• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Rate The Above Song, Then Post Another

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
7.5/10

The song started out with some awesome instrumental intro, but the lyrics surprised me. Some of them kinda strange, but overall they seem to be about many common issues in life and society today, while still holding out hope and finding some joy in life even amongst one's struggles. It's an intriguing look at the subject, and musically, it sounds great, to boot, with some singing befitting the song, subject matter and the tone the rest of the elements in the song are going for, and some stellar instrumentals. All in all, an enjoyable and very worthwhile listen.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
9/10
An excellent, timeless song. Great guitar solos & build up to the end. Maybe a little longer than what i usually listen too (i know kind of funny coming from me after the song i previously posted) but i wouldnt change it since they do a great job of keeping you captivated throughout.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
7/10

The instrumentals are good, but I'm not sure if I'm a big fan of the overall vocal work. Theme-wise, though, it's interesting, seeming to be either about a relationship or not wanting to anything to do with someone who pines after them, likely a toxic and/or vain individual. It captures an empowering theme in that regard. Overall, an enjoyable song that carries a powerful theme.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
6/10

I liked this a song a lot more when I was younger, Maybe I grew more impatient, or just started listening to faster music. It feels harder to stay engaged with, somehow. Also, where’s Will Smith?

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
7.5/10

The beginning had a dramatic and epic buildup, then quickly transitioned into a fast-paced, frantic yet still dramatic song with an almost tragic undertone. It sounds a lot like a video game boss track. While having lyrics could have made the song even more intriguing with the title it has, it's not necessary, either. My only complaint is that I wish the song could have been longer.

And, to possibly cap my posts in this thread for spooky month off, here's something in honor of the release of the a certain horror movie several years in the making:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
7/10 Tiny points off for using the Bieber remix, but not much. The downtempo, vibey afrobeats style here is probably the style his vocals fit best on. Plus I have this song to thank for launching Tems's mainstream career, which has been great. And this song is a great example of what makes her soothing vocals so great.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
7.5/10

Listening to it, I couldn't tell if this song was novelty, about bullying, or about actual dogs on campgrounds. I did look it up and find out that it actually is about community dogs, but even without that knowledge, it was an intriguing and catchy song. The vocal work compliments the instrumentals nicely, and vice-versa, and the whole song is super catchy. It's also just nice hearing a song about dogs like this. Overall, a solid song!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
7/10 When I listen to this, I think about how in Sonic Adventure 2 you would get a mission preview narrated by a character with music in the background. This is theme song music for an exposition dump. :nifty: But still a good song.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
8.5/10 The Money Store is such a classic record. MC Ride's breathtaking, manic vocals and the sheer pulse of the production is just as good as any other song on the album. Everyone who reads this, go stream this now. Get Got specifically is a little too repetitive compared to more interesting compositions like I've Seen Footage, but I'd never turn down a spin of it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
6/10 As far as new age original Christmas songs go, this is good, but not jolly enough imo

Divine Grace Maryse

Class of 1979
Premium
5 outta 10. Okay, the spongebob characters and even that bit of street fighter reference at the beginning was a good touch, but the heavy use of language? Uh-uh, sorry, but...

Anyways, here's another classic holidays song. :starman:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
7.5/10 I normally don't like spoken word segments in my music, but the opening and ending here were really charming! Unfortunately, they skimped on the harmonizing in this, which is kinda the Temptations' specialty. Goes to show their talent that I never got sick of the main singer despite his pitchiness, he was really good at hitting those notes, but it could've used some texture from the others more often.

Here's one of my personal Christmas classic favs!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
6/10 It’s elevator music, but it’s at least catchy. The best fighting game OST is the original Killer Instinct imo

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
6/10

Gives me a real nice 2010s rock vibe but doesn’t quite have enough energy to justify its length, or to get me to want to like, sing along at full volume in the car or something. Would probably sound better sped up. Also has a pretty week beginning and ending.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
9/10 You found my weakness. I am such a sucker for long songs with shifting and variable parts which all fit together into a cohesive vibe. Others might call this repetitive, which might be objectively true, but it justifies that with the instrumentation and the way the vocals kinda fade in and out.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
8/10 I would absolutely listen to this while travelling down a coastal highway

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
8/10 Dark pop is getting a little saturated but the last minute absolutely saved the song

Nergion

Smash Rookie
^ 5/10

The singing is nice, but not much melody to speak of aside from the vocal melodies. Just kind of singing over a generic drumbeat. I'd prefer more music.

Top Bottom