• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Marth

The Marth

Smash Apprentice
Ok so here are some vids of me playing marth.
I know that i suck compared to (most of) you guys, but im just looking for some constructive critisism.

Vs. Lvl 9's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OGyAygzXoY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2EMI6sXA7I

Vs. S.C.U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7ZLK6qf_Q0

Sorry for the Terrible Quality >_< Try the Youtube player, it seems to give a better picture.
Also, my friend isn't playing his best, but give him some comments too plz!

Thank you, and Enjoy!
-PlatniumPiano

AdmiralComrade

Smash Journeyman
its ok =o i see that ur not a Fair spammer =3 lol haha tho i myself like Fair.

umm.. i never really find charging up Fsmash is a good idea.. or is nessesary but thats ur call

pretty good anyways.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I think you (both of you actually) need to learn to space yourself. You seemed to be blindly running in every time and usually got yourself hit. Also - you both used the up b for offense way too much. It's a great move when used at the right time and is hit on the sweet spot, but most of the time you were leaving yourself wide open for a hit once you landed.

The Marth

Smash Apprentice
Ok, thanks
and i usually spam fairs XD
I've gotten better at spacing, but thank you =)

3xSwords

Smash Lord
f-smash so much f-smashing.
So much spamming in general. Take that down a notch, like your friend, what, did like 4 d-smashes in a row to get the kill. I'm surprised you didn't counter him

Just play smart. In the vids you were really limiting yourself. Try using all of his moves and you will see how versatile marth can be.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Neither of you guys in the video were pressuring the other. You walked around a lot looking for a grab. Grabbing game w/Marth = not good. Shieldgrabbing is ok though. Dancing blade waaaaaay more especially when your opponent likes to dodge. Also, practice good spacing. Edgeguard more. Practice this by going to cruel brawl and trying to kill as many enemies as you can from the ledge (btw this is the safest, only, way to play on this mode). This forces you to practice good recovery (sweet spotting the ledge with up+b), spiking, and attacking from the ledge.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
more dancing blade less fsmash

not necessarily more but BETTER fairs... spacing wise.

all in all it wasnt too bad.
In the beginning both of you guys rolled back and forth like5 times trying to get a grab, when you see someone patterning like that you just got to punish him, YOU GOTS TO MAN!

The Marth

Smash Apprentice
Any1 else? or will i have to work with that XD

thanks for the advice every1

DireklianCliff

Smash Cadet
If you want a wall of text similar to what I just wrote for the other Rate My Marth thread (I think we should make an acronym for that - RMM), then I will happily critique you. If not, I'll let the others take over ^^ BTW, fighting against lvl 9 computers is a good way to prep yourself for competitive play, but I don't think it is a valid way of evaluating your skills. Player vs player matches are much better for critiquing purposes.

Shade Strike

Smash Rookie
I have to say that your moves are well played in the video and like you said that wasn't your best but still those are good moves you have shown. You can improve on your attck style but that about it for me to say.

Top Bottom