• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Pokemon please

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
Well in the pursuit to build a decent team, here is what i have so far.

Update: 6-5-07
Ok this is what I'm thinking now

Machamp- Choice scarf - No Guard
Jolly Nature
Evs 252atk 252spd 6def

Dynamic Punch
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Bullet Punch

covers lots types
Bullet punch would let me get the first hit.
Dropped Stone edge. The only thing that a Stone edge adds is adds is the super-effective on bug and the high critical hit.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I hope you don't want other people to fill in the remaining 5 spots lol

Anyway, I don't like machamp as a LO user, much. It's a bit too slow to make effective use of it, and will often end up killing itself. Not only that but it will rarely be able to stay in for very long, before getting forced to switch out. I think you see where I'm going with this. Champ needs to use either choice band or the scarf to be used effectively.

Mach Punch might be nice in some situations, but usually when you come in, you'll be trying to force a switch, and punish the switchin. If I was going to put another fighting move on this, it would be focus punch, which can put a much larger dent in stuff on the switch than dynamic punch can. In fact, I would use FP in this slot.

For your final move, you can use ice punch. Fighting/Rock/Ice has very few resists, and any time you wouldn't want to use either fighting or rock, ice will be super effective. I think the only pokemon that you can't hit for neutral damage with either rock or fighting, and you can't hit super effective with ice, is gallade, which has low def anyway and won't like switching into you.

Jolly would be a good nature for a CBer, as it allows you to outspeed ttar if you have a 22+ spd IV. Adamant would be best for a CSer, since you'll have plenty of speed after the boost, but you'll need an atk boost. 252 atk/252 spd would do fine for either.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Well in the pursuit to build a decent team, here is what i have so far.

Machamp w/No Guard - Life orb
atk:252 HP: 252:
Adamant nature

Dynamic punch
I could of used a stronger fighting attack, but i can't say no to a guaranteed Dynamic punch, since it confuses pokemon 100% of the time.

Stone Edge

Mach punch.
Since he's a bit slow.

??? for the last attack.
I'm thinking Bulk up/Protect
Rockslide for flying or Earthquake for those low D Psychics.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Definately put Ice punch on there. If someone trys to switch in a flying pokemon with aerial ace they'll get hit with a super effective ice attack. Not every pokemon with aerial ace is flying but wtih Gliscor and Salamence I think the chances are pretty good. Even if it doesn't OHKO them they'll still get hurt and you can switch yourself.

If you are using two fighting moves focus punch and dynamic punch are okay. If you are only going to use one Dynamic punch would be better. The gauranteed confusion would allow you to switch with a chance of the opponet smacking themselves in the face. If you can't switch the confusion will help you more than focus punch would.

H@wK

Smash Ace
San Juan P.R. PKMN D/P FC - 4940 2077 9502
I believe a CBIce Punch 0HKO Mence and Gliscor, Dynamic Punch is a must (I agree with Chill), and Mach Punch may help against Reversalers perhaps?

Edit: Machamp doesn't learn Mach Punch, he learns Bullet Punch by Egg Move

D

Deleted member

use earthquake as a move, though i'd rather avoid this pogey alltogether

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Why would you use rock slide on this? You people are stuck back in adv imo. They're a new, much more powerful rock attack now - stone edge. Sure, it's only got 80% accuracy (verses rock slide's 90), but it has 100 vs 75 power, and has a high crit rate (25% vs the normal 6.25% chance, and what is machamp going to flinch with such low speed, anyway?). Once you factor in machamp's new ability - no guard, which makes all attacks it makes and are made against it 100% accurate, suddenly there doesn't seem to be any reason at all to use rock slide over stone edge, except maybe for the PP, but machamp probably won't live long enough to use all the PP anyway.

If you did want to use earthquake on this, you'd want to use it over where I suggested focus punch. It does add a little extra type coverage (poison types which are rarely used, except for weezing and gar which aren't hit anyway, and electric types which get wailed on by the rest of your attacks, so they wouldn't switch in anyway, nor would you be switching in on them), but being able to slam <anything> that isn't a ghost on the switch with a focus punch is just devastating.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Ahem...

Machamp Lv? @Life Orb/ Muscle Band
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
Evs: 252attk/ 252spd/ 4 def
Ability: No Guard

EQ
Ice Punch/Stone Edge/ Rock Slide
Dynamic Punch
Poison Jab/Payback/Swords Dance

There!

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
Ok this is what I'm thinking now

Machamp- Expert Belt - No Guard
Jolly Nature
Evs 252atk 252spd 6def

Dynamic Punch
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Bullet Punch

This covers lots types and lets me get that first hit in some situations.

Top Bottom