• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Sonic #3

darkNES386

Smash Lord
I don't know if you can grab too much as Sonic.... but you definitely should replace some of those dash attacks with grabs. Has your opponent in this video played many Sonic mains? I'm not one to judge Snake users, but he didn't seem to understand how to space better against your Sonic. I believe you had a cypher grab in the second match on the right side. I don't pass those up against... and especially wouldn't if money/tournament life is on the line. The final stock for each of you on the last match was your finest moment =) . You started tilting and grabbing more. I'm really impressed though since I last saw you play =)

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
You know you're way around Sonic. You got lucky a little bit in that he didn't punish you everytime you missed a dair. But other than that you know what your doing and its just a matter of mastering it.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
Good job dude. I enjoyed the matches. Maybe you could use ASC once or twice to add a bit more of damage quickly. I think you can add some tilt and grab game (not too recommended against Snake...) and some Spin dash to be more unpredictable (Spin Dash was the last thing I added to my game, I only used it to recover but now to combo at high %s).
Dair usage isn't bad, but if you fall laggy try to jab, spring up or roll to don't get punished.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Good job dude. I enjoyed the matches. Maybe you could use ASC once or twice to add a bit more of damage quickly. I think you can add some tilt and grab game (not too recommended against Snake...) and some Spin dash to be more unpredictable (Spin Dash was the last thing I added to my game, I only used it to recover but now to combo at high %s).
Dair usage isn't bad, but if you fall laggy try to jab, spring up or roll to don't get punished.
Rolling can sometimes get you punished against characters with faster smashes like Mr Game and Watch but for Snake it should be fine. I usually shield for Mr Game and Watch because that match is fast!
:)

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
Id say the biggest advantage in this match was that the snake wasnt that good :/...

and lol boxob got banned again XD

miCKi

Smash Apprentice
Nice matches but theres something I've been sayin alot lately I'm still workin at it my self but alotta Sonic players seem to "roll into ****". Avoid that damage, against a good opponet Sonics speed change becomes really predictable. Try mindgames alittle more. To keep ur opponet guessing. Remove all laggy dair from ur system only use it to stop upwards knockback. Learn on all stages the height it auto-cancels at it will help alot. Also against a Snake try to keep track of his "junk". Like a couple of times in the frist match like 1 in the second, I could tell u had no clue where his c4 was cuz u rolled away and u were like outta range of it before u rolled. Missed a good chance to punish him. Ehh,... but mostly just dont roll into **** that utilt hurt..., ._. But other than those things greenstreet, darknes 368, Anthinus, and I said I believe ur good. Nice job beatin a Snake. Hope u keep improving. Just rememeber Dont Roll Into ****! :D

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Your overuse of dair was a bit more noticeable in the second match.

And it looked like you were second guessing your edge-game. As in, you thought you had a general idea of what to do but you weren't really sure so you tested some different things out.

Stick with going after him aggressively as soon as you can and if he tries to get away from above you use a homing attack.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I watched the match vs wolf and it made me sad :(

EDIT: But I feel I should mention that kill on Bowser was one of the greatest things I've ever seen in my life :O
Mind gamez!?

SonicLucario

Smash Journeyman
I watched the match vs wolf and it made me sad :(

EDIT: But I feel I should mention that kill on Bowser was one of the greatest things I've ever seen in my life :O
Mind gamez!?
Yeah :(

It was a friendly vs probably the best player there :/

I loved that kill lulz:laugh:
Gotten better... I think.
That was on the same day as the Snake one

linkvalen

Smash Rookie
well you are pretty good but my friend who mains Sonic fights against me a lot (I main Link) every time I fight him he uses his speed to punish any sort of mistake I do with a dash or a grab. im no sonic fanatic but i suggest using grabs to send people off the stage so that you could spike him or edgeguard.

miCKi

Smash Apprentice
lol craps a funny word lol u still can make me laugh toes sigh atleast that hasnt changed...lol

aeghrur

Smash Champion
well you are pretty good but my friend who mains Sonic fights against me a lot (I main Link) every time I fight him he uses his speed to punish any sort of mistake I do with a dash or a grab. im no sonic fanatic but i suggest using grabs to send people off the stage so that you could spike him or edgeguard.
Sigh, it's too bad sonic can't spike. =( Anyways, I think you should add some ASC into the game, maybe a little more tilts, but I can't really tell because I'm bad a sonic, lol. =P

Top Bottom