• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 126 - Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time, as well as Henry Hill from Goodfellas.

Some videos to get into the adventure mood!

And here are some videos to get into the gangster mood:

Calcs for Sarge and Pacific Rim coming soonish.

Noms List - Before Lockdown

75+
Princess Bubblegum x85

50-74
Henry Hill x70
Sam Spade x55
Vilgax x55
Transformers rep x55

25-49
Sub-Zero x45
Mami Tomoe x43
He-Man x42
Gandalf x40
Poison Ivy x40
Shuichi Kitaoka x40
Ultraman x40
Johnny Cage x40
The Animaniacs rep x35
Jack Torrance x35
Audrey II x32
Six Flags content x32
Pennywise x30
Marceline x30
Wile E. Coyote x25
Steve Urkel x25
Monkey D. Luffy x25

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Sakura Kyoko x17
Sesame Street content x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Discord (MLP) x10
The Gilmore Girls (as a duo) x9
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Courage x5
Mob x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

THESE CHARACTERS ARE NOW LOCKED DOWN. NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE NULL & VOID.
Day 72 - Princess Bubblegum (Adventure Time) and Henry Hill (Goodfellas)
Day 73 - Sam Spade (The Maltese Falcon) and Vilgax (Ben 10)
Day 74 - Concept: Transformers rep and Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
Day 75 - Mami Tomoe (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) and He-Man (Masters of the Universe)
Day 76 - Gandalf (Lord of the Rings) and Poison Ivy (DC Comics)
Day 77 - Shuichi Kitaoka (Kamen Rider Ryuki) and Ultraman
Day 78 - Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) | Concept: The Animaniacs rep | Jack Torrance (The Shining)

With a 6-1 ratio, the majority of you chose to have the top 14 locked down instead of only the top 7. That resulted in what you see above, including our first triple day caused by a tie between Animaniacs and Jack Torrance. Enjoy!

Noms List - After Lockdown

75+

50-74

25-49
Audrey II x32
Six Flags content x32
Pennywise x30
Marceline x30
Wile E. Coyote x25
Steve Urkel x25
Monkey D. Luffy x25

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Sakura Kyoko x17
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Discord (MLP) x10
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Courage x5
Mob x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain on chance and want for Henry

Princess Bubblegum

Chance- 80%
Given she is the next major Adventure Time character after Finn and Jake she has a pretty decent shot of making overall. Especially how big Adventure Time is and the fact it is a Cartoon Network mainstay.

Want- 0%
Adventure Time as a series didn't interest me at all. So I don't particularly have interest in Bubblegum.

Noms
Sakura Kyoko- x5

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I misread "Henry Hill" as "Harry Hill", and you know what? May as well drop by to give all my noms (if I have any as a non-participant) to Harry Hill (TV Burp). His show did air on Cartoon Network once after all.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Princess Bubblegum
Her Theme: In The Land of Ooo Is a Candy Kingdom
70%: I feel an Adventure Time Character isn't very likely however it's not entirely impossible and compare to the likes of Ice King & Marceline i'm not sure how her moveset would be but she does fit the popular mold with them.

60%: PB Is alright, i hate to be negative and say she isn't one of my most favorite adventure time characters but that's just how i think i feel for the most part(not very good with expressing my opinions).

Henry Hill
His Theme: Speedo
Abstain: I don't know enough of Henry to rate his chances, if the Goodfellas is a classic icon or a well known movie than it's possible.

I haven't seen The Goodfellas but i am familiar with it from clips and The Goodfeathers from Animaniacs.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster."

Chance: abstain
The questions of whether WB, Scorsese, Liotta, or the real Henry Hill's family would want or agree to an appearance in MultiVersus have become unknowable due to Liotta's untimely passing. Instead of arguing Henry's chance I'll just take the opportunity to homage Liotta through his most iconic role.

Want: 100%
Goodfellas is a classic. Even after 30 years it still has a strong case to make as Scorsese's masterpiece and one of the greatest crime films ever made. Of course it involves a cast of all-time greats, and a crew that includes legends of directing and editing. But the movie would fall apart if it didn't have a magnetic lead, and that's Henry Hill. A tour de force performance, Henry is the movie, grabbing your attention and never letting it go from the first line until the credits roll. Liotta is hypnotizing, making Henry unhinged (with greed at first, and with paranoia later), unapologetic, practically grotesque, but somehow never unsympathetic. We understand Henry's warped moral code and even share in his idolization of the gangster lifestyle even as the movie makes it clear why we shouldn't (and that Henry shouldn't be taken at his word). Like most Scorsese leads, he embodies the message and themes of the movie, conflicted by his principles of loyalty against the ambition and self-preservation that drives him and his fellow gangsters. Goodfellas lives and dies based on its lead role and Liotta gave a defining performance that is still quoted, parodied, referenced and remembered.

Now comes the awkward part: would he work as a fighter in MultiVersus? To that I answer: sure. A gangster moveset would be cool. There are the questions of whether this would go against Goodfellas' stance against the glamorization of the gangster, whether this would be a respectful homage of Liotta or the polar opposite, or whether a real-life criminal belongs in a fighter alongside Batman, but for now I'll ignore them. Plus Tony Soprano is a fellow Warner-owned mafioso and that looks like more of a franchise than Goodfellas. But all that aside, it'd be, in my opinion, a sweet homage to a very talented actor that made an enormous mark in the genre (Tommy Vercetti anyone?) and was taken too soon.

RIP Ray Liotta

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Does Princess Bubblegum's inventions blow up frequently?

I did not watch Adventure and what little I did see I could tell the show was not for me. Because of this, I cannot in good consensus give a chance or want score for Bubblegum.

Are you making fun of Henry Hill?

Guess what? I have never seen Goodfellas! Once again I have to abstain from giving a chance and want score.

My noms:
Discord (My Little Pony) x5
William Cage (Edge of Tomorrow) x5

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Bubblegum

Chance: 45%

I think BGP’s chances comes down to two factors. Does Multiversus want to add a third Adventure Time rep, and if they do, would Bubblegum be their first choice? In regards to the first question, I’m not totally sure. I feel like they’d wanna try and get some other Cartoon Network stuff first before going back to the AT well, but the series is big enough to justify a third rep, so I can see it happening.

As for the second, her being one of the series’ most important recurring characters makes her a definite frontrunner. The only problem is that compared to characters with more obvious moveset potential, namely Ice King and Marceline, she might not be as appealing of a choice to the devs. That’s not to say she has no moveset potential at all, but her not being as flashy as other candidates could be a detriment to her chances. I can see this one going either way, but I’m leaning a bit towards her not being super likely.

Want: 50%
Eh, I’d be fine with her. She def wouldn’t be my first choice for a third Adventure Time rep, and I’d rather other CN series get some time to shine first before we add more Adventure Time reps, but she’s cool enough to be an inoffensive addition. I just can’t see myself feeling that strongly about her unless her playstyle ends up being really fun.

Abstaining on Henry Hill because I don’t know enough about Goodfellas to give an informed analysis.

All noms on Audrey II.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Princess Bubblegum

Chance: 19%
Adventure Time is a huge show so I think it's probably bound to get at least a third fighter. The question is would it be PBG? She's a very important character and has great moveset potential. But there are other characters like Marceline or Ice King that would make sense just as much as her (and those are just the ones that I know of, might be even more).

Want: 0%
Nothing against Princess Bubblegum. I just don't like Adventure Time, at all, so I'd have get nothing from further representation.

Noms: William Cage (Edge of Tomorrow)

amageish

Smash Master
Princess Bubblegum

Chance: 55%. It's hard to tell where they're going to go next for Cartoon Network characters, honestly. There's... a lot of Cartoon Network left to cover - enough to fill a platform fighter of their own plus an enhanced version of said platform fighter for consoles, one could say - and there's a lot more benefits to diversifying the roster then tripling-down on a given franchise... but also this is a game based around 2 v 2 and so there is benefits to being able to recreate iconic duos as well. Princess Bubblegum is one of the lead characters of the series and is... semi-regularly seen as the third most important characters, being the third skin added alongside Finn and Jake when Adventure Time got into the other platform fighter, Brawlhalla.

So, yeah, I think she's in the category of "More likely then not, but, like, not a guarantee or anything." Princess Bubblegum makes sense for the game. She has a lot of moveset potential that is unique to her in premise, though the niche of "inventor with silly inventions" has a lot of alternate options from other cartoons and the DC multiverse. It's just a matter of how they proceed in adding Cartoon Network series and when/if they feel like expanding the number of Adventure Time reps...

In terms of crossover history, Adventure Time more or less appears everywhere you'd expect. It's in a few different games I haven't mentioned before in previous ratings, but that's basically just because it's more modern then most of the CN shows we've discussed in this thread thus far...

There are a couple interesting oddities though, including a Bloons Tower Defence crossover game (honestly good for Bloons; I recall playing a lot of those flash games back in the day) and... a DLC crossover with Immortal Fenyx Rising? I want to be a fly in the wall on whatever board room meeting resulted in THIS happening as that is just a bizarre crossover lol.

Anyway, yeah. I think P-bubs has decent enough odds, but it'll probably take some time to get around for her...

Want: 85%. I'll be honest: I don't really feel like Adventure Time needs any content past Finn and Jake and I do feel like they should focus more on other CN shows... but oh boy would I enjoy seeing Princess Bubblegum and Marceline in the game nonetheless! They'd be some of my most-wanted if this was a Cartoon Network fighter, but when more or less anything is on the menu... It makes them feel a little more superfluous?

Henry Hill

I'm going to abstain from this one as many others are, unfortunately. Like our previous rating of Citizen Kane, this feels like it'd be a very funny inclusion, but also could end up feeling disrespectful and just kinda... weird? Like, it's one of the most influential films ever made and it is a Warner film, but... Yeah, as GoodGrief alluded to, I just would feel weird about a real-life mafioso hanging out with Batman? Tony Soprano just seems like a better choice for this niche.

Noms: Noms on Leonardo... The 2007 film was a Warner Bros film, so it's time to discuss some NASB overlap.

D

Deleted member

They used to call us Goodfellas
Chance- 0%
Goodfellas is an iconic classic film. Directed by Martin Scorsese and starring acting legends like Robert De Niro, Ray Liotta and Joe Pesci. It is often considered one of the greatest movies ever made. But I simply cannot see it getting included here. I don't see WB choosing to add a rep from this film. I can't really see anything Henry could do that would make him a particularly unique pick. There's also the issues that you'd need the likeness of the very recently deceased Ray Liotta, and that Henry Hill is just straight up a real person. Tony Soprano (fun fact: Liotta was one of the original picks for Tony) feels like a much more likely rep for mob media.

Want - 1%
Goodfellas is amazing. Its a great film that deserves its reputation. But i can't say i find Henry all too interesting in terms of being a platform fighter character.

Science!
Chance- 50%
All depends on if they wanna give Adventure Time a third rep. It's pretty well represented with the two heroes as is. It's definitely popular enough to get one. Depends how big the roster gets. But even if it does. Bubblegum has competition with the likes of Ice King and her girlfriend Marcaline. She's an important character to the series and does have some moveset potential. Her and Marcaline even got their own Distant Lands special farily recently. But I feel the devs may see other characters as more fighting game ready. She was weirdly absent from the AT lineup in Lego Dimensions, but she had appeared in other Adventure Time crossovers. She's definitely possible, but i think there will be other priorities

Want - 40%
She's cool. I'm an Adventure Time fan but I kind of feel AT doesn't need another character right now, I want some other CN shows to get their due, and I'd prefer Marcaline if it does. But she could definitely have a cool moveset with all her science and inventions.

Noms to Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

Last edited by a moderator:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sarge
Chance: 8.4%
Want: 90%

Concept: Pacific Rim fighter
Chance: 29.6%
Want: 85%

Adventure Time or Reyn Time? These choices are hard

Chance: 25%

Adventure Time is a popular enough series that I could see it get a third rep, though with two characters in already and many other notable Cartoon Network characters missing, I don't think Bubblegum has priority right now. But as others have mentioned, even if they wanted to add another character from this series, other candidates like Marceline are just as popular and make an equal amount of sense to add.

Want: 5%

I like Adventure Time, although I didn't fall in love with it like many people did. By the time it got to the deep storytelling in its later seasons, that was when I started to fall out of cartoons (And at the same time, I was still too young to really appreciate those episodes with the meaningful themes). But while I watched a good amount of it when I was younger, I have no hankering for more characters. Bubblegum could have a unique moveset, but I just don't care enough about her to get behind this idea.

What a bunch of good fellas, hey? Hey?

Chance: 10%

Goodfellas is a critically acclaimed film and is so important to cinema that it got registered into the U.S' National Film Registry. So clearly there is a lot of honor behind it and having the name be attached to MultiVersus would bring more attention to the game. But the big issue is that Henry's actor, Ray Liotta, recently passed away. Unlike with Tony Soprano whose series is being continued to this day, we don't have an idea of where Liotta's family leans in regards to having his likeness be used. It may or may not kill Henry's chances.

Want: 50%

To be honest I've never watched Goodfellas. Gangster films are just not my thing. But much like with Charles Kane, the idea of having a movie icon in MultiVersus makes me intrigued and welcoming towards the idea.

Noms: Pennywise x10

Day over.

Rate Sam Spade from The Maltese Falcon, as well as Vilgax from Ben 10.

Some videos to get into the detective mood:

And here are some videos to get into the mood to hunt for the Omnitrix:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Sam Spade
Chance:
25%
As with Kane and others, Sam Spade‘s chances depend on whether WB and the Multiversus devs feel like it’d be fun or interesting to dive into classic film in order to pick out combatants. I don’t think his chances are particularly low in that regard, just that I don’t know if they’d even go for classic movies. That said, well, Sam Spade is a character WB still likes to reference and Maltese Falcon is THE codifier for so much of film noir that it’s unreal. You think of cool black-and-white detectives with gruff narration, big trenchcoats, and fedoras, you’re probably conjuring up an image of Sam Spade or at least a character heavily based on Sam Spade. Sam from Sam & Max? Garfield’s noir segment in Garfield and his Nine Lives? Anything in LA Noire? It’s all drawing inspiration from The Maltese Falcon and Sam Spade. So basically, if they go for a classic film character, this man would be first ballot.

Well, I was nominating him...and it’s because he’s my most-wanted! No, really! I’ve mentioned MANY times that I love the idea of classic film characters making in, and to be honest my support for Sam Spade started (or at least the inkling of it did) way back in the Ultimate Smash Spec thread. You see, one series that is near and dear to my heart is Hotel Dusk, and wouldn’t ya know it, it’s a noir detective series. The old RTC thread was rating the protagonist of that story, Kyle Hyde, and it made me want to jump in and defend his honor. I apparently did such a good job explaining that Kyle, being a classic noir detective, would have a cool moveset that combined big time fisticuffs with environmental damage and use of evidence that it convinced several people that he would be great to see in Smash. Well, fast-forward until now and you’re telling me there’s a game that gets to have THE grand-daddy of noir detectives in it?! How could I say no? I think it’d be absolutely amazing if Sam Spade wasn’t even in color, just a full on tribute to black and white film and the genre as a whole. I want him to glass people, to lay out a mean right hook, and of course use his investigative techniques demonstrated in the film proper. By the way, the movie is great; the smooth atmosphere holds up so well as does the tension between Sam and the people surrounding him as he dives into the conspiracy starring the titular sculpture of a bird. It’s a magnificent film through and through.

So yeah, gimme a character that celebrates film history, a fighting archetype I’m dying to see in a platform fighter, and the fun of seeing someone from a cultural touchstone show up in a wacky game with Bugs Bunny in it, and you have a recipe for my most-wanted. Bam!!

Vilgax
Chance & Want:
Abstain. I don’t like to abstain normally but unfortunately I completely missed the Ben 10 boat growing up. I like that he’s a Kamen Rider but I have no love for any part of the series and couldn’t pick Vilgax out of a lineup. The clips posted did give me a solid idea of his character and I’m sure he would have a cool moveset and I do really like his design, but that’s all rather shallow for me so I wouldn’t want to arbitrarily raise or lower his rating,

Nominations: Roger Smith (The Big O) xMax

KillerCage

Smash Master
Serious Sam Spade?

Another classic film that I have never seen! You know what that means! I have to abstain from giving a chance and want score again.

Is the Omnidrix really worth it Vilgax?

Chance- 25%

Vilgax's chances at getting into MultiVerses are really dependent on if his nemesis Ben Tennyson gets onto the roster. Once Ben is in the clean, Vilgax still has competition from other Ben 10 characters. Of particular note is Gwen (Ben's cousin) and Kevin (Ben's rival). I feel Gwen's mana control and Kevin's material absorbing abilities would be more appealing to the developers than Vilgax's tool kit. Despite that, I do think Vilgax has enough clot to be considered.

Want- 75%

I grew up with the original Ben 10 series. Bet you didn't see that factoid coming. Vilgax is one of the major reasons I remember this show fondly despite not watching every episode. He is basically squid Megatron. He would make up for the notable lack of villains in MultiVerses' roster. I mean who doesn't want to see him go up against DC's superheroes like Superman or traumatizing kids like Steven Universe.

My noms:
William Cage (Edge of Tomorrow) x10

D

Deleted member

Abstaining from Sam. Not familiar enouth.

Chance- 30%
Villgax is the main villian of Ben 10. We're absolutely getting Ben first. After that? I'm not sure if it gets a second rep. But if it does Villgax feels like a likely pick, but also faces competition from characters like Kevin. He is the central villain of the whole Ben 10 saga, appearing in pretty much incarnation. He's basically Ben's main enemy. Whenever Ben shows up in crossover stuff he's usually there. The big thing he has going against him is that I'm not sure we'll get any excess Ben 10 reps after Ben himself. If the team decide they want more villains, then he feels like a possible pick. Villgax is certainly fitting for a fighting game, being a big hulking squid man with a heavy arsenal of weapons.

Want - 50%
I was HUGE into Ben 10 as a kid. I remember thinking Vilgax was a super cool villian. He's just such a slick and imposing design. He'd definitely be a fun character and could have some great inactions with the rest of the cast. I'd definitely want Ben first. But after that? I don't necessarily think Ben 10 needs a second rep. But if we where to get one, Vilgax would be a great pick.

Noms to Blue Beetle (Jamie)

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Sam Spade
His Theme: Main Title from The Maltese Falcon
Abstain: I have never heard of Sam Spade until know, so i'll just leave this empty on the worksheet.

Vilgax
His Theme: Vilgax's Theme from Ben 10
40%: Vilgax is the main antagonist and one of the most well known villains of the series, But like what some people here said Ben should be here first before they add another character such as him into the roster, although i do see him being pretty likely than Kevin & Gwen(But 2nd Opinions can happen).

Abstain: I haven't seen a lot of Ben 10 besides the original & 2016 and unfortunately to many i have never known Vilgax that long(I've remember the episodes were he was in his tube and Punch Time Explosion).

Nominees: An Evangelion Character and Simon the Digger

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain on both due to for Vilgax's case I barely remember him at all.

Noms
Sakura Kyoko- x5

KillerCage

Smash Master
Sam Spade
His Theme: Main Title from The Maltese Falcon
Abstain: I have never heard of Sam Spade until know, so i'll just leave this empty on the worksheet.

Vilgax
His Theme: Vilgax's Theme from Ben 10
40%: Vilgax is the main antagonist and one of the most well known villains of the series, But like what some people here said Ben should be here first before they add another character such as him into the roster, although i do see him being pretty likely than Kevin & Gwen(But 2nd Opinions can happen).

Abstain: I haven't seen a lot of Ben 10 besides the original & 2016 and unfortunately to many i have never known Vilgax that long(I've remember the episodes were he was in his tube and Punch Time Explosion).
Aren't you going to nominate someone?

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
Sam Spade

Whether or not we see him depends entirely on if the devs want to add a classic film character for the sake of doing so in my opinion. If they do, it's going to come down to Sam Spade or Rick Blaine from Casablanca. WB pretty often references one of those two films as their go-to for classics and even without that, The Maltese Falcon and Casablanca are both extremely important films period. Likeness issues may still apply, but honestly, I feel like Spade's got better chances than Kane even if much of the same issues apply. I'm just not entirely convinced we'll get a character like this yet, and it's a shame.

Want: 95%
Yes please, give me a noir character! I'd love to see any classic character and while Kane is my preferred pick, I would not be unhappy with Sam Spade. I'll admit, I have not seen all of Maltese Falcon (though I have seen Casablanca and Citizen Kane) so of the three I know Maltese Falcon the least, but it's definitely something I intend to visit at some point and a noir character in a wacky fighting game like this would be insanely funny just for the contrast.

Abstain on Vligax because I am a compete Ben 10 outsider. I didn't watch Cartoon Network growing up even though it was peak Ben 10 era so I cannot give an accurate assessment on anything. I think they should add Ben 10,000 though because one of the few things I know about Ben 10 is there is a character called Ben 10,000, and that's hilarious.

Noms: All on John Gotti (1996)

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Aren't you going to nominate someone?
Sorry, I haven't really thought who else until now and i'm kinda wondering if i can add more points to the other nominees i gave.

Edit at 7/11/22 at 9:47 PM: Okay I Think I'll Nominate An Evangelion Character and Simon The Digger(Gurren Lagann).

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sorry, I haven't really thought who else until now and i'm kinda wondering if i can add more points to the other nominees i gave.

Edit at 7/11/22 at 9:47 PM: Okay I Think I'll Nominate An Evangelion Character and Simon The Digger(Gurren Lagann).
You can add noms to already existing nominees. That's how you push your nominees to the top 14 and you keep doing that until they are locked down. And for the sake of convenience, can you edit your noms below your ratings? That makes me easier to keep track of noms.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ace of Spades

Chance: 40%
Sam Spade is the iconic protagonist of seminal detective novel The Maltese Falcon. He was created by novelist Dashiell Hammett and based on his experiences working with private eyes. Unlike the wise and cultured likes of Holmes or Poirot, Spade is gruff, uncaring, street smart, and ready to get himself out of any situation and do right by his case, consequences be damned. Despite only appearing in one novel, Spade is commonly understood to have created the archetype of the hardboiled detective in literature, going on to inspire the likes of Raymond Chandler.

In 1941, a film adaptation of The Maltese Falcon was produced, directed by John Huston and starring Humphrey Bogart as Spade. The story: Spade and his partner Archer meet a client calling herself Ruth Wonderly. They take her case, but soon after both the man they were investigating and Archer himself turn up dead, and Spade is suspect in the killings. With no other choice, and no one to trust, Spade must figure out the true story behind his mysterious client, which involves a coveted golden statue of a falcon stolen from the Knights Templar of Malta...

Long story short: the movie is considered one of the greatest and most influential films of all time. The story is thrilling and full of twists. The cast is full of all time greats giving some of their best performances, from Mary Astor's ambidextrous Brigid, to Sydney Greenstreet's Machiavellian turn as Gutman, to the slimy and shifty Joel Cairo who could only be played by Peter Lorre, and of course Bogey's career- and industry-defining role of Spade. Despite not fitting the physical description of the novel's Spade, Bogart not only made the role his own, he cast a shadow over the entirety of detective fiction for the rest of time. When one pictures a private detective in their mind's eye, they think of Bogart, trenchcoat and fedora-clad, with a perpetual cigarette hanging from his lip and a disaffected, yet not entirely uncaring, perspective on the murky situations he finds himself in. This isn't all Spade, some of it might be from Bogart's later roles as Rick Blaine in Casablanca (where he isn't a detective) or as Philip Marlowe in The Big Sleep (based on a Chandler novel). However those roles wouldn't exist without The Maltese Falcon and Sam Spade. The movie's influence isn't limited to detective fiction: many cite it as the first film noir. While noir is a hard genre to define, and perhaps it would be more accurate to call it the first high profile film noir, it's undeniable that it started or codified many of the staples in the venerated genre. And of course, there was success, and there was acclaim, and it was nominated for Best Picture (I'd say it was robbed, but it was up against Citizen Kane — which was robbed). It's chock full of iconic characters, lines, and the infamous and ever elusive Maltese Falcon, which has spawned many theories and interpretations.

When Warner Bros. tries to reminisce about past glories and remind people of their long history, there's usually three movies they bring up: Casablanca, Kane, and Falcon. You would think that against the likes of the Best Picture winner about the duty to take a stand against fascism, and the epic exploration of man's ambitious nature and inexorable loneliness that is commonly called the best movie ever made, this simple story about a detective looking to solve a couple of murders wouldn't be able to stack up. This goes to show the sheer iconicness of the movie, the power of its quality, the breadth of its influence and the subtle ways it touches upon some big themes. But, yes, if we were to get a rep for "black and white film" as it were, it'd be from one of those three movies.

Frankly, from a fighter perspective, it's hard to argue against Sam. Kane is mostly non-action, and while Rick Blaine does get in fights, he's a bar owner whose character arc is that he won't get involved in the fight. In contrast, Sam is a detective, which is an archetype that you could do some really cool stuff with, which would help flesh out a moveset from someone from a grounded universe. Once you get past the fighter there is a bit more competition (you won't find me arguing that Falcon has a location more iconic or better suited for a stage than Rick's Bar or Xanadu) but I think they might actually consider the black and white stuff to be all one "universe" (think Pac-Man being basically a representative for all Namco arcade games in Smash) and mix and match parts as they need.

Will they want to rep that aspect of themselves? I think they won't be able to resist. A huge part of WB's image is that they're not just superheroes and fantasy; they're a big boy's studio, they got their history, see? They made all these old movies (and own a lot of MGM's and RKO's) and so many of them are considered among the best ever made (and they can be enjoyed by an easy subscription to HBO Max!) Plus it's just a fun thing to have, you know? A black and white human going around brawling with freaking Arya Stark, a monochrome stage complete with simulated film grain and stuff, I'll bet everyone here thought of that when the concept of a Warner Bros. crossover fighter was announced, and surely the devs did too.

Hence my high rating. I could be wrong about the specifics: maybe the draw of having Citizen Kane himself is too powerful to even consider moveset difficulties (and I heard some great concepts for him back on his own rating). But I'm pretty confident we'll get a rep from one of those three movies I mentioned before and I think Spade has the best hand.

Oh I freaking adore this movie. It might be perfect honestly. Hooks you right away with its mystery, keeps you constantly guessing at the identities and motivations of nearly every character, is filled with tense encounters and conversations, and actually ends up leaving you pondering some interesting questions. What does "the stuff that dreams are made of" mean? Is Sam condemning greed or lamenting how people suffer from inevitably acting upon it? Does he wish he could escape his moral code and dream a bit too? It's open-ended and ironic and haunting in a way. It also amazes me how fresh a movie that influenced every work in its genre that came after can still feel. Bogart can't be imitated nor can he be lost in imitation. The scene where he explains that he didn't even like or respect his partner, but will put his life at risk to solve his murder because that's what being partners entails, damn, that really stuck with me (as did other scenes I won't spoil because c'mon, watch this movie, you'd really enjoy it).

I will also echo Flyboy Flyboy in that I'd just really like a detective archetype in a fighting game (having been the person who nominated Kyle Hyde for Smash RTC). They could get super wild with his gimmicks or just go with the simple aspect of him getting into brawls and shootouts. And since The Big Sleep is also a WB movie, maybe Philip Marlowe as a Variant? Pretty please?

--

Davy Jones

Vilgax is the main villain of Ben 10. At least, the original show. Don't know if he stuck around for the others (one would hope). He's very popular and a great villain who would really make sense in this game. Plus Ben is almost assuredly making it in. However after Ben, Vilgax isn't necessarily the go-to second rep. Gwen, Ben's cousin and deuteragonist of the show, learns magic eventually and levels up to also be combat ready. Grandpa Max is a plumber who has alien fighter tech. Kevin is Ben's rival who later gets a change in powerset and becomes an ally and main character. So all of those could be contenders and eat into Vilgax's chances.

There's also the question of how Ben will be implemented. Maybe Ben is super resource intensive, or the way they rep the franchise is by making his alien transformations different slots, so we don't ever get reps other than Ben. Or maybe the devs just feel like the franchise is well repped with just him, since there's just too much Cartoon Network to cover. Plus what incarnation of Ben is picked is important: if it's young Ben, for example, it would be weird if old Kevin was the next rep, and there's the reboot to consider as well. Too many questions to answer, and honestly until Ben is in Vilgax is not worth considering.

Vilgax was a badass villain. I remember feeling super intimidated by him and always looking forward to that final showdown between him and Ben. It's a hell yes on my part. Gwen would also be cool though.

Noms: William Cage

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Princess Bubblegum
Chance: 49.14%
Want: 34.29%

Henry Hill
Want: 50.33%

Henry Hill only got two chance scores. Thus, no average score for that.

Noms List

75+

50-74

25-49
Audrey II x42
Pennywise x40
Six Flags content x32
Marceline x30
Wile E. Coyote x25
Steve Urkel x25
Monkey D. Luffy x25
Sakura Kyoko x22

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
William Cage x20
Blue Beetle x20
William Cage x15
Discord (MLP) x15
Jackie Chan x11
Leonardo (TMNT) x10
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Courage x5
Mob x5
Harry Hill x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Sam with a spade

Chance: 30%

It's hard for me to pinpoint the chances of characters like these. On one hand, Warner Bros has strong ties with Maltese Falcon, being involved with multiple films based on the property, and The Maltese Falcon itself being a very influential IP for the noir genre. But will Warner Bros actually go for it? Probably. I think we'll have to wait and see if Warner Bros adds more legacy characters to the roster to really get a feel for Sam's chances. While Maltese Falcon hasn't gotten anything new, it has a strong legacy and if Warner Bros wants to show off more of their back catalogue, then we'll probably see Sam Spade. I could go more into specifics but I've been sitting on this rating for a whole day because it's hard for me to grasp how I really feel about his chances.

Want: 75%

The self-proclaimed film buff here is going to say once again that I haven't seen this film (Or haven't seen any of the Maltese Falcon films for that matter). To be honest I only learned about this property recently and as a person who enjoys mysteries I owe it to myself to watch these films eventually.

But moving on, yeah I would enjoy a detective moveset and I'm a sucker for historical picks like this.

Attack of the Squid From Outer Space

Chance: 35%

Ben 10 is one of Cartoon Network's biggest moneymakers. It has received like 5 shows and countless movies and specials. I think it has a good chance of getting a 2nd rep after the titular character, though it's not a clear cut case of who the second rep would be. Gwen and Kevin make just as much sense and they have neat movesets too so I think it could go either way.

Vilgax is a great villain. He has a great design, he's intimidating, and he was fun to play as in Punch Time Explosion which shows off his various abilities very well. I grew up watching the original Ben 10 and most of Alien Force so whoever the second rep is, I would be chill with the choice, as long as it's not totally random of course.

Noms: Luffy x10

Day over.

Rate Concept: Transformers rep, as well as Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat.

Some videos to get into the mood to transform and roll out, because you've got the touch! You've got the power!!

And here are some videos to get into the mood to finish him!!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So everyone is on the same page here:

It seems as though we could get news tomorrow. Granted it could be nothing more than when the open beta is, but it could also be a character confirmation.

I’ll write up some scores for Transformers and Sub Zero in a few hours.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Robots in Disguise

Chance: 33%

Transformers is a long lasting franchise with many many different iterations and interpretations. There's the classic series, Beast Wars, Prime, War for Cybertron, the Netflix trilogy, the fantastic IDW comics and many, many more. It's a series that gets by on a lot of merchandise too, it's all about the toys. So in a way it's great for a big crossover with tons of other characters. Smack your toys together without breaking them.

The main issue is getting Hasbro to play ball which can go either way but I lean on the somewhat unlikely side.

Want: 80%

I ****ing love Transformers so why is it not a perfect 100? Michael "Racist robots and Romeo and Juliet laws in a kid's movie" Bay. It'd just be skins but his interpretation on the series was disgusting and best left out of anything really. I'll take everything else very eagerly tho

"Now... Plain-Zero!"

Chance: 100%

It's what I gave Scorpion, I don't see either of the two getting in without their rival and both are the most iconic Mortal Kombat characters. Sub-Zero in particular has a distinction for full perfect attendance in the main series (even regular MK3) and has his own spin-off which... Was certainly a thing!

Beyond that he was the second MK character in the Injustice series after Scorpion. They also made his conflict with Scorpion a key part of the recent movie and it was a highlight.

Now his infamous claim to fame is he has the original and iconic head rip fatality that got a ridiculous amount of attention and led to ratings boards for games becoming a thing.

So part of the most iconic pair of characters in MK, extremely infamous and a perfect attendance record should more than justify him making it in to Multiversus

Sub-Zero is just, if you'll excuse the low hanging fruit, really damn cool. Ice Klones, Ice Puddles, Ice Balls, Ice teleports, Ice Rocks, Ice weapons, Ice everything. It's a really fun and flashy yet brutal powerset and I enjoy using him a lot.

Still loses to Glacius tho

Noms:
All on Goku

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

More than meets the eye
Chance - 30%
Transformers is a huge IP. Toys, comics, cartoons, video games, a successful but deviseive film franchise. There are many potential fighters. Most obviously Autobot leader Optimus Prime, but also other characters like Megatron, Bumblebee, Starscream and many others. We know the size of the characters would not be an issue. This wouldn't even be the first time Transformers characters made it into a platform fighter. It's not WB owned. The brand is owned by Hasbro. Some of the shows have aired on WB owned networks, and they put out some home video releases. Transformers animated was also apparently a Cartoon Network co-production, so the ties are there. Transformers does crossovers pretty often in both comics and tie in toys, with everything from Neon Genesis Evangelion to Star Trek: the Animated Series to Jurassic Park to the X-Files to the Marvel Universe. And that's with me leaving out a bunch! It also does video game apperneces, apearing in the likes of Smite and World Of Warships. As guest characters go I'd say this is a pretty solid potential option, the devs did say anyone was on the table, though I don't think we'd see anything like this for a while.

Want - 70%
Transformers is cool. I'm not a super fan but I've enjoyed content from it over the years. From the classic show to Armada to animated. I'm no expert but I'm always up for anything involving huge robots. A transfomers character could have a really cool character if you work the multiple forms in.

Cold as ice
Chance - 95%
Mortal Kombat is 100% percent getting a rep in this game. It's hands down WB's biggest gaming franchise. But I have a feeling we'll probably get Scorpion first. He's the poater boy of the franchise and has been heavily roumored. But honestly Scorpion and Sub Zero kind of come hand in hand. Their rivaliry is a huge crux of the seires and they're usually together in trialers and boxart. Considering how heavily this game is based around rivalries and team ups, I think we could easily get both. Sub-Zero was even chosen as the next MK rep for Injustice 2 after Scorpion got in the first. There are actualy two Sub-Zeroes, the orignal, Bi-Han, who was killed by Scorpion and became Noob Saibot, and his younger brother, Kuai Liang, who is the second, more heoric Sub-Zero. I would say the Sub-Zero that gets in would probably be Kuai Liang, he's the most popular charatcer and is the one picked for crossovers.

Want - 80%
I like Mortal Kombat. Sub-Zero is a great character and could have a pretty fun moveset. Ice users are cool (heh). He could have an interesting playstyle revolving around making ice platforms and hazards, and freezing his opponents. I wouldn't want the roster to be filled with MK characters, but I think getting both of the main ninjas is fine.

Noms to Grim (Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy)

Last edited by a moderator:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
"Autobots, Rollout!"-Optimus Prime
A Transformers Representative
Series Theme: Lion(The Transformers Movie Theme)
Alt. Theme: New Divide by Linkin Park
49%: Transformers is a popular series and has appeared on Cartoon Network twice though as a couple of people above this sub pointed out it would determine whether or not hasbro would want to let them use a character and the history with them having arguments with WB over some things before kindly resolving them. although the latter wouldn't be too much of an issue as Dark also highlighted.

I honestly feel it might be a bit more likely for Hasbro to let Warner Brothers to use Transformers if they ever get a rep alongside maybe My Little Pony, Though i believe there is a slimmer chance for the series to get in if they manage to get in.

65%: I Think a Transformers Rep would be cool, the game has shown that size wouldn't an issue especially with Iron Giant
and Godzilla's
based on datamining and The Characters have a good load of weapons and even transformations to work for their moveset, I'd lean for Optimus Prime since he is the main star and is super cool atleast in my small opinion.

"Sub-Zero"-The Announcer
"This Sight Will Be Your Last!"-Sub-Zero
Sub-Zero
His Theme: Theme of Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat 9
Alt. Theme: Chinese Ninja Warrior
90%: I believe sub zero would likely show up as the 2nd rep of Mortal Kombat After Scorpion, I may not know too much about the series though i did learn they had a rivalry via the animated mortal kombat movie, the 2021 film, and death battle's transition.

It's likely any other Mortal Kombat Character might get in but the fact that Sub-Zero is Scorpion's Equal might make him more important to include.

70%: I Think he looks cool, i mostly liked the blue color he has and his ice powers are interesting. But Sub Zero feels like someone i would casual play a lot of and i believe i have before too.

Nominating: Mob and Courage(Putting another point for both)(I'll let An Evangelion & Simon Wait for now)

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Robots in Disguise

Chance: 33%

Transformers is a long lasting franchise with many many different iterations and interpretations. There's the classic series, Beast Wars, Prime, War for Cybertron, the Netflix trilogy, the fantastic IDW comics and many, many more. It's a series that gets by on a lot of merchandise too, it's all about the toys. So in a way it's great for a big crossover with tons of other characters. Smack your toys together without breaking them.

The main issue is getting Hasbro to play ball which can go either way but I lean on the somewhat unlikely side.

Want: 80%

I ****ing love Transformers so why is it not a perfect 100? Michael "Racist robots and Romeo and Juliet laws in a kid's movie" Bay. It'd just be skins but his interpretation on the series was disgusting and best left out of anything really. I'll take everything else very eagerly tho

"Now... Plain-Zero!"

Chance: 100%

It's what I gave Scorpion, I don't see either of the two getting in without their rival and both are the most iconic Mortal Kombat characters. Sub-Zero in particular has a distinction for full perfect attendance in the main series (even regular MK3) and has his own spin-off which... Was certainly a thing!

Beyond that he was the second MK character in the Injustice series after Scorpion. They also made his conflict with Scorpion a key part of the recent movie and it was a highlight.

Now his infamous claim to fame is he has the original and iconic head rip fatality that got a ridiculous amount of attention and led to ratings boards for games becoming a thing.

So part of the most iconic pair of characters in MK, extremely infamous and a perfect attendance record should more than justify him making it in to Multiversus

Sub-Zero is just, if you'll excuse the low hanging fruit, really damn cool. Ice Klones, Ice Puddles, Ice Balls, Ice teleports, Ice Rocks, Ice weapons, Ice everything. It's a really fun and flashy yet brutal powerset and I enjoy using him a lot.

Still loses to Glacius tho

Noms:
All on Goku
Didn't He Beat Him Though?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I promised I would give scores for Transformers and Sub Zero so here we go!

Robotic Changers who need to stop Megatron, no matter the cost!

The elephant in the room is that the franchise is a collaboration between two companies, Hasbro and Takara Tomy. I'll admit I'm not sure how it would work but I think both parties would need to give permission (someone correct me if I'm wrong here).

The franchise has a ton of movies and shows, and although the movies are from Paramount, the shows are interesting. Some of them, such as Cyberverse have aired on Cartoon Network. Most importantly, Hasbro co owns Discovery Network with WBD so there's a chance the two want some sort of collaboration character in Multiversus.

Want: 30%
While I am intrigued by the concept, I never really got into Transformers. As a result I would enjoy the creative moveset but probably not the references to the franchise as a whole.
Still a robot that can turn into a truck definitely sounds like a lot of moveset potential.

It is a cold day in Multiversus... for everyone else!

Chance: 75%
I think Mortal Kombat in Multiversus is inevitable hence the high chance score. There are a ton of characters to choose from and although I think Scorpion should get in first, Sub-Zero is definitely a safe bet for a second spot. It also helps that he was playable in every single Mortal Kombat game (well except the Game.com version of Mortal Kombat Trilogy, but we don't talk about that), even getting his own spin off game in Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero.

Want: 90%
I like the lore of Mortal Kombat and recently got Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe. Although I understand the game is considered a "lesser" entry due to being toned down, it still is an enjoyable game. As for Sub-Zero, a ice themed moveset sounds fun on paper and I hope he gets in so we can freeze the Multiverse.

Noms: All to Steve Urkel.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Abstaining on Transformers

-----

Sub-Zero

Chance: 80%
Scorpion is probably one of the most likely characters at this rate. He has a direct Warner Bros. connection, is super popular, and his moveset would fit into MultiVersus like a glove. With his release, Sub-Zero should be able to come next easily. Him and Scorpion go very well together so I see Sub-Zero as one of the next MK reps in line once Scorpion is in.

Want: Abstain
I could never get into Mortal Kombat so I won't both rating this.

-----

All noms to Concept: The Big O rep

KillerCage

Smash Master
Transformers! More than meets the eye!

Chances- 45%

Despite not owning the brand, Transformers does ties to WB. @Darkonedagger brought up Transformers Animated was co-produced with Cartoon Network and the IP has crossed over with other franchises including those owned by WB. Discovery's purchase of WB gives us another connection through the Transformers Prime cartoon. That cartoon aired on the Hub network which was formerly Discovery Kids and now Discovery Family. As far as I know, Hasbro still has a 40% ownership of Discovery Family. After a brief search to confirm what SneakyLink SneakyLink said, the fact that Transformers is owned by Hasbro in the west and Takara-Tomy in the east throw in a weird wrinkle in their chances. I do think getting a Transformers rep in MultiVerses is still quite possible considering Hasbro's connections to both WB and Discovery.

Want- 100%

I grew up with Transformers, but I wouldn't say I was a big fan until I watch Transformers Prime. Since then I watched content from other Transformers fans. I even went back and watch Beast Wars which still holds up despite the poorly-aged animation. My jaw will drop if a Transformers character joins the roster of MultiVerses.

Finish him, Sub-Zero!

Chances- 55%

When you think of Mortal Kombat, the two characters that come to mind are Scorpion and Sub-Zero. If we do get a MK character, it would most likely be Scorpion as he is the mascot of the franchise. Sub-Zero would get priority afterwards, but considering the infamy of his fatalities he might not make it into MultiVerses since it can be seen as a family game.

Want- Abstain

I'm heavily biased against Mortal Kombat. I just don't feel right giving a want score when I'm being unfair to a franchise.

My noms:
William Cage (Edge of Tomorrow) x10

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Transformers

Chance: 2%
Transformers is an IP that makes a lot of sense in a crossover such as this. However I think the connection to WB is pretty flimsy. So this happening would probably come down to whether MV is a big hit that other IP holders start approaching. Also worth noting is that Hasbro and the Transformers IP are incredibly close to WB rival Paramount, who makes all their live action movies and now a Nicktoon. What I'm saying is that this is probably happening in NASB, not here.

Want: abstain
Should probably be in NASB so I'm not against the idea itself, just would be in the wrong.place I feel

Sub-Zero

Chance: 95%
If you're making Scorpion you're 75% of the way to having a Sub-Zero model. By that point you might just make him a moveset too. Plus it works incredibly well with the duo theme.

One of the coolest (no pun intended) MK fighters.

Noms: William Cage

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Transfomers

Chance- 35%
Similar to My Little Pony, Hasbro themselves would make it hard for a Transformers rep happen. Also Takara Tomy might make their chances decrease due to copyright hassle. Despite their chances I think they are possible though.

Want- 60%
It would be interesting to see a Transformer in a fighting game in general. Also Transformers do have pretty cool picks to choose from.

Sub Zero

Chance- 75%
Given Mortal Kombat rep especially Scorpion has a decent chance in this game, I think Sub Zero is also a safe bet on that. Since Sub Zero seems like he is one of the bigger MK characters.

Want- 0%
I am not a huge fan of Mortal Kombat in general. So I am not too fond of the idea of Sub Zero in Mulitversus.

Noms
Sakura Kyoko- x10

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sam Spade
Chance: 26.25%
Want: 92.5%

Vilgax
Chance: 28%

Noms List

75+

50-74
William Cage x50

25-49
Audrey II x42
Pennywise x40
Blue Beetle x35
Monkey D. Luffy x35
Six Flags content x32
Marceline x30
Sakura Kyoko x27
Wile E. Coyote x25
Steve Urkel x25

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Discord (MLP) x20
Roger Smith x15
Jackie Chan x11
Leonardo (TMNT) x10
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
John Gotti x10
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Courage x5
Mob x5
Harry Hill x5
Evangelion character x5
Simon the Digger x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

More than meets the eye!

Transformers is a huge property. From the classic 80's show to the recent blockbuster films and everything in between, it's something that Warner Bros would certainly consider. I just have concerns with the connection aspect. Sure, Transformers Prime was a co-production with Cartoon Network but that was over a decade now and that is to this date the strongest connection Warner Bros has to the IP. Now while I don't think that is a deal breaker considering there is a good chance that we'll end up with characters that have zero connections to the company, it's still something to take into consideration. Especially since Warner Bros' competitor, Paramount, has much stronger ties to Transformers with them distributing the live action films and Nickelodeon having an upcoming TV show. If you ask me I think Transformers is more likely to happen for NASB.

Transformers is pretty ****** awesome. I grew up with the movies, some of the animated shows, and a couple of the games including the ones based on the first and third Bayformers movies which are pretty decent movie-based games. The idea of giant alien robots that can transform to and from a variety of vehicles is very cool. Not only that, but you have a cast of memorable characters. Optimus, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Megatron, Blackout, Starscream, Soundwave, etc. All of them have great designs and bring something to the table in regards to their transformation and/or weaponry. I would be ecstatic if we got multiple reps, let alone one. It would be a big deal in my book.

Revenge is cold

Chance: 80%

This is the same score that I gave to Scorpion, which means that yes, I think both of them are happening. If you are going to add Scorpion, you minus as well add Sub-Zero since they are synonymous with each other. Scorpion may be the face of the series, but Sub-Zero is right behind him in 2nd place. And it's going to be no surprise if MK gets a character, or multiple at that. It's WB's biggest video game franchise by far. Plus MK itself has been home to various guest characters since MK9 and numerous MK characters have made crossover appearances in stuff like Injustice. So it's a no brainer.

I suck at Mortal Kombat but I really enjoy the movies, characters and music. If we are going to get Scorpion, you can't forget about Sub-Zero either. His moveset spells itself out and with the focus on team-ups in MultiVersus, it makes too much sense.

Noms: Luffy x15

Day over.

Rate Mami Tomoe from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, as well as He-Man from Masters of the Universe.

Some videos to get into the magical girl mood:

And here are some videos to get into the mood to defend the secrets of castle grayskull:

Madoka has had one of its movies distributed by Warner Bros while He-Man has had comic book crossovers with some of Warner Bros' properties.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Who are you gonna call?

Chance: 35%

Masters of the Universe is another of the 80's franchises built around toy sales and an animated series. It endures into the modern age with comics and several animated series (having two separate ones at once, both from Netflix is a bold move but they are radically different). The Masters of the Universe lend themselves exceptionally well to crossovers like this and He-Man stands out as the biggest and most popular of the lot.

He-Man's a great character and having him in a fighting game with Superman is something that the He-Man/Injustice crossover comic really made me want.

Abstaining on Tomoe

Noms:
All on Goku

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
WHAT'S GOING ON?

Dunno if there are any WB ties that make him specifically likely but MotU has made a bit of a comeback on Netflix as of late and if Eleven happens, that'll help. Netflix doesn't own the property itself so idk.

But only if it's specifically the HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA version

Solti ola i, amaliche cantia masa estiaaaaaaa~

Chance: 0%

Mami has the exact same roadblocks as Homura, so I'm just going to copy from my Homura writeup. However, I have been informed that Puella Magi Madoka Magica will no longer be available on HBO Max as of next month, though whether or not the show is streaming there is frankly irrelevant to the series' chances:

Warner Bros. does not own the Puella Magi IP, they have merely served as distributors for the three (at the time of writing) Madoka movies, and only in Japan. Puella Magi Madoka Magica, while a critically acclaimed series, is only really a franchise domestically. The mobile game Magia Record, which is as of now the only way the property still exists in the public conscious, flopped hard when brought over to the States, and the show's second season hasn't even received an English dub (at the time of writing, but it is highly unlikely this will change). While well known among anime fans, to anyone outside of that sphere, Mami is an extremely obscure character, and as time passes, less and less anime fans may immediately recognize her. She's also not even the title character, or even who the writer considers the main character (that would be Madoka and Sayaka, respectively).
However, there are additional problems that make Mami extremely unlikely. First off, while the previously rated Homura may not be the title character, she is at least a main driving force in the plot, Mami isn't, at least not to the same degree (we'll get there). Mami does star in the spin-off manga, The Different Story, but the spin-offs are pretty obscure even to people that know of the property and while Different Story is one of the only ones that's genuinely pretty decent (likely because it is partially an adaptation of one of the Drama CDs), this doesn't mean much. There's also the elephant in the room. Mami is known for one thing, and that is dying in episode 3. She exists to die, and bring about a tone shift. In the original show, she is less a character and more a prop. Anime fans, if they recognize her at all, will know her for that. Even beyond that one thing, the writers tend not to give her anything to do, and it's a shame because she can be a compelling character when given time. For Urobuchi it's like, yeah of course, but since his departure with Rebellion she's still usually benched or mishandled in some way. When her second most notable apperance involves her being brainwashed to serve a cult in a gacha game, it's not a good sign.

Adding Mami before Madoka or even Homura would be like adding Aerith before Cloud or Sephiroth. She's important within the context of the series itself though Aerith at least gets to be an actual character before she dies but even then she's not as important or as popular as other picks. Add to that the chances a Puella Magi character getting in at all being nonexistent due to lack of demand and licensing issues and I simply do not see it.

Want: 45%

Eh? Yeah, I'm a huge Puella Magi shill but Mami's not really my favorite character. We'd still get the really cool stage and Yuki Kajiura's music (Mami's theme song is especially good so that'd be nice) but Mami herself I can't really get too excited about otherwise. It'd be kind of funny they went through the hoops to license a semi-obscure anime property and chose like, the fifth character in line to pick, but to me it'd be like Plant where once the joke's run its course we ultimately have a character who could have been anyone else. Not that Mami is a deep cut within the context of Puella Magi, but if you're already not picking one of the two characters a normal person would pick, go extremely deep. We got like 50 gacha OCs that will never make it out of Japan, or even pick the characters that haven't even appeared in the gacha game because the devs are too scared. Add characters so obscure they don't even have official voices yet. Moveset wise Mami would be kind of fun though. Mami does a lot of acrobatics, and her guns are made of ribbons so she can weave summoning them into her animations as opposed to just pulling them out of nowhere. Really, I'd just rather have Homura and getting so close to Homura but not would be pretty disappointing.

Nominations:
All on John Gotti (1996)

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I RETURN

As a resident Meguka expert, I am called whenever Meguka speculation comes around.

Mami:
Chance: 0% lmao

One percent per head still attached to her body.

Just as much as I want any other Meguka character

He-Man:

He's kinda obscure nowadays, and there are plenty of cartoon reps in line before him if you ask me.

Want: 10%

I don't really care for him tbh.

Nominations:
All on Jonesey Fortnite

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
"You're Right. I'm Not Alone. I Found Someone Who's Willing to Fight By My Side From Now On!"
Mami Tomoe
Her Theme: Credens Justitiam
Abstain: I've seen a little bit of her episode but i don't really know too much about her, she also doesn't seem like a character that's high enough to be likely for this series sadly.
death-head.gif

This is the first scene of Mami i've seen, All Thanks to Anime America and her disturbing character deaths list.

"By the Power of Greyskull, I HAVE THE POWER!"
He-Man
His Theme: Main Theme of He-Man
Abstain: I Sadly Don't Know Enough about He-Man to give my opinions on him but i wouldn't mind seeing him in the game he does have potential & would look really well in the game,

not sure how likely his chances are of getting in as i have no clue if Mattel would be willing to.

Nominations: Mac & Bloo(Fosters Home)
Edit at 7/16/22 at 9:59 PM: Fixed Some Mistakes Here, I'm sorry if i was too quick with my opinions.

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain on He-Man because I don't remember him well outside of the memes.

Tomoe Mami

Chance- 10%
If there is going to be a Madoka rep it is most likely going to be Madoka herself and Homura. Although there is a slim possibility of Puella Magi outside of those two might happen out of in an unexpected character fashion.

Want- 90%
Mami is one of my top three Puella Magis so I would be happy if she was in. Also she would make an interesting moveset with her guns and ribbons.

Noms
Sakura Kyouko- x3
Sailor Moon- x2

D

Deleted member

Don't loose your head.

Chance - 0%
Yeah. I spoke during my Houmora write up about why I think a Madoka Magica rep is unlikely to happen. But to make it quick: proablly not known enotuh in the west, competition from other anime characters. But if it where to happen, I think it would be main character Madoka or the aforementioned Homoura. I can't see us getting more than those two. Mami is one of the main crew, and plays a big role in the mobile game. But there's simply too much competition. I still think anime characters will be special cases and I can't see them throwing someone like this in.

Want - Abstain
I liked Madoka Magica but its been a while. I don't remember much about her other than her death. I'd rather see Homura or Madoka, and there are other abime franchises I'd want to see before this.

And I said hey, what's going o-on?
Chance - 30%
He-Man is a classic toy and cartoon character. He's mainly known for the 80s cartoon, but has had a number of other seires, films, comics and more. He's still relevant, there's a new cartoon on Netflix and a live action adaption in the works. He is also known through memes. He's pretty well suited to a fighting game, being a classic muscular hero with a sword. Like Transfomers, the series is not owned by WB, being owned by Mattel. WB have had a tiny bit of a hand in the franchise. They distributed the terrible 80's Dolph Lundgren movie. The early 2000s reboot ran on Cartoon Network. He's crossed over with DC characters a few times before. I would not be shocked to see him turn up in a third Injustice game. Worth noting that Mattel and Warner Bros are putting out the upcoming Barbie movie together, and have just announced they're doing a new Hot Wheels film, so the relationship between the two companies is clearly there. As guest characters go, I definitely think he has a shot. But I think we'll get other things first.

Want - 40%
I like He-Man. MOTU is a pretty campy series buts it's a lot of fun. He-Man is a pretty easy fit for a fighting game. It would be cool to see him face off with the rest of the cast. Would be especially fun if they added Lion-O. I would most want it to be the 80s cartoon version, and for them to play up the campyness. Though I wouldn't be opppsed to the 2000s verison or the recent Netflix one. Honestly I'd want Skeletor in just for his interactions.

Noms to Grim (Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy)

Top Bottom