• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my wolf.........Seriously do it

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Wow, the boards apparently don't enjoy critiquing videos too much >_>

Yeah, the rolling thing lol. Also, bair doesn't combo reliably into fsmash until at least 3%, so don't be too surprised if your use it when they're at 0%. Learn to implement short hops into your game more, too. I only have time to watch the first match, but it got a LOT better towards the end. Just keep your head in the game, if you played like you did at the end for the whole match it wouldn't have been so close.

Against diddy, don't shine as much unless you're sure, it's really not as helpful as most think (personally). You might also want to learn DACIT, it should help a lot with banana counters.

:059:

ekw808

Smash Cadet
yea i kno, theres over 50 views nd only 1 response. Yea im pretty sure the bair fsmash works as long as its just not 0% and under roughly 33%? i shine alot because i think its a really underrated move for wolf. I mean i caught the diddy on the 2nd match with a pretty nice shine spike. yea i was havin trouble with the bananas a little bit, but diddy has a tough time killing, and i was jus DI'ing pretty well so i didnt think they were that big of a deal. thanks for the input

The Max is Back

Smash Cadet
Work on your reflector. Also there were many times were I saw you moved/ran when you really should of stayed in place and guarded your position. If you let them come to you you can easily prepare an usmash or dsmash in time to counter.
Dks attaks are slow so taking advantage of your dsmash as he moves towards you might of helped. When it comes to fast characters, use your lasers to slow them down. If they start avoiding them with relative eas, then hit them with an fsmash if they get close or simply fight back with bairs.......

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
@ The Max is Back:

Look at DK's Bair, Uair, Jab, Dtilt, Utilt and Ftilt and tell me that DK's moves are slow O_o. Why do so many people think that DK is slow only because of his weight?
And what is the relation between slow moves and a frequent use of Dsmash? Good DKs use slow moves very rarely, and his shield is still as quick as every other shield, so that's not a reason for using Dsmash more often.

But i agree with using shine often against DK, it's quite good against chars without disjointed hitboxes.

ekw808

Smash Cadet
yea i was stupid i shudda picked a better stage without that many platforms, i kno how to camp against a dk for the most part but the platforms messed with my wolf wall

=)@MePlz

Smash Apprentice
1st match: Work on your Shine and picking up naners. Also: Go to the Diddy boards for naner help. They will tell you all the ways to pick up naners.

2nd match: Sorry you had DK UpB spam you. However, it's easy to counter. SH over DK and FF Bair. Or blaster spam him back. In general, try more scarring. There was a nice semi-scar though. Your opponent relied on SA frames. Try dodging and SH'ing more.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
if u like usin ur shine then use it into things.about 40% of the time a sh shine can lead to dsmash.at to high of percents they go to far back tho or shine into fsmash.does any other wolf b reversal lasers a bunch or just me?i never see wolfs do it.although if u fail at b reversal sd may happen.

JCav

Smash Lord
if u like usin ur shine then use it into things.about 40% of the time a sh shine can lead to dsmash.at to high of percents they go to far back tho or shine into fsmash.does any other wolf b reversal lasers a bunch or just me?i never see wolfs do it.although if u fail at b reversal sd may happen.
i like b reversal a lot but i do SD all the time as well...

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Honestly I didn't like your wolf very much;
You didn't space very will which is one of the key things wolf has going for him in fair and espeacially bair; two moves that are fast and pretty much impossible to punish.
You shot lazer about ten times total each match and at long medium distances chose a dacus as an approach. It paid off a small hand full of times but those times were very rare in comparison to the amount of times you did it. That and my friends and I were able to yell "DACUS!~" everytime you did it.
You over B on to the stage when there are way better options, even if you were to successfully cancel the illusion.
Your edge hop lazer to up B isn't the best idea. it would be very easy to edge hog for faster characters like diddy and even DK if they respond to it correctly to the initial lazer.
You should try and pick a few kill moves to save. My big ones are fair and dsmash dsmash got a majority of your kills, but if you hit with it as often as you used it it'd be very weak, so keep that in mind.

I did like your overall stuff though. You definitely know the fundamentals of wolf they come very natural to you sh fair, dacus, etc. You have pretty good DI but should look into momentum canceling as well to help you take full advantage of wolfs weight.
With wolf try to use a move only if you know it will force a reaction from your opponent that can't lead to punishment, try not to attack based on prediction because the majority of wolf's move has pretty big lag espeacially his smash attacks. (LIKE UP SMASH!! SO EASY TO PUNISH ON REACTION ROLL OR BLOCK) An incorrect guess will lead to big damage or even deaths. Just take your time no need to really rush with wolf.

Um... B Reverse
I don't see a huge purpose in Breversing wolf lazers since you have full control over his movement anyway in air anyway. I shot hop normal reverse my lazers so I continue moving away to keep distance and position my self where ever.

Top Bottom