• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Just one more character for the bottom ten and Nook will be out, and I have a feeling Gex is the character for that spot.

I LOVED Gex's old games, alotta fun and nice humouress dialouge between scenes, and good graphics (for it's time, this was back in the late 90's).

I give Gex a 10% I want it to be higher, but there is too much competition from other canidates who still appear in games. Plus I don't think he's ever been released outside of Japan. If that's the case .5 %

nominate Ryota x 5

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
^^^Hey, I just realized something, your pretending to be Canadian when yur American.

That's not cool, eh
Do you seriously find that offensive or are you joking, because I didn't intend for it to be. I'll change it if it seriously bugs you. If not, the the Maple leaf stays my avatar.

Croco

Smash Lord
What does resident evil have to do with anything?
I was saying about how Leon from Resident Evil 2 and 4 could be requested by Capcom before Megaman because the Resident Evil series is actually a more popular hit nowadays then Megaman.

Yes I do want Megaman in brawl before Leon.. but you never know what to expect.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Man croco u got it all wrong, I said:

Who ever is giving GEX more than 50%, or any digit with 2 numbers is ********...

and hell HMS DOES have more of a shot than Gex, gex is 3rd party, lowering his score, and not to mention he is one of those mascots that have no died, he,ll he was NEVER popular, the guy stands 0 chance against guys like megaman, sonic and bomberman... its ok to dream but u gotta face reality sooner or l8r...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Meh... Some rather dull choices as of late if you ask me...

Lemme see... Gex... wow... I'm surprised he's even being considered at all... Sure Gex was a cool back in the 32-bit/64-bit era and is pretty much the de facto mascot of Crystal Dynamics (what have they been up to lately anyway?), but he's been AWOL since close of that period, and that's never a good sign. More importantly, he's much more associated with 3DO (his first appearance was on the ill-fated 3DO Interactive Multiplayer) and SONY (all 3 Gex games were on the PSX) than he is with Nintendo. Too bad though... I actually did like Gex - well... the first game at least (a victim of it's own success, sort of like Viewtiful Joe last generation...), but I have to be realistic. I'll give him a generous scoring of 9%...

I nominate Mr. Stevenson 5x. (Yay for Western-exclusive Nintendo characters!)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Who ever is giving GEX more than 50%, or any digit with 2 numbers is ********...

and hell HMS DOES have more of a shot than Gex, gex is 3rd party, lowering his score, and not to mention he is one of those mascots that have no died, he,ll he was NEVER popular, the guy stands 0 chance against guys like megaman, sonic and bomberman... its ok to dream but u gotta face reality sooner or l8r...
^^^^ is correct! I give him a 6% chance, at best! Way to many 3rd party characters to choose, cmon, Sonic, Megaman, Bomberman, Pac-Man, etc. are way over him. Algo don''t forget Banjo, he's a third party character now, too.

Man the Wind Waker Link did real good last time, o well. I nominate the Wind Waker Link 5x! Man he's getting up there! :) :) :)

Croco

Smash Lord

Are you freaken kidding me.. Gex was very popular. :confused:
And yes I know he won't get in before before Sonic, Megaman, and Bomberman.. BUT I will keep stay ground about HMS.

Also.. you said.. "HA! I laugh at the guy that has been supporting me, who ever gave him 50% and who ever gives him a percentage with 2 numbers in it is ********"
:confused:

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Are you freaken kidding me.. Gex was very popular. :confused:
And yes I know he won't get in before before Sonic, Megaman, and Bomberman.. BUT I will keep stay ground about HMS.

Also.. you said.. "HA! I laugh at the guy that has been supporting me, who ever gave him 50% and who ever gives him a percentage with 2 numbers in it is ********"
:confused:
I'm sure Stryks meant 2 digits... But yes, once upon a time Gex was popular, but that hasn't been the case for almost a decade now... Kind of a shame really - He was pretty much the Viewtiful Joe of that generation: Awesome first game becomes a runaway hit, but then it was be followed by lackluster sequels that would bring the franchise crashing down... :(

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm sure Stryks meant 2 digits... But yes, once upon a time Gex was popular, but that hasn't been the case for almost a decade now... Kind of a shame really - He was pretty much the Viewtiful Joe of that generation: Awesome first game becomes a runaway hit, but then it was be followed by lackluster sequels that would bring the franchise crashing down... :(
I agree, even though I liked the 2nd Viewful Joe, but not as much as the 1st. Sad that Gex and Viewful Joe aren't as big as hits as they should be! :( They both were both great characters! :(

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I agree, even though I liked the 2nd Viewful Joe, but not as much as the 1st. Sad that Gex and Viewful Joe aren't as big as hits as they should be! :( They both were both great characters! :(
As I said earlier, both are good examples of being victims of their own success - not unlike The Matrix, Jurassic Park, or any number of movie franchises...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
1%

this thread is just pointless now. The data collected seems to be about right, but any other character not already voted for really has a very little chance of making it in the game...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
1%

this thread is just pointless now. The data collected seems to be about right, but any other character not already voted for really has a very little chance of making it in the game...
Oh, hush! We haven't gotten to several other likely characters yet. I say this thread should go on until either a majority of the character roster is revealed or until the game is released!

Iggy K

Smash Ace
1%

There's still quite a few characters that have decent chances of making it into the game (Sigurd, Ray, Deoxys, Pac-Man, Lucas etc.), and there's characters that, while they probably won't be in, are awesome and should be done sooner or later anyway (Phoenix Wright, Banjo Kazooie).

As for Gex, he's close to the back of the third party line, I could not see him being in over ones like Sonic, MM, Bomberman, Pac-Man, Rayman, Belmont, I don't think that he would be in over even BK, PW and Viewtiful Joe, 1%, and if it makes you feel better Crono, this is higher than what I gave HMS and higher than what I would give Shadow.

Nominate Deoxys x3, Pac-Man x2.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
There's still quite a few characters that have decent chances of making it into the game (Sigurd, Ray, Deoxys, Pac-Man, Lucas etc.), and there's characters that, while they probably won't be in, are awesome and should be done sooner or later anyway (Phoenix Wright, Banjo Kazooie).

As for Gex, he's close to the back of the third party line, I could not see him being in over ones like Sonic, MM, Bomberman, Pac-Man, Rayman, Belmont, I don't think that he would be in over even BK, PW and Viewtiful Joe, 1%, and if it makes you feel better Crono, this is higher than what I gave HMS and higher than what I would give Shadow.

Nominate Deoxys x3, Pac-Man x2.
since out of the five you listed i think he has the most chance (maybe tied with Lucas)

I nominate Pac-Man x5

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Gex is such a failed character when you look at it, and the games weren't a pleasure to play either. 4.99%

I nom. Paper Mario x5

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Ehhh... Half of you guys always go on about "Major characters in minor games are better than minor characters in major games". So what makes this different?

Anyway I think Gex would be a fantastic character for Brawl. His moves are pretty much made all ready from his games. The only thing really letting him back is the fact that he is 3rd party. As I have stated before I think Sonic and MegaMan will be two of the three 3rd party characters. That leaves one one spot left. I give Gex 19% of appearing in Brawl.

Nominations - Spyro(x5)

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Being given a spot on the roster of a Super Smash Bros. game is the greatest honor that can be bestowed on a video game character. Nintendo is not going to consider every lame animal mascot just because they appeared in a game.

Bottom lione: Gex is an obscure 3rd party character who hasn't appeared in a game since 1999 and does not deserve to square off against video game legends like Mario, Link and Solid Snake.

I say 1% and nominate Hero of Winds X 5.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
His last game was on the N64, right? Pfft, that's not retro, that's just sad. I've heard of him and while he could have an easily-made moveset, he just doesn't have a chance.

Gex has better chances with Geico than Brawl. 3%.

Poo [x4], Crash [x1]. Hi Kazuki! ^_^

splat

Smash Lord
err. 1%
If Gex would make it in Brawl, I'd eat my socks. Seriously, he shouldn't even be thought of, I don't think any of his games were massive hits.

now, someone else who doesn't have a chance, but is a fun character:
Pianta x5

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Ehhh... Half of you guys always go on about "Major characters in minor games are better than minor characters in major games". So what makes this different?
When I said that, I had Nintendo characters in mind, and first party is always the first priority.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Due to unfortunate events surrounding the weather down here, the internet in my house has temporarily been disabled. Water got under the house and shorted out a couple cables. I'm at the library now, but I won't be able to make any more updates for at least a couple days. Dad said he plans on having everything back up and running soon. Sorry.

Top Bottom