things he said before about how possible characters are. He knows how much we want him.

Ridley chances: 70%
The strongest argument in favor of Ridley is his very high popularity in the West, and the fact that Metroid deserves a true second slot. But I can't see him as more likely than K Rool, who is among the most wanted in both the West and Japan, from an underrepresented series that's a blockbuster seller, and easier to design. Ridley would be less likely than K Rool even without the potential design problems. And while Sakurai's comments about him are ambiguous, they're more negative than positive.

In the end I give the edge to Ridley being the most (or tied for most) wanted character in the West, and I think he's a bit more likely than not. Our collective rating last time seems close to the right number. I'm giving him a lower number this time because of thinking more about the competition and his design issues since then.

Ridley want: 100%
For me, it's pretty much Mega Man, Ridley, K Rool and Simon Belmont that top my wanted newcomers (might be obvious from my signature and avatar). Fortunately I've already got one down.

Samurai Goroh prediction: 27%
F-Zero is not guaranteed a new rep. Goroh's not that much more popular than Black Shadow in the West (and is significantly less popular in Japan). Not sure how he'll do compared to his fellow AT, Starfy. I'll guess somewhere around there.

Nominations:
Mike Jones x5

Karate Joe
Likelihood: He doesn't have a chance in hell. 35%
You must think hell is not so bad.

Also, Groose, for F-Zero, have you ever heard this megamix?

F-Zero Megamix part 1 and part 2 by bLiNd

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Karate Joe's Chance: 40%
I never heard of the guy or his series prior to reading an analysis by Smashchu. I found the analysis particular convincing so I thought I wanted to see how everyone else felt about the character. His series seems very popular in Japan, and he's done fairly well over here. He's not as heavily requested because he's a non-combatant character in a non-combatant game.
Karate Joe Want: 80%
Never played his game but he seems like a fun dude. Has a cool name.

Ridley's Chances: 50%
I don't think his popularity itself will be too much of a factor, but his relative popularity (i.e. he's more popular than other newcomers) could help him to some degree. The lack of love for Metroid overseas definitely hurts him. The Metroid series could use another rep, but so could Yoshi or Wario. In terms of sales, those series are bigger than Metroid, although they are not more prominent in Nintendo's eyes. But what I think hurts him most is Sakurai's comments against adding him in Brawl:
"I think that would probably be pretty impossible. [Laughs] If we had put our best efforts into it, we may have been able to do it. But he might have been a little slow. Would that be all right?"
I don't make a Ridley prediction unless I significantly undersize the roster, in the same way another Pokemon trainer would give them less development time for other characters. I would not predict Ridley for a 45 character slot roster, but I would put him in for 40 character slot roster. So I think based on Sakurai's comments that Ridley would take a great deal of time to implement. I don't think it's due to size necessarily. I think it's because they would not want to include him if he was not true to his in-game mechanics. So it's all a matter of Sakurai's choice in terms of how/if he wants to add the character.

Ridley Want: 90% He's a character I would love to fight against. As long as his development does not take time out of other possible characters (which we would probably never know). Metroid could use another rep, and Ridley would be a cool addition.

Samurai Goroh: 27.36%

Nominations: Robin (Fire Emblem) x 5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Karate Joe

Chance - 37% - I can say that a stage or assist trophy is almost inevitable for Rhythm Heaven. A character, though, is a bit more difficult to see. The series lacks what could be considered either a mascot or main character, but Karate Joe does seem to have to it, I'd think. I won't be surprised if he did make it, but I just don't think it likely.

Want - 80% -
I don't believe it's true
But I see you, oh
What can I do?
I wish he could be close;
Close enough to have a chance for once.
No! I won't let him gooo~!

Err... sorry about that. Couldn't resist. Dang it, the music's catchy, sue me. Anyway...

I'm all for having a Rhythm Heaven character, and he would be my choice. I looked at several other candidates (Marshal, Wrestler X, the Tap Trial/Title Screen girl, those monkeys), but I seem to have an easier time adapting moves from throughout the series to Karate Joe rather than anyone else. A rhythm based character is inherently interesting, and the wacky/strange/very Japanese series seems to fit Smash like a glove.

Ridley

Chance - 96% - I only consider Mewtwo higher than him. He's close to being a shoo-in.

Want - 99% - Like before, I'm only removing a point because he might get the Other M look, which needs a bit of work.

Samurai Goroh - 19% - While the most likely in terms of more F-Zero charaters, he suffers from not having a new game in ages. A lot of pessimism here.

Nominations
Anna X3
Lip X1
Chibi-Robo X1

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Karate Joe
Likelihood: 10% I know the series is pretty popular, but I don't it's enough to warrant a playable character.
Want: 3% Not too familiar with the series, but there are so many other characters who deserve a spot before him. Plus, I'm not really sure what his moveset would be like, but IMO it seems like he'd be kind of bland (again, I don't know much about the series though).

Ridley
Likelihood: 85% I would not be surprised at all if he got in, and in all honesty, if anyone deserves a spot, it's this guy.
Want: 95% I've never played any Metroid games, but Ridley just screams Smash. He's just so bad***-looking and I'm sure Sakurai would have no problem making him a great fighter.

Samurai Goroh: 20% I doubt F-Zero will get a new character, but Goroh and Black Shadow have the best chance.

Nominations:
Snake x5

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Karate Joe
Likelihood: ???% - Like... WHO IS HE SOMEONE HELP!!!

*a short Google search later*

Oh... ok, now that I'm a bit more oriented...
Likelihood: 5% - Rhythm Heaven doesn't really warrant a character, though several references to it could appear in the game without having a playable character representing it, kinda like Animal Crossing in Brawl.
Want: 10% - I don't know if it'd the character himself or the statement above, but I just don't see him happening. Though, to be fair, a rhythm-based combat mechanic might be interesting to see...

Ridley
Likelihood: 80% - At this point, he's pretty much guaranteed to appear. Really, he's kinda the most wanted, requested and likely character there is.
Want: 100% - YES.

Samurai Goroh
Prediction: 15% - Eh. He's something, I guess.

Nominations
Genesect x5

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Abstaining from Karate Joe

Ridley:

Chances: 85% To put it briefly, he's very wanted, popular and plays a large role within the Metroid mythos. Overall, he'd be an excellent candidate for the game.

Want: 100% Has been my most wanted newcomer since Brawl, he's a character I loved ever since battling him in Fusion and I'd like to finally be able to battle with him in the Smash series.

Yams

Smash Journeyman
Karate Joe
Likelihood: 9% I think he gets beat out by other misc characters.
Want: 0% Never played Rhythm Heaven

Ridley:
Likelihood: 90% There's no reason Ridley should be left out at this point.
Want: 100% Should have been in melee, should have been in brawl.

Samurai Goroh: 20%

Duck Hunt Dog x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Karate Joe:
Chance: 12%
Going to be slightly generous here. Karate Joe DOES rep a new IP which I am all for, but I'm not sue if he's going to get in over other new IPs. Also even from his own series there's a few contenders; such as the Beat Girl and Marshall.

Want: 56%
Even though I've not played a Rhythm Heaven game yet, the series looks insanely fun. I do want some kind of rep, but out of the three options for the games rep I'm afraid I slightly prefer the look of the other two. Still giving a high-ish want rating though because I do think this series needs representation in some form.

Ridley:Chance: 88%
Ridley probably does have one of the greatest chances of getting in the game; Metroid is already an established series in Smash community, and for some reason has only had one rep for three games(okay two if you count Zero Suit Samus) despite multiple recent games and being a successful ressurected franchise. Of that series no one else comes close to importance, relevence, or popularity as Ridley.

Want: 79%
I've never really cared much for Ridley, but I can sympathise with the supporters having been in a similar situation with wanting a character in since Smash 64 and missing out twice. I've not played that much Metroid myself(a bit of Prime is basically all my experience with Samus outside of Smash) so personally not invested as much as 99% of this board. I still think he should be included though, before everyone lynches me for a non perfect 100% want.

Samurai Goroh: 19%

Nominate:
Meowth X 3
Duck Hunt Dog X 2

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Karate Joe: 40%
Pretty neat character, and Rythym Heaven is pretty popular in Japan.

Want: 70%
Always up for showcasing different Nintendo genres in Smash.

Ridley: 65%
I think Sakurai is aware of how popular this guy is.

Want: 50%
Neutral

Nomz: 5x Mach Rider

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Karate Joe

Likelihood: 10% - He could make an appearence, but I don't think he's that likely as a playable character

Want: 15% - Would be really bummed if he took the spot of a better character

Ridley

Likelihood: 60% - Contrary to popular belief, I don't see Ridley as a lock - He's probable, but not guaranteed in any way

Want: 70% - He's like a Charizard, but cooler.

Samurai Goroh: 23%

Nominations:
Blaziken x3
Primid x2

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Karate Joe
Chance: 20%
I mean the RH is kind of popular so this is the rep for it. However it isn't really likely for this series to get a rep.

Want: 10%
He is... ok... I guess.

Ridley
Chance: 89%
He is obviously the next rep for Metroid. In addition he has wide popularity all over the world. The question is: Will Metroid get another rep?

Not one of my favorites but he still would be really cool.

Prediction for Goroh: 18.67%

Nominations
Sylveon x5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Copy pasting my Ridley post from before, since nothing has really changed since then. I think my posts have been getting longer...

Karate Joe - 5%
So yeah, Rhythm Heaven is a very new, rather popular series from Nintendo. Like, not super popular, but it's done pretty well for itself. Of any recurring character from the games, Karate Joe probably makes the most sense as a fighter. So why so low? Simple: assist trophies. He (and Rhythm Heaven in heaven) feels perfect for a new assist trophy, and after Villager and WFT, SSB4 already feels like it's running a bit high on weird characters from unrepresented franchises. Assuming the series's popularity holds up, he stands a decent chance of promotion come SSB5, but for the moment I think he maintains a minor role.
Want - 25% - Could be a fun oddity, but I'd rather have a few more "normal" characters within the newcomer ranks at the moment.

Ridley - 90%
He may not be a lock for the roster, but of any prospective character, Ridley's gotta have the best chance. He's the most iconic Metroid character behind Samus, the franchise is underrepresented in Smash, he's appeared in every Smash game so far increasing in importance each time (background character to intro movie to story boss), and he's heavily requested by fans at the very least in the US. You can argue he's too big or whatever else, and considering his popularity its a bit worrying he has yet to be included, but it feels like SSB4 is his best chance yet.
Want - 40% - I tend to like the slower characters, but Ridley doesn't really excite me personally. Would be neat to see him playable in any case.

Samurai Goroh Prediction - 15%
On second thought, I like that 15%. I don't think he's happening, many others see him as plausible, rating ends up kinda meh.

Nominations
Sonic x5

Primid

Smash Apprentice
KARATE JOE

Likelihood: 6% He represents a fairly popular series, but I don't think the Rhythm Heaven games are worthy of a fighter. A stage, music, or trophies would be better ways for the series to be incorporated into Smash.
Want: 3% Ehhhh...Not to keen on him being playable. Like I stated above, a stage, music, or trophies is a more fitting way for the series to be represented.

RIDLEY

Likelihood: 80% I think this guy has a very good chance of joining. People have been supporting his inclusion for a while now, and Sakurai is aware of his popularity. This may be his big chance for an entrance.
Want: 96% This guy is epic and really deserves a spot. Metroid is worthy of more representation and Ridley is perfect. He'd be a great addition in my opinion.

Nominations:
Porky x3
Rayman x2

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Karate Joe
Before I start, I really encourage everyone to look at the music section. Seriously, whatever his chances, you WANT his song in this game.

Moving on,
Chances 4%
I personally have been swayed by others that Rhythm Heaven is one of the more interesting recent Nintendo franchises and, easily, has the most potential to deliver something truly unique.
However, if it were to be a character, I'd very much prefer the Rhythm Heaven girl that appears as a guide in all games, mostly because her thread just has fantastic moveset ideas that would honor the entire series, whereas Karate Joe really is limited by the fact every iteration of his game is very similar in nature.
So between relatively low chances for a Rhythm Heaven character and his limited space within his series, I came to such a low score for him.
Also, I want to note that as much as I would LOVE Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan in the game to show off Nintendo's music game history, the reality is that Rhythm Heaven has really stood out more as a series with three games in three consoles.

Want 30%
I'd really love to see Rhythm Heaven get a character, however unlikely. However, if that were the case, I'd want to the the Rhythm girl instead. I like her design more (much more colorful) and really am convinced of her moveset potential.

Ridley
Chances 80%
Not a shoe in to me like, say, Little Mac, but easily one of the most likely. Namely because of the fact that now more than ever, Sakurai should be aware of just how wanted he is and he should know that we know he knows. He should also know that it's a situation in which, were he to NOT include Ridley, or make him a boss again, it would be like a slap to the face to a lot of the fans and possibly alienate a lot of them. And then there was his recent miiverse post about how the characters aren't to scale ... I'm hoping that was an inside hint.
At the least, I expect Sakurai to try making a moveset for him and consider his role in Smash as a playable character. And from there I truly hope it becomes a reality.

Want 100%
He's third in my most wanted list, only below Little Mac and Palutena. Wanted him badly in Brawl, and that didn't happen ... so now's the time.

Samurai Goroh
Prediction - 18.7% He should be likely, but I think the percentages will go low due to fans slowly acknowledging just how dead the F-Zero franchise is right now. Unless at some point they announce a new F-Zero game (unlikely) for 2015 though; then I feel his chances will skyrocket.

Nominations
x5 Porky Minch

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Karate Joe likelihood: 6%
He arguably isn't even that important in Rhythm Heaven. Plus, if he were to use attacks from minigames other than his own, could we really call him KARATE Joe? He'd be no more deserving of a spot than that wrestler guy, the girl interviewing the wrestler guy, or that monkey that shows up in all of those minigames.

Want: 2.5%
If it were up to me, I'd choose the Wrestler.

Ridley likelihood: 65%
Hoo boy. The thing about Ridley is that there's plenty of arguments both for and against his inclusion, so it's difficult to guess how likely he is.

Ridley want: 80%
I'm down with it.

Samurai Goroh: 11.4%

Nominate:
Lucina x4
Quote x1

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
My turn!

Karate Joe

Likelyhood - 1%

...Who?
Okay, Rhythm Heaven is well known enough as one of Nintendo's newer series. But this just seems like a character being brought to discussion because he knows Karate. The roster should be reserved for All-Star characters (e.g. Mario, Link, Pikachu), characters highly synonymous with all-star series (e.g. Ike, Lucario, Villager) , or characters that can confidently represent particular eras of Nintendo (Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, R.O.B., Wii Fit Trainer). The closest category this Karate Joe fits in is "synonymous with all-star series". And by the looks of it, hardly anybody thought "Rhythm Heaven" when they saw this guy. I certainly didn't. Heck, I couldn't even call Rhythm Heaven an all-star series. I wouldn't say that's a prerequisite, but that has to be considered.

Unless Sakurai is being even crazier than when he decided Wii Fit Trainer would be on the roster, Karate Joe ain't happening as a playable character. I wouldn't even be sure he'd be an Assist Trophy.

Want - 1%

Didn't know who he was when I saw him, didn't interest me in the slightest, would not thrill me one bit if he was playable. WFT annoyed me to no end when I found out she was in, but I can tolerate her now. Unless Sakurai game Karate Joe one wild moveset, I can't imagine tolerating him like I do WFT. This should be a 0%, but as I was typing this I thought of an idea where Karate Joe's attacks must be performed at a rhythm in order to bring the most success. This concept is interesting, so Joe gets a very generous 1%.

Ridley

Likelyhood - 52%

I've posted on the GameFAQs Rate Their Chances topic about Ridley. Can't remember it verbatim, but basically the amount of situations that both help and hinder Ridley's chances pretty much cancel each other out. He might be too big, but he could be adjusted to fit and retain a plausibly large size. He might be too proportionately awkward, but his model has been shown to be very human-like aside from his head and neck. Meanwhile characters like Charizard and Ivysaur were playable. Sakurai made that "Pretty Impossible" statement, but it was contradicted immediately afterward. Now this is my opinion, but I do believe that thinking of stuff while speaking is part of Sakurai's personality. This fits in line with the contradiction that occurred in the statement. What this alludes to is that the statement showed that there was no sign of premeditation regarding the subject. The statement honestly ought to be discarded as far as I'm concerned.

This goes on and on. Ultimately this leads me to place Ridley's likelyhood at an even 50%. Afterward, he gets 1% for very likely being the most popular pick among Western fans. Due to Metroid's lack of popularity in Japan however, I can't go any higher. Now recently Sakurai's acknowledgement of character canon sizes while yet contrasting that data with a particular picture from SSB4, I have to believe that Sakurai really doesn't put that much stock value in size relations. At least among characters of different series. And if Pokemon means anything, even characters related to each other can be subjected to liberal proportions. Henceforth, Ridley's likelyhood for me has increased from 51% to a WHOPPING 52%. WOO-HOO!!

...I'd love to say 70% or 95%, but just can't. :(

Want - 100%

Sorry, but it would be rude of me to extend the length of this entire thread page by adding an extra million zeros.

One of my most favorite video game characters. I have a science textbook from 6th or 7th grade that has a drawing of Samus fighting Ridley (stick figure versions :p).

Assist Trophy is not enough. A boss battle was not enough (Plus I've done that before already. Plus it was mediocre). A stage hazard will never be enough. Playable Ridley. I want to BE Ridley! It's practically a dream now! DO EET SAKURAI!!!!!!!

Samurai Goroh

Prediction - 65%

Don't have much to say about this. I think hope for him is waning a bit. He also has solid competition in Black Shadow.

Forde

Smash Cadet
Karate Joe

Chances 5% Really unaware of who this character is.
Want 5% I would prefer other newcomers, such as...

Ridley.

Chances 55% He really deserves a spot in the game, as he is one of the characters that reappears throughout the majority of the Metroid series. Also, Metroid really needs another rep, as the series really deserves it, even if Other M was a piece of garbage.

Want 100% I've wanted this character back before Brawl was released, every forum I was on for that I tried to advocate for Ridley, and was really disappointed when he was only a SSE boss.

Samurai Goroh Prediction 45%

Nominations
Cloud Strife x5

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Karate Joe: 12%
I don't think he's happening but Rhythm Heaven is pretty big. You never know.

Want: 67%
He'd be cool! I'd be down for him.

RIDLEY: 85%
He's among the most likely, but not a shoe in. Hopefully we get him this time.

Most wanted newcomer by far.

Samurai Goroh Prediction: 33%
He's got a decent shot, and he's F-Zero's prime choice for a new character but... will F-Zero get a new character?

Nomination:
Sonic x3
Snake x2

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Karate Joe Chances: 10%
I have heard of Rythem Heaven and it got a 3DS puzzle. Beyond that I do not know about this series nor Karate Joe.

Karate Joe Want: 4%
Seems like he would be interesting,but I'd prefer Dillon or Shulk for a new series rep.

Ridley's Chances: 90%
One of,if not the most wanted newcomers. Can be resized without much trouble. Popular and epic.

Ridley's Want: 100%
Epic space dragon,yeah I want him.

Samurai Goroh: 30%

Nominations
Genesect x5

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Karate Joe: 5%
I haven't really heard of him. While Sakurai might throw us a curve ball with a Rhythm Heaven rep, I doubt it.

Want: 13%
Eh he doesn't look or seem that interesting.

Ridley: 50%
He would make a great antagonist and would be another rep for the Metroid roster. He's pretty much the most important Nintendo character that isn't already in the game aside from certain Mario characters, but Mario is already a sufficiently represented franchise. And man does he have some popularity. Not as much so in Japan, but allegedly their forums even acknowledge his popularity in the west. All that said, I just don't think Sakurai seems him as a playable character. Sakurai has acknowledged that he could do it, but he has never seemed keen on it, and the fact that Ridley has missed the boat twice already, leads me to believe Sakurai just doesn't see our vision.

Ridley Want: 100% He is my most wanted character. Not only would it fulfill my desire to have Ridley playable in some form in some game, but it would give Metroid the additional rep it deserves and add an interesting play style.

Samurai Goroh Prediction: 19% Eh another F-Zero rep isn't exactly likely but a surprising number of people seem to support him.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Karate joe:
Chances 15%: well i basically dont know anything about him, and something tells me almost nobody else does too, and even though I hear his games sell well in japan, his series consists of mini games, and is not centric around that character.
Want 5%: so many other characters

Ridley:
Chance 60%: who knows what goes through the mind of sakurai
Want 100%: Of course, who doesnt want him?

Samurai Goroh
25%
Nominations;
Bomberman x5

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
Karate Joe
Chance: 12%
The popularity of his series gives him power, but I think Sakurai would choose Marshal or the girl in red simply because they're unconventional fighters. I recall Sakurai prefers nonfighters this time.
Want: 60%
I think he's quite cool, and even though I never played his games I've seen them being played. I'd like him very much.

Ridley
Chance: 49%
I know he's among the last all-stars, but he's just not someone I see Sakurai wanting. Metroid isn't very popular in Japan, either. However, he is probably among the most requested here, so I'd say his chances are a little less than half.
Want: 50%
I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

Samurai Goroh: 27.82%

x5 Chrom & Lucina
Can I do this? It's reasonable because pairing up is a thing in Awakening and it makes for a unique fighter. If not, x5 Tom Nook.

Groose

Smash Champion
Also, Groose, for F-Zero, have you ever heard this megamix?

F-Zero Megamix part 1 and part 2 by bLiNd
I have not. When it comes to F-Zero, I think the Gamecube era just perfected the series' music. If the track wasn't perfect in GX, it was perfect in Melee. I've never really looked through any remixes of the series; they always just underwhelm me. Nonetheless, I will incorporate it alongside the section I have planned. :pimp:

hey goose, can you add Isaac's battle theme to Isaac's music?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFMc40qxJK4
Gimme five and it'll be done.

calling groose goose was an inside joke...but now it's not, thanks to you.
Jerk.
Erm... what?

Honk honk.
NOOOO! That image is an insult to the Groosenator. I'll fix it for you!

Picture1.jpg

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
So I know you said you have a half dozen tracks planned for Goroh already, but since GX is a personal favorite and there's no other F-Zero characters even nominated, I'm going to mention a few tracks anyway:

Thematic to Goroh:
Samurai Goroh (His GX personal theme)
Red Canyon Theme (His GX story chapter theme)

Awesome Non-Goroh F-Zero Music:
ZEN (Aeropolis) (GX)
Planet Colors (Green Plant) (GX)
One Ahead System (Cosmo Terminal) (GX)
DIZZY (Phantom Road) (GX)
Devil's Forest (Devil Call In Your Heart) (X)
Fire Field (Brawl)

Alright, cutting myself off before I just keep rattling off random GX tracks. Man, that soundtrack is great.

Also, now that I think about it, how hasn't Black Shadow been nominated yet? He's the ideal candidate for the franchise considering the infamous Ganondorf clone moveset and his popularity in Japan, not to mention that he's the main antagonist of the series. Maybe that should be my next nomination project after Sonic...

Groose

Smash Champion
So I know you said you have a half dozen tracks planned for Goroh already, but since GX is a personal favorite and there's no other F-Zero characters even nominated, I'm going to mention a few tracks anyway:

Thematic to Goroh:
Samurai Goroh (His GX personal theme)
Red Canyon Theme (His GX story chapter theme)

Awesome Non-Goroh F-Zero Music:
ZEN (Aeropolis) (GX)
Planet Colors (Green Plant) (GX)
One Ahead System (Cosmo Terminal) (GX)
DIZZY (Phantom Road) (GX)
Devil's Forest (Devil Call In Your Heart) (X)
Fire Field (Brawl)

Alright, cutting myself off before I just keep rattling off random GX tracks. Man, that soundtrack is great.

Also, now that I think about it, how hasn't Black Shadow been nominated yet? He's the ideal candidate for the franchise considering the infamous Ganondorf clone moveset and his popularity in Japan, not to mention that he's the main antagonist of the series. Maybe that should be my next nomination project after Sonic...

Hah, I was just working on compiling my music for tomorrow. Samurai Goroh's theme, Red Canyon Theme, Fire Field (Brawl), and ZEN (Aeropolis) were some of the ones I had plans. Thanks for digging up the links for me, though. I'll include them all.... tomorrow's section will be a blast.

I've actually been listening to Goroh's Theme for the last half hour... it's got me so pumped!

And no... no nominations for Shadow thus far. I don't expect we'll get to him for another month or so.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Karate Joe
Chance: 2%
Want: 5%

Ridley
Chance: 50%

Samaria Goroh
Prediction: 21%

Nominations
x5 Chancellor Cole

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Karate Joe: 8%
I would put him at around a 25% but he has competition from his own series as well as not being a well known character.

Want: 2%
Looks uninteresting to me.

Ridley: 67%

Samurai Goroh: 34%

5x Impa

Groose

Smash Champion
Karate Joe:
Likelihood: 30%
Want: 20%
Again, it's another face on the roster I've never heard of.
I wouldn't worry about that. He's not a big name, especially in the west. For the last few days, we've had mainly Japanese-centric characters.

Tomorrow, though... we have Captain Falcon's nemesis Samurai Goroh. Hopefully you've heard of him, as he's one of the bigger names left to vote on :p

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Karate Joe

Chance: 10% - Doesn't seem likely to me.

Want: 10% - Doesn't seem interesting to me either.

Ridley

Chance: 45% - I was doubtful before and I still am. Same score as before.

Want: 50% - I was neutral before and I still am. Same score as before.

Samurai Goroh Prediction: 19% - Has the dubious distinction of the first assist trophy introduced. That in addition to a strong lack of attention to the F-Zero series from Nintendo has left a serious scar in the hearts of many.

Nominations:
Bomberman x5

MattX20

Smash Hero
Karate Joe: 20%
I can definitely see him as a decent candidate for an Assist Trophy, but not so much as a playable character.
Want: 5%

Ridley: 60%
Ridley is without a doubt the most requested Nintendo character among Western Smash fans. I think he has a decent chance, but I worry about them using the Other M design over the more traditional look seen in Brawl.

Samurai Goroh: 15%

Noms:
Captain Syrup X5

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
I wouldn't worry about that. He's not a big name, especially in the west. For the last few days, we've had mainly Japanese-centric characters.

Tomorrow, though... we have Captain Falcon's nemesis Samurai Goroh. Hopefully you've heard of him, as he's one of the bigger names left to vote on :p
Of course I've heard of Samurai Goroh. :laugh:
Its just if I've never heard of a character, I don't know how to react towards him/her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom