• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Pit (Please?)

Unexplanetory

Smash Cadet
Here is just one video of a match with a decent Snake player I played today. Try and tolerate the black line lol (Getting a dazzle tomorrow to make better footage) Anyway it was my first time ever fighting Snake (competent snake) soooo i fell for some noobish stuff (other fights later with him I did not...) Anyway heres the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs0AIEy7fCU

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
I will be honest. You're fighting a very weak Snake. But for the first time you've done well, it takes some time to understand his attacks. Remember three deadly attacks from Snake: His Neutral A Combo (which I think you've recognized too), his Forward Dash Attack (huge range and extremly dangerous) and his edge-guarding with missles (you're doing well in this fight but sometimes it can really be tricky). Best way to kill a recovering snake is with bair. I would recommend you to train a lot with bair, it's a very fast and deadly attack.

You're doing well with your pit, but I think you can still improve a lot more. Use your Mirror Shield and Angel Ring more, both specials are really handy for stacking up/recovering damage.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If there was lag on that online battle, well I dont need to explain much.
Your Pit is average for i can see it. However, just like Fujiwara said, practice with Bair for it's Pit's best Killing move, when you get the sweetspot that is. And that wasnt a good snake if you ask me.
Mix up the moves a bit more, and you should be able to improve. You'll have to ask someone else about strats on how to become better because I'm at my "Boot Camp" with my own Pit.

Tristan Fattest of All Kids

Smash Journeyman
In reality, it takes any decent player a couple of days to have that level of skill with Pit. It's not horrible, but it will never be anything special because it is a character with a relatively obvious strategy.

Unexplanetory

Smash Cadet
Thanks guys, I'll work on my aerials and edge guarding. There was lag in the fight, but there is always delay with online for me so Im somewhat used to it. Anyways appreciate the tips and I will try and work on it.

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
In reality, it takes any decent player a couple of days to have that level of skill with Pit. It's not horrible, but it will never be anything special because it is a character with a relatively obvious strategy.
Says who? You can be good with any character, it's just your own limit. If you really think he will nothing specials than it's your problem. But you'll for sure tell now the special and unique ones, right? Let me hear them.

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice
You are good at timing your attacks and aiming at least but honestly you need to utilize more then what I've seen.

FAir
DAir
FSmash
FTilt
Arrows
Glide Attack

those were the only attacks I saw you use the entire match. They work on average players but there is so much more you can do

AAA combo works well for creating good distance with a quick damaging attack and does not leave you as opened as FSmash.

Dtilt could work great for you in many situations, comes out quick and has little lag

NAir could have worked much better where your FAir was dodged on so many situations and is also perfect for racking up damage points.

UTilt shouldn't need explanations and neither does USmash

BAir, though should NOT be used as your prime air move, is Pit's best killing move easily. Throwing it out at the right times is easily a guaranteed stock.

Use your AALoop combo to rack up a few extra hits when pressure is being pushed. Drop the attack the very moment you think your opponent is going to DI out and Ftilt/Dash attack them depending on the distance.

Your game plan was good but you don't use many utilities Pit has in my opinion.

kupo15

Smash Hero
It's not bad but one thing I noticed was you were standing around a lot doing nothing. That is not how to play Pit. If your opponent is also standing around, you should use your arrows. You should always be moving and always attacking and dodging. I was playing my friend who was Falcon the other day and he likes to be up in your face with lots of attacks and very fast play(as do I). If I were to just stand around, I would be dead.
But you seem to have a good start. Your arrow accuracy seems very good especially at that one spot where you hit him 5 times. I love doing that.

Also, you are very predictable with your recoveries, always gliding back. What you should also do is arrow, jump, arrow, jump, arrow. You rack up damage and defend yourself at the same time. Gliding is not bad though, just not all the time.

sakujo

Smash Rookie
edge gaurd! some people dont find pit to be a good edge guarder but i do. use your side-b more on the stage and while edge gaurding off the side. also dont glide back all the time good players will get around that and punish you ever time! good arrows though nice shooting. you should spam them more people say its cheap but eh. they are pits moves and are there for use!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
You're joking right? Pit is easily the most versatile character in the game.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
its okay with a little tweak in strategy it would be very good. keep striving and keep up with all the new techs choice the best and you can be unbeatable

Esca

Smash Champion
hey man, private message me, and ill give you a few pointers, i've won about 4 brawl tournaments with my Pit, and i have some vid's if you'd like to see. pm me for more details

Top Bottom