• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Link Please 1 to 10

Link226

Smash Ace
Me and Jash had a few battles but they are very recent ones of us. We decided to play a new style...a proish type style just to see if it makes us better. so yes here are the videos of the new crew "Team Epic" Enjoy.

Jash (Young Link) vs 4eyez (Link) Corneria http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiIdJgMqu04

Jash (Young Link) vs 4eyez (Link) Battlefield http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m11X2xzpGpw

Jash (Young Link) vs 4eyez (Link) Dreamland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoSIvap7Uxk

Jash (Young Link) vs 4eyez (Link) Corneria http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZEmFWNmSvM

Jash (Young Link) vs 4eyez (Link) FOD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMC3xloTuoI

Jash (Young Link) vs 4eyez (Link) FOD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbiZ1Kf-wo0

Jash (Young Link) vs 4eyez (Link) FD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U0TjNG9u-A

Jash (Young Link) vs 4eyez (Link) YS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyOeHTq6qU0

Jash (Young Link) vs 4eyez (Link) Dreamland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8GCW2IErwI

Jash (Young Link) vs 4eyez (Link) FD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yp34HcXmnw

Jash (Young Link) vs 4eyez (Link) Dreamland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urHd6SX9_bY

I hope you guys enjoy the videos. Most of our matches here are very close so its barely one sided all the time.

NEW VIDS

Alright everyone i have some new vids, well they are not technically new because these vids are like from the begging of March. Its just some with me and Jash and the other crew members Game and K.D!!

But the thing is Game doesnt main Peach anymore he mains Samus, and for a good reason too. He will be having some vids of his Samus soon. But like i said these vids are from the begging of March and i dont want ya to think this is how they play, because seriously Game and K.D, especially K.D, has been taking some Smash steroids because they are way better now. K.D is always beating me now and crap :mad:

But anyway leave some advice for all of us and thanks in advance. Jash has been ODing recently too, I have started to spam more which seems to work alot from watching Jash, we are almost done with our new tape, so soon we will have way more vids.

4eyez (Link) Vs. K.D (Doc)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fSi_ekYD8AI

4eyez (Link) Vs. K.D (Doc) 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=prSkKrgeIfw

4eyez (Link) Vs. Game (Peach)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6zlM7cZgZNw

4eyez (Link) Vs. Game (Peach) 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=forrAPcTXwU

4eyez (Link) Vs. Jash (YLink) 1 2 and 3
http://youtube.com/watch?v=82OXVlx-0cM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YSMe6ON8-g8

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AyDwWdnsD3E&mode=related&search=

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
That Link is a bum. quit!........>___> Lol

just kidding. I would give him a 7.5. You know how to move and use him well. Lil more practice and you should be a beast with him. And increase your mindgame level. with that you should be just fine

Yttuty

Smash Apprentice
I would give u a 7
Ur good but its kinda boring to see link vs y link >_<

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
your good man. i give you mad props on how you handled the peach. the only thing i guess you should work on is moving alittle smoother because, i noticed you stalling and sheilding alittle bit when peach put u under pressure. thats all

oh, my bad. i give you an 8 man

Link226

Smash Ace
your good man. i give you mad props on how you handled the peach. the only thing i guess you should work on is moving alittle smoother because, i noticed you stalling and sheilding alittle bit when peach put u under pressure. thats all

Thx alot dude...i saw some of your vids too....your Fox is pretty nice....yea i sometimes get under pressure and i start to block alot. I need to work on that a lil more...can i get a rating?

Best101

Smash Ace
can ya stick to the topic? Its kinda annoying when people change the subject. O and like he said....its from Final Fantasy 4... Can i get a rating?
Are you sure it's from FF4? I remember that from Super Mario RPG Culex battle.

Anyway I'll give you a 8 out of 10. Very nice match in the first vid

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
wow, i would rate the link about a 8 man its real good. mindgames and spacing just need 2 improve a incling more! like if u get those 2 up ur link will be the ****!. ur link spaces out pretty well and its really good but sometimes u just got grabbed because of ur spacing on the back airs and stuff against the peach. become the next germ and have falco as a 2ndary lol!

overall great vids man

Link226

Smash Ace
Thx for the compliments guys...i know i need to work on my mindgames but i dont know how to train on that :psycho: Can anybody tell me some mindgames i can use against my opponents?

But Spacing has always been something i always try to do...but sometimes it just doesnt come out good for me. I wanna play Germ...Its crazy cuz Falco is sort of my 2ndary main lol.

C 3

Smash Ace
I saw a lot of good things, and here's some stuff I noticed that could make you even better:

1.) You depend on your items a bit too much. You were up close and personal with the y.link, and you were still throwing them constantly. You have a massive sword, use it! lol

2.) Fast fall after you attack, especially when you miss. Best way to get your offence/defence stable.

3.) Mind games in general need some work. Watch some Aniki videos, great example of a beastly Link.

Overall, I would give you a 6.5 - 7. Don't take it too personally, I play against a lot of good links, and i'm a tough critic ;)

Keep up the good work!!!

Link226

Smash Ace
Thx alot C 3...actually i do watch alot of Anikis video and i think hes the best Link ever hands down. So i try to mimick the way he plays alot, since u play alot of Links can u help me out with mindgames? Cuz im not sure how i can improve on that :psycho: lol

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Well i was there in person watching and i fought u myself even thought it was gay and didnt record. anyway i give u a 9 cause i respect ur link. Also ur gangsta for pulling out a bomb in peachs face without her doin anything. And to answer the other guy, Yes its Culex from Super Mario RPG. I picked the song myself. I usually pick the songs for our vids. Also 4eyez, message me cause Dark pch doesnt have internet. I'll help ur link out in person being a former link player, hence the name NinjaLink, duh.

kage921

Smash Journeyman
you have a very solid link man, keep it up. I would give you an 8. I did see one thing wrong. You need to abuse that boomerang and cut their path of escape. Well me being a link user and my way of playing is aggressive so i use it alot to trap them in the way i want them to go. I have a vid of my link if you would like to see, its an old vid though sorry.

Radnortuws

Smash Journeyman
6.5/10, with one being new tourney player and 10 being total mastery of the character.

You don't play very safe, and I have a feeling that you get destroyed by quick characters because you just can't handle the punishment. Link is a fine character, I play him too, but a lot of playing him is about minimizing the time you spend open to attack. Im not gonna lie, I think you played better that that Peach hands down, and the Y. Link fight looked pretty even, but you could have won either one.

For the Y. Link vid, you lost because you got hit too much. Sounds dumb, but think about it. Y. Link has Link beat in sheer speed, but Link has plenty more knockback on most moves. Against Y. Link, your job is to try to trade blows as much as possible, if you can keep damage at least equal you should win. Sadly, you got caught up in his combos too much and he took it back. To prevent this, work on your DI and make sure you put yourself, if not out of reach, then at least where the combo has to end quicker because you're far away. Too many times he was just bairing you all over the place, where you can DI out out of it. Against Y. Link, feel free to crouch cancel a little at low percentages, take the hit and return with a downsmash, or at least a quick short-hop nair. It works wonders. If you can get the timing, u-tilt is another good defense against Y'Link's aerials.

Peach: There was no reason you should have lost that match. None. Technically you are far superior to that peach, and I hope you know that. You lost because you failed to kill, which leads to two important areas to improve: edge-guarding and and projectile combos/killing. Your edge guarding is getting you hurt most of the time more than them, and they keep getting back on the stage. Until you find a way to change that, when they're hanging on the ledge, just back off and let them get up. Do not think that up-B is a good edgeguar, because there are so many ways around it. It works in some situations, but in the others you seemed at a loss. Work on getting comfortable chasing people off the stage, it leads to a lot more opportunities. Just running off into a nair can end lives very quickly (your own if your no careful).

As far as projectiles, after 90-100% you need to try to follow thos projectiles for the kill, dair being the fan favorite. Peach just eats dairs in the face when shes rebounding from a bomb hit. Even on dreamland, its a fair kill move. Work on getting in more brutal hits from your projectiles, and you will win more. As a bonus matches will go faster.

Use uair more. Its a good move.

Come to think of it, same goes for downsmash.

As for mindgames, heres a simple one: dont attack. You are a very aggressive Link, and that can work, but every once in a while, just run up and stop before youy reach attack range, wait one second and then attack. Stupid, safe pauses like that can screw people up really bad.In fact it baits a dash attack a lot of times so you can just shield grab into a combo or something. Be creative, just dont do what your instinct tells you every once in a while, as long as its safe.

Kudos on recovery, you have it down. All in all you have the tech aspects of playing Link down, which is reason for applause. Play more tournaments and play different people, and make sure you practice incorporating those new techniques. Its too easy to just flow with Link and not bother thinking in a match, but think anyway. Its harder, but you play better for it. Hope this helps. Peace.

ancientevil11

Smash Apprentice
Radnortuws pretty much said what i was going to say. you have a solid Link, but you need to work out many things.

1. First, like stated before, you need to play ALOT safer than that. Being aggressive, with Link that is, isn't the best way to play with him. You need to be calm and play slower. This gives you the advantage of reacting to your opponent's mistakes.

2. Your spacing needs alot of work. Stop using your forward momentum when you excute the Fair. You risk getting shieldgrabbed....and you DO NOT want to ever get grabbed when you are Link. When you use the Fair, try to ALWAYS hit with the tip of your sword, that way you have enough spacing so that if it is blocked, you won't get grabbed. Another thing...there is no such thing as spamming too much with Link. That's the name of his game...spam spam spam. The projectiles serve as perfect mindagames and are excellent to help you space yourself. As long as your spacing is good, Link really does not have any problems with any of the characters...except the space animals...

3. I suggest you start light shielding more instead of using the regular shield. True it is weaker, but the impact of alot of attacks will send you backwards, giving you more room between you and the opponent.

4. Jab more. Small, well timed hits are what count, not the long 10+ hit combos. Jabs also help you space yourself. If they are within the range of your sword, you can do the illusion stabs to get them away...also good for spacing.

5. Don't get fancy on the edgeguarding. When you knock them off, just grab the ledge. If they are able to come back, that's when you can throw projectiles to anny them, and maybe set up for a KO. That's when the Dair and Uair come in.

6. Don't always use the spin attack to edgeguard. You can actually use the down smash or Ftilt.

7. Nair is your friend, but don't abuse it. It's better to be used as a "get off me" move than a move to run in and attack with.

8. Only grab when you know it WILL connect.

Good stuff. I like what i see from your Link. I'll be looking forward to see more of your videos.

"Be patient"

Link226

Smash Ace
I didnt think this thread would make it to the top again and after reading everyones past again....honestly i feel like i got way better mentally. I know i am way better than i was in those videos thanks to everyone giving me advice...hopefully around next week i will have more videos up so everybody look for more vids. Thanks again for all the advice

Lunytunes4.4

Smash Journeyman
well i was wacthing that vid to help my link out a bit lol but u are really good im gonna take c.3,s advice and wacth sum anki vids or wat ever his name his oh yea i almost forgot ill give ur link a 8.5 cuz its dumb good and we both from the bronx lol peace oh and srry no advice lol srry man

Jash

Smash Lord
Well 4eyez, being someone who has really played you and got owned some of the times by you, i can really say that your Link is really up there. I have played a Pro Link Zarelid in a tourney before and i must say that he has a great Link...but fighting you i know that your really getting there fast. Ill give you a 8.5 out of 10, remember theres really nothing wrong with your Link, just some small errors and you need a bit more mindgames. Keep it up man, your doing fine.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
For the record, the Super Mario RPG culex battle song and the FF4 boss battle song are exactly the same, believe it or not. I give your Link a 7

Jash

Smash Lord
Hello everyone, as you might know...me and 4eyez are in a crew called "Team Epic". Our other two crew members are K.D and Game *Doc and Peach* and we will have vids for them. 4eyez has recent vids up of his Link for you guys to rate, i did this for 4eyez because his computer is messed up at the moment so ill give you guys one video, but you can check the other nine if you want, but this is 4eyezs best vid so far. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m11X2xzpGpw

Cold_Trax

Smash Cadet
Wow not bad at all
However I've noticed that ur link uses the up-B as one of ur finishers. I'm not saying it's bad it's just that using it too much will get ur opponent a chance to counter it.
Ur chaining with link's projectiles are amazing though and u hav a strong offense but try to defend too.
Ur air attacks are strong and ur recovery is good. Ur balance on the paltform isn't as well organized.
Stay as much as u can in the center of the platform. And try using ur sheild a little more.
Overall a great link and I would give u an 8 for such a great performance.
Just watch out for blocks of ur up-B

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
I haven't gotten into the tourney scene but I know a few people, so basically on a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being you own everyone I know, I'll give you a 6, you know a lot of the good techs and your recovery is solid, but you tend to get owned later on in the match, where the real skill of a Link player is tested. As the match goes on, players who play like you do, including myself, tend to fall into habit and consequently get read much more easily. Like pretty much everyone else said, at some point you have to do the opposite of what instinct is telling you, and watch your opponent or a bit and make plays off of him, instead of being overly aggressive. Other than that you're impressive.

Link226

Smash Ace
Thanks a lot people...and yea im not so sure why but recently i have been doing the up-b a whole lot, its kinda getting me sick, because its like a reaction that i have to do. Im praying this habit is just for a short time...because this never happened to me before so im hoping it leaves soon.

Smash_Aholic

Smash Rookie
Um.. my rating on your link is a 6, your best strategy is getting up close and dodging there attack. I noticed you do that alot and its really something i wish i was better at. The reason i give you a 6 is because i don't think you would do go against someone fast such as fox falco and sheik. I think what you need to work on is mindtrick's like everyone else sais. to help you out with that you can do something like,
-run twards your opponent then wave dash away, they will usually do an attack giveing you time to land a good attack on them.
GoodLuck with your link. hope too see you improve from this. :)

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
Got some new vids people, give me and my friends some advice like always, thanks to everyone who will watch the vids, really appreciate it.
woa dude, your links gotten even better, and you dont seem to have that stalling problem anymore. good stuff man. you definetly went up a level, so i give you a 8.5 :)

Link226

Smash Ace
woa dude, your links gotten even better, and you dont seem to have that stalling problem anymore. good stuff man. you definetly went up a level, so i give you a 8.5 :)
Thanks alot man! But im even better than those videos now man, those videos are ancient! But i still do some of the mistakes shown in those videos. Any advice would be great, thanks again man.

Jash

Smash Lord
Dam...i kinda suk bad in these vids, But your doing your thing 4eyez and you keep getting better. Thats whats up. You can possibly be up there with those Pro Links if you keep up this advance training up. But what do i know im just a kid.

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
Thanks alot man! But im even better than those videos now man, those videos are ancient! But i still do some of the mistakes shown in those videos. Any advice would be great, thanks again man.
well, i would have to see you at your best to give some meaningful advise. you said you've gotten better. i wanna see those, because there might not be any advise to give. :) later man. keep up the good work.

Link226

Smash Ace
Dam...i kinda suk bad in these vids, But your doing your thing 4eyez and you keep getting better. Thats whats up. You can possibly be up there with those Pro Links if you keep up this advance training up. But what do i know im just a kid.
Hell yea if we keep training with Bum lol. And his freaking broken DK. Anyway why do you keep saying that? "But what do i know im just a kid."? I already saw that from you like 3 times, but yea anyway uppp!! Just looking for some help, thanks in advance

ww.havok

Smash Apprentice
Yo i suck in this vids im mad ***.....but trust i got alot better and the new vids should be soon ya should all see the differents....if you don't then you don't...but you should so you would.TEAM EPIC!!!

Link226

Smash Ace
Yo i suck in this vids im mad ***.....but trust i got alot better and the new vids should be soon ya should all see the differents....if you don't then you don't...but you should so you would.TEAM EPIC!!!
OMG!!! Yo Jash this ***** K.D just posted!! What the hell is this world coming too?!!! Now if Game comes out of no where and posts....armageddon will break loose. :laugh:

Top Bottom