• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Zelda =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Din overuse will cost you in the long run. Also, both Marth and you used dash grab/attack too much. Use more FF ANA or FF AFAs instead

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
thanks MRTW.

but what's FF ANA and FF AFA?
FF=Fastfall
AFA=Fair
ANA=Nair
Fastfall helps you either sweetspot better or not be vulnerable in the air for long if you miss.

goodkid

Smash Lord
^^^lol @ the AFA/ANA those terms are rarely used so don't worry about that too much. But FF is useful. Youtube is not letting me view @ the moment.

Nakayorz

Smash Apprentice
I only looked at the first video on yoshi's island.

This reminds me of gameplay from like April 2008. But it's okay you probably just started playing.

I'm going to try to be blunt and constructive here. (forgive any sarcasm that I throw into this post)

There is something to be said about being a high roller in vegas, but you'd go bankrupt with your savings taking it to this extreme. There is a such thing as walking. Make use of it and take the time to space your moves. You have more options from neutral state and walking than when you're recovering out of rolls and sticking out moves with recovery.There was way too much flailing about sticking out moves recklessly after rolling when your opponent wasn't even anywhere near enough to be hit.

That should be a lot to point you in the right direction, your opponent could stand to play smarter with those tools as well.

Good Luck and Have fun.

"You need emotional content! Try Again!"

:psycho:

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Is this wifi or offline? Just wondering.

Anyway you seem to have a problem I had back in the day. That someone had to confront me about which ended up helping me a lot. But you seem to have involuntary move syndrome, guess i'll call it that lol. You throw out most of your moves whether it be Upsmash and especially Dsmash when your opponent is no where near you. this seem to happen on multiple occasions.

You also seem to roll more than you walk/run which as seen makes you roll into the opponents move when you can clearly see it coming. Aside from that basically what Naks said lol. We all have bad habits and it isn't till someone kicks us in the *** to realize it and fix them. :laugh:

I'm not one to give advice or "critique" someone elses playing cuz I have problems of my own to fix. But just passing the knowledge lol. You can take it or completly ignore it up to you. All in all just practice and have fun. ^_^

Darkmusician

Smash Master

dyd

Smash Rookie
wow thank for all the advice guys. they are really helpful =]

yeah I have a lot of bad habits like rolling and spamming attacks. It seems like these are the main problems, so I'll work on them first.

Darkmusician: thanks a lot but i'm more of an amateur than someone who's truly serious. I mean, I dont even have a wii. I started playing a few months ago on my friend's wii, since I hang out in his room a lot. But i have a lot of stuff going on life and i only play when i have the time.

But again, thanks for all your help =]. I'll try to post more videos after i get better.

Oh yeah, and this is recorded offline.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
wow thank for all the advice guys. they are really helpful =]

yeah I have a lot of bad habits like rolling and spamming attacks. It seems like these are the main problems, so I'll work on them first.

Darkmusician: thanks a lot but i'm more of an amateur than someone who's truly serious. I mean, I dont even have a wii. I started playing a few months ago on my friend's wii, since I hang out in his room a lot. But i have a lot of stuff going on life and i only play when i have the time.

But again, thanks for all your help =]. I'll try to post more videos after i get better.

Oh yeah, and this is recorded offline.
Fair enough. See you around.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If you're serious about getting better with Zelda PM me and we'll arrange a time to play. I can probably give you a more detailed rating that way. All I can say for now is that there is a lot of work to be done.
I could use some of that Zelda training if you wanna help a poor girl out..... =X

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Right so that's all sorted now! I can lock this thread =D

In future please please post videos in the thread we have here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206241

That thread is for critique also =D I'll allow videos to have their own thread if and only if you want to 'showcase' a high level Zelda and you'll constantly update it (much like what Lain on the IC boards has and various other players...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom