• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my team

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
Any help would be great.
( all poke's level 100).

Blissey
-Ice beam
-Thunder
-water pulse
-softboiled

Charizard
-Hidden Power ( flying)
-earthquake
-fire blast
-belly drum

Slowbro
-Surf
-Ice beam
-calm mind
-flame thrower

Muk
-Sludge bomb
-brick break
-curse
-rest

heracross
-brick break
-rock lside
-megahorn
-focus punch

Magneton
-thunderbolt
-hidden power ( fire)
protect
thunder wave

Help much apreciated!

Knickknacks

Smash Journeyman
Blissey
-Ice beam
-CALM MIND
-TOXIC/THUNDERWAVE
-softboiled
lol i loved this. a match between a suicune vs my blissey. we kept doing calm mind until i spammed with ice beam and froze the suicune. i lol'd and then switchd to dragonite and FPd it to death :D

heracross
-brick break
-rock lside
-megahorn
-SUBSTITUTE

Magneton
-thunderbolt
-hidden power ( fire)
-METAL SOUND
-thunder wave

CHarizard is probably ok but im not sure about the rest.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Nature, EV´s? cant see any of that, so check serebii.net gamemechanics and effort values for a good clue what training a pokémon is about, about the movesets you should switch thunder and water pulse (ok you might be able to use water pulse, it´s kinda rare and confusing a opponent can be good.

Blissey
@Leftovers
Thunderbolt/flamethrower which thunderbolt is preferable since boltbeam is only resisted by a few thing as lanturn..
Ice beam
Calm mind/Softboiled
Counter (real threat to any physical attacker)

Charizard might work but needs prediction/luck

Not sure about slowbro but it seems fine to me but i think it not learns FT

Muk is owned by psycic but since a strange reason nobody uses it

Heracross has lot of opinions and your moveset might work even though i prefer:

Heracross
@Salac berry
Swords dance
Endure
Reversal
Megahorn

Magneton might also work fine^^

Tijaro

Smash Cadet
Team ideas

Your team is pretty solid to begin with.
The only problems I can see with the information provided are that of Blissey and Heracross.

Let's start with Blissey:

I can see that your have based its moveset entirely on its Special Attack
Blissey's Special Attack Stat is much better than its Attack stat, but not by too much. I would agree with Smasher89 and Knicknacks in throwing in a Calm Mind to further boost Special Attack and Special Defense. However, if you start calm-minding like crazy, then you'll just provoke your opponent to switch out for a Physical Aggressor with Higher Special Defense (Like Snorlax, god forbid...). So my recommendations for you are the following:

w/ Leftovers
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Toxic / Counter
- Thunderbolt

Counter is there to help defend against those pesky physical attackers. But if you are up against one, it is better to switch out IF you can. We all know Blissey can't take more than a hit or so from opponents with a decent Attack Stat.
I always viewed Blissey as more of a staller than anything else. So if you prefer defense over offense, I strongly recommend having Toxic in there instead of Counter.
The Bolt-Beam combo pretty much speaks for itself in terms of coverage.

Alright, let's move on to Heracross...
Now here's a Pokemon with lots of potential. Not exactly one of my faves, but I've seen entire teams decimated by a strong Heracross coming up.

Let's get the obvious out of the way: plain and simple - Heracross is an offensive fighter. There's no getting around that. The only question is which moves to teach it so it can be in good synchronization with the rest of your team?

Earthquake would have been a good move, but your Charizard already has it, so there's no point in another (and besides, we all know how rare TM 26 Earthquake is).

So here's what I would have for Heracross:

w/ Salac Berry
- Endure
- Reversal
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide

That moveset covers all the bases and throws in a good combo. I believe you had it right with Rock Slide to cover the direct Flying-type weakness. Megahorn covers Phychics.

I hope this helps.
Good luck with your team!

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I'm gonna assume this is for link battles? It'd be nice if you included EVs/Natures/Traits (for some)/Items.

CM>water pulse on blissey (tbh I would just rebreed for a heal bell/aromatherapy variant that uses seismic toss, though if it's already at lv100 I'm not sure how you feel about that)

Rest>flame on slowbro

Now, I'm not sure what you've got for items, so I'll just post what I would use.

@cb on hera

@salac on charizard

@lefties on everything not named hera or charizard

Not much else to say, really.

And knickknacks, would you mind explaining to the rest of us what purpose substitute serves on that heracross set of yours? Without swords dance, reversal, or EVEN focus punch, I think that may be one of the biggest wastes of a sub tutor I think I've ever seen. Also, cm bliss isn't even that effective anyway, and you're going to deprive it of its boltbeam? Gj.

And then you two suggesting counter on blissey... we don't even know what nature or EVs it has. Blissey won't survive a lot of the more powerful physical moves unless it has (almost) max Def. Also, placing counter without a healing move, or suggesting to put cm and softboiled in the same slot as if they were interchangable... are you two ********?

And Tijaro, reversal hera needs sd. It misses a lot more kills than you might think without it. What it doesn't need is rock slide. A max power Reversal does more damage on a NVE hit than rock slide does on a SE hit.

Reversal: 240 (base power) x 1/2 (nve) x 3/2 (stab) = 180
Rock slide: 75 (base power) x2 (se) = 150

It seriously drives me crazy when multiple people each post equally idiotic statements about a team, especially one with actually decent sets. Either learn to rate or don't post.

Tijaro

Smash Cadet
Happy to help :)

Glad it helped.
And for the record, Toxic would probably be slightly more preferred over Counter, just because Blissey just can't stand up to physical attacks - even with EVs on Defense.

And Leafgreen386,
you should learn to attack the issue at hand, not the credibility of people putting forth their honest opinion. Continue to disrespect your fellow compatriots here on SmashBoards and you'll end up losing credibility yourself. So grow up...

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Glad it helped.
And for the record, Toxic would probably be slightly more preferred over Counter, just because Blissey just can't stand up to physical attacks - even with EVs on Defense.

And Leafgreen386,
you should learn to attack the issue at hand, not the credibility of people putting forth their honest opinion. Continue to disrespect your fellow compatriots here on SmashBoards and you'll end up losing credibility yourself. So grow up...
No, Softboiled would be preferred over Counter. If you really want Counter on there, take out Water Pulse, but I wouldn't suggest it (Counter I mean. You should take out Pulse either way. And Thunderbolt usually > Thunder unless you're using it with Serene Grace or in ubers). After the initial surprise, using Counter comes down to prediction, and if they can set up on you, they will (Hi, Snorlax). Blissey is a wall. They aren't made to die. Without any form of recovery, the extra type coverage won't get you anywhere if you're dead. Leftovers aren't enough, especially if Sandstream comes in. And I never liked CMBliss in the first place. If you don't use CM, however, include Seismic Toss or Raikou and Espeon/Celebi walk right over you.

Right now, I'm tinkering with the EVs on this:
Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure/Serene Grace
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Def / 176 SAtk / 16 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Ice Beam
- Softboiled

You shouldn't really be staying in against the things Ice Beam specifically kills, but if worst comes to worst, that much SpAtk gives you a OHKO on Salamence unless you happen to roll almost bare minimum and a guaranteed OHKO on Flygon. You won't be killing Draggy without sand though. You'll live through anything they can throw at you (except Focus Punch from Draggy) with enough HP to switch in on most special attacks to heal as well. Replace Aroma with Toxic or Twave if it's not available to you. You should change those EVs though; I just came up with those for a general idea. Some speed might help with some things designed to barely beat min speed Blissey. If you want Ice Beam specifically to only break Gengar's subs, just screw the SpAtk altogether.

The rest are fine. I was going to suggest Slack Off on Slowbro until I realized it doesn't get it until DP. Lol. Leading with Bliss is kinda odd too. Might want to fix that.

Thorns

Smash Cadet
Any help would be great.
( all poke's level 100).

Blissey
-Ice beam
-Seismic Toss
-Thunder Wave
-softboiled

I believe you get SToss from Move Tutor.

Charizard
-Hidden Power ( flying)
-earthquake
-fire blast
-belly drum

Fine, maybe Overheat over Fire Blast

Slowbro
-Surf
-Ice beam
-calm mind
-flame thrower/Substitute

Maybe Sub over FT.

Muk
-Sludge bomb
-Explosion
-curse
-rest

It gets Explosion. PWN.

heracross
-Substitute
-rock lside
-megahorn
-focus punch

Two fighting moves is no good. Subpunching just because.

Magneton
-thunderbolt
-hidden power ( fire)
protect
thunder wave

Uhuh.

Help much apreciated!
A solid team, but Dugtrio comes in and ruins the fun if Slowbro is dead.

Tijaro

Smash Cadet

outofdashdwz,
Your proposed moveset makes sense. Personally, I would never use a Blissey, but in the right hands with the right moveset it would be effective. But the fact of the matter is that Blissey is not really much of an offensive fighter; really just a Special Wall. Counter would typically be scrapped for Softboiled I suppose, my mistake... But I agree with you that Leading with Blissey is probably a mistake. Too much opportunity for you opponent to switch out for someone with an advantage against Blissey. Throwing Blissey in at the end is a good strategy, where it can just wear down your already weakened opponent.
Personally, I would indeed replace Aromatherapy with Toxic, just because it might be more effective in stalling matches.
The only reason I threw in Bolt-Beam is because it appears as though his Blissey was basing its strategy on a Special-Attack Offensive. One or the other could be replaced by something more effective, like Seismic Toss.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
A solid team, but Dugtrio comes in and ruins the fun if Slowbro is dead.
Substitute on Slowbro doesn't really help as much as a recovery move would, as it's probably made to come in on Tyranitar/Metagross/Salamence, and even a defensive Slowbro wouldn't like taking too many physical hits.

Exploding Muk should have the b00m over Rest IMO, since without another attacking type, Skarm/Steelix/Forry/Any steel type says lol.

Focus Punch and Brick Break serve different purposes, and if he has a CB, it's fine. If I remember correctly, a CBCross with Guts activated OHKOs Skarm with Focus Punch. Without CB though, I would agree Sub over BB.

Dugtrio does have a field day with this though, so careful with your Slowbro's HP. Boah can cause some major problems too if Heracross is gone. But I forgot to mention in the last post, it's a pretty nice team :)

Top Bottom