• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 126 - Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Terry McGinnis
Chance: 57%
Want: 62.8%

Bob Odenkirk
Chance: 6.25%
Want: 27.75%

Noms List

75+

50-74
Edward Malus x60

25-49
Wile E. Coyote x47
Spy (Spy vs Spy) x40
Tales From The Crypt content x40
Sesame Street content x38
Simon the Digger x38
Concept: A 7 grand dad reference within Flintstone content x36
Space Ghost x33
Homelander x30
Mothra x30
Craig Williams x30
Evangelion character x29
Aqua Teen Hunger Force character x28
Krypto the Superdog x25
Concept: Any Roster Overlap With Smash x25
Aquaman x25

1-24
Jaune Arc x24
Gilligan x20
Shang Tsung x20
Regular Show characters x18
Leonardo (TMNT) x15
Osmosis Jones x15
Youngblood Priest (Super Fly) x15
Leonidas x15
Fortnite rep x15
Sam I Am x13
Rosie The Robot x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Prohyas and Vambre (Mighty Magiswords) x10
Kazuma & Co. (Konosuba) x10
Yogi Bear x10
Concept: Danny the Street stage x10
Alex DeLarge x10
Omar Little x10
Venture Brothers rep x10
Bloodsport x8
Ratcatcher II x8
Polka Dot Man x8
King Shark x8
Rick Flag x8
Snow Miser x7
Penelope Pitstop x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Uncle Grandpa x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Edited on 11/8/22 at 12:35 PM

"NOTHING BAD EVERY HAPPENS TO THE KENNEDYS!"
Car Flips Over
JFK(Close to the Color of his Red Stripped Shirt)
His Theme: Intro to Clone High

20%: Clone High was a early 2000's cartoon that is one of the more severely underrated gems to people, but now as of recently it's getting a revival which was announced a while back AND is receiving GIF's of scenes in the revival that should be expected as teasers for what's to come.

With the show coming to HBO Max that would give it some leeway of getting into the game, JFK would be someone to promote the series though the same can also be said to Abe and Gandi too, however this would also count as a third party due to coming from Viacom and originally airing on MTV, which might not happen until later & if the series continues strong then they can consider someone from the show.

10%: I've never watch Clone High in it's entirety just some clips from Rebeltaxi and Gandi's "Say Whaaaaaat?" Joke but also one of the videos shared on here, before that was the clip of JFK's car being flipped over when he says one of his iconic lines.

But either way i do plan on giving the show a try when the revival's come around the corner, but now i am a little hesitant after watching that meme compilation

“I’M NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND!”
Chowder
His Theme: Something's Really Cooking/Instrumental
Alt Theme: Musical Beans

81%: Chowder is another one of cartoon network’s finest shows, despite airing during the dark ages of the network it managed to become a cult classic to cartoon network fans.
The show has been present in almost every cartoon network celebration, chowder himself has appeared in Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion & XL being significant in both story modes, he’s even appeared in Billy & Mandy’s Underfist Special, Once Upon a Toon from MAD, OK K.O.’s Crossover Nexus(with Schnitzel), and Another Show made by his creator Harvey Beaks.

There is the chance that chowder is not one of the more higher shows to get in but i think it’s cult following atleast to the community should be enough to see how important the character is to be in the game and there’s also the possibility of chowder getting passed over by Mung Daal though chowder already had a moveset in Punch Time Explosion which could either be transferred or redone, plus it’s possible people would want to see chowder before or alongside mung.

80%: I always saw Chowder as a show with so much charm in it, I think it’s because of how interesting the episodes & the humor is to show how intriguing it is.

Chowder was one of the Cartoon Network shows I've first seen(Besides Dexter and Cow & Chicken), I did learn about cartoon network with Fosters Home getting advertised and looking at the official website from back in the day. I never got to experience any of them besides some clips and games. I did watch cartoon network at own of my sister’s house and saw Camp Lazlo, Robotboy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, & Chowder, then later when i got cable i finally watch the whole series even up to it’s final episode(although i didn’t watch Chowder Grows Up due to the fear of growing up at the time).

If chowder where to get in, i’d either be fine with them using his Punch Time Explosion Moveset but i mostly would want to see the make a new moveset to better represent how he acts in the show, such as some moves similar to Kirby & Dedede and Jake & Taz’s eating moves, can create dishes to heal himself or his allies, farting in the air referencing the toot fruit episode, and breath fire from eating the giant chili pepper, maybe even incorporating kimchi in his moveset similar to Punch Time Explosion.

And it wouldn’t be chowder if there aren’t quips of him breaking the 4th wall or making some humor up that’s as good as the show, maybe there can be a taunt were he pulls the comedy gold book.

Nominations
Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Chowder

Chance: 15%
Chowder was a Cartoon Network animated show created by C. H. Greenblatt (of Harvey Beaks and Jellystone fame). It's about a young... whatever he is called Chowder who dreams of being a master chef and works at a caterer's. It ran for 3 seasons and was mostly positively reviewed.

Despite that, it's not one of CN's most iconic or beloved shows. The era it came out in is usually considered one of a creative slump, so it's likely that the first couple generations of CN fans ditched it just around the time Chowder was on. It does appear to have a cult following, or at least be remembered fondly by those who did watch it (my evidence: all the memes, and my friends always defending it when I say I didn't like it). But idk. WB owns too much iconic animation (and, fingers crossed, should continue to produce more of it) so what hope does even a B-tier show have to compete?

Still, it's not a hopeless situation. All it would take is a surge in fan demand, the devs having a cool moveset idea, or just a lull in the fighter schedule for Chowder to make a lot more sense. All of which are very feasible scenarios. But for now I don't see it or expect it.

Want: 0%
Sorry, didn't like Chowder at all. The designs are ugly, the VA annoying, and the humor too gross-out for my taste.

I like your funny words, magic man

Chance: 27%
Clone High is an interesting case. A show that only ran for a single season would usually be considered a no-hoper. One that isn't even owned by WB, but instead by MTV (parent company Paramount) even moreso. However, one thing Clone High has is a blistering cult following. It was always a popular underrated show, the kind that only those in the know saw. But then that cult following was supercharged by creators Phil Lord and Chris Miller's explosion of popularity post-Lego Movie and Spiderverse. Yeah, turns out that if you become a rockstar animator, people double back and check out your previous work. Nowadays I wouldn't even call Clone High a cult classic, it's just... a moderately popular animated show.

And clearly WB agrees, because they ordered a two-season revival of the show, that's due to start airing next year on HBO Max. I'm not sure why, in this increasingly consolidated media landscape, Paramount would make a show for its competition, but maybe some ownership/licensing/distribution rights shenanigans are involved (worth pointing out that, at least in my country, Clone High aired on CN, as did most Teletoon shows). Whatever the case, major show of faith in the show having a fandom, so that could bode well for its odds of getting a fighter to coincide with one of its new seasons.

Would it be JFK? I don't know. He's not the main character but he is the most memeable, which might make him the most appealing to the devs. Also this quality might land him an outsized role in the revival. And the moveset seems more obvious that those of other characters. I'd peg him as the most likely but not the sole contender.

Want: 100%
I have yet to see Clone High, though it's something I plan to change soon. But come on, it's Lord and Miller, I'll probably like it just fine. For now I'm rating just on the basis of random clips I've seen of the show. It's funny and JFK is funny. And it would be wild to behold.

Noms
Bloodsport
Ratcatcher
Polka-Dot Man
King Shark
Rick Flag

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Abstaining on Chowder. It was after my time.

JFK (Clone High)
Chance:
20%
As has been mentioned, Clone High was a show that didn't make a huge splash when it aired but has somehow stuck. Somehow, despite everything working against it, it's managed to consistently get popular over and over again, mostly thanks to Lord and Miller's constant cultural relevance as they create more and more clever, entertaining works. With the new revival coming to HBO Max (likely because it was known as an MTV show in the US) it's in a great place to become a marketing pick. I think we all know how marketing is important for this game and don't mind it, so sure, hit me with that shill pick!

I have the wildest memories of Clone High, to the point that I was shocked to learn it only ran for 13 episodes. As a kid, it was one of those mythical shows that aired on MTV that I wasn't allowed to watch, so of course I snuck around and tried to catch it anyway and it felt like it was always on TV. My brother would talk about it like it was the funniest show ever, and I vividly remember Gandhi and the ADHD episode as well as the movie marathon episode when I could catch it at a friend's house. It's just lodged in my mind... And so, when it was announced it was having a revival I thought that made sense! It's a strong concept for a show, Lord and Miller made one of the greatest animated movies ever in Spiderverse...and so, when interest was back I sat down and watched it - all 13 episodes! 13! Seriously, that can't be right! But it is. It's a cult hit that bubbled along because it turns out it's just straight up a really clever show. Every episode is a "very special episode" and all the out-of-context clips are hilarious and the characters are just super fun all around. It's just a sharp and fun show that felt great to watch and has aged perfectly well. JFK as the jock with his original voice would be super duper funny and I'd love to see him in the game. A great, fun, cult classic pick that brings unique humor to the game...all things I love to see.

Nominations: Youngblood Priest xMax

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
What have you done Chowder?! Now the animators are gonna have to animate all this fire!

Chance: 18%

Chowder was a moderately popular show back during the network's dark age. It stood out due to its colorful characters and world...and famous 4th wall breaks. If you ask me, I think the meme factor does help Chowder out in the grand scheme of the Cartoon Network catalog. But even then we have zero characters from the golden age to get through first, plus several evergreen characters. I do think Chowder will probably get in eventually, but considering he's not as much of a classic as the many 90's and early 2000's characters, he may be skipped over entirely. By the time he gets in, this game may be long dead, depends on how the game lasts in the long-term.

Want: 90%

This show, alongside Flapjack, Ben 10, Regular Show and Adventure Time, saved my sanity during the late 2000's/early 2010's. God, that was such a terrible time period for Cartoon Network. They stopped airing reruns of the classic shows in exchange for those boring live action shows that I didn't give a **** about, alongside ridiculous shows like Almost Naked Animals which I had completely forgotten about. Yeah, I'm still a little resentful that I had so many boring evenings because I didn't find anything interesting to watch (And yes, I watched some other channels but Cartoon Network was where I got most of my enjoyment from TV. So there is no surprise when I say I don't miss live TV).

But moving onto something positive, Chowder was one of the bright spots in that era for me. I remember watching the premiere of the first episode and getting some good laughs out of it. I didn't think it was quite as funny as many of the golden age cartoons, but the outlandish scenarios kept me entertained. That, and the many 4th wall jokes were brilliant, I think this show may be one of the reasons why I love 4th wall breaks to this day. I do agree with WarioWarioWario that they shouldn't focus entirely on 4th wall breaking for his moveset. They could easily have him use kitchen utensils and even food as projectiles or even swords, which would fit well with the quirkiness of the show. So overall, yeah I adore Chowder and I hope to see him return someday, and MultiVersus is probably his best bet.

J.F.K

Chance: 20%

Not much I can add here. Clone High is a show that managed to maintain its popularity and thanks to that, it now has a couple additional seasons ordered by HBO. For now, J.F.K has a decent chance, but depending on how the revival does it could skyrocket his chances if it blows up. Plus there is always that promotional aspect which is quite powerful as it allowed Black Adam to get into the game before half of the Justice League. Overall, I think this is one of those characters that will be worth rerating in a year or two.

Want: 50%

I've never gotten the chance to watch the show, but once again I give credit to the passionate ratings above. They do make me interested in seeing the show in the future.

Noms:
Tales From The Crypt x5
Mothra x5
Leonardo x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
"No noms means... no RTC days!"

Chance: 5%
Chowder is sort of in an awkward grey area where he's not too much of a classic character, but at the same time isn't a really recent pick to warrant being viewed as a promotional pick. Granted he was in Punch Time Explosion so perhaps they could base a moveset off of that game somehow. Though yeah this feels more like a pick that will get in over time rather than as a priority for the devs.

Want: 80%
Chowder and Flapjack were the last cartoons I remember regularly watching as a kid. This was right before Cartoon Network started pumping out live action shows for whatever reason and me just generally getting too old for a lot of cartoons, so I have fond memories of the two shows for being my final kid cartoon experiences. I liked Chowder a lot so would be down for him getting in.

-----

Abstaining on the funny president clone.

-----

Really not sure what to nom at this point uuuuuhhh... I guess Yusuke Urameshi?

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Beerus from Dragon Ball, as well as John Gotti from the film, Gotti.

Here are some videos to get into the destruction mood:

And here are some videos to get into the mafia mood:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
"Glad to see you're finally realizing the full terror of beerus the destroyer"
Lord Beerus
His Theme: Beerus Madness
Alt Theme: Gods of Destruction(Lord Beerus Vs. Sailor Galaxia) from DEATH BATTLE

50%: Rating Dragon Ball, are we? not bad but we got limits guys

Lord Beerus, The God of Destruction. this purple cat with his egyptian collar and blue baggy pants is not just inspired by the creator's pet cat but he's the god that destroys every world he thinks serves their end, first appearing in the dragon ball movie "Battle of Gods" he seeks to destroy earth only for goku to stop him & facing him in space, in the end beerus won but in the end choose to spare earth after goku understood his power.

While Dragon Ball is the most popular anime series of all and shares a lot of history with warner brothers with Toonami(outside of that & the company it is really well known) the chances of multiple characters might be slim and if they do get two characters it'd be Goku and Vegeta.

But if there were to be a scenario for Dragon Ball to get three characters, Beerus would be one of the contendors due to his status of being a mainstay with the dragon ball cast and even appearing in Fortnite with Goku, Vegeta, and Bulma of all people. although he would again be one contender competing against other dragon ball characters who are popular such as Gohan & Broly.

60%: I thought Beerus was cool, never seen him too much in anything besides Battle of Gods(a little) and some clips of Dragon Ball Super such as that tournament arc, i also rooted for him for his death battle episode when it was airing on youtube, overall i like his design.

John Gotti
[I'll upload this later]

Nominations
Maddie Kim
Evangelion

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
Austin from The Backyardigans

Chance: 0%

Any Dragon Ball character already has significant obstacles and while Beerus is pretty regularly used in marketing now, there is no way they'd pick anyone other than Goku. I really do not see the point in evaluating the chances of anyone that isn't him, and we already had Goku Day. Maybe Vegeta could be added alongside Goku but that's it.

Want: 5%

Beerus is a fun character, but he's not my favorite. I'd be happy enough with Goku just because it'd be Goku in a platform fighter officially.

WHO WOULD YOU TRUST MORE; YOURSELF OR TROLLS BEHIND KEYBOARDS

There is absolutely no chance they would ever include real life Gambino crime family boss John Gotti just because they made an acclaimed HBO movie about him. The 2018 Gotti movie has rotted my brain to the point where I sometimes forget John Gotti was an actual person who committed actual crimes, including, but not limited to, murder. Gotti (1996) was at one point announced to be getting a sequel this year (called GOTTI II: THE FINAL CHAPTER, FACTS UNDISPUTED humorously enough) but at this point, if it wasn't quietly cancelled, it's definitely not coming out anytime soon and I don't even think HBO is involved at all. The entire 1996 Gotti film has been on YouTube illegally for years so HBO evidently doesn't value it very highly either. Regardless, the existence of a 1996 mob film would absolutely not increase the likelihood of, and I cannot stress this enough, real life mafia boss John Gotti being in the funny Batman Shaggy game.

Want: 15%

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING, GOTTI (2018) IS THE GREATEST ****ING KINO IN THE WORLD. MY KINO.

So yeah, I only nominated this because of an entirely unrelated Gotti film starring John Travolta. For those unfamiliar with the joke (which I imagine is most people), Gotti (2018) was a film that spent years in development hell, suffered numerous issues behind the scenes, and is partially financed by the real life Gotti's son, John Gotti Jr. with of all people, Pitbull responsible for the score. The resulting film is a complete mess. The acting ranges from passable to downright terrible, the score is extremely unfitting, and the film's structure blatantly pulls from other better mob films, but doesn't even do so competently. It makes the questionable decision to kind of gloss over that Gotti was in fact, responsible for numerous murders, and opts to portray him (and his son) as victims of THE SYSTEM. It's A Choice for sure. It's not even really a haha funny watch save for a few of Travolta's lines of dialogue, like the bus scene.

The film would have been entirely unremarkable and forgotten if not for one stupid thing. You see, Gotti was a box office bomb unsurprisingly, and has the dubious distinction of holding a 0% score on Rotten Tomatoes. However, despite being a film almost no one saw, for a time, it had almost as many audience ratings as The Incredibles 2 which came out the same weekend, with most of them being positive. This was part of a poor marketing attempt by MoviePass, the film's distributor, as most of the positive reviews only reviewed Gotti and the only other film they distributed. They even started to run ads claiming "Audiences loved Gotti but critics don't want you to see it... The question is why??? Trust the people and see it for yourself!" This is a real ad made to promote the film, I am dead serious.

For a while, Gotti became a massive in-joke with people claiming it was the greatest film ever. In a way, it's the precursor to the Morbius jokes, just on a far smaller scale due to the film's limited reach. The memes died down after the main hubs for the format banned Gotti entirely, but for approximately 5 minutes, the film left its mark. To this day, some people think the "AUDIENCES LOVED GOTTI" and "CRITICS PUT OUT THE HIT" lines were part of the joke and not genuine attempts at marketing.

I have not seen the 1996 Armand Assante film, though it's apparently solid. My want score comes entirely from Gotti 2018 jokes, though even if he did somehow make it in and they added a mechanic where critics could Put Out The Hit, it'd still feel a little, shall we say, questionable to have real life crime boss John Gotti in the game. He's a bit too contemporary for it to feel natural and unlike the previously rated JFK, isn't an exaggerated caricature of the man. It'd definitely get a chuckle out of me just from association though.

LISTEN TO ME, AND LISTEN TO ME GOOD. YOU'RE NEVER GONNA SEE ANOTHER KINO LIKE THIS, IF YOU LIVE TO BE FIVE THOUSAND.

Noms: All on Concept: Content from On Cinema
(For those unaware, On Cinema is a podcast/web series by comedians Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkington that has ties to Adult Swim)

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain on Gotti

Beerus

Chance- 50%
As shown in Fortnite for example it seems like Beerus is one the top picks with Vegeta and Goku currently. It helps he is one of the bigger secondary DB characters and his series is huge as it is.

Want-100%
He is one of my favourite Dragon Ball characters. I had fun with him in DBFZ and Fortnite so pretty sure I would have fun with him in Multiversus.

Noms
Jaune Arc- x10

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
bee rice

Yeah if by some chance this game does end up including third party anime reps and they end up going for Dragon Ball, there’s no way it’s gonna be anyone but Goku. He’s the face of the franchise, arguably the most iconic manga character ever, and he has the whole Smash meme request thing going for him as well. And if they end up doubling down and include another DB fighter with Goku, we’re more likely to see Vegeta or Piccolo joining before Beerus. And Goku isn’t very likely for this game to begin with due to licensing, so I’m not feeling a strong case for Beerus at all.

Yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh as fun as Beerus is, he feels like a random choice to add as your primary Dragon Ball rep instead of Goku. I’ll give him that he’s an important figure in the franchise and him being the God of Destruction gives him quite a bit to work with. But again: if you’re gonna go through the trouble to get a Dragon Ball character, why wouldn’t you just get Goku? It also doesn’t help that the more niche anime WB actually have a direct connection to excite me more as potential inclusions. At heart, I am unfortunately a boomer who doesn’t care that much about Popular McShonenJumpGuy and just wants Badass McMechPerson, the protagonist of that 4 episode OVA Adult Swim funded a second season of 20 years ago.

Gottem

Chance: 1%

So uhhh John Gotti’s a really weird one because unlike any of the other WB crime lords rated, he’s actually a real person. Like, an actual mob boss behind one of America’s biggest crime syndicates. That alone opens a whole can of worms that I’m not sure the Multiversus team would want to deal with, namely the ethics of including a fictionalized version of an actual crime lord. Especially one whose reign took place within living memory, only having died 20 years ago. I feel like if they really wanted a mobster character, they’d go with Henry Hill or Tony Soprano, both of which are recognizable fictional characters who don’t carry the baggage of being directly based on real criminal kingpins.

Abstaining on want because I have no idea how to wrap my head around the ethics of including real life mob boss John Gotti as depicted by Armand Assante in the funny shaggy batman game myself.

All noms on Concept: Riverdale rep

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Austin from The Backyardigans

Any Dragon Ball character already has significant obstacles and while Beerus is pretty regularly used in marketing now, there is no way they'd pick anyone other than Goku. I really do not see the point in evaluating the chances of anyone that isn't him, and we already had Goku Day. Maybe Vegeta could be added alongside Goku but that's it.

Beerus is a fun character, but he's not my favorite. I'd be happy enough with Goku just because it'd be Goku in a platform fighter officially.

WHO WOULD YOU TRUST MORE; YOURSELF OR TROLLS BEHIND KEYBOARDS

There is absolutely no chance they would ever include real life Gambino crime family boss John Gotti just because they made an acclaimed HBO movie about him. The 2018 Gotti movie has rotted my brain to the point where I sometimes forget John Gotti was an actual person who committed actual crimes, including, but not limited to, murder. Gotti (1996) was at one point announced to be getting a sequel this year (called GOTTI II: THE FINAL CHAPTER, FACTS UNDISPUTED humorously enough) but at this point, if it wasn't quietly cancelled, it's definitely not coming out anytime soon and I don't even think HBO is involved at all. The entire 1996 Gotti film has been on YouTube illegally for years so HBO evidently doesn't value it very highly either. Regardless, the existence of a 1996 mob film would absolutely not increase the likelihood of, and I cannot stress this enough, real life mafia boss John Gotti being in the funny Batman Shaggy game.

Want: 15%

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING, GOTTI (2018) IS THE GREATEST ****ING KINO IN THE WORLD. MY KINO.

So yeah, I only nominated this because of an entirely unrelated Gotti film starring John Travolta. For those unfamiliar with the joke (which I imagine is most people), Gotti (2018) was a film that spent years in development hell, suffered numerous issues behind the scenes, and is partially financed by the real life Gotti's son, John Gotti Jr. with of all people, Pitbull responsible for the score. The resulting film is a complete mess. The acting ranges from passable to downright terrible, the score is extremely unfitting, and the film's structure blatantly pulls from other better mob films, but doesn't even do so competently. It makes the questionable decision to kind of gloss over that Gotti was in fact, responsible for numerous murders, and opts to portray him (and his son) as victims of THE SYSTEM. It's A Choice for sure. It's not even really a haha funny watch save for a few of Travolta's lines of dialogue, like the bus scene.

The film would have been entirely unremarkable and forgotten if not for one stupid thing. You see, Gotti was a box office bomb unsurprisingly, and has the dubious distinction of holding a 0% score on Rotten Tomatoes. However, despite being a film almost no one saw, for a time, it had almost as many audience ratings as The Incredibles 2 which came out the same weekend, with most of them being positive. This was part of a poor marketing attempt by MoviePass, the film's distributor, as most of the positive reviews only reviewed Gotti and the only other film they distributed. They even started to run ads claiming "Audiences loved Gotti but critics don't want you to see it... The question is why??? Trust the people and see it for yourself!" This is a real ad made to promote the film, I am dead serious.

For a while, Gotti became a massive in-joke with people claiming it was the greatest film ever. In a way, it's the precursor to the Morbius jokes, just on a far smaller scale due to the film's limited reach. The memes died down after the main hubs for the format banned Gotti entirely, but for approximately 5 minutes, the film left its mark. To this day, some people think the "AUDIENCES LOVED GOTTI" and "CRITICS PUT OUT THE HIT" lines were part of the joke and not genuine attempts at marketing.

I have not seen the 1996 Armand Assante film, though it's apparently solid. My want score comes entirely from Gotti 2018 jokes, though even if he did somehow make it in and they added a mechanic where critics could Put Out The Hit, it'd still feel a little, shall we say, questionable to have real life crime boss John Gotti in the game. He's a bit too contemporary for it to feel natural and unlike the previously rated JFK, isn't an exaggerated caricature of the man. It'd definitely get a chuckle out of me just from association though.

LISTEN TO ME, AND LISTEN TO ME GOOD. YOU'RE NEVER GONNA SEE ANOTHER KINO LIKE THIS, IF YOU LIVE TO BE FIVE THOUSAND.

Noms:
(For those unaware, On Cinema is a podcast/web series by comedians Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkington that has ties to Adult Swim)
That explanation about John Gotti was pretty good.

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
bee rice

Yeah if by some chance this game does end up including third party anime reps and they end up going for Dragon Ball, there’s no way it’s gonna be anyone but Goku. He’s the face of the franchise, arguably the most iconic manga character ever, and he has the whole Smash meme request thing going for him as well. And if they end up doubling down and include another DB fighter with Goku, we’re more likely to see Vegeta or Piccolo joining before Beerus. And Goku isn’t very likely for this game to begin with due to licensing, so I’m not feeling a strong case for Beerus at all.

Yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh as fun as Beerus is, he feels like a random choice to add as your primary Dragon Ball rep instead of Goku. I’ll give him that he’s an important figure in the franchise and him being the God of Destruction gives him quite a bit to work with. But again: if you’re gonna go through the trouble to get a Dragon Ball character, why wouldn’t you just get Goku? It also doesn’t help that the more niche anime WB actually have a direct connection to excite me more as potential inclusions. At heart, I am unfortunately a boomer who doesn’t care that much about Popular McShonenJumpGuy and just wants Badass McMechPerson, the protagonist of that 4 episode OVA Adult Swim funded a second season of 20 years ago.

Gottem

Chance: 1%

So uhhh John Gotti’s a really weird one because unlike any of the other WB crime lords rated, he’s actually a real person. Like, an actual mob boss behind one of America’s biggest crime syndicates. That alone opens a whole can of worms that I’m not sure the Multiversus team would want to deal with, namely the ethics of including a fictionalized version of an actual crime lord. Especially one whose reign took place within living memory, only having died 20 years ago. I feel like if they really wanted a mobster character, they’d go with Henry Hill or Tony Soprano, both of which are recognizable fictional characters who don’t carry the baggage of being directly based on real criminal kingpins.

Abstaining on want because I have no idea how to wrap my head around the ethics of including real life mob boss John Gotti as depicted by Armand Assante in the funny shaggy batman game myself.

All noms on Concept: Riverdale rep
Minor correction: Henry Hill is also a real person, although he was mostly active before Gotti's time. A lot of ad-libbing went into Goodfellas' script though, so the argument is a bit muddier.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Minor correction: Henry Hill is also a real person, although he was mostly active before Gotti's time. A lot of ad-libbing went into Goodfellas' script though, so the argument is a bit muddier.
Somehow I completely forgot Henry Hill was a real person in my write-up and just assumed he was made up for Goodfellas despite knowing better. Is this what having Gotti (2018) brainrot feels like?

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Before creation, must come destruction

Chance: 15%

This may seem a tad high to some of you, but I do think Beerus has a non-zero chance of happening. Out of any anime franchise, Dragon Ball is the most likely one to get multiple reps. With how mainstream it is, it makes sense and even with everything happening at Warner Bros Discovery, I do see DB happening down the line. When it comes to Beerus, he does make sense. He's one of the few that were chosen for Fortnite and he's now a mainstay for the franchise. The only problem is, you guess it, competition. Dragon Ball has such a memorable lineup of characters that even if we got 2-3 reps, there's still heavy competition outside of Goku with Vegeta, Piccolo, Frieza, Cell, etc.

Want: 60%

Assuming he isn't the only DB rep, sure I'd take him. Beerus is really cool and I like his interactions with other characters which is a plus when it comes to MultiVersus.

Gottim

Chance: 0.01%

Yeah I can't get pass the fact that Gotti is a real mob boss, the boss of America's biggest crime syndicate no less. Even if the MultiVersus devs were to somehow overlook that fact, there isn't a lot of incentive to include him. Gotti was a decent success for HBO and the film got several award nominations, but that was over 20 years ago. With little to no demand and the film not being on HBO Max to my knowledge, I don't see it. If they wanted a mafia character, Tony Soprano is right there.

Want: 1%

Much like with Gone With The Wind, I feel the inclusion of Gotti would be too awkward. It would just bring an unnecessary amount of drama to the game when there are less controversial figures to choose from.

Noms: Tales From The Crypt x10

Noms update and day change will happen sometime late tomorrow.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
John F. Kennedy
Chance: 19.4%
Want: 72%

Chowder
Chance: 30.92%

Noms List

75+

50-74
Edward Malus x68

25-49
Wile E. Coyote x47
Tales From The Crypt content x45
Aqua Teen Hunger Force character x43
Spy (Spy vs Spy) x40
Simon the Digger x38
Mothra x35
Jaune Arc x34
Space Ghost x33
Homelander x30
Craig Williams x30
Youngblood Priest (Super Fly) x30
Evangelion character x29
Krypto the Superdog x25
Aquaman x25

1-24
Gilligan x20
Shang Tsung x20
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Venture Brothers rep x17
Osmosis Jones x15
Leonidas x15
Fortnite rep x15
Sam I Am x13
Rosie The Robot x13
Bloodsport x12
Ratcatcher II x12
Polka Dot Man x12
King Shark x12
Rick Flag x12
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Yogi Bear x10
Alex DeLarge x10
Omar Little x10
Peppa Pig x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Snow Miser x7
Penelope Pitstop x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Uncle Grandpa x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Day over.

Rate Concept: The Conjuring Universe rep, as well as Marceline from Adventure Time.

Here is some music to get into the spooky mood:

And here are some videos to get into the goth vampire mood:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Aw **** time to abuse the 1 hour rule

Gotti catch em all

So I was planning to give this a moderately high score thinking we were talking about Travolta Gotti. That's a huge meme of a movie and I wouldn't put it past this game to lean into it. Hell, even Travolta would probably be on board given how he tried to pass The Fanatic off as a joke. But it turns out WB just made another movie about the historical Gotti. With that, any connection to the meme is gone and we're left with an obscure movie starring an actor who isn't very well known. Also Gotti having been a real person might pose some issues.

Want: 50%
I would give 100% for the One True Gotti. That movie is freaking hilarious for how bad it is. The whole story surrounding its box office performance and the pathetic attempts to make it hit only make it better. Alas, this ain't it. But! It would still be John Gotti in the game. There might be some jokes included. And even if not in-game, there would at least be a resurgence in Gotti memes. I can appreciate that. So for that reason Fake!Gotti gets a 50%

-

You've heard of CatDog, now get ready for CatGod

I'll abstain from scoring this like with all anime characters. It's simply too hard to gauge for many reasons. The complicated rights, the budget, the lack of knowledge if they're even looking at third party characters. It's too messy to give a clear outlook. However, I need noms, so here I am writing anyway. Dragon Ball is, of course, one of the biggest franchises in anime and manga and just, in pop culture. It makes sense that if they go for anime, DB would be their first choice. But obviously the pick would be Goku. And if there was a second char (MultiVersus loves its duos) it would be Vegeta, no question. Is more than two likely? Idk, I guess it's such a big deal that they'd want more than 2 if the door is open and they can afford it. Would Beerus be one? Eh... I doubt it. DB is full of iconic, popular, battle-ready characters. Beerus is relatively new, all things considered, and while he's the go-to rep for Super (he was in Fortnite, right?) this game kinda skews retro in its selection. It's a possibility but not a strong one.

As for want, I think Beerus is great. His design is awesome, the whole Anubis-looking garb, I dig it. His personality is also pretty fun, being this serious egotistical god yet also having a soft spot for sweets (and as of Super Hero, green ladies...) I'd be okay with him, but not something I'm actively rooting for.

Noms: Bloodsport
Ratcatcher II
Polka-Dot Man
King Shark
Rick Flag

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
The Conjuring
Abstain: I'm just gonna get this one out of the way, i never watched the series nor do i plan to because of the villain being a evil pope which i do not like(I'm Christian so i wouldn't want to displease myself on this film) although i did find that it's a pretty popular series grossing out a lot in the box office.

There's also the music i heard & the reception that makes me see the good in it and the series also exists in the same world as Annabelle(which i don't dislike), i'm starting to realize maybe i couldn't rated this just for respect but it'd rather not push for the villain to get in even if there's the potential to use other characters such as the protagonists or annabelle.

Edit at 11/16/22 at 7:22 PM: The Vampire Queen Has Arrived

Daddy, Why did you eat my fries? I bought them, and they were mine. But you ate them, yeah, you ate my fries… And I cried, but you didn’t see me cry.
Daddy, do you even love me? Well, I wish you’d show it, ‘Cause I wouldn't know it. What kind of dad eats his daughter’s fries, And doesn’t even look her in the eyes? Daddy, there were tears there. If you saw them would you even care?

Marceline
Her Theme: I'm Just Your Problem
Alt Theme: House Hunting

59%: The Vampire Queen or Vampire Girl from Adventure Time, Marceline is a very well known character in the series, she has appeared in almost every episode including a miniseries feturing her as the main character called "Stakes" not only being the most popular but the most recurring character in the show.

in terms of her chances of getting in Multiversus she's guaranteed to be the next character alongside Ice King Tony Hugh said, although even then adventure time should atleast wait for a while before getting a new character since Cartoon Network has yet to have any unrepresented series get in for fans in the community to be satisfied.

60%: I wouldn't mind marceline in the game, she's a pretty good character(outside of her role with PB)

Edit at 7:30 PM: Oops forgot my nomination!

Nominations
Simon the Digger
Evangelion

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
The Conjuring Universe rep

Chance:
55%

While Conjuring is without a doubt one of the biggest franchises of WBD at the moment, it's by no means a shoo-in. Not only it's a series of religious dark horror movies with live-action actors, it's hard to pick a single character or monster that could work well in a goofy platform fighter.

However, Annabelle comes to mind when thinking about iconic characters that wouldn't be potentially offensive and I imagine a haunted doll would make a unique fighter. With some of the other WBD horror characters having potentially more muddy rights issues, seeing some sort of Conjuring representing seems plausible but there are hurdles it needs to pass.

Want: 80%

My score would be higher if the characters in question were definitely the Warrens but I'm not that interested in the Conjuring monsters. The movies lean very heavily on religious imagery for horror which I'm not a fan of. What I am a fan of, on the other hand, is the relationship between Lorraine and Ed. They're such a sweet couple and having a couple of paranormal investigators in Multiversus is something I'd like to see.

All noms to Craig Williams

The Conjuring
Abstain: I'm just gonna get this one out of the way, i never watched the series nor do i plan to because of the villain being a evil pope which i do not like(I'm Christian so i wouldn't want to displease myself on this film) although i did find that it's a pretty popular series grossing out a lot in the box office.
Funny enough, while I liked the first movie, the reason I couldn't take it very seriously is the exact opposite.

I'm not religious and as aforementioned, the script plays the Christian dogma so by-the-book that I felt like the emotional impact was lost on me.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain on The Conjuring Universe rep

Marceline

Chance- 50%
Her series is one of the biggest Cartoon Network ones. Also it helps that it seems like Marceline is one of Adventure Time's more popular characters.

Want- 10%
I like Marceline's goth vampire theme, but I don't really want a third Adventure Time rep. Since AT is one of my least wanted series.

Jaune Arc- x10

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The devil made me rate it

Chance: 60%

The Conjuring Universe is made up of 3 Conjuring films, 3 Annabelle films, The Nun, and The Curse of La Llorona. In order for me to properly rate this, I feel I need to break this down by each notable character:
  • Ed and Lorraine Warren - Definitely the most popular human characters from the series thanks to their charisma and great relationship. The fact that they are the main connecting points between the 3 mainline films also helps too. The only major obstacle is getting the rights to the actors' likeness.
  • Annabelle - One of the modern horror icons and one of the obvious choices for a Conjuring rep. She is there right from the beginning with the first Conjuring and has made brief appearances in the other movies outside of her 3 films. According to the wikipedia page of the real life Annabelle doll, Warner Bros used a different design to avoid copyright issues so that's another bonus for her.
  • The Nun - One of the most iconic figures from the franchise and has a film of her own with a sequel coming next year. But the fact that she is a possessed nun may cause some controversy that the devs may want to avoid.
  • La Llorona - To be honest I haven't seen the film yet so I'm not sure how realistic this is. But I imagine there isn't many issues aside from the fact that Curse of La Llorona is the lowest performing film in the series and is generally less iconic than the other ghosts.
  • Crooked Man - He serves as a secondary antagonist of sorts for The Conjuring 2 and is memorable in his own right. He was going to get his own film but then it got cancelled so he's probably not at the top of the totem pole.
Overall, looking at the list I think the Warrens and Annabelle have the best shot. While they aren't quite the most suited for a fighting game, MultiVersus has demonstrated creative ingenuity and The Conjuring Universe has become the highest grossing horror franchise to date, despite only being 9 years old and consisting of just 8 films. That's quite an accomplishment and I definitely think Warner Bros will give this universe a nod eventually.

No surprise to say that I enjoy these films! I'm not up to date on it, I haven't seen La Llorona, Annabelle Comes Home or Conjuring 3. But I've consistently liked every film so far. Even The Nun, which I think is the weakest of the movies I've seen, has some merits to it like the fact that they filmed in actual abandoned castles in Rome. How cool is that? You know what I'll just give my brief thoughts on the films:
  • The Conjuring - A genuinely great film that has some well-earned scares and probably the best atmosphere of the franchise. If you ask me, this is still the best of the series and a modern classic.
  • Annabelle - An ok film that has some good moments like the home invasion sequence, but for reasons I'm struggling to put into words, it just feels less entertaining than the others.
  • Conjuring 2 - A worthy successor to the original. There is some great scares and suspenseful sequences, though the fact that it takes place in a neighborhood rather than in a far away, isolated house makes it a little less scary to me.
  • Annabelle Creation - A superior sequel with some shocking moments that made my jaw drop.
  • The Nun - The atmosphere is great, but this is plagued by several problems. Mostly nonsensical character decisions and very cheap scares with 50% of the creepy moments being "figure suddenly appearing in background then vanishing" which gets repetitive.
What else can I say? Well playing as paranormal investigators or a demon/demon-possessed object sounds really fun. I could ramble on and on, but the point is I would be very excited for this universe to get some content.

What time is it???

Chance: 28%

When it comes to Adventure Time, you could go in different directions for a third rep. I gave Princess Bubblegum a 25% but I'll give Marceline a slightly higher score since I think she has, at least on the surface level, more interesting abilities to work with due to being a vampire who can transform. But I think it could easily go either way....or Ice King. Who knows? Down the line Adventure Time could get even more characters than 3 but I guess if I had to bet on one it would be Marceline.

Want: 8%

I think she would be more fun than Bubblegum in terms of both personality and moveset (no offense to Bubblegum. I just find her to be kind of bland, and I stopped watching before they developed her character more in the later seasons). But again I'm not jumping at the chance to play anymore Adventure Time characters at the moment. Give other Cartoon Network series more love before triple dipping.

Noms: Matt Cordell (Maniac Cop) x15

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Abstaining on the Conjuring as I am not interested in Horror as a genre.

“I’m not really mean. I’m over 1,000 years old and I lost my moral code”

Chance: 60%
Marceline is one of the more prominent Adventure Time characters, being in the show since Season 1. She is the Vampire Queen and the daughter of the Night o Sphere ruler. She also converted the family Battle Axe into a guitar.

In Multiversus she already exists as a purchase able ring out animation. However Tony has stated that having a non playable appearance doesn’t mean you can’t join the battle down the line. Additionally he has stated Marceline is a cool character that he would add, but I don’t really see this as a point since this applies to basically everyone.

Half Vampire? Check. Voiced by the same person who voiced Vanessa Doofenschmirtz? Check. Killer Tunes? Definitely a check.

The only real issue I see with her has more to do with other Adventure Time characters such as Ice King and Princess Bubblegum. But even then Marceline can bring more than a Axe and singing to the world of Multiversus which makes her my most wanted third Adventure Time rep.

Noms: All to Gilligan (Gilligan’s Island)

D

Deleted member

Chance - 20%
The Conjuring universe is a cinematic universe made up of horor films. Rhe series started with 2013's the Conjuring, which spawned two sequals, focusing on the exploits of real world paranormal invesgators Ed and Lorraine Warren, played by Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga, as they battle the forces of hell. It then became a connected universe with spin offs, those being Anabelle, starrng the titular haunted doll, which received two sequals, the Nun, which is getting a sequal next year, and the standalone Curse of La Llorona. The films are connected mainly through easter eggs and returning characters. The franchise has been a big money maker for WB. The series still has a future, with a fourth Conjuring, Anabelle and varoius spin off films, and even a TV show, all having been talked about at some point. DC even put our a comic series in this universe. The biggest things going against the chances of us getting a representative from this franchise are potential mature content concerns. These films deal with sensitive subjects, such as religion. The most likely character would probably be Anabelle. She doesn't really have much going against her (the Warren's are real people, the Nun is potentially offensive, La Llorona isn't the most popular), and a haunted doll is a classic archetype. Another thing this series potentialy has going against it is competition from other horor icons. The Conjuring verse does have the factor of being fully WB owned, but WB do have some rights to the likes of Freddy Kruger and Pennywise, who are much more iconic to a casual audience. I think there's a possibility for some form of representation, but I could also see it not happening

Want - 40%
I like these films, thiugh I haven't seen all of them. They're shlocky but I have a lot of fun with them. I think my excitement for this would depend on who the rep is. Anabelle isn't my favourite of these films, but she could still have a pretty fun movesret. Valek could be interesting if they make full use of their demonic powers.

Chance- 70%
Marcaline is a beloved character from Adventure Time. Starting out as a side character, the series really started to develop her more due to her fan favorite status, which included her long teased relationship with PBG. This was popular enough to give them their own special after the series ended. The devs seem to have a real fondness for Adventure Time. It has a lot of content. I do think that if AT gets another rep it'll probably be her. Bubblegum and Ice King both have a soild shot, but Marcaline feels the most built for a fighting game. The devs have also directly acknowled her as character they'd be interested in adding. She does appear as a ring out, but I dont think that would stop her from appearing. Only thing I'm unsure on is if we'll get a third AT rep. There are many new series I think they'll want to focus on first.

Want - 50%
Marcaline is a cool character. I like AT but i don't really need a third AT character any time soon. I could use some more seires verity. But if we had to get one then she would definitely be the one I'd choose. She works really well in a fighting game.

Since the show did air on CN..

Noms to the Anoying Orange

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
What did they conjure, anyway?

Chance: 40%
The Conjuring is a horror franchise owned by Warner Bros. It has been running since 2013, with 8 movies released and at least 2 more in the works. Having grossed over $2 billion on a combined budget of less than $200M, it could be called one of the few successful cinematic universes released in the shadow of the MCU.

It occupies an interesting position when it comes to horror movies, because unlike your slashers or your classic horrors, the Conjuring movies belong more to the lineage of the haunted house genre. They often deal with unexplained supernatural phenomena, often of a religious nature, rather than someone straight up killing peeps. Not to say that there aren't mascots and potential fighters, but this is more in line with The Exorcist or The Shining than something like Freddy Krueger or The Invisible Man.

So who could it be? The Warrens are cool but they're a grounded human couple and licensing would be required. When it comes to baddies, we have the trio of Anabelle, the Nun and the Crooked Man. I'm not counting La Llorona because I didn't see that movie and neither have you. Anabelle would be your archetypal creepy doll, albeit less manic than Chucky and more outright creepy and unmoving. The Nun is more obviously horror and has a lot of power behind her, but would the religious aspect of her hold her back? Then there's the Crooked Man, who I'd say is the most unique and fit for a fighting game, but his spin-off movie was canceled. Overall I guess Anabelle would be the rep.

Finally, I want to touch on the franchise's future because of recent developments. WB being a bit stupid lately is no revelation. And so it happens that the Conjuring was created by James Wan, who it was announced is merging his production company with Blumhouse and setting up at Universal with a distribution deal (this after Warner sent his movie Malignant to die on HBO Max like they did with every 2021 movie in their infamous plan that destroyed most of their relationships with talent). Likewise, the head of New Line at the time they made The Conjuring was Walter Hamada, who later went on to become head of DC Films... and unceremoniously quit last month after the also-infamous shelving of Batgirl. Basically my question is, is The Conjuring safe from WB ****ery? On the positive side, I would point to the two movies that are announced (which happened relatively recently) and the fact that franchise creator Wan and producer Peter Safran are still in business with WB through their work on DC (as director of the Aquaman movies and head of DC Studios). But who knows at this point, dumber things have happened.

I'm a fan! I like these movies. Not all of them, and not equally, but they're good. My preferred pick, as mentioned, would be the Crooked Man, purely from a gameplay perspective, but I have a soft spot for Lorraine and Ed. It's super understated how much their relationship carries these movies and I think it would be cool to see the unassuming Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson duking it out with the Iron Giant and Gizmo.

Vampire Survivor

Chance: 22%
Adventure Time is a big deal. I'd say a big enough deal to get more than two fighters. From my limited knowledge of the show, I think it would come down to Marceline, Bubblegum and the Ice King. Marceline is very popular and she has strong potential because of being a vampire. Plus iirc she's a musician, right? So there's that archetype too. Not much else to say, I think there's a solid chance.

Want: 0%
I could never get into Adventure Time. I hear it gets really deep and serious at some point, but I can't get past the amount of lol funny random that it would take to get there. I would prefer that other shows get reps. Nothing against Marceline, she was pretty cool. In fact, if we have to get another AT rep, I guess she'd be my choice.

Noms: Bloodsport
Ratcatcher II
Polka-Dot Man
King Shark
Rick Flag

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
The Titular Conjurer

Chance: 45%
I honestly had no idea how many of these movies existed until today. I knew of Annabelle but apparently they got a whole cinematic universe going. The main problem with a Conjuring rep IMO is WB also has the rights to massive horror icons like Freddy or Pennywise and they'd be much easier to sell. Not to say The Conjuring is obscure or anything, just that if we're specifically in the ballpark of "horror rep for the sake of it" you're competing against some of the giants. Regardless, the series does have its own merits for sure. It's made a ton of money and the cross promotion angle for a game like this is always a plus.

Want: 75%
Though I'm not much of a horror guy myself, the horror themed MK guests are a lot of fun so I'm always down for spooky characters. I think Annabelle would be my pick because I've actually heard of her before and she's basically Geno probably the closest I'll get to having Chucky in this game. Chucky's one of my most wanted MK guests just for the second coming of SC4 Yoda so if Scorpion and Annabelle make it, that'd be pretty funny. I will say, reading some of the posts today has made me more interested in these movies. I didn't know that they're based on the work of actual paranormal investigators, that's pretty neat.

My want score will increase to 100% if they say "The Conjuring" in any film in the series because my sense of humor is broken.

It's Marbing Time

Chance: 50%
I feel like they'll probably triple dip on Adventure Time at some point, and Marceline is definitely one of the front runners there. She was playable in Lego Dimensions over both of her main competitors Ice King and PBG (although Lego Dimensions also has Lumpy Space Princess), so she has that going for her. I'd rate this higher if this was a new AT rep in general but for Marceline specifically, it could really go either way.

She's a Morbius, okay? Nah but for real she could have a pretty neat moveset and I do enjoy her character. My main hold up is the more cartoon characters wind up in this game, the more disappointed I'll be that they didn't include idk, Kangaroo Jack with his false advertising meter or something stupid like that.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
The Titular Conjurer

Chance: 45%
I honestly had no idea how many of these movies existed until today. I knew of Annabelle but apparently they got a whole cinematic universe going. The main problem with a Conjuring rep IMO is WB also has the rights to massive horror icons like Freddy or Pennywise and they'd be much easier to sell. Not to say The Conjuring is obscure or anything, just that if we're specifically in the ballpark of "horror rep for the sake of it" you're competing against some of the giants. Regardless, the series does have its own merits for sure. It's made a ton of money and the cross promotion angle for a game like this is always a plus.

Want: 75%
Though I'm not much of a horror guy myself, the horror themed MK guests are a lot of fun so I'm always down for spooky characters. I think Annabelle would be my pick because I've actually heard of her before and she's basically Geno probably the closest I'll get to having Chucky in this game. Chucky's one of my most wanted MK guests just for the second coming of SC4 Yoda so if Scorpion and Annabelle make it, that'd be pretty funny. I will say, reading some of the posts today has made me more interested in these movies. I didn't know that they're based on the work of actual paranormal investigators, that's pretty neat.

My want score will increase to 100% if they say "The Conjuring" in any film in the series because my sense of humor is broken.

It's Marbing Time

Chance: 50%
I feel like they'll probably triple dip on Adventure Time at some point, and Marceline is definitely one of the front runners there. She was playable in Lego Dimensions over both of her main competitors Ice King and PBG (although Lego Dimensions also has Lumpy Space Princess), so she has that going for her. I'd rate this higher if this was a new AT rep in general but for Marceline specifically, it could really go either way.

She's a Morbius, okay? Nah but for real she could have a pretty neat moveset and I do enjoy her character. My main hold up is the more cartoon characters wind up in this game, the more disappointed I'll be that they didn't include idk, Kangaroo Jack with his false advertising meter or something stupid like that.

I wonder if Lumpy Space Princess has any chance of happening someday, maybe i could try to nominate her when i get the chance later.

Also, Kangaroo Jack is making wanna break down the Hip Hop Song he made.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The Conjuring rep
Chance:
85%
As has been said, The Conjuring is a big franchise. More than that, it's an important one! I would argue that The Conjuring is one of the franchises that helped move horror forward. You can really look at eras of horror and see the big franchises that helped set the stage for the next few years, or brought horror back in a big way, and after the exhaustion of torture porn in the early-00s, it was The Conjuring and Paranormal Activity that brought back the haunted house genre and got people wanting to see some scares in the theaters again. That said, any Conjuring rep as has been said would have to face off against plenty of equally iconic and important characters - Freddy and Pennywise, and Pennywise especially worked with Stranger Things to change horror again for a modern era. You think we'd be getting things like The Black Phone (which is great) or Ghostbusters Afterlife (which is not) if it weren't for the insane success of It Chapters One and Two? Nah. That said, I do think that as a franchise The Conjuring has pull AND as a character Annabelle especially has sway.

Want: 90%
So, I'm with others that are fans - my favorite characters are The Warrens! I do not consider Ed and Lorraine Warren from the movies to be at all related to their real life counterparts. They're clearly fictionalized versions of these people and the movies are based on their cases, though there would definitely need to be some kind of likeness licensing in order to get these characters involved. I haven't seen the latest Conjuring movie but I have seen the first two and my partner's seen the Annabelle movies and The Nun as well. The Conjuring 2 is a very, very important movie to me, and a big reason for that is because of Ed and Lorraine's moving romantic relationship. It's to the point that I want Can't Help Falling In Love With You played at my wedding since it was used in a beautiful scene in that film. Playable paranormal investigators, one of whom can see ghosts and perform exorcisms, now that has potential!

That said, there are some others with potential, too. Valak/The Nun has become fairly known and has a ton of great spooky powers (The Nun itself is a pretty bad movie but hey, demon powers!). Annabelle as a killer haunted doll also has potential. The Crooked Man is what got us to watch The Conjuring 1 & 2 since he has such an awesome design. Unfortunately he was more of an accessory to Valak and they canceled the movie focusing on him. Shame.

Anyway, all that to say...The Conjuring is a really cool series. Not an all-time favorite franchise or anything, but it has enough spooky ghosts and cool characters to make me really excited to see it represented in this game. I definitely think the safest choice would be Annabelle as she has notoriety, no religious connotations, and isn't based on anyone real, so sure. Hit me up. And for anyone interested in the movies, The Conjuring 1 & 2 are very cool because they are bloodless and deathless, focused solely on mood and scares. They can get a bit loud at points but as someone with an interest in Christian theology due to my upbringing I find the whole exorcism stuff to be a really fun way to explore how religion can provide comfort and also discomfort in peoples' lives. I don't believe in it or anything but I just think spooky ghost investigations are fun. And again. The Conjuring 2 is a really sweet and moving film once all the spooky ghost stuff is said and done. I think that's neat.

Marceline
Chance:
65%
This is a difficult one. It's a question of "will they triple-dip into Adventure Time?" If this were Punch Time Explosion, sure. But we've gotten B-MO as an announcer, Finn and Jake...who knows. It feels like a lot of AT content is already in. That said, if they want to add more, I think Marceline is on the shortlist. She's a popular character to this day, she's a guitar-playing vampire, and she's just plain cool in every way. I think she'd be a frontrunner, even with other characters like Princess Bubblegum in the running.

The first episode of Adventure Time I ever watched was What Was Missing. It was an episode I heard of because it hinted at Marceline and Princess Bubblegum's relationship, and it was one of the first cartoons in my adulthood that I saw showing even hints at a queer relationship. I wasn't aware of my own queerness, even in college, but I sought that episode out and something about the beautiful song Marceline sung and her yearning for something she ruined in the past really deeply affected me. I watched it again and again, and eventually caught up with the series. I still haven't finished it all these years later...I couldn't even tell you what season I stopped at. But I do plan on finishing eventually. The series really does get very good, very artistic, and very strange and melancholy and meaningful - all the things that made me fall in love with What Was Missing. I don't really know why I stopped watching... Anyway, Marceline means a lot to me, and she's super cool in general. Again, she's a vampire with a guitar axe who has some of the most impactful episodes of the series. She would just be a lot of fun to play as, even if I don't think they should be triple-dipping on AT any time soon.

Nominations: Youngblood Priest xMax

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Beerus
Chance: 23%
Want: 46%

John Gotti
Chance: 0.25%
Want: 22%

John Gotti is now the least likely character.

Noms List

75+

50-74
Edward Malus x68
Tales From The Crypt content x55

25-49
Wile E. Coyote x47
Jaune Arc x44
Aqua Teen Hunger Force character x43
Spy (Spy vs Spy) x40
Evangelion character x39
Simon the Digger x38
Mothra x35
Space Ghost x33
Homelander x30
Craig Williams x30
Youngblood Priest (Super Fly) x30
Krypto the Superdog x25
Aquaman x25

1-24
Gilligan x20
Shang Tsung x20
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Venture Brothers rep x17
Bloodsport x16
Ratcatcher II x16
Polka Dot Man x16
King Shark x16
Rick Flag x16
Osmosis Jones x15
Leonidas x15
Fortnite rep x15
Concept: On Cinema content x15
Sam I Am x13
Rosie The Robot x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Yogi Bear x10
Alex DeLarge x10
Omar Little x10
Peppa Pig x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Riverdale rep x10
Snow Miser x7
Penelope Pitstop x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Uncle Grandpa x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Day over.

Rate Huey Freeman from The Boondocks, as well as The Flash from DC Comics.

Some videos to get into the boondock mood:

And here are some videos to get into the mood to go fast:

A reminder that this is the last day of the schedule. So make those noms count.

I'm letting you all know now that this day will last until Friday, November 25th. This is to allow ample time for you all to get your ratings in during the upcoming holiday without time pressure. Plus to be honest I do need a little break from this thread to avoid burnout.

Take this time to enjoy the company of your friends and family.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Huey

Chance- 10%
Boondocks is a pretty niche series at this point despite having some popularity. Huey is basically Boondocks' icon though but I see them choosing more mainstream Adult Swim series over Boondocks.

Want- 60%
Boondocks was a pretty decent anime like series I've seen. Also Huey is a pretty neat character and would have awesome potential although his dialogues might be toned down.

Flash
Chance- 90%
Out of the DC Heroes Flash is definitely the pick after Batman, Superman, and Wonderwoman. He popped up in several mainstream DC works and very iconic hero. Only downside of him is the devs may not want to put more DC Heroes for now.

Want- 5%
I would prefer him over other characters for sure. His super speed powers aren't particularly interesting to him and I felt he was kind of plain compared to other DC characters.

Noms
Jaune Arc- x10

Top Bottom