• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 126 - Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Why is AEW still at 28 nominations? It should be at 33 nominations. I understand that I screwed up on the Rampage/Lion-O day when I only wrote one sentence in each of the sections, but I did write enough sentences on Washington and Constantine to have gotten it counted. I should have gotten five nominations and AEW should be at 33.
The way that I do noms is that I do them for the day before. So the noms list above is updated only to Rampage and Lion-O's day. The reason why I do this is because people are allowed to update their noms at any point during a character(s) day. So I wait until the day is over to count noms, rather than counting all the noms above my post. This is to avoid confusion and to make the process straightforward for me, and for you all.

An easy way to figure out where the noms are updated to is to look at the character(s) directly above the noms list. I always do calcs for character averages and the noms list at the same time. For example, below I have the calcs for Washington and Constantine's day and that is where AEW receives its noms. And for the record, you actually earned 10 noms because it was a double day. I want to remind people of that too.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Agent Washington
Chance: 5.29%
Want: 67.5%

John Constantine
Chance: 43.86%
Want: 69.29%

Noms List

75-99

50-74
Pinkie Pie x65
Homura Akemi x50

25-49
Blake Belladonna x43
Knight & Ostrich x40
King Kong x40
Ash Williams x40
All Elite Wrestling rep x38
Yang Xiao Long x38
Concept: Yu-Gi-Oh rep x37
Jessica Cruz x35
Raven x35
Concept: Pacific Rim fighter x35
Sarge (R vs B) x30
Wile E. Coyote x25
Pennywise x25
Steve Urkel x25
Sub-Zero x25
The Animaniacs rep x25

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Sam Spade x20
Gandalf x20
Audrey II x17
Monkey D. Luffy x15
He-Man x12
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Sesame Street content x10
The Gilmore Girls (as a duo) x9
Snow Miser x7
Six Flags content x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

KillerCage

Smash Master
Is Hunter X Hunter out of hiatus yet?

Chances- 5%

Time to talk about another anime rep. My thoughts on previous anime characters also applies here. I'm not sure if MultiVerses can get anime characters. Even if they did get around the country of origin issue, I think a Hunter X Hunter rep would just face too much competition from other anime franchises. Of particular note is RWBY and that series is made in America. There is also Jojo's Bizarre Adventure to consider. That franchise is now a staple of pop culture with SO MANY MEMES. To sum this up, getting a Hunter x Hunter rep is practically not going to happen.

I have to abstain from giving a want score. The reason: I haven't read nor seen Hunter X Hunter.

Deedee got into Dexter's laboratory again!

Chances- 40%

The boy genius does have a decent chance at getting into MultiVerses. He has a big issue though. He is one of many classic 90s Cartoon Network characters and there is a LOT of competition from this era. Honestly I feel that the Powerpuff Girls are the most likely to get in the game first due to their relency. I can see Dexter joining the roster at a later time though.

Want- 55%

I have said this before and I'll say this again. I grew up with Dexter's Laboratory. With that said, my attachment to Dexter is not that strong. I can see the moveset potential for Dexter though. To summarize, I'm mostly indifferent to Dexter though I wouldn't mind his inclusion.

My noms:
Homura Akemi (Madoka Magica) x10
Sarge (Red vs Blue) x10

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Is Hunter X Hunter out of hiatus yet?

Chances- 5%

Time to talk about another anime rep. My thoughts on previous anime characters also applies here. I'm not sure if MultiVerses can get anime characters. Even if they did get around the country of origin issue, I think a Hunter X Hunter rep would just face too much competition from other anime franchises. Of particular note is RWBY and that series is made in America. There is also Jojo's Bizarre Adventure to consider. That franchise is now a staple of pop culture with SO MANY MEMES. To sum this up, getting a Hunter x Hunter rep is practically not going to happen.

I have to abstain from giving a want score. The reason: I haven't read nor seen Hunter X Hunter.

Deedee got into Dexter's laboratory again!

Chances- 40%

The boy genius does have a decent chance at getting into MultiVerses. He has a big issue though. He is one of many classic 90s Cartoon Network characters and there is a LOT of competition from this era. Honestly I feel that the Powerpuff Girls are the most likely to get in the game first due to their relency. I can see Dexter joining the roster at a later time though.

Want- 55%

I have said this before and I'll say this again. I grew up with Dexter's Laboratory. With that said, my attachment to Dexter is not that strong. I can see the moveset potential for Dexter though. To summarize, I'm mostly indifferent to Dexter though I wouldn't mind his inclusion.

My noms:
Homura Akemi (Madoka Magica) x10
Sarge (Red vs Blue) x10
"Is Hunter X Hunter on Hiatus Again?"

Currently, It's starting to get out of it.

D

Deleted member

Chance - 1%
I do actualy think there's a chance we could get some anime characters if the game gets big enough. WB are clearly dipping into all froms of media here so why not anime and manga? We know they're dipping into Japanese properties like Godzilla. It all depends how much WB is willing to shill out and which companies are willing to play ball. But the thing is, I can't see us getting a lot of them. I think we'll only get a couple at most. Shonen Jump have a reputation for being difficult when it comes to licensing. But they have done crossover stuff before, so them getting a rep is not impossible. But HunterXHunter, whole definitely a popular series, faces a lot of competition. The likes of Goku, Luffy and Naruto are extremely iconic characters who's shows aired on WB owned channels, and while none of them are terribly likely, I think they'd be considered before a HXH character. I could even see JOJO pushing through due to how much Jotaro was brought up when this game was first announced. That's not even getting into non SJ anime characters. There's just a lot of competition.

Want- 50%
Sure. Gon Freecss, who I would have to assume would be the character chosen, is a pretty cool lad with an interesting powerset. I haven't read or seen as much of the series as I would like. But I really enjoyed what I have. There are definitely franchises I'd want more. But as anime characters go there are definitely worse choices.

Chance- 80%
Dexter is another classic Cartoon Network character, and like some of other CN characters we've rated, I think we'll get the boy genius eventually. He's a CN staple and was even kind of a mascot for the station for a time. His show is one of the ones that still gets referenced and used in crossover stuff when that happens. I think we'll get the PPG and Samurai Jack first, but I definitely think Dexter is high on the list

Quantity- 80%
Yeah! I remember liking this show a lot as a kid and Dexter himself is a pretty fun character with a whole lot of moveset potential. There are so many cool gadgets to pull from from across the show, I'd love to see what the dev team could do with him.

Dumping all my noms into Raven. Wanna try and get someone on the list.

Last edited by a moderator:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Chance - 1%
I do actualy think there's a chance we could get some anime characters if the game gets big enough. WB are clearly dipping into all froms of media here so why not anime and manga? We know they're dipping into Japanese properties like Godzilla. It all depends how much WB is willing to shill out and which companies are willing to play ball. But the thing is, I can't see us getting a lot of them. I think we'll only get a couple at most. Shonen Jump have a reputation for being difficult when it comes to licensing. But they have done crossover stuff before, so them getting a rep is not impossible. But HunterXHunter, whole definitely a popular series, faces a lot of competition. The likes of Goku, Luffy and Naruto are extremely iconic characters who's shows aired on WB owned channels, and while none of them are terribly likely, I think they'd be considered before a HXH character. I could even see JOJO pushing through due to how much Jotaro was brought up when this game was first announced. That's not even getting into non SJ anime characters. There's just a lot of competition.

Want- 50%
Sure. Gon Freecss, who I would have to assume would be the character chosen, is a pretty cool lad with an interesting powerset. I haven't read or seen as much of the series as I would like. But I really enjoyed what I have. There are definitely franchises I'd want more. But as anime characters go there are definitely worse choices.

Chance- 80%
Dexter is another classic Cartoon Network character, and like some of other CN characters we've rated, I think we'll get the boy genius eventually. He's a CN staple and was even kind of a mascot for the station for a time. His show is one of the ones that still gets referenced and used in crossover stuff when that happens. I think we'll get the PPG and Samurai Jack first, but I definitely think Dexter is high on the list

Quantity- 80%
Yeah! I remember liking this show a lot as a kid and Dexter himself is a pretty fun character with a whole lot of moveset potential. There are so many cool gadgets to pull from from across the show, I'd love to see what the dev team could do with him.

Dumping all my noms into Raven. Wanna try and get someone on the list.
How is Shonen Jump Difficult to work with?

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Dexter before he grew up to be a serial killer

Chance: 80%
Dexter is a huge iconic cartoon. Everyone knows Dexter, most people love Dexter, he's what you'd call a must have in terms of CN shows. But he does lack relevance in terms of reboots or revivals or spin-offs so I think he'll have to wait a bit.

Want: 100%
I wasn't much of a CN kid growing up. With many of its shows I changed the channel once they started. Dexter was one of the few I didn't. The scientific shenanigans of this uber-smart kid and his dumb sister were funny and clever and I guess spoke to me in a way that other CN shows didn't. Though if you asked kid me, I'd have told you that Johnny Test was the superior version of this - look, we were all dumb at some point. Funnily enough, Dexter himself is probably my least favorite character in the show, but hey, he'd be the one chosen and that's fine. This is a show that just needs a rep, like it or not.

Abstain on Hunter Hunter but my stance on all anime is the following:
GoodGrief the Haver of Stances on Things He Knows Little About said:
When in doubt, assume the gaming rights are held by Bandai Namco.
Lotta wise quotes up in this noggin.

Noms: Jack Torrance (hopefully he counts as mainstream)

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Multi x Versus

Chance: 5%
This mainly depends if Shonen Jump is on board. If the answer is yes, then this shoots up very high. Hunter x Hunter is super popular and has sold nearly 80 million manga copies worldwide. Just recently the author of the series made a Twitter account to post updates on the series after it had been on hiatus for a couple of years. In less than 5 days upon creating his account, he became the all time most followed manga artist on Twitter (and while I don't have a source on this, I'm pretty sure this tweet is one of the most liked anime/manga related tweets ever). Only issue I can see is a HxH rep having to compete with some other Shonen series. JoJo for example I imagine will have priority due to bigger Western appeal and more memes which is what MultiVersus seems to be catering more towards.

Want: 90%
I love Hunter x Hunter and it is easily in my top 5 favorite anime/manga series. Personally I'd go with Kurapika or Meruem to get into MultiVersus first but I'm down for anyone. While I would much prefer the series to be represented in a Shonen Jump platform fighter over Multiversus, I'd welcome a character into MultiVersus with open arms. Only reason this isn't a 100% is because I'd prefer a One Piece character first which can be seen as competition since they're both Shonen series.

-----

Abstain on Dexter since I don't have much time right now.

-----

Nominations:
Monkey D. Luffy x10

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Guess i'll throw my cents even though i'm no fan of voicing my opinions.

A Hunter X Hunter Rep
Series Music: Departure
20%: While Hunter X Hunter would does have history with WB(More Specifically with HBO Max & Adult Swim), In terms of how likely it is when paired next to the other anime series' that aired, not too high and the most likely Shonen Series to appear would be Jojo, Probably Naruto, and I Guess Dragon Ball(My Hero & Demon Slayer should count for this too).
50%: I would be game for a Hunter X Hunter Character in the game, Gon would probably be my preferred idea to represent the series though Killua would be a cool rep.

Dexter
His Music: Back to the Lab Again
50%: Dexter would seem important for this if it was a Cartoon Network Specific Fighting Game But i will be more positive here and say he would be well deserve for the game due to his legacy from Cartoon Network, But his chances aren't in the same scale as The Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, and Ben Tennyson which could hold him back in due time right now.
70%: I guess he'd be a good fit, his attacks would require a lot of his gadgets & robot suit which could help Dexter with a pretty unique moveset.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hunter crosses over with another hunter - the hunter universe

Chance: 15%

Yes I'm well aware that anime like Jojo, DBZ, Naruto, etc exist and that they would get priority. But to be fair Hunter X Hunter is no slouch either. It's got quite a bit of history to it and it's very successful with 79 million manga copies sold. The anime is pretty popular as well and overall the IP has a lot of merch so I do think there is a sliver of hope for this.

Want: 50%

I've been getting more into anime and I'm hoping we get some anime characters in this game for the sheer potential of matchups. But I've never watched Hunter X Hunter so I can't make a judgement on it at this time.

In Dexter's llaaabbbb!!

Chance: 40%

I agree that this is one of the classics. People love this show, Cartoon Network loves this show as they continue to reference it, it's a no brainer. But I'm going with a 40 for this because there are some other 90s CN characters that would have priority. Samurai Jack got a recent new season and the Powerpuff Girls got a new show so in terms of marketability they outmatch Dexter, and it's up in the air how many CN characters we will end up getting.

Want: 90%

Yeah I really enjoyed this show too. It was really entertaining with some creative stories and the moveset potential is off the charts. And as a side note, all these CN characters we keep talking about makes me want to play Punch Time Explosion again.

Noms:
Pacific Rim x5
He-Man x5

From now on, I will show what the noms list looks like right before it gets locked down. Honestly I'm not sure why I didn't do this before, but now it's in effect to add any needed clarity.

Noms List

75-99
Pinkie Pie x75

50-74
Homura Akemi x60
All Elite Wrestling rep x58
Raven x50

25-49
Blake Belladonna x48
Jessica Cruz x45
Knight & Ostrich x40
King Kong x40
Ash Williams x40
Concept: Yu-Gi-Oh rep x40
Yang Xiao Long x40
Sarge (R vs B) x40
Concept: Pacific Rim fighter x40
Wile E. Coyote x25
Pennywise x25
Steve Urkel x25
Sub-Zero x25
The Animaniacs rep x25
Monkey D. Luffy x25

1-24
He-Man x22
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Sam Spade x20
Gandalf x20
Audrey II x17
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Jack Torrance x10
Snow Miser x7
Six Flags content x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

THESE CHARACTERS ARE NOW LOCKED DOWN. NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE NULL & VOID.
Day 65 - Pinkie Pie (My Little Pony)
Day 66 - Homura Akemi (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) and Concept: All Elite Wrestling rep
Day 67 - Raven (Teen Titans) and Blake Belladonna (RWBY)
Day 68 - Jessica Cruz (DC Comics) and Knight & Ostrich (Joust)
Day 69 - King Kong and Ash Williams (Evil Dead)
Day 70 - Concept: Yu-Gi-Oh rep and Yang Xiao Long (RWBY)
Day 71 - Sarge (Red vs Blue) and Concept: Pacific Rim fighter

Noms List

75-99

50-74

25-49
Wile E. Coyote x25
Pennywise x25
Steve Urkel x25
Sub-Zero x25
The Animaniacs rep x25
Monkey D. Luffy x25

1-24
He-Man x22
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Sam Spade x20
Gandalf x20
Audrey II x17
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Jack Torrance x10
Snow Miser x7
Six Flags content x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Day over.

Rate Pinkie Pie from My LIttle Pony.

Some videos to get into the 4th wall breaking mood:

Calcs for Hunter X Hunter and Dexter coming soonish

CureParfait CureParfait Just to let you know, you earn 10 noms for rating both characters on a double day. I keep seeing people miss out on noms so I'll be sending out more reminders.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Pinkie Pie

Chance- 20%
My Little Pony Friendship is Magic is super popular nowadays yes. The reason why Pinkie Pie's chances is low in my opinion is that Hasbro is a pretty strict company regarding copyright as it is. Due to that I think Pinkie Pie or any MLP Friendship is Magic character would struggle to make it to the roster.

Want- 75%
Pinkie Pie is one of the ponies I am rather okay with and don't mind her inclusion. Seeing the Fighting is Magic game got canned I am rather curious to see a MLP character into a fighting game.

Noms-
Tomoe Mami- x5

amageish

Smash Master
Pinkie Pie

Chance: 40%. Pinkie Pie is one of the six main protagonists of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, one of the many animated series inspired by the My Little Pony series of dolls by Hasbro. The series was made by Discovery Family and is, therefore, retroactively a Warner Bros TV series given the recent merger of Warner Bros and Discovery a few months ago. The series ran for 9 seasons and has gotten two spin-offs: the non-pony-ified Equestria Girls and, more recently, the comedy series Pony Life.

LET'S WELCOME OUR NEW CORPORATE OVERLORDS, EVERYPONY!

The series developed a... rather fervent fanbase online. Suffice it to say: Some people really liked MLP; some people really didn't like MLP; some people really liked MLP and pretended they didn't; some people really didn't like MLP and pretended they did; and some people fell into an irony-feuled black hole where they could no longer tell what they enjoyed and what they hated apart from each other as they had spent so long sarcastically enjoying MLP that they began to actually unironically enjoy it.

Mods are asleep, rate ponies.

Point is: It dominated the internet for a time. It spawned a lot of memes. It had a lot of fan jargon. It's popular and fitting a game like this.

Pinkie Pie herself is, however, only one of the main leads. Born Pinkamena Diane Pie, Pinkie Pie is the groups' Party Pony and represents the element of laughter in the deep cosmology of the MLP series that apparently is a thing.

She was, from my memory, more or less the mascot of the series early into its run, but she's very much the fourth-wall-breaking reality-bends-her-whims cartoony character of the leads. I definitely could see her being sidelined in a game like Multiversus in favour of another character - notably Twilight Sparkle, who is more protagonist-esque in terms of the actual lore of the series.

Pinkie Pie defies you, Isaac Newton!

As for crossover history... Look, crossover fanart and fan mods themed around My Little Pony exist for so many different IPs that googling for crossovers is kind of a nightmare, but the TL;DR is that there's a decent amount of collabs. They've had several crossovers with other Hasbro IPs, including multiple comic book crossovers with Transformers. They've had a couple Wizards of the Coast collabs too, including a Magic the Gathering card set and a D&D figurine set. They also have had some cosplay sets including stuff like Plasmane, the Ghostbuster Pony... The theme song is also present in a mobile game in the Taiko No Tatsujin series.

One of my favourite comic book authors has written a MLP run... I have considered picking it up to try it out one day, but never gotten around to it.

Most recently (and what indirectly inspired me to nominate Pinkie Pie), the whole gang briefly cameoed in the Chip n Dale reboot in a sequence focused on a fan convention. They didn't speak in it though, just briefly cameoed in an action sequence.

This movie was a surprisingly good time! Worth seeking out.

Now, it should be worth stressing that the Warner/Discovery merger just happened a couple months ago. I don't think there's that much of a chance Warner pre-emptively decided to call up Hasbro to get My Little Pony content in this game, so I wouldn't expect it to appear for the first little while after the game's launch.

After that though? Yeah. I could see it. MLP is a huge brand, it has nostalgia for it, it overlaps with the audiences of other IPs already in the game, and this is the kind of thing that would get the game copious amounts of attention online. I wouldn't be all that shocked if it happens.

Want: 80%. I have seen a good handful of MLP episodes, but I wouldn't say I am a fan. I never engaged with the fandom and probably misused its signature slang and phrases in this write-up. The series has always seemed cute and it has a certain wholesomeness that a lot of the shows I remember from my childhood lacked, but I'm also not super interested in exploring the franchise further.

The episodes I've watched are mostly either holiday specials or episodes featuring guest stars I like, like the Weird Al episode and the Rachel Bloom episode.

That said, I do really love Them's Fightin' Herds, a 2D fighting game that evolved out of a MLP fangame. I think Pinkie Pie would end up being a delight to have in Multiversus, even if I wouldn't be super "hyped" for her inclusion.

Nominations: All on Princess Bubblegum

D

Deleted member

Chance- 5%
Now this is a character I never expected to rate on here. MLP is a classic and iconic franchise. Everyone has heard of it. But I'm not sure I see it getting in. While it does have some things going for it, such as airing on what is now a WB channel, and the popular FIM characters fitting in with the other 2010s cartoon characters in here. It has some major hurdles. They'd likely have to go to Hasbro to get the rights to use MLP, and I have a feeling Hasbro would bring up one of the more action orientated franchisees they own instead, such as Transformers, GI Joe or Power Rangers. MLP has had some crossover stuff in comics and the like. The show ended in 2019 but still has a spin off running and gets merch. I'm just not sure if a My Little Pony character is something the devs will consider. Honestly, if we where to get an MLP character I think Twlight Sparkle might be slightly more likely due to her use of magic.

Want - 5%
I've watched some of FIM and I thought it it was fine. Pinkie Pie, or any of the Mane Six, aren't really characters I'd want to see in a game like this. I guess the randomness of her inclusion would make me pretty amused. Pinkie Pie's personality would likely translate to a an reallt fun and unique moveset.

Noms to the Animaniacs

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Pinkie Pie (My Little Pony)

Chance: 35%
My Little Pony is an extremely iconic IP for sure. I just remembered Discovery Family is now a part of Warner Bros television. Thus, Pinkie Pie is a contender for MultiVersus. However, the main hurdle is Hasbro. Will Hasbro allow for Pinkie Pie in a platform fighter? Sure, there’s been a multitude of MLP crossovers but there’s only one fighting game with horses being Them Fightin’ Herds. Also, the tv show Friendship is Magic was super popular on the internet in the 2010s. Heck, the fandom even has their own convention. She has a shot but it’s a slim chance the pony gets in.

Want: 20%
I am not a fan of My Little Pony by any means. But, it’s super iconic especially the Friendship is Magic TV show which was popular on the internet. I solely want Pinkie Pie for Warner to show off everything they have rights to. Plus, I want to see more quadrupedal characters in fighting games to be honest. Overall, a fun pick.

Nominations:
Six Flags content x5
Sesame Street Content x5

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Pinkie Pie
Her Music: Pinkie Pie's Parasprite Polka

40%: If Hasbro(Or Discovery Family) is someone they need to talk to for My Little Pony Characters, Then They could be in this game. However no one is really pushing for MLP for Multiversus so they don't have high chances and if Discovery does own Friendship is Magic than they could include someone from the series they'd have to also ask Hasbro for the approval to which isn't impossible.

60%: I guess i wouldn't be too bothered by Pinkie, she'd be a interesting character to include and a great pick for a joke character, though i'm not too invested in a my little pony rep up until now.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Concept: Hunter X Hunter rep
Chance: 9.41%
Want: 56.25%

Dexter
Chance: 60.4%
Want: 75%

No noms list since calcs were done yesterday.

Deadpool's best friend

Chance: 40%

My LIttle Pony is a huge property with a massive and vocal fanbase. It's the 94th highest grossing media franchise, beating out IPs like Donkey Kong, Beauty and the Beast, Naruto, Legend of Zelda, etc. Yes sales ain't everything but it's no wonder why the franchise got a big boom in popularity over the past decade or so. And with it now airing on one of Warner Bros channels, it's likely that they will get tempted to get content in MultiVersus as it would be a big deal.

As for Hasbro being stingy, I've heard some things but at the same time they have done some comic book crossovers so they may or may not be an issue. What is an issue however is competition. MLP has an ensemble cast that includes characters like Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash who can work in a fighting game and are equally as important as Pinkie Pie. So even if we get MLP content in the game, it's not a guarantee we'll see her.

Want: 55%

I don't care about MLP. I watched one episode of Friendship is Magic a long time ago to give it a fair chance and it's just not for me. But overall it would be a big deal for the game and I like Pinkie Pie's antics so I wouldn't mind her joining the roster.

Noms:
He-Man x5
Pennywise x5

KillerCage

Smash Master
Wait, Warner Brothers owns My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic therefore they own PINKIE PIE!?

Chances- 25%

I would have rated Pinkie Pie lower if I wasn't remind of the fact that Discovery bought WB. With that said, I don't think her chances of getting into MultiVerses are good... hopefully for now. This merger was very recent, so she wouldn't been a potential option beforehand. Other have already mentioned that Pinkie Pie faces competition from the other members of the Mane Six. Personally I think she is one of the better options as only Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash would have higher priority. My main issue with her is Hasbro. Remember that fanmade MLP fighting game? Hasbro ordered a C&D resulting in the developers swapping out the MLP characters with OCs which gave birth to Them Fighting Herds. My point is I'm not sure if Hasbro would allow any My Little Pony character in a fighting game.

Want- 55%

I have never watched MLP:FIM. I did however watched a LOT of brony content. Through them I have a meager attachment to Pinkie Pie. If she gets into the roster of MultiVerses, I would be pleasently surprised.

My noms: Vilgax (Ben 10) x10

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Heh, her initials spell out PP

Chance: 19%
The MLP IP is owned by Hasbro. It has had plenty of incarnations (or generations) over the years, that have been adapted by several parties. For example, did you know that Marvel produced the G1 TV show, or that there was a movie starring Danny DeVito? Freaking rad. But, anyway, Pinkie Pie hails from the fourth generation*, the one best known for the show Friendship is Magic.

Friendship is Magic was a huge deal, in part because it, under the stewardship of Lauren Faust, bucked the trend that had defined prior toy-based animated shows by being actually kind of clever and respecting the viewer. There was also the matter of the Brony fandom, basically the show exceeded its intended demographic and reached an audience of adults that also got really into it. But regardless the show exploded and is really what 99% of people think about when they think MLP (to the point where G5 was a distant legacy sequel rather than a full-on reboot like prior gens, headcanons nonwithstanding). FiM got two spin-off shows, Equestria Girls and Pony Life, and a theatrical movie.

The network that FiM (and Pony Life, and some Equestria Girls movies and specials) ran on is co-owned between Discovery (majority stake) and Hasbro (minority stake). Discovery has now merged with Warner! So Warner not only has a history with MLP, they literally share ownership of a network, so business relations are by necessity tight.

Still, while most of G4 has found a home at Warner/Discovery, that doesn't mean they're the only game in town. The theatrical movie was at Lionsgate. The latest movie, which was meant to jumpstart G5, was going to be released by Paramount (Hasbro's main theatrical partner with stuff like Transformers and G.I. Joe) before the pandemic shunted it onto Netflix; a new show and special will soon follow. Granted, this was all before Discovery acquired Warner, and with them investing heavily in WB Animation, maybe they can woo Hasbro and MLP back to their side, but it's all very early days.

Still, what matters is, can they get the license? Many will point to C&D'd fangame Them's Fighting Herds as an example that no, because Hasbro doesn't want 'em ponies fighting. But I counter that it could be a Nintendo thing where they C&D fan stuff because they want the option to make it themselves for cash (see Metroid 2 remakes, Mario Battle Royale, their entire stance on emulation). Also consider: the recent Chip 'n Dale reboot, a takedown of Hollywood trends with lots of adult jokes, got the go-ahead to feature the Mane Six. So who knows? Maybe they're lax. I dunno, I get the feeling that MLP in MultiVersus is more likely than we'd think.

I'm no MLP expert, but I was under the impression that the show was the story of Twilight Sparkle. I was corrected of that misunderstanding and informed that it's an ensemble cast. That means Pinkie has a shot, but it's a shot from a revolver playing Russian roulette: one in six. There's six main ponies and if all of them can get in that's just more competition. I don't know enough about the show or the fandom to make predictions about this but I felt like I had to address it.

Want: 80%
My only exposure to MLP were the G4 and G5 movies. To my surprise (and chagrin?) I really enjoyed both. There's some real wit to the dialogue and jokes and you can tell the characters and stories are treated with a lot of care and love. I'm not surprised the show has such wide appeal, is what I'm saying. I don't consider myself a fan and I'm definitely not looking to get more into MLP (nothing wrong with liking it! I just don't know if I wanna be the guy that has to give explanations to people about why I'm watching the pony show) but I think I'd enjoy a character from it in MultiVersus, if only for the "holy **** they got this in the game" factor.

Also, if I had to pick my favorite out of the Mane Six, it'd be Fluttershy, because mood.

*There was a Pinkie Pie in G3 but for the purposes of this write-up I'll consider them separate characters.

noms: Henry Hill (Goodfellas) to honor the late great Ray Liotta

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Homura Akemi from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, as well as Concept: All Elite Wrestling rep.

Some videos to get into the magical girl mood:

And here are some videos to get into the wrestling mood:

D

Deleted member

Chance- 0%
I did say before that I think we could get some anime characters. And I still believe that. But I'm not sure i see Homura being one of those. Madoka is extremely popular in Japan, with a hit anime, a seires of three films, with a fourth on the way, various mangas and a popular mobile game spin off that got its own anime adaption, which just finished airing its final season in April. The orignal series received widespread critical acclaim. Warner did put out the films in Japan. But I'm not sure if the series is quite popular enough in the west to justify its inclusion. The anime did get a dub and the mobile game got brought over before being shut down down in 2020. It definitely has its fans. But it's still kind of niche all things considered. I think any anime characters that get in will be from extremely known series or big fan requests like Jojo. Homura is also not the main character of the series, that being the titular Madoka. And while we have seen some examples of them going with another character over the protagnist, and Houmora is an extremely important character in the series and is super popular, arguably more than Madoka in some places, I still feel they may go for the title character, and I don't know if they'd do more than one rep.

Want - 15%

Dispite my low chance rating, I am a fan of this seires. At least, of the orignal show. I haven't seen it since i was a teenager but I remember being really into it. Homura is a pretty good character who could have an interesting moveset.

Chance - 20%
AEW is the second largest wrestling promoter after the titan that is the WWE. Which is honestly pretty impressive considering they only started in 2019. Formed by former WWE star Cody Rhodes and the Yung Bucks, the company has quickly risen up in the industry and become a good alternative for those who don't want to deal with the WWE and their bad business practices. They have a bunch of shows and have even started getting video games. They're cleary doing well for themselves. However, the big issue is that wrestlers are just real people, and that leads to all sorts of tricky rights and likeness issues. We know we're apparently getting The NBA'S Lebron James on the roster but even he will likely be based on the animated segments from Space Jam: A New Legacy. Sports people like wrestlers also have the added issue that contracts expire and they go to other places. I don't know enouth about AEW to know who a character would be, though I know Kenny Omega is pretty popular and a huge gamer (reminder that this is the man who came out to a match dressed as Sans with Megalovaina playing), so would probably be up for it. There are also former WWE stars like CM Punk who would probably be pretty recognizable. This wouldn't be the first time wrestlers have appeared in a platform fighter, but AEW has yet to really engage in crossover stuff like WWE has, but that could just be down to recency. Personally I think we could maybe see it get representation in another form, such as a wrestling ring stage or an announcer from the company.

Want - 15%
Not a big wresting person. I used to be into it when I was a kid but I was out of it long before AEW started up. But I do enjoy wrestler type characters in fighting games. I guess they could do something cool if they really leaned into the performance side of professional wrestling. Not something I'm super invested in, but Its not something I'm opposed to.

Noms to Sub Zero

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
"I met her in a dream...or something"

(Cannot believe I actually get to rate this character seriously)

Chance: 0.01%
Homura has almost non-existent chances. Warner Bros. does not own the Puella Magi IP, they have merely served as distributors for the three (at the time of writing) Madoka movies, and only in Japan. The show is also currently available in HBO Max, but it's not an exclusivity deal. It can be found on Hulu, Funimation, Crunchyroll, as well as purchased on Prime Video. Puella Magi Madoka Magica, while a critically acclaimed series, is only really a franchise domestically. The mobile game Magia Record, which is as of now the only way the property still exists in the public conscious, flopped hard when brought over to the States, and the show's second season hasn't even received an English dub (at the time of writing, but it is highly unlikely this will change). While well known among anime fans, to anyone outside of that sphere, Homura is an extremely obscure character, and as time passes, less and less anime fans may immediately recognize her. She's also not even the title character, or even who the writer considers the main character (that would be Madoka and Sayaka, respectively). She is immensely popular though and much of the story does revolve around her actions, so it's entirely possible she would be picked first in the bizarro timeline where Madoka content happens. However, the only reason I'm not giving her a flat zero is because I'm biased. Technically she's not impossible, just very near to it. The game rights are not exclusively held by anyone as far as I can tell which is beneficial, but considering there are a whopping 4 whole video games in this series (only one of which was release outside of Japan), there's not much to go off of. Madoka Magica has done a bunch of random collaborations throughout the years (including Monster Hunter) though again, most of these collaborations have been Japan only. There is a fourth movie upcoming, and though it's unconfirmed if Warner is handling distribution like the previous three films, there is a very very minimal chance for cross promotion if one of the lead devs is a massive Madoka shill and can trick the Warner higher ups into going for it, and the guys at Aniplex say "whatever." Basically zero.

If there's one thing that I'd really like to see, it's Homura in any fighting game, but a platform fighter especially would be simply amazing. Homura is one of my favorite characters of all time. At first, I just liked her cool teleports and one specific scene where she throws everything she possibly can at a witch (it does not work), but every time I revisit the show I see new dimensions to her. She's incredibly well portrayed in both the original and dubbed versions. Though quite divisive, Rebellon is such a great film precisely because its themes so perfectly encapsulate Homura and follows her to the most logical conclusion. With Puella Magi being the niche property it is, there is almost no chance any of its characters will ever appear in any fighting game, much less get a fighting game of their own. I've long joked about Homura being a lock for Smash because of one innocuous tweet Sakurai made knowing full well she is completely ineligible. Now that there exists a fighting game with a really minor but still viable link to Puella Magi, it's my time. She has to get in.

I'm not lying, this is a real honest to goodness Sakurai tweet. Some day Homura Smash Brother will be real.

Even with that aside, her moveset would be one of a kind. Homura has the ability to stop time, which she mostly uses to teleport short distances to disguise the true nature of her abilities. Multiversus is unique in that it is one of the few platform fighters that could accurately portray this ability due to cooldowns being a major mechanic, and with the game being team based, it would allow Homura to function mostly as a support character. Homura, unique among other Magical Girls, uses stolen firearms and homemade bombs to fight as her weapon is a buckler shield. Thus far, she would stand out by being a dedicated gunfighter but even among gunfighters, Homura's movements are more graceful and flowing. WB's more well known gunfighters such as Neo tend to be more aggressive by comparison, and fight hand to hand. One other very important aspect of the Puella Magi series is Inu Curry's art direction for the witch's labyrinths. This unique style would make for one of the coolest stages in any fighting game period. I could go on forever about potential music picks because any one of the battle tracks would work fantastically.

In conclusion she's absolutely my most wanted technically viable character, up there with Paul ᑐᑌᑎᑕ, Neo, and Charles Kane. She will not get in.

AEW

Chance: Abstain
Not sure how I feel about the chances here sense I'm not a wrestling guy.

Would be funny to have more real people in the game fighting alongside cartoon icons, and wrestling characters are always fun. I've never been into wrestling myself so there are other things I would personally rather see, but I'm not opposed. Could be pretty cool.

Nominations:
Shuichi Kitaoka (Kamen Rider Ryuki) x5
(Another deep cut that isn't happening Kamen Rider Ryuki's western adaptation was handled by CW Kids :4pacman: )

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Akemi Homura

Chance- 20%
Puella Madoka Magica is a pretty popular mahou shojo series. While Homura and Madoka basically being icons for that series does boost her chances a bit. The only issue I see that is hurting her chances is competition against more mainstream anime such as Jojo, Sailor Moon or Dragon Ball.

Want- 90%
I am not a big fan of Madoka series in general but Homura is one of my favourites in there so I don't mind her inclusion at all. Plus her abilities would make a cool moveset and definitely a would like to main tier if she makes it.

AEW

Chance- 1%
The chances of an AEW rep making it is there. The issue regarding to putting real life people in games is a giant mess to deal with regarding copyright. So I am not sure if the developers want to deal with those types of issues.

Want- 0%
I am not too fond of the WWE esque wrestling stuff in general. I would prefer a Mucha Lucha rep over AEW if there is going to be a wrestling rep.

Noms
Tomoe Mami- x10

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Homura Akemi
Chance:
1%
As Tougon succinctly put it, WB only distributes the Madoka movies and while Madoka is a big series for fans of the medium, it's no longer the early-2010s. It was once a cultural powerhouse in its circles but now I think it's just a series that is fondly remembered and fairly influential but not large enough to make it into a crossover like this. They would definitely go for bigger anime first if they wanted to add an anime character at all.

Want: 40%
I admit, I don't really like Madoka that much. I think it has great music, it does what it does well enough, and in a vacuum it's very emotional and succeeds on a lot of levels. But holy hell, I hate Gen Urobuchi. From his vile comments about the show and its purpose in interviews to the fact that I've seen him write the same story (which is just Kamen Rider Ryuki) constantly I just don't trust anything he makes. It's too edgy and grim for me, and it's a shame as said because Madoka is basically fine but man. He really did just come into the magical girl genre and decide that it wasn't dark enough and that girls deserved to be punished for daring to have ambitions.

...Anyway...

Homura is awesome. I hate what Rebellion did (which is wild because normally I'm all about stories about idealization and hyperfocus on the image of someone versus their actual self - this one just didn't hit at all for me) but in the series proper Homura has tons of cool powers, a great backstory, and you follow along with her as she goes through hell again and again trying to do the right thing. She'd be amazing in a platform fighter just because of her powers - time powers, bullet powers, magical girl powers...you know, powers. I'd love to see how she'd work mechanically and despite my feelings on the Madoka franchise and Gen Urobuchi he really stumbled into a great character with her.

---

MULTIVERSUS is ALL ELITE

Chance:
10%
This is something very interesting. Warner Bros Discovery owns TBS and TNT, and AEW has actually become a HUGE "pillar" for them in the two short years they've been on the air. For those who don't know their history, wrestling returning to TBS/TNT was a HUGE deal. The last time WarnerMedia and TBS/TNT had wrestling on their networks was WCW back in the 90s/00s. WCW is one of the most historically important companies ever as it is one of the only companies to ever take on Vince McMahon's wrestling empire and make a massive dent in it. In fact, WWE buying WCW and becoming the only game in town is a massive reason why a lot of people don't watch wrestling anymore - WCW's fans were that loyal. And guess what? With AEW on the air, we FINALLY have another alternative to WWE that has great talent, marketing, budget, and smart people involved. It's modern, it's unique, and it's only growing. In fact, after the Warner/Discovery merger, AEW was highlighted in the advertiser pitch so corporate still sees big bucks in the company. Now, will that translate to Multiversus? Hmm, I'm not sure. We know that the dev team is fine with real-world athletes getting into the mix, and you know they're gonna want to push the NBA and other big names. And hey, these are athletic combat theater actors. It's not hard to make a wrestler moveset. I think it's a small chance...but there's still a chance.

Some of you who have been around Smashboards for a while may know that I was once a professional wrestler who trained under major TV names. I've since left the ring, but my love for pro wrestling will never truly leave me. Unfortunately, it's been tough being a wrestler or wrestling fan in today's climate. WWE is a cesspit of scandal and talent misuse that has only gotten worse since the pandemic, independent companies are places you'll never get paid unless you're willing to break your body and travel all across the country on your own dime, backstage is a difficult minefield of egos to navigate, and other companies never seemed to reach the heights needed to provide a true alternative...until AEW. AEW is fresh, it's modern, and it's run by some of the biggest never-WWE guys in Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks. They've managed to get massive names, like bringing back retired wrestler CM Punk seven years after he left WWE because they nearly destroyed his body and his love of pro wrestling. They've created new stars like "Hangman" Adam Page and re-created ex-WWE wrestlers like Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan) and Jon Moxley (Dean Ambrose) to the point that they feel more authentic and themselves, bigger stars than they ever were before.

It's a fledgling company! It's only been around for, what. three years? But in that three years it's established itself as the company that made wrestling cool and alternative again! You get legends like Sting and Chris Jericho teaming up with new names that will become your new favorites like Dr. Britt Baker, Sammy Guevara, and Eddie Kingston. Every episode of AEW Dynamite has fun and electricity to it, giving you crazy matches and spectacular athleticism with an adult edge.

AEW made me love wrestling after wrestling itself tried to stamp it out of me. I want AEW to continue to thrive, and that means I want someone awesome in Multiversus. I think my pick would definitely be Kenny Omega as he's a singles star who made himself without ever touching WWE and is as "AEW Original" as it gets, and he's also a huge gamer and is just super fun as a guy in general. The Young Bucks are great as a team and would be amazing to add though., with their signature Superkick Party being a killer double team move. Lots of potential there, but I don't think they'd want to add two brothers as two slots and as a singles slot they seem a little odd.

Wrestler characters in games will always be fun. It allows them to take the artform of wrestling and turn it into real, exaggerated combat. It makes wrestling feel as amazing as it seems when you watch it on TV.

I know not everyone here is a wrestling fan, but I really do ask you to, if you ever were in the past, give AEW a shot. You'll find some of the coolest atheletes in the world putting on a stunt show for the ages. I'm gonna post a five minute clip from this week's AEW Rampage show of Dante Martin, a new wrestler with crazy athleticism, versus Jon Moxley, one of AEW's biggest names. You really understand the excitement of AEW from this clip, from the hot crowd to the athletic maneuvers of Martin to Moxley's rough, smash mouth style. I hope you enjoy.

Nominations: Sam Spade xMax

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I'll probably abstain on both, i don't know enough Madoka Magica nor have i seen it yet and I'm not too familiar with AEW just WWE.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Homura did nothing wrong

Chance: 12%
Homura is a major character in the anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica and the main character of the movie Rebellion. I won't get into much detail because it's a very spoilerrific franchise but basically it's a deconstructive take on the magical girl genre. From that description you can probably gather that moveset potential is not an issue. PMMM was critically acclaimed, being compared to Evangelion and considered one of the greatest anime of the decade; it also made the big dollar signs, with merch, manga, videogames, pachinko, and yes, movies, following after. There were three films: the first two were kind of an abridged version of the show's story, while the third one, Rebellion, was a continuation of the story. There's a fourth one in the works that's supposed to come out soon.

I was going to give this one the old "anime escapes our current media landscape of consolidated IPs under few major conglomerates" corollary, but it turns out Warner Japan released the movies, which I feel is a stronger connection. It is true that it's no longer 2011, or even 2014, when Madoka was all the rage, but it's still an incredibly highly regarded anime with a sizeable fanbase and an upcoming new project to bring it back to relevance, so it would be worth getting the rights. Not the first anime they'll go for, but if they want to get semi-deep into the well, make a better anime fighter than Jump Force, and with the connection being stronger than most, it's in a decent position.

As for who the rep would be, well, Madoka is the obvious choice as the title character and protagonist. But Homura is A) a very important character in the narrative, B) the star of the movie, and C) maybe the most popular character. So I think there's a strong case to make for her as the actual frontrunner and Madoka as the underdog. Maybe the next movie will change that, but who knows what that will be about?

Anyone who knows me knows me and anime are like peanut butter and people with peanut butter allergies. I respect it from afar. But this friend of mine told me Rebellion was his favorite movie of all time and I was like "damn". That's a big statement, there's lots of movies out there to pick. So, what the hell, I gave it a try. It was a mind**** of the highest caliber. Amazing. Philosophically dense, emotionally honest, with insane visuals, glorious action, and pretty good explanations of the show's plot for a neophyte like me. I must admit, I really liked it, and the show is on my list of things I want to check out in the future (not now though because it sounds depressing). Homura is a great character and getting her in MultiVersus would be peak "holy **** how did they do this" much like yesterday's rep.

Abstain on AEW. Wrestling is incredibly popular these days with several stars being well known to the mainstream (not just the ones that crossed over to Hollywood). WWE is obviously the biggest one with the most famous and iconic wrestlers past and present, but wrestling fans really took to AEW and since WB is involved in it it has a fighting chance. However I'm abstaining because I just don't know how the licensing would work. We know real individuals are game, but how do ring names and kayfabe play into it? How do exclusivity contracts play into it? If WB wants to put Kenny Omega in MultiVersus, do they approach Tyson Smith? The Khans? Both? Would Kenny Omega's moves be a minefield of okays they need to get from all the videogames they're named from? There are just too many questions that I would need answered before even starting to consider whether WB would even want a wrestling rep versus just putting Black Adam or Peacemaker in it and calling it a day.

However if there's anything you should take away from this it's that wrestling's good.

Noms: Henry Hill

KillerCage

Smash Master
Homura Akemi will be back in time!

Chances- 2%

I think Dune and @Darkonedagger did an excellent job explaining why Homura's chances are so low. While a popular IP in both the East and West, Madoka Magica is just outclassed by other anime franchises such as Jojo. The fact that WB doesn't have any ownership on Madoka is really damaging. With that said, I am being a bit more generous with my score. If you would ask me which character in Madoka Magica is the most important and has the best chance at being playable in MultiVerses, it would be Homura. Lets not forget that Eleven from Stranger Things is in the code of MultiVerses and she has no connection to WB. Regardless, Homura Akemi will have a quite MASSIVE up hill battle if she wants to be in MultiVerses.

Want- 85%

Homura has GREAT potential for a MultiVerses moveset. Her arsenal of firearms and her time powers I think would have great synergy with the rest of the roster. If she does get into MultiVerses, I will pop off so hard!

AEW? We're not talking about WWE?

I'm going to abstain from giving a chance or want score. I don't watch wrestling so I'll be heavily biased against them if I did rated them.

My noms:
Vilgax (Ben 10) x10
Transformers Prime rep x5

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I HAVE AWOKEN

As owner of the Homura for Multiversus Thread (link in signature!), it'd be criminal for me not to chip in on this momentous day.

Chance: 1%

Yeah...I'd be lying if I said Homura's chances were good, because they most certainly aren't. In fact, I'd be lying if I said Homura's chances were anything more than a remote, infinitesimal possibility bordering on impossible. For one, her association with Warner Bros. is, in of itself, a technicality. Warner Bros. only owns the distribution rights to some of the Madoka movies in Japan only. While, if leaks are to be believed, association with Warner Bros. isn't a prerequisite for addition into the roster, it begs the question of why they would decide on the deuteragonist of a long dormant anime series (albeit one that's not entirely dead, as a sequel to Rebellion is coming...at some point in the future) instead of the protagonist and namesake of said series, or...a character from a more relevant series that Warner Bros. has more direct ties to (Jojo's anyone?). While Madoka is an iconic anime series, one that I'd recommend any fan of anime watch at some point, and while Homura could bring a really cool moveset to Multiversus, I don't see her getting in.

There is no character I want more for this game. For one, she's super cool, and for another, imagine all the clout my support thread would get if it actually happened! I could make my own cult of personality from that, and RULE OVER MULTIVERSUS SPECULATION

Actually though she's probably one of my most favorite anime characters of all time, and of all the anime characters to be added to Multiversus I'll stand by my statement that she'd be one of the best.

Abstaining from AEW because I know nothing of them.

Nominations:
Tomoe Mami- x10

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Pinkie Pie
Chance: 28%
Want: 53.75%

Noms List

75-99

50-74

25-49
The Animaniacs rep x35
Pennywise x30
He-Man x27
Wile E. Coyote x25
Steve Urkel x25
Sub-Zero x25
Monkey D. Luffy x25

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Sam Spade x20
Gandalf x20
Audrey II x17
Sesame Street content x15
Six Flags content x12
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Jack Torrance x10
Princess Bubblegum x10
Vilgax x10
Henry Hill x10
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Tomoe Mami x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
being meguca is suffering

Everyone already said their piece about why Homura isn’t happening, so I’ll keep this brief. WB is only associated with the films, the franchise doesn’t have the staying power it did in the 2010s, Madoka is niche as hell in the grand scheme of things, the list goes on. In her defense though, I do think Homura would be one of the top candidates for a Madoka rep should the stars align in its favor. She is one of the main driving forces of the plot, a fan-favorite character, and the star of the WB distributed Rebellion. There’s a chance that the new movie could push Madoka back into the spotlight, but if the various sequels and spin-offs couldn’t keep the franchise relevant outside of Japan, I doubt the new movie will change much.

So Madoka’s one of those series I have a huge nostalgic soft spot for. You see, Madoka was my gateway into becoming the anime fan I am today. Yeah I’ve watched Pokemon and a lot of the mid-2000s Toonami staples, but Madoka was the first show I actively sought out and fell in love with. I hadn’t seen anything quite like it before. It was emotional, it was darker than anything I was used to, it had some really stellar art direction, it was everything 13 year old me could’ve wanted out of a show and more. While I’m more critical of the series now as a media literate 22 year old, I could never bring myself to hate the series that got me into anime.

A huge part of what made Madoka resonate with me on my first viewing, and is still one of series’ strongest assets, is Homura’s characterization. Not only is she a deeply compelling tragic character with so many nuances that make dissecting her so fun, she’s just awesome on a surface level. Even if you’re not the biggest Madoka fan, you can’t tell me that a time-traveling teenage girl who fights with stolen military weapons isn’t the coolest ****ing concept for a fighting game character ever. She’d have an incredible moveset, and that’s not even getting into how gorgeous a Madoka stage would be or how many bangers they could include.

So yeah, Homura based. As unlikely as she is, she’d be a god-tier addition.

Abstaining on AEW since I know way too little about professional wrestling to give an informed analysis, but I will absolutely pop off for Kenny Omega on the off chance he gets a Sans alt.

Any opportunity to have Toby Fox make Megalovania again should be taken.

All noms on Audrey II

Last edited:

Tekken_Guy

Smash Apprentice
Homura

Chance: 10%

This is an Anime franchise that I have no knowledge about. I have heard of it but have never watched it. Anyway, the connections to WB are very poor at best, just that they distributed the rights to some of the movies in Japan. This is generally not a good sign for the franchise’s chances. Not helping matters is that there are a lot more prominent anime franchises that will in all likelihood take priority over it, such as Dragon Ball, Naruto, and JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure. And I think given that a lot of these had global video distribution rights and ties to Toonami and Adult Swim, those series will take priority over PMMM. And even then, I’d say that Madoka, as the title character, would be going in first. Even if they did try to go with a female anime character there are many who are more iconic, including arguably the most famous female anime character of all time, Sailor Moon.

So yeah, Homura is a very unlikely character to be in and I’ll be very surprised to see her make it in. There’s just too little connections to WB and too many character ahead of her

Want: 0%

Nope. Don’t care about this franchise one bit and have zero interest. I’d rather go with the characters I actually recognize, like Goku.

AEW

All Elite Wrestling has been the hottest thing on the wrestling market ever since it launched in 2019, even more so than WWE. Given it’s broadcast on TNT and TBS, both Time Warner owned stations, it’s clear there’s an opening for the promotion to appear. However, Warner doesn’t own AEW itself, and they’d probably be a third party franchise here. More complicated however is the rights to the wrestlers themselves. A lot of wrestlers have control over their own likenesses and MultiVersus might need permission from the wrestlers themselves to get in.

Further complicating matters is that wrestling is a form of real life entertainment. Putting wrestlers in the game are basically like putting real people in it. Also, given the limitatons of the real world they may be out of place in a game fighting fantastical characters. AEW may be a nice pipe dream but it’s not likely to make it.

I am a huge wrestling fan and I’d be very excited to play as a professional wrestler in MultiVersus. Gotta be one of the bigger names like Omega, Moxley, Punk, Danielson, etc. or one of the legends like Sting. In the very unlikely event it happens I’d mark out.

Putting all my nominations on Six Flags.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Magic girl shenanigans

Chance: 5%

Now this is an IP that is interesting to analyze. Its popularity has made great strides in Japan, yet it's relatively obscure in the West. When it comes to anime characters, I see them as the equivalent of western characters in Smash: Something that is on the cards, but we'll see only a handful of them, at least for the initial time period of the game. And when we do, we'll definitely see the top dogs like JoJo, DBZ, Naruto, etc go into the ring first. Now whether or not Warner Bros is gonna go the extra mile to get stuff like Madoka in the game, it's up in the air. We can see that the roster choices so far heavily skew towards characters well known in the west, but to be fair it's still early in the game's speculation cycle (The game hasn't even been released yet) so there is still time for them to introduce a bunch of diverse characters.

But there's another wrench being thrown in here: Homura is not the main character. So while she's important and popular among fans, she isn't guaranteed to be the rep and if we do get content from this series, I'm not expecting a whole lot of characters, hence this very low score as she has a sliver of a chance assuming she gets lucky and several factors line up in her favor.

I knew nothing about Madoka coming into this day, but I have to say, I truly believe this has been a great day so far with all the Madoka fans coming in here to voice their support and the writeups have been splendid. You all did a great job at getting me curious about the series, I think I will add it on my bucket list of stuff to watch. Overall, this is the kind of day that makes RTC truly shine.

And now for the manly man discussion

Chance: 15%

AEW certainly has made a name for itself in recent years, even giving the gigantic WWE a run for its money. With the recent merge with Discovery, I could see an AEW rep be included as a way to advertise Warner Bros' new catalogue of TV material. The only concern is that this involves real life people who go in and out of contracts so depending on how video games relate to that, it could cause some wonky legal complications. Wrestling is a huge sport, but it makes you wonder if Warner Bros may just go with a wrestler they 100% own to avoid legal shenanigans.

Fun fact: There was a point in my life (when I was about 11 years old) that I was into wrestling for a bit. That's because I had Smackdown vs Raw 2010 and man I poured so many hours into that game, it showed me just how cool wrestling could be. But now, I haven't really cared about wrestling for a long time, in fact I didn't even know AEW existed. But if we did get an AEW rep, hey I don't mind. A wrestling moveset would be quite fun and it would add some variety to the roster.

Noms: Ultraman x15

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Raven from Teen Titans, as well as Blake Belladonna from RWBY.

Some videos to get into the superhero mood:

And here are some videos to get into the cat girl mood:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The Raven that is not of the Worst Mother of the Year type

Chance: 99%

Once again there's no avoiding leaks here and Raven's been in them a decent bit. But putting that aside, Raven is a very popular character among the DC cast and is one of the main members of the Teen Titans. As such she's in pretty much any DC media that includes the team between the old cartoon, Go! and the more recent animated DC films. She's also been playable in Injustice before, there was an OK KO crossover episode she was in and she's got a few skins in Fortnite even. It's clear that DC sees her as one of their bigger characters.

Raven is a fantastic character all around, even in some of the weaker media she tends to stand out. She's got a really cool set of powers to use and Tara Strong puts in an excellent portrayal as her in her animated appearances.

buzzing intensifies

Chance: 95%

Much like with Weiss she gets the same rating as Ruby because she's one of the titular characters of the show. However if I were to rank the team RWBY girls against each other Blake would unfortunately fall to fourth place. She's not the main character like Ruby, she isn't getting a spin-off anime with an apparent focus on her like Weiss and Yang is explosively popular. Blake kinda doesn't have all of that, she's really popular and she's one half of the most popular ship (alongside Yang) but among team RWBY she's in last overall. But regardless she's one of the titular characters of the show and on that front her chances are excellent. The only thing to note here is that with BBTAG, she and Yang were held off as free dlc characters with Blake dropping on day 1. That they were held off is a case of prioritising Ruby and Weiss first but them being free where everyone else was paid for in packs of three (or a set of four and then nine with future additions) shows an acknowledgement that you can't really separate the girls.

God I love Blake. She's probably in my top 5 for my favourite RWBY characters and second overall from the team. She has really fun moveset potential with her checks notes Variant Ballistic Chain Scythe, Gambol Shroud. Basically it's a pistol, a katana and a sickle on a chain ribbon all in one and the sheath is able to be used in combat for dual wielding purposes. The sickle can be used like a grappling hook so she can swing around arenas where possible and she's also able to shoot out blade beams. What makes her stand out is her semblance, Shadow. With these Blake leaves an image of herself behind to take an attack whilst she runs away, she's able to use them to propel her around really quickly which further adds to her ability to get around. She's also able to augment her Shadow Clones with dust so that they gain further properties. Of note is Fire Clones that explode when hit so the foe gets damaged, Ice Clones which can cause the opponent to get stuck for a bit and Stone Clones which are able to have more of a physical presence and create an obstacle.

Blake's cool, her actress is awesome, she's a cat, her ear animations are great.

Noms:
All on He-Man

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Raven
Her Song: Teen Titans
99%: I'm not gonna give any reason why she's got a 99% chance but she could potentially get in thanks to her known presence from Teen Titans Go! Though even if the show is the reason for her inclusion, they would likely go for a more comic book design & personality for Raven similar to the other DC characters.

Hopefully i was as vague as possible to hide her datamine files.

70%: I think Raven would be a good choice, i'm not too sure about how i feel besides the fact that she's the most popular character & the more liked teen titans member.

Blake
Her Song: From Shadows
50%: I don't know if Blake is really has a chance to get in, RWBY might be one of Rooster Teeth's Most Popular though it's likely they'll only go for Just Ruby or Ruby & Yang(Or Weiss) and Blake doesn't have the highest chances compare to the rest of her team, However i might be wrong on this & blake could get in alongside Ruby & one or two of the others or both teams.

50%: Blake's ok(When she's not with Yang) though if anything she's not my most pushed or wanted character for RWBY, i'd rather prefer if it was Ruby & Yang since they are sisters.

D

Deleted member

Yoo Goth Girl Double Day

Chance- 100%
Teen Titans is a pretty major part of DC, partly due to the popular 2000s cartoon and the divisive but successful Teen Titans GO spin off, and Raven is an extremely popular character. She has a history of being the Titan's rep in things. She was in the first Injustice, she got in Fortnite, was in Lego Dimensions with the other titans, she was even part of the OK KO crossover Nexus episode. She has history of being chosen for these kind of things. But there is something else that makes me rate Raven so highly and that is that she has voicelines in the files and considering that other characters with those such as Iron Giant and Taz have since been confirmed playable, I think that makes Raven extremely likely. The big question is which version we get. TTG is extremely successful and tends to be what they go for. But this game is built heavily on nostalgia, so they may want to go for the 2003 cartoon. But personally my predation is that it will be a more general comics inspired version like the other DC characters.

Want - 95%
Yeah. I like Raven. I think she's an interesting character with a cool powerset. Theres so much you could do with her abilities. I'd prefer if wasn't the GO verison, but even then I wouldn't mind too much. She's due to have some great interactions with the rest of the cast.

Chance- 60%
Same rating as Weiss. I could see it but I think we'll get Ruby Rose first. We could just get Ruby bur I think the series is popular enotuh to jusity more. Who we get is up for debate. But I could see them adding the rest of the team. Yang is proablly the most popular from what i've seen but team RWBY are kind of a package deal. They are all pretty popular and have diverse powersets. The team usually gets added together to things, see Blazblue Cross Tag Battle. Only issue I could I could see if they go with just Ruby, or they decide to only do two reps, at which point she's competing with the other two.

Want- 50%
I haven't watched RWBY in years but I remember liking Blake a lot. She was probably my favorite after Yang. She has such cool powers and is a really fun character. I think she'd be really fun in a platform fighter.

Noms to Gandalf

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
That's So Raven

Chance: 100%
Raven is part of the team known as the Teen Titans. It's an incredibly popular team in the comics and got adapted into a great TV show, then a terrible but popular animated show, then another terrible but unpopular live-action show. Raven herself could be considered its breakout star and is often picked to represent it in DC-wide crossovers. And she's also been leaked.

Like everyone on the planet Earth I like TT and Raven. As long as it's not the Go! version of her (which like most characters in that show is Raven in name only) I'm stoked.

Abstain on Blake because I don't know a thing about RWBY

Noms to Henry Hill

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Raven

Chance- 95%
Raven has a pretty good chance overall. Given ever since the 2003 Teen Titans Raven's presence has been huge. Her being one of the more popular Titans helps her chances pretty well.

Want- 50%
It depends what version of Raven it is for this case. If it is the 2003 one it is one of my least wanted while I don't mind the recent Teen Titans movie version of her.

Blake
Chance- 60%
Her chances are pretty decent, to be honest I think Team RWBY as a whole have a decent enough chance. Blake's chances are slightly lower due to mainly I see Ruby and Weiss making it before her.

Want- 90%
Blake is one of my favourite Rwby characters. I would love to see her in Multiversus since she is a pretty cool character and has cool powers.

Noms
Tomoe Mami- x10

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Homura Akemi
Chance: 5.20%
Want: 68.5%

Concept: All Elite Wrestling rep
Chance: 9.4%

Noms List

75-99

50-74

25-49
Sub-Zero x45
Sam Spade x40
The Animaniacs rep x35
Audrey II x32
Six Flags content x32
Pennywise x30
He-Man x27
Wile E. Coyote x25
Steve Urkel x25
Monkey D. Luffy x25
Henry Hill x25
Mami Tomoe x25

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Gandalf x20
Vilgax x20
Sesame Street content x15
Ultraman x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Jack Torrance x10
Princess Bubblegum x10
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Shuichi Kitaoka x5
Transformers Prime rep x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Nominations:
Shuichi Kitaoka (Kamen Rider Ryuki) x5
(Another deep cut that isn't happening Kamen Rider Ryuki's western adaptation was handled by CW Kids :4pacman: )
Just so you know, you actually earned 15 noms, but since you wrote "x5", I couldn't give you more than 5. I know that seems stupid, but it's to be fair to the other participants who lost out on noms. If you aren't sure how many noms you earned, you can just write "xMax".

5,4,3,2,1 Teens next door!

Chance: 80%

The Teen Titans are a famous group of superheroes from the DC comics. In addition to appearing in recent DC animated shows, they got a hit TV show in the 2000s, plus a spinoff called "Toddler Titans" in the 2010s...wait it's not called that? Well it should be. Anyway out of all the members of the Teen Titans (Aside from Robin who is already famous for being Batman's sidekick), Raven seems to be the most popular one with her appearing in numerous crossovers, including Fortnite? That's a pretty big deal. I would say even putting aside her possibly being leaked, she is very likely either way.

I grew up with the OG Teen Titans cartoon. It was kickass, the characters had depth, the stories were quite deep for a cartoon in the 2000s, and the action was entertaining. I would be very happy with any of the members of the Teen Titans and Raven is no exception. She has a very good design as well as some wicked powers. My only concern is that they might go with the TT Go! version which would be 😬 but otherwise I'm cool with either the OG or comic version.

Blake

Chance: 60%

I made the argument on Weiss' day that we could very well see all four members of team RWBY in MultiVersus. The four girls make up the name of the show and are always shown together in advertising. Not to mention they are all very popular and have great moveset potential. Sure, I won't deny the possibility that we might just get Ruby and one other character, but considering RWBY A. Has gotten so many crossovers like in Paladins and BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle B. Has references in mainstream films like Doctor Sleep and C. Is Rooster Teeth's most popular series, I think the devs might give the series a bone and throw in the main 4 in there.

You guys remember how I got into RWBY thanks to Ruby's day? Well 4 months later I'm caught up on the show and it's my second favorite show overall. I adore this show to death. I love the characters, I love the small, wholesome moments between characters, I love the weapons and semblances, and I love the music. The early volumes were hilarious and had a charm to them and the recent volumes have been kickass. Do I have issues with RWBY? Yes. Sometimes the writing falls flat and there are some aspects of the show that don't live up to their full potential. But what makes up for those mistakes....is heart. This series has a lot of heart to it and you can tell from the dialogue and themes that the crew does care about it. And that passion comes through in the big and small moments.

Let me tell you all a story. I didn't let this out for whatever reason, but at the very beginning of this year (on New Year's Day in fact), I contracted COVID. I was sick for a couple weeks and my whole family got it. Thankfully everyone recovered just fine, but it was scary for a while there. It didn't help that we couldn't work so there was some concerns with money. Needless to say, it was a stressful time.

But it was also at that time that I started up this thread since I had a lot of time on my hands and enough of you all had voted for Ruby to be the second character rated. I got curious about RWBY from my research and from what people were saying. So I started to watch it and man that was the perfect time to get into the show. I was getting depressed from not working and seeing my family all stressed out. But what kept me sane was RWBY. Those early volumes at Beacon were exactly what I needed. They were packed with comedy and wholesome moments. I got lost in the show and it made me forget about my worries. What's funny too is that by the time I recovered and my life got back to normal, I was on Volume 4 which is all about moving on from difficult times. It was like as if RWBY was representing my life in a way.

And for that, I'm so grateful I have RWBY in my life. It has one of my favorite casts of characters and it makes me happy everytime I think about it. I would love for it to get a bunch of characters in MultiVersus. Weiss is so cool and Cinder is neat too. I'll talk about the other characters more as they get rated (Yang is already being nominated) but yeah most of the main cast have exciting moveset potential and seeing them interact in MultiVersus would be a sight to behold.

R.I.P Monty Oum. Thank you so much for all the joy that you brought me and others.
You can look at my post above from Weiss' day if you want to know my full thoughts on RWBY. But in a nutshell, I can't gush enough about it as its my second favorite show. I adore it to death. The first couple volumes have so much charm and humor that make it so rewatchable and a comfy viewing. While the show did falter a bit in Volumes 4 and 5, I actually thought Volumes 6-8 were very solid and revitalized the show.

As for Blake, she's a very well written character. I actually think she is the character that has gotten the most development out of everyone on the show (Though Ruby and Weiss give her strong competition in that regard). At the beginning of the series she was reclusive and hid the fact that she's a Faunus, plus a former member of the White Fang, led by her former love interest Adam who turns tyrannical. But as she hung out with her team members, she opens up more and learns the importance of friendship, thus letting herself be more open to others and allowing herself to stand up to Adam. The combination of her serious and funny moments makes her a memorable character and of course her weapon is cool. I can't express enough how much I want team RWBY in MultiVersus.

Noms:
Shuichi Kitaoka x10
Ultraman x5

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Raven really hates her dad.

Chances- 99%

What more can I add to this discussion? Raven is a DC character so normally I would say she would have stiff competition. The thing is dataminers found her in MultiVerses' code. At this point, Raven is practically confirmed.

Want- 75%

Like so many, I grew up with the 2003 Teen Titans cartoon. I have a fondness for Raven so I wouldn't mind her inclusion in MultiVerses. My only hiccup is that there are already plenty of DC characters in the roster.

Blake Belladonna is forever in shadows.

Chances- 35%

Here is another member of Team RWBY. I feel that Ruby Rose should have higher priority than Blake. After all, Ruby is the face of RWBY. Man, I'm being harsh to Blake.

Want- 15%

I'll be honest here. Blake is my least favorite member of Team RWBY. I wouldn't care if she made it into MultiVerses.

My noms:
Vilgax (Ben 10) x5
Transformers rep x5

amageish

Smash Master
I, uh, accidentally missed the last day entirely... Whoops!

Raven

Chance: 99%. Welcome back to awkwardly rating a leaked character! That said, yeah, Raven is kind of the go-to Teen Titans rep and the Teen Titans appear in most projects DC content appears in. Raven's in Fortnite. She's in LEGO Dimensions. She's in Roblox. She'll probably be in Multiversus too.

Through Teen Titans Go!, she's met tonnes of other Warner Bros characters. There's the obligatory Scooby-Doo crossover, of course (both in the show itself and the comic series Scooby Doo Team Up from which I have gotten most of the Scooby Doo crossovers I bring up), but it goes deeper then that. They've had crossovers with The Powerpuff Girls (2016), Thundercats (Roar), Freakazoid!, The Looney Tunes, Beetlejuice (specifically the musical), and... checks notes Colonel Sanders in a promotional comic book called KFC: Crisis of Infinite Colonels... Man, KFC marketing is bizarre.

1655961136422.png
1655962343695.png

I'm still hung up on the KFC thing, honestly, but I'll... try to let it go...

Prior to that she and her fellow titans had a notable comic book crossover with... The X-Men??? Man, it's crazy what kind of stuff happened before Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny had their hands in Marvel and DC...

Rate Their Chances Multiversus Edition Day 379: Logan Wayne / Dark Claw from Amalgam Comics

Anyway... Point is: She's pretty darn likely to rep her team in Multiversus.

Want: 95%. Yeah, I like Raven. I don't know if she's my favourite titan or anything, but she's definitely a fun character. Lots of cool magical moveset potential for Multiversus - frankly, even her TTG could be fun mechanically, though that'd definitely not be the ideal way of representing her or the franchise...

Blake

Chance: 60%. Blake is, of course, one of the main protagonists and title characters of RWBY. Like virtually everyone in that franchise, she feels custom-made for a fighting game with a lot of cool weaponry and unique powers. She's full of moveset potential in that regard.

Lotta really cool potential for zoning with her, assuming they wouldn't just make her clones into counters with various status effects...

Like I said last time we rated RWBY characters, I think RWBY content will basically boil down to fan demand. RWBY is not even close to the biggest IP in Warner's library by any means, but it has an active fandom that could end up buying RWBY cosmetics.... and if those sell, then I could see more and more RWBY content getting into the game in general. I think they'd probably start with just Ruby herself and see where things go from there.

Now, I also covered the crossover history pretty extensively last time, though a new notable collab has been announced since: a crossover with Paladins, another Hi-Rez game after RWBY was the first series to get a crossover Battle Pass in Smite... Beyond that, it had some brief cameos in stuff like Doctor Sleep and Matrix Resurrections...

This is a game I have always meant to try, but never got around to it... so maybe this collab will push me to actually play it...

It's most notable crossover is probably the Justice League x RWBY comic series, where they reimagine some of DC's most famous heroes in the ways they'd exist the RWBY world of Remnant. A neat way of doing the crossover to be sure...

Looking at the schedule/noms-list, I think I'm going to need to make a dedicated file folder of images from this comic to use in these write-ups...

So, overall, I think Blake has decent odds as a Team RWBY member, but I'm not expecting her to turn up that early in the game's lifespan either.

Want: 96%. I really like Blake's powerset. Yeah, sure, "emotionally distant character has powers that enable her to escape people/situations" is not going to win "Most Unique Writing" awards anytime, but it's a well-executed trope nonetheless. Is she the RWBY character I'd be most excited to see in Multiversus? No, but I'd still be pretty happy to see her.

Noms: All on Princess Bubblegum

Top Bottom