• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Excitebiker: 1.4%
IF slime, an absolute legend, can't get over the body shape thing on this board, then I don't see how a wheeley popping biker who's stuck to his mode of transport, from a discontinued game, can.

Aeron:

Chance: 0%
Xenoblade is the game that got popular, and in Japan he didn't even have direct competition in that department.

Want: 30%
Not a terrible game, but I bought it around the same time I got Nier, and that game wipes the floor with the meat packing Wii adventure, so sadly never developed a bond with the character. That said, I actually think Pandora's Tower was better than Xenoblade, or at least more interesting; less generic combat more atmospheric and far more fun to play (AI controlled party members is one of the worst things to happen to jRPGs). The reasons I support shulk more however is because more people like his games, and the stage will look friggin' amazing.

Yoshi Overhaul:

Chance: 6%
This is basically only for a special move change, stuff like Yarn or Baby carrying would be a decimal. Changing a character too drastically would put off his mains, thus Ganon's (too) slow change, but there could be some notable special changes which casuals would pick up on; I just on't see them likely.

Want: 0%
Yoshi's cool as is, he only really needs his shield sorting and he's a decent character, and given that the shield mechanics look to have changed a lot in 4 I see that as likely anyway. Tweaks should happen mind, to suit the game and balance him properly; just nothing too huge.

Slime*5
(For the plop generic jRPG pick, goo should look no further!)

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
The steel/rock type, ARON!...What's that, we're rating Aeron? Oh.
Chance/Want: Abstain again.
Sorry, but I haven't Pandora's Tower yet and know next to nothing about it. Maybe someday I will, but not today.

Yoshi overhaul
Chance: 3%
No Yarn Yoshi, no Baby Mario, but maybe some moveset changes here and there. It could happen, I mean, look at what they did to Pit and Bowser! Even then it's still pretty unlikely to happen, I mean, look at what they didn't do to Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu and pretty much every other veteran revealed so far! Yoshi honestly doesn't have many potential moves outside of what he has now, so an overhaul seems a little unnecessary.
Want: 10%
Again, Yoshi's moveset is pretty much perfect right now, but I wouldn't mind them changing his side special. I don't really like eggroll that much tbh.

Excitebiker re-prediction: 2.68%
Meh...

Nominations:
Banjo-Kazooie X5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Aeron
Likelihood: 9%
His situation can be summarized in what YoshiandToad said: he's overshadowed by the Incredible Shulk. (Someone should make a fanart, really. :laugh:)

Want: 11%
I'm not really against his inclusion, as he's a bit interesting (He uses a chain, right?).

Substantial Yoshi Changes.
Eh, I don't see it happening. Yoshi's moveset has been largely unchanged since Melee, and unlike Bowser, his moveset wasn't bad enough for Sakurai to take note.

Want: 55%
I don't main Yoshi, so I'm mostly indifferent about it. But it might make me want to try him out.

Excitebiker prediction: 9%
Mach Rider is a better choice, imo.

Tingle, Tingle, Kooloo Limpah! x 5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Eh, I don't see it happening. Yoshi's moveset has been largely unchanged since Melee, and unlike Bowser, his moveset wasn't bad enough for Sakurai to take note.

I don't think it's just about balancing; in general Bowser has become more upright since melee, but particularly since brawl went into development, it would be a poor indication of the character to keep him hunched over now-a-days, balancing his speed just made sense with the stance change. Yoshi however is still Yoshi, even if he's being ridden by someone his abilities remain pretty much the same underneath, and haven't really changed that much since 64.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Oh my, we got to my concept already...and Yoshi didn't get revealed yet! Hoorah!

Aeron
Chance: 15%
Pandora's Tower is actually the only part of Operation Rainfall I've seen for sale in my hometown, yet I have foolishly never bought it seeing as it was also one of the most expensive games for the Wii I'd ever seen. It's a shame, but I don't think Aeron's as well known as Xenoblade's Shulk. That they are both swordsmen also doesn't give me much hope for his inclusion over the more popular Shulk.

Want: 15%
Again, having foolishly refrained from purchasing Pandora's Tower it's extremely hard for me to get excited about a character I have no association with. I'm sure Aeron's amazing, but I have no basis for want.

YOSHI CHANGES
Okay, so before I begin; this was a concept that was popular pre-brawl; as Yoshi was once again the last 64 starter to be revealed there was some rumours flying about that perhaps the reason for this was Yoshi was being altered in some way.

With Yoshi's Island DS having come out people suggested that perhaps Yoshi was going to receive a gimmick based on what baby he'd be carrying on his back at the time:
Baby Mario: Would allow Yoshi to run and attack faster, but otherwise remain the same
Baby Peach: Would allow Yoshi to have a slower fall and a slight float to each jump.
Baby DK: Would increase Yoshi's overall power and make his eggs explode.
Baby Wario: Would give Yoshi a magnetic pull allowing for further grabs on both enemies and stage grabbing.
Baby Bowser: Would add fire elemental damage to every attack Yoshi used. Perhaps now it could make his Final Smash fireballs all the larger?

Obviously when Yoshi was revealed he had no babies in tow, but the idea was an interesting one. Unlikely to happen, but I'd like to see people's wants for this alone.

Of course the newest Yoshi possible 'change' is the aesthetic one to that of 'Yarn Yoshi' which people have been suggesting as an alt outfit for Yoshi, or even his default.

Chance Rating:
Babies: 10%
The babies gimmick is unlikely to happen for a multitude of reasons; it'd be a lot of work for one thing as it would mean Yoshi may end up playing as five variations of the standard Yoshi. Yoshi's Island DS has also come and went, and of the babies only Baby Mario, Peach and Bowser(sort of) are reoccurring characters.
Another issue may be having a baby in a fighting game. For similar reasons as to why a lot of people frown upon Nintendog or even Duck Hunt Dog, it could be seen as violence against infants, even if the babies themselves are invincible, and Baby DK could possibly be both that AND animal abuse.

However, if Sakurai really truly wanted Yoshi to represent the Yoshi series opposed to the Mario one, this could be a great way to overhaul the character and breathe some variation and new life into this often low tier veteran.

Yarn: 45%
Yoshi's Yarn design has been known for some time by the public, so Sakurai is probably well versed with the new look. At current I have no idea if it'd add any gameplay alterations to Yoshi, but visually it's a look that contrasts heavily with the others and would separate Yoshi from the Mario crew further. At worst this has a high chance of being an alt palette.

Other: 20%
Moveset wise I'm not overly hopeful for alterations to Yoshi. Luigi showing up without his poltergust again and Peach still wielding Toad as a B move have not been good signs towards modification. Mario still stuck with FLUDD when some were vying for the Galaxy spin is also a bad sign towards many moveset alterations, but Sakurai could still turn around and alter Yoshi like he has Bowser.

Want:
Babies: 85%
The Baby gimmick is a really neat idea IMO, otherwise I wouldn't have even bothered bringing it up. I know I personally would enjoy playing around with the new mechanics, and I'd hope that it may bring some new Yoshi mainers in at the same time.

Yarn: 4%
I actually hate the yarn design. Especially when it's juxtaposed against those who aren't living in a world full of yarn and materials. I think it works as an alt outfit if it has to be in, but would honestly prefer it to stay out of Smash. In Yarn Yoshi it's a strong look though.

Other: 50%
When it comes to moveset alterations I could go either way. If this was Melee I would desperately want Egg Roll to be removed due to it being one of the lowest priority moves in the entire game, but with the improvements made to it in Brawl I'm far more forgiving. I would possibly like to see him hover for a few seconds at the top of his second jump, but that's a very minor alteration at best.

Excitebiker: 13%? I have no idea. He'll do worse than Mach probably though.

Nominations:
Mario Newcomer X 5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Aeron: 1.1%
It's amazing the things I learn in this game just from looking up the character being rated.

Yoshi Overhaul: 25%
Want: 90% YES PLEASE!!!

Excitebiker: 1.5%

x2 Bowser Jr. [with Shadow Mario transformation]
x3 Toon Zelda

Groose if you don't mind I would like to keep the music updated 'till you get better. I will do it tonight and hopefully update daily afterwards.

D

Deleted member

Aeron and Overhauled Yoshi have been added to this post.

Aeron
Chance: 10%

I think that 10% is fair enough. I think that Operation Rainfall is not only a major factor for Aeron, but for Shulk and Zael as well. Operation Rainfall was mentioned on numerous websites and it was very successful as Xenoblade Chronicles, Pandora's Tower, and The Last Story made it to the US.
At the topic at hand here, I think that Shulk is the best character to represent these Operation Rainfall games. Shulk is more well-known than Aeron and Zael and has worldwide demand, something that Aeron lacks. Therefore, I don't think that Aeron has a major shot of getting in SSB4.
Want: 10%
Sparks some interest, but I want Shulk to be playable.
BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE MONADO!

Overhauled Yoshi/Substantial Yoshi Changes
Chance: 13%
I highly doubt that Yoshi will get a moveset change that will involve the babies or Yoshi's Yarn form, especially when Yarn Yoshi hasn't even been released yet. It also makes me wonder if they will do anything with Yoshi at all. We didn't see him in the E3 trailer and the conceptual whiteboard drawing (the only one from the initial 8 not present), he was the last of the initial 8 to be confirmed for Brawl, and he barely had any plot relevance in the SSE. I'm not saying that Sakurai or his team have a vendetta against Yoshi, but it just makes me wonder why he hasn't been confirmed yet.
I think the Baby part is a bit out of question as I doubt that Baby Mario will be a part of Yoshi's moveset. However, it's possible that he could get some Bowser treatment (new animations and attacks to buff him), but I'm not entirely sure on that...
Poor Yoshi. He needs more love.
Want: 80%
I rather not see Yoshi have Baby Mario a part of his moveset now, but I want him to get Bowser treatment. Yoshi is one of those characters that needs buffs and I hope that he gets them in SSB4.

Excitebiker Prediction: 14.84%
I'm confident that he will get over 10%.

Nominations: Ninten 5x
All day long now love grows strong now...

Last edited by a moderator:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Big thanks to Wolf and Koopa for taking care of things here. You guys are the best!
ah no problem mate, I like to help out when help is needed, also to just to let ya know, I sent last nights nominations list to fal, so don't worry bout things here mate, just focus on your recovery.
any who on to todays rate . . .
Aeron - 1.22%
you'll actually be surprised on some of the things I found about the guy just from the internet, never knew he was part of project rainfall, but sadly Shulk has that spot taken, he doesn't have much room for chance from that.
want - 10%
I'm pro Shulk
Yoshi overhaul - 12.11%
I guess there is a chance but I don't see it, seeing Yoshi hasn't change much . . .
want - 60%
if that involves changing the up b, whether by changing it or making it better, I'm down for it
Excitebiker 11.57%
I imagine he'll do okay, not much better though
Nominations:
dark pitX1
RoyX4

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Aeron: 9% chance. 50% want
Less popular than Shulk AND Zael in Japan. Indifferent to his inclusion.

Yoshi changes: 4% chance. 85% want
The baby concept by YoshiAndToad changed my feels on it drastically. I love the idea.

5x nomz Bowser Jr

Louie G.

Smash Hero
AERON:

Chance: 3%
I don't really know what else there is to say but that if Operation Rainfall gets representation it will very likely be from Shulk. That's all really.

Want: 1%
Who? Never played the game, although I do want to get my hands on Xenoblade.

OVERHAULED YOSHI:

Chance: 50%
Considering the fact that Yoshi has never really been the greatest Smash character, I think that major buffs are not only welcomed, but necessary. He has a terrible recovery, lackluster moves... A popular and important character like Yoshi deserves so much better than he is getting.

Want: 100%
See, I don't want Yoshi to be overhauled from the bottom up, as some moves should definitely stay, but I would like to see some major changes in play. Namely Yoshi's Island-esque aimable eggs that are either changed to Yoshi's standard or side B. And for the record, Baby Mario on Yoshi's back would be an amazing touch, even if he is just there for show.

Excitebiker Prediction: 7.25%
He's got a decent shot, considering that he was planned for Melee at one point.

Noms: Starfy x5
Please guys, help me out.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Aeron (I mean not Shulk)

Pros!
+Came to America, Operation Rainfall succeeded
+Known?
Cons!
-Xenoblade is much more popular
-Is a kind of meh character

Overall... If anyone represents Operation Rainfall, it's likely Shulk. 4%.

Want: Not gonna explain. 1%.

Yoshi Overhaul

Concept Chances: I think that bringing in the Babies or Yarn Yoshi is an ok idea. If Sakurai is really holding up to having lots of tweaks, this is possible. 10%.

Want: I like Yoshi the way he is. Little tweaks here and there would satisfy me. 10%.

BIKES BIKES BIKES BIKES!
I'm predicting 1.3%- This is me, being graceful to a generic biker.

Nominating...
Extensive Alternate Costumes X5

Morbi

Scavenger
Aeron Chance: .01%

Shulk is the only plausible contender.

Aeron Want: 0%

I do not even want Shulk. Perhaps as an assist trophy.

Overhauled Yoshi Chance: 25%

Realistically speaking, Yoshi has always been one of the initial reveals, it is evident that something has changed. I believe that the most effective way to introduce Yarn Yoshi would be to include him in Smash 4 as opposed to traditional Yoshi. This promotes the game, while offering us a unique and diverse experience. The chances of this notion becoming applicable are not so great. However, the chances of Yoshi receiving an overhaul in general are much more favorable.

Overhauled Yoshi Want: 100%

Smash is stagnant, certain aspects must change to retain my interest. If I wanted to play Carbon Copy Yoshi, I have 3 different games for that. I have played Yoshi as is for close to 15 years, it is time for some adaptation.

Excitebiker Prediction: 5%

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Aeron: from Project rainfall? not shulk? .01%
want: honestly don't care. so like maybe 25%?

Yoshi changes: 5%
Want:
0% I like my yoshi the way he is.
(this is for yarn and baby. I wouldn't mind some buffs though)

Excite Biker: 4.65%

Noms:
Eevee x5

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I'm kind of busy lately, so I'm probably gonna miss a few days (no big surprise :p), but seeing one of the things we're rating, I felt that I got no other choice.

Overhauled Yoshi
Double zeroes. And here's why:
Yoshi's moves are, in concept and execution, perfect as they are. They don't need any single bit of overhauling (besides minor tweaks) or outright replacement. No move Yoshi have doesn't feel like they are not true to his nature, nor do they feel over the top outlandish. Every single move he has an specific function that is perfectly aligned with the input it was given, so an overhaul would be pointless, and in fact, would make things worse.

Now, some moves like Egg Lay and Yoshi Bomb aren't usually considered when people mention an overhaul, but this goes more towards Egg Roll and Egg Toss, especially the latter. While Egg Roll could arguably be fixed so that it wasn't such a ****ty recovery move (which was made worse in Brawl), Egg Toss should never change. The main reason people complain about it is, aside from the fact that it isn't true to Yoshi's Island, is that it's "hard to aim". Now, I know people can't main every single character in the game, but either get used to it, or don't play as Yoshi. It's that simple. He was never a character that was easy to master, just like Olimar or Ness. That, and the fact that non-arched eggs would ruin his playstyle.

I'm a like changes, but only if these changes are necessary and/or made to increase further the potential of a character. But even then, they don't have to be massive. Minor changes can completely upgrade/destroy a character's performance if done correctly. This was applies mostly to Luigified clones, and for the most part, like in Luigi's case, it's done wonderfully. In cases like Ganondorf and Falco, it may have felt the change was not big enough, but it amplified their performance (well, in Ganon's case, at least it made him more unique). But in characters that are fine as they are, like Mario and Link, an overhaul can and already have ruined their playstyle (F.L.U.D.D. and Gale Boomerang).

As far as likelihood goes, while buffs and nerfs will definitely happen, I really, really, REALLY doubt Sakurai has any plans of doing any drastic changes on Yoshi. I mean, the only he's done to him, which was making his Up B serve as a diminutive yet functional third jump (if we can even call that a drastic change), is really all we needed. Maybe making his Side B a more effective recovery move would be nice, but I count that as a minor buff, not as an overhaul per se.

In other words, Yoshi need no change as he doesn't need one. And even if he does need some tweaking, he needs small changes, no overhauls needed at all. Just let him be the dinosaur he has always been.

Yup.

Now, if you excuse me, I've got some stuff to do. School is being a royal pain in the balls lately... Oh, and I nominate Zero x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Aeron

Chance - 2.5% - Shulk is the only Project Rainfall character who can stand on his own. While we may be able to get all three, I highly doubt it.

Want - 65% - The only Rainfall character I care about. Saw some gameplay footage, and I definitely enjoy what he has to offer. A mix of Belmont whip-manship and Dante-esque sword play? That's just cool. He's not a character I care all that much about, though.

Overhauling Yoshi

Chance - 50% - It's about split even, I'd say. We know that characters have received major overhauls like Pit and Browser, but none else have popped up. Him not appearing is somewhat suspicious. However, I'd say that we simply do not know enough about wither or not he's going to change. He's obviously a big candidate for it, though I will say supper-extensive things like the babies or yarn are very unlikely, though if it happens I expect his specials to be shaken up.

Want - 60% - To be honest, Yoshi's move set has no clear playstyle to me. While I do think he needs a playstyle overhaul, it's just not something I can feel passionate about.

Exitebiker Prediction - 14.5% - A bit less likely than Mach Rider due to less interest.

Nominations
Dark Matter X3
Hades X2

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Auron: 1%
I think they'll stick with Shulk for Xenoblade representation.

Want: 6%
I really need to play these games, don't I?

Yoshi changes: 5%
Even if Smash 4 is used to promote Yarn Yoshi, something tells me he'd be included as a separate character.

Want: 52%
Significant changes to Yoshi gameplay-wise would likely focus on his B-moves, which are the one thing I don't really like about playing as Yoshi.

Exciting Biker prediction: 11.16%

Nominate:
Klonoa x4
Isabelle x1

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Aeron:
Chances: 1%
I'm being harsh, but there are two better candidates with the exact same background with better games with better sales. Shulk and Zael.
Shulk or Zael please.

Yoshi:
Chances:25%
The character is not broken and the mechanics represent his game well. No need for an overhaul.
Want: 100%
I can't really use Yoshi now, so a change would hopefully make it easier.

Excitebiker: 5.29%

Nominations:
Matthew (Golden Sun) x 5

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
Aeron
Chance: 0.1%
Shulk is the main guy for this, and even so, I don't think Shulk is much at all on Sakurai's radar, let alone Aeron.
Want: Aeron who?%

Yoshi changes
Chance: 40%
His moveset could use some work. How exactly, I wish I knew, but with the number of games he's had since 1999, I think Sakurai can come up with a nice moveset.
Want: 85%
I'd really like a nice refresh on many veterans, Yoshi included, since I've never really been good with him.

Excitebiker: 4.52%

Scrooge McDuck x5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Aeron
Chance: 0.1%
Shulk is the guy getting in from from Xenoblade, and I think even his chancea are grossly inflated.

Yoshi Changes
Chance: 40%
Want: 80%
Considering how we have seen other veterans getting moveset changes, and Yoshi has been low tier for a while, while also not seeing him in the roster yet, theres a chance it could happen. However, I dont think major changes will take place, but I could see a few changes in his moveset

Excitebiker: 4%

Nominations:
Goemon x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Aeron
Chance: 3% - He's a rather obscure character from a game that only barely made it out of Japan, but he does have great move set potential.
Want: 89% - He would just be awesome.

New style Yoshi
Chance: 10% - Baby Mario Yoshi is both relevant and iconic enough to have a small chance, but there will be no Yarn Yoshi.
Want: 0% - Leave Yoshi alone, he's perfect the way he is. :)

Excitebike rider prediction: 1.8%

Nominations: Eevee x5

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Character
Aeron
Chance: 3.75% Like I said yesterday I can see him as an Assist Trophy.
Want: 70% he could have a great moveset potential and is better than another Mario, Zelda or Pokemon character that could be included.

Concept
Yoshi Overhaul
Chance: 33% I´m thinking there is a reason Sakurai hasn't show us Yoshi this late in the development and I can see that it could change radically lets see what happens.
Want: 90% why not? I don't think it could get a worse moveset that he already have in the previews Smash.

Prediction
Excitebiker: 3.00% I prefer Mach Rider over him.

Nomination
Travis Touchdown x 5

.n_n.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Aeron
Likelihood: 1%

Want: 15%
another sword character...I still don't think his chain makes him unique enough

New Style Yoshi
Likelihood: 0.1%

There is nothing wrong with Yoshi

Excitebiker
Prediction: 2%

Nominations:
Krystal x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Aeron's chances: 1% - No need to explain at this point.
Want: 30% - Eh.

"Overhauled" Yoshi: 6% - I don't see either Yarn or Babies happening. I don't think a significant moveset change is likely either.
Want: 5%

Excitebiker prediction: 6.14%

Prince Sable x5
Muddy Mole x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Updated the music.
[collapse=Music for all to enjoy]
IF ANY OF THESE LINKS ARE DEAD/INCORRECT, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD GROOSE. Thank you. Feel free to contribute anything you wish.
Game:
Prologue: Metal Gear 2 - Theme of Solid Snake
Intro: Super Smash Bros. Melee - Battlefield
Nomination:Earthbound - Main Menu
Ratings: Soda Popinski Battle (Punch-Out!! Wii)
Debate: Bowser's Final Battle
Day Over: Return of Groose: Groose's Theme
A New Day Begins: Guile's Theme

Characters:
Palutena (Day 2): Kid Icarus Uprising - The Return of Palutena, Boss Battle 2, Uprising Main Theme,Kid Icarus Uprising - Palutena's Temple, and Uprising - Boss Theme 2

Ridley (Day 3):Super Metroid - Vs. Ridley, Lower Norfair (Super Metroid), Brinstar (Melee), Vs. Ridley (Other M), and Meta-Ridley (Brawl)

Isaac (Day 4):Venus Lighthouse, Rebirth of Venus (OC Remix), Prologue, Colosso Battle, Overworld, Vale, Jenna's Theme, Forest Requiem, The Lost Age Intro, Imil, Gaia Rock, Golden Sun Main Theme, Isaac Battle Theme, and Saturos Battle Theme

King K. Rool (Day 5): Gangplank Galleon, K. Rool Battle (Brawl), K. Rool Duel (64), and K. Rool Returns

Shulk (Day 6): You Will Know Our Names, Engage the Enemy, Gaur Plains, God Slaying Sword, Satorl Marsh (Night), Mechonis Field, Time to Fight, and Beyond the Sky

Dixie Kong (Day 7): Mining Melancholy, Krook's March, and Bramble Blast

Pac-Man (Day 8):Pac-Man Championship Edition DX - BGM #1, Buccaneer Beach, and Space Race

Toon Link (Day 9): Windfall Island, Dragon Roost Island , Demo, Great Sea, Picori Festival, Outset Island, Link and Zelda's Duet, and Wind Waker Symphonic Movement

Mewtwo (Day 10): Battle With Mewtwo (Stadium), Cave (X and Y), Wild Pokemon Battle, Invitation to Danger, Lavender Town, Kanto Legendary (X and Y) and Mewtwo's Island

Krystal (Day 11): Fox and Krystal (Adventures), Krystal's Theme (Command), and Sauria (Assault)

Little Mac (Day 12):Punch-Out!! (Wii) - Main Theme, Soda Popinski, Mr. Sandman, and Major Circuit (Title Defense)

Bowser Jr. (Day 13): Bowser Jr.'s Fiery Flotilla, Shadow Mario, Bowser Jr. (Galaxy), Mecha Bowser, Bowser Jr. Battle (Paper Mario: Sticker Star), Bowser Jr. Battle 2 (Party 9), and Bowser Jr.'s Mad (Party 9)

Paper Mario (Day 14): Event Battle, Ruins of the Thousand Year Door, Boggly Woods, Glitz Pit, Creepy Steeple, Keehaul Key, Paper Mario- Mario's Theme, Rawk Hawk, Final Boss, Dark Bowser,Crystal King,TTYD Main Them, Gloam Valley, Super Dimentio, Monty Mole Attack,Kersti's Power, Petal Meadows, X-Naut's Fortress, Shadow Queen Battle (part 2), Smorgs, Macho Grubba Battle, Lineland Road, Floro Caverns, Underwater, Overthere Stair, Castle Bleck, Outer Space, Rogueport, Rogueport Sewers, Battle Theme (TTYD), Battle Theme (Sticker Star), and Blue Skies, White Clouds

Lucina (Day 15): Id-Sorrow, You May Call Me Marth, Storm Clouds (Ablaze), Duty (Ablaze), Id (Hope), and Gods, Have the Risen Spread this Far?

Roy (Day 16): Roy's Theme, Recruitment Medley, Fire Emblem (Melee), Winning Road, Shaman in the Dark, Melancholy, and Ships and Homes

Mii (Day 17): Mii Channel, Find Mii, and Wii Sports

Owain (Day 18): Prelude-Ablaze, Main Theme (Spa), Main Theme (Festival), Mastermind, Chaos (Ablaze), and Annihilation (Galvanized)

Takamaru (Day 19): Takamaru Combat (Nintendoland), Douchuumen (Brawl), and Takamaru Boss Battle (Nintendoland)

Lucario (Day 20): Fight Back, Lucario's Theme, Goodbye Lucario, and D/P Gym Leader Battle

Ice Climbers (Day 21): Icicle Mountain (Melee), Ice Climber (Brawl), Bonus Stage (NES), and Stage Theme (NES)

Waddle Dee (Day 22): Waddle Dee Tank, Butter Building, Fountain of Dreams (Melee), Boss (Return to Dreamland), Another Dimension, Waddle Dee (Kirby 64), Squeak Squad (Brawl), and Dream Land (Smash 64)

Jigglypuff (Day 23): Song of Jigglypuff, Route 209 (Brawl), Jigglypuff Live, and Lavender Town Theme

Lyn (Day 24): Girl of the Plains, Raising Spirits, Precious Things, Friendship and Adventure, Distant Travels, Attack (Brawl), Lyn's Desire, and Inescapable Fate

Chrom (Day 25): Fire Emblem Theme (Awakening), Divine Decree (Ablaze), Don't Speak Her Name, and What if I'm Not Worthy?

Toad (Day 26): Toad's Turnpike, Inside Peach's Castle, and Toad's Theme

Tingle (Day 27): Tingle's Theme, Southern Swamp, and Malo Mart

Sandbag (Day 28): Break the Targets, Multi-Man Melee 2, and Tabuu

Ike (Day 29): Fire Emblem Theme (Radiant Dawn Version), Ike's Resolution, Greil Mercenaries, The Devoted, The Goddess' Rebuke, and Ike's Theme (Brawl)

Tetra/Toon Zelda (Day 30): Pirate Theme, Zelda's Lullaby, Molgera Battle, and Great Sea

Dillon (Day 31): Rolling Western Theme, Final Boss Theme, and A Difficult Choice

WALUGI (Day 32): Waluigi's Theme, Waluigi Island, Waluigi Pinball, and Carol of the WAA

Pokemon Trainers (Day 33): Red (Skotein), Trainer Battle Themes, Littleroot Town Reorchestrated, Canalave City, Route 26 (Anime Version), Red and Blue (Skotein), and Red's Journey (Skotein)

Geno (Day 34): Forest Maze, Geno Awakens, Boss Fight, and Booster Tower

R.O.B. (Day 35): Gyromite(Brawl), Gyromite Game A, and Famicom Melody(Brawl)

Ganondorf (Day 36): Dark Lord Ganondorf (TP), Great King of Evil (OoT), Ganon (OoT), Ganondorf (WW), and Hyrule Castle (TP)

Zoroark (Day 37): Final N Battle, Master of Illusions, and Lugia's Song

Simon Belmont (Day 38): Special Medley, Simon Belmont's Theme, Bloody Tears (Simon's Quest), Bloody Tears (Hard Rock Mix), Silence of Daylight (Ocremix version), Wicked Child (Orchestral), Praying Hands, and Vampire Killer (X Chronicles)

Masked Man (Day 39): Mecha-Drago Battle, Battle Against the Masked Man, Menu (Mother 3), 16 Melodies, Natural Killer Cyborg, and It is Finished

Vaati (Day 40): Vaati's Fury, Dark Hyrule Castle, Zelda: Main Theme (Brawl), and Boss Battle (Minish Cap)

Saki (Day 41): Risk One's Neck, Blood Infactor, Saki, Music Raid Blue, Ally Risker's, and Wait Soon Ripe

Medusa (Day 42): Boss Battle 1, Reset Bomb Forest, Medusa's Final Battle, Underworld Castle, and Reaper's Line of Sight

Starfy (Day 43): Starfy's Theme, Let's Go, Boss Battle, Final Boss Battle, Sad, and Super Tough

Karate Joe (Day 44): Karateka, Remix 10, Wish Can't Wait for You, Karate Man (Fever), Karate Man (Struck by the Rain), Karate Man 2, Rhythm Fighter, and Karate Man (Japanese)

Samurai Goroh (Day 45): Samurai Goroh's Theme (GX), Red Canyon Theme (GX), Big Blue (Melee), Mute City (Melee), Fire Field (Brawl), White Land (Brawl), ZEN Aeropolis (GX), Devil's Forest (X), Planet Colors (GX), DIZZY Phantom Road (GX), Lightning Final Lap (GX), Megamix One, and Megamix Two

Lucas (Day 46): Mother 3 Love Theme (Brawl), Fate, Monkey's Delivery Service, Murasaki Forest, Theme of Duster, Ragtime Osohe, and Mom's Hometown

Robin (Day 47): Run All You Like-You Can't Escape Fate, Id~Purpose, Id~Darkness, Here We Are! The Shepard's Garrison, Id~Serenity, and Such Bonds are the Strength of this Army

Sonic the Hedgehog (Day 48): Green Hill Zone, Live and Learn, Open Your Heart, Escape From the City, Metal Harbor, Wonder World, Reach for the Stars, Chemical Plant Zone, Star Light Zone, Ice Cap Zone, Flying Battery Zone, Lava Reef Zone, Spring Yard Zone, Angel Island Zone (Brawl), Aquatic Park Zone, Sky Babylon Zone, Quartz Quadrant Zone, Rooftop Run, It Doesn't Matter, Seaside Hill, Endless Possibilities, Perfect Dark Gaia, Molten Mine, Aquatic Ruin Zone, Casino Park, Casino Night Zone, Labyrinth Zone, Crisis City, Live Life, Knight of the Wind, Doomsday Zone, Flying Battery Zone, Bonus Stage (Sonic 2), Wave Ocean- The Inlet, What I'm Made Of, His World (Crush 40), His World (Zebrahead), His World (Sonic '06), Mephiles,Solaris Phase 1, and Solaris Phase 2.

Genesect (Day 49): Wild Pokemon Battle (BW), Legendary Pokemon Battle (BW), Champion Alder, Champion Iris, Gym Battle (BW), and Elite Four Battle (BW)

Chibi-Robo (Day 50): Chibi Robo, Drake Redcrest's Theme, Dinah's Theme, Peekoe's Theme, Sunshine's Theme, and Labyrinth Plumbing

Porky (Day 51): Porky's Theme (Brawl), Master Porky's Theme (Mother 3), Isn't this such a Utopia?, Porky Means Business, Porky Means Business (Orchestral), Oh Buta Mask, Theme of the Pig King, Porky's Pokies, Piggy Guys, and Pokey's Theme (Earthbound)

Skull Kid (Day 52): Time's End (Full Theophany Album), Skull Kid Battle, Title Theme (MM), Majora's Theme, Lost Woods (OoT), Sacred Grove (TP), Sacred Grove (ZREO), Oath to Order (ZREO), Stone Tower Temple, Song of Healing (Adrisaurus Vocals), Song of Healing (MM), and End Credits (MM)

Lip (Day 53): Sherbet's Theme, Ruby's Theme, Elias's Theme, Flare's Theme, Neris's Theme, Selene's Theme, Thanatos's Theme, Lip's Theme (Brawl), Thiana's Theme, and Windy's Theme

Professor Layton (Day 54): Layton's Theme, Unwound Future, Puzzle Medley, Don Paolo, Descole, Battle of Wits, Layton's Theme (Fighting Remix), and Pursuit~Casting Magic

Falco (Day 55): Space Armada (Brawl), Star Fox Theme (Brawl), Corneria (Melee), Venom (Melee), and Credits (Star Fox 64)

Bomberman (Day 56): Redial (Bomberman Hero), Zip (Bomberman Hero), Green Garden (Bomberman 64), Rainbow Palace (Bomberman 64), Angel (Bomberman 64: The Second Attack), Normal Battle 1 (Bomberman Blast), Area 1, Title, Bomberman 64 Opening, 64 Intro, Masker (Bomberman 64), Stage Select (Bomberman 64), Blue Resort (Bomberman 64), and Super Bomberman - Boss Music

Kamek (Day 57): Mini-Boss (Yoshi's Island), Boss Fight (Yoshi's Island), Giga Baby Bowser, Castle Fortress, Kamek's Theme (Sticker Star), and Kamek's Theme SNES (Yoshi's Island DS)

Slime (Day 58): Dragon Quest Overture, Blue Skies, Blue Slime, Rocket Slime Boss Battle, Rocket Slime Tank Battle, Rocket Slime Slival Battle, Dragon Quest 1 Overworld Theme, Dragon Quest 4 Battle Theme, Dragon Quest 5 Boss Theme, Dragon Quest 8 Final Boss Theme, and Level Up

Solid Snake (Day 59): [MG] Theme of Tara, [MGS] Encounter (Brawl), [MGS2] Main Theme, [MGS2] Yell "Dead Cell", [MGS4] Theme of Love (Brawl), [MGS4] Metal Gear Saga, and [MGS4] Father and Son

Mr. Game and Watch (Day 60): Flat Zone (Melee), Chef, Fire, Oil Panic and Flat Zone 2

Impa (Day 61): Impa's Fate, Fi's Theme, Koloktos Battle (SS), Ballad of the Goddess, and Ballad of the Goddess (Reversed)

Meowth (Day 62): Team Rocket Battle (HeartGold), Double Trouble (Vocal), Team Rocket Motto (Vocal), Team Rocket Motto (BGM), Pokemon Theme Song, Team Galactic Battle (Brawl), and 2.B.A Master

Duck Hunt Dog (Day 63): Hogan's Alley Gunslinger, Super Scope 6, and Duck Hunt (Remix)

Ghirahim (Day 64): Ghirahim's Theme, Final Ghirahim, Final Demise, Eldin Volcano, Stalfos, Sky, and Lanayru Desert

Rayman (Day 65): Bland Land, Blue Mountains, Mr. Skops, and Mr. Dark Battle

Ashley (Day 66): Ashley's Song (Brawl), Terrormisu, Sweatmore Peak, Pecan Sands, Crescent Moon Village, and Mystic Lake

Sylveon (Day 67): Trainer Battle (X and Y), Gym Leader Battle (X and Y), Wild Pokemon Battle (X and Y), and Rival Battle (X and Y) Note: All are recreations of unreleased music.

Anthony Higgs (Day 68): Anthony Higgs, Pyrosphere, and Nightmare

Mach Rider (Day 69): Mach Rider (Brawl), Course Theme, and Race Theme 02

Lloyd Irving (Day 70): Like a Glint of Light, Fighting of the Sprirts, Fatalize, Final Destination, Kratos Battle, Sheena, and Lloyd

Mike Jones (Day 71): Sailing, Cave, and Overworld

Primid (Day 72): Ode to Minions, Tabuu, Subspace Area, Danger Ahead, and SSBB Main Theme

Cloud (Day 73): FF7 overworld theme, J-E-N-O-V-A, Shinra theme, City of the Ancients, Overworld theme (Orchestrated), and Trail of Blood

Black Shadow (Day 74): Devils Call in Your Heart (Brawl), Meaning of the Truth, GX Main Theme, Black Shadow Theme (GX), Mute City (GX), Devil's Call in Your Heart (X), Climb Up and Get the Last Chance! (X), Port Town (X), Phantom Road (GX), Lightning (GX), and Vegas Palace (GX)

Chrom + Lucina Tag Team (Day 75): Fire Emblem Theme (Awakening), Divine Decree (Ablaze), Don't Speak Her Name, What if I'm Not Worthy?, Id-Sorrow, You May Call Me Marth, Storm Clouds (Ablaze), Duty (Ablaze), Id (Hope), and Gods, Have the Risen Spread this Far?

Anna (Day 76): Open for Business, Legendary Inheritance, Fight to Tomorrow, Confront the Past, and The Battle Must Be Won

Wolf: (Day 77): Star Wolf, Star Wolf (Assault), Can't Let You Do That, and Credits (Star Fox 64)

Tom Nook (Day 78): Population Growing, Nook's Cranny, Wild World, The Roost, City Folk, Post Office, New Leaf, and Go K.K. Rider!

Ephraim (Day 79): Sacred Stones, Distant Roads, A Powerful Foe, and Comrades

Wonder Red (Day 80): Wondeful 101 Theme, Jergingha, and Tables Turn

Sukapon (Day 81): Theme of the Tiger and Robot City (Grizby2 Remix), and Old Castle

Phoenix Wright (Day 83): OBJECTION!, Logic and Trick, Tell the Truth, Pursuit~Cornered, DL-6, Turnabout Sisters, It's Detective Gumshoe, Congratulations, Everybody!, Court Begins (JFA), Great Revival, With Pearly, Pursuit~Questioned, Court Begins (T&T), Fragrance of Dark Coffee, Tell the Truth (T&T), Pursuit~Caught (Rock), Distant Traces of Beauty (Blend Mix), Bitter Taste of Truth, Fragrance of Dark Coffee (Orchestrated), Here Comes Justice!, Guilty Love, Pursuit~Overtaken, Objection! (DD), Pursuit~Ambushed, Cross-Examination Medley, and The First Victory

Mask Link (Day 84): Clocktown, Clocktown (Theophany), Song of Healing, Stone Tower Temple, Elegy of Emptiness, and Song of Unhealing (Ben Drowned)

Chancellor Cole (Day 85): Spirit Train, Byrne (ZREO), Chancellor Cole Mini Boss, Cursed Overworld, Dark Link, Demon Train, Cole and Malladus, Malladus, All Lokomo SongsAll Final Boss Themes

Tharja (Day 86): Leave me...Save yourselves...if you can, I've never seen one fall so gracefully, and Someone has to save you from your good intentions

Neku and Shiki (Day 87): Calling, Lullaby For You, and Deja Vu

Rhythm Monkey (Day 88): Tambourine, Monkey Watch, Tap Trial, and Fan Club

Fawful (Day 89): In the Final, Fawful is There, Fawful's Evil Plan, Cavil Cape, Cackletta's Theme, and Fawful and Cackletta

Sheik (Day 90): Sheik's Theme, Sheik's Theme (Adrisaurus Vocals), and Ocarina of Time Medley

Victini (Day 91): Legendary Battle (Black and White), Wild Pokemon Battle (Black and White), Castelia City, Alder's Theme, and Iris' Theme

Yarne (Day 92): We'd best prepare for combat, just to be safe, We should turn in for the night, and Training

Donbe and Hikari (Day 93): Famcom Melody (PiCOPiCT), Shaberu! DS Cooking Navi, andShin Onigashima (Brawl)

Daisy (Day 94): Daisy Cruiser, Mario Land Overworld, Daisy's Striker's Theme, Muda Kingdom (Smooth McGroove Acapella), Athletic Theme (Six Golden Coins), Daisy Hills, and Daisy Circuit

Captain Rainbow (Day 95): Daytime Theme 1, Daytime Theme 2, and Main Theme

Ray (Day 96): Lost World, Samsara, and Frozen Game

Omastar (Day 97): Oak's Research Lab, Pewter City, and Gym Battle (Red, Blue, Yellow)

Doctor Kawashima (Day 98): Brain Age (Brawl), Brain Age Theme, Options, and Menu

Rosalina (Day 99): Rosalina's Ice World, Rainbow road (All), Comet observatory, Starship Mario, Launch!, and Rosalina's Story

Captain Syrup (Day 100) : Syrups's Fortress Remix and Syrup's Shake-It Shop

Pauline (Day 101): Donkey Kong Opening (Brawl), Theme of the Minis, and 75 Metres

Dark Samus (Day 102): Menu (Metroid Prime), Theme of Samus Aran, and Dark Samus Battle (Echoes)

Doctor Mario (Day 103): Dr. Mario (Melee), Chill, Fever, Cough, and Sneeze

Knuckles (Day 104): Unknown, Pumpkin Hill Zone, This Horizon, Wild Canyon, Aquatic Mine, Death Chamber, Meteor Herd, Pumpkin Hill (Classic), Sky Sanctuary, Angel Island, Blue Sphere, Sky Sanctuary (Modern), Sky Sanctuary (Classic)

Aeron (Day 105): Pandora's Tower Main Theme, Boss Music, and Entrance Hall

Excitebiker (106): Excitebike 64 Title Theme, Vs. Excitebike Title Theme, Nomination, Player One Win, Track Edit, Mountain Quary, and Excite Truck (Brawl)

Klonoa (10X): The Windmill Song,Klonoa Heroes Sign of Hero, The Tower Of Balue, and Stepping Wind

[/collapse]

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
You know, it's funny how many want an overhauled Yoshi because of him being hard to play as, yet they don't realize that he's meant to be tough to master. Just like Ness was in 64 (and still is in the sequels). It's all about getting used to their quirks and seeing what he's truly capable of. And that's a lot.

(Oh, and it may be just me, but I don't think "overhaul" necessarily stands for "buff". So there's that)

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
You know, it's funny how many want an overhauled Yoshi because of him being hard to play as, yet they don't realize that he's meant to be tough to master. Just like Ness was in 64 (and still is in the sequels). It's all about getting used to their quirks and seeing what he's truly capable of. And that's a lot.

(Oh, and it may be just me, but I don't think "overhaul" necessarily stands for "buff". So there's that)
eh, I guess others are like that,
the only thing I want to change Yoshi is just his up b, the egg throw, I'll say if that's get changed to something more feasible or just make it better, he'll be perfect

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I find it far more comfortable, and more logical, to trigger an upward arcing egg by pressing UP. Said arcing is essentially what makes it so effective, by the way.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Aeron

Pandora's Tower didn't get the greatest sales, although it did get pretty good reviews (maybe I'll check it out at some point...). Problem is that Xenoblade got better sales, better reviews and a sequel. Xenoblade already has lower sales than any currently represented series... Pandora's Tower has less than a third of the sales of Xenoblade. Monolith Soft also helped with the development of Brawl, which I didn't know about before.

Not that Xenoblade and Pandora's Tower are directly competing, but they have some similarity.

Aeron chances: 1%

Aeron want: 55%
Mostly indifferent. I'd prefer more promotion for X, but Aeron's moveset potential looks not bad. Aeron's probably the best bet for a whip-like moveset, since Simon Belmont ain't gonna happen...

Overhauled Yoshi:
Well, I think Yoshi's specials could have significant changes. Yoshi probably needs some changes. This could take the form of simply changing some of the stats on his moves, or it could mean something more significant. Making Egg Toss work like in Yoshi's Island is one thing, somehow making Egg Roll not suck... Giving him the ability to eat items is another change they might make. But there's not a whole lot going on with Yoshi that makes such changes an update reflecting modern Yoshi vs. just change for change's sake. Pit had the new Kid Icarus, if they wanted Yoshi to eat things or shoot eggs differently, he'd probably already do so.

Things like Yarn Yoshi or babies, I don't see happening.

Yoshi changes chance: 10%
We've seen 15 veterans, two of which had significant changes. Yoshi seems a good candidate for buffs, but not one that needs updating conceptually. So I'm going to say 10%.

Yoshi changes want: 75%
Sure. I'd like lots of characters to have updates to shake things up, as long as they're smart. I didn't really care for FLUDD, so that's a bad one. Ganondorf's choke was a good one.

Excitebiker prediction: 3%
I dunno.

Nominations:
5x Pichu

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Aeron

Chance: 1% - Overshadowed by the incredible Shulk.

Want: 20% - I'm not very familiar with him or anyone from Project Rainfall for that matter.

Overhauled Yoshi

Chance: 50% - Either it will or it will not happen.

Want: 50% - I don't play as Yoshi so I'm indifferent.

Excitebiker Prediction: 2.03 % - It's Mach Rider or bust.

Nominations:
Nintendog x5

Alban712

Smash Apprentice
Aeron

Chance: 1% - Shulk takes priority and I don't see them both getting in

Want: 0% - Never played his game and think he looks very generic

Yoshi's changes

Chance: 20% - I don't see it as likely. Yoshi (in addition to Jigglys) have always been the lowest prioritized of the original 12, at least gameplaywise

Want: 70% - He deserves some improvements

Excitebiker Prediction: 7.51 %

Nominations:
Blaziken x5

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Aeron
Chance 12%
There's practically no chance of him being added over Shulk. However, I could see him being added as complimentary to Shulk. Project Rainfall was a pretty big deal, and Monolith Soft has become an important 1st party developer for Nintendo, so maybe it's worth having two reps. And there's no doubt that Sakurai would be able to come up with a good moveset for him.
Want 60%
I don't hope for, or support him, but he'd definitely be welcomed by me.

Yoshi Overhaul
Chance 15%
I don't think that making him Yarn, or adding the babies is important enough that Sakurai will change his entire moveset for it. The only changes I'm expecting are a few minor tweaks here and there, but not a complete overhaul.
Want 50%
I would like to see the babies, but not the Yarn.

Excitebiker 8.4%

Nomination
Matthew x5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Aeron:

Chance: 0.5%

Yoshi Overhauls:

Chance: 10% - With as little changes as we're seeing to the current revealed veterans, I don't see it happening.

Want: 0% - I like Yoshi as he is, he can carry the show himself without having an annoying baby on his back or having to be made of yarn.

Excitebiker Prediction: 6%

Nominations:
5x Brawl Pokémon and Mewtwo

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Happy Thanksgiving!

Aeron
Chances: .4%

Overhauled Yoshi
Chance: 10%

Want: 30%

Prediction for Excitebiker: 1.7%

Nominations
Brawl Pokemon and Mewtwo x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Later today I'll be in to update the day and restore things to full functionality---Schedule, OP, et all! Groose is back, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom