• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Kirby - Lock

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
against Diddy Kong: pwnt. You should have gone for the Kirbycide, instead of Starshot, on his last stock, but I'm guessing you didn't because it was just a friendly.
Pummel when you grab.
I would have gone for Stone edgeguards a couple times. Great Kirby though.
I can't tell if that Diddy's good or not >_> I'm so used to getting my *** handed to me by them. You did well against Bananas though, thus why he stopped using them.

Against Marth, there was too much rolldodging at some points. If he was better (he didn't impress me very much) he would have punished that. And apparently he doesn't know to Dolphin Slash out of Fthrow->uair D:

Stone is normally not a great idea, but I saw some points where you could have used it, since it was obvious he wasn't afraid of being under you

Pummeling is good, but why did you grab release so many times? Accident?

Nice edgehog.

goooood Kirby. Come to Indiana @_@

lockdown7

Smash Cadet
I roll dodge against that marth because I know it works. I normally wouldnt against other marths but it all just depends on who I'm playing.

The grab releases are just gags me and that guy do against each other. Kind of an inside joke. I would like to implement stone more into my game but i just seem to rarely need a use for it except if I'm getting edgeguarded by DDD.

Thanks for the input asdioh.

Allied

Smash Master
pretty solid kirby overall just minor mistakes but nothing special that we all havent done

pummel while grabbing erry percent counts
and amazing vs that diddy but idk if he was good
that marth didnt strike me as good at all =/ but good job

lockdown7

Smash Cadet
I play diddy as one of my secondaries which is why I can control bananas pretty well. I'm aware that the Marth isnt the gretatest but these are all I have atm. I wanted some critiques, not telling me if my opponent was good or not lol.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Here we go.

First Match:

- Oh god. Music with vids puts me in my "watching combo vid" state, in which I don't critique. *resists instinct*

- Pummel when you grab.

- You can't use grounded hammer so much. Only use it when you know you're gonna hit with it, or you'll get punished badly. It's not bad to throw it out there occasionally, but it's risky, especially against fast chars w/swords.

- Why the uair at 1:32? He would've fallen to his doom...

- Rolling behind people is just begging to get hit (*cough*dancing blade*cough*).

- In the last :15ish of the match, I would've gone for an inhale edguard (i.e. jump out, eat them, fall a bit, spit them out, recover). It's extremely effective against people like marth.

Second Match:

- I would've gone with a dthrow on the marth, but it depends on how skilled they are. If they're good, they'll DI^+jump+airdodge, but then you can (carefully) follow him in the air. If they're not as good, they'll either dair, which means shieldgrab>dthrow again or maybe up-b out, which also gives you a free attack.

- Use more pummels when you grab. Heck, you might've been able to pummel, then fsmash when he broke free and inhale edguarded at :28ish. I'm not saying that'll always work, but a lot of the time they don't expect it.

- Pummeling at 0% isn't a great idea. This was probably just a mistake, but I still want to point it out.

- At 2:50 when he jumped offstage, I would've dropped down and be like "I eat you! What now *****!"

Third Match:

- At about 1:00, he fell offstage and you kept just jumping around...:confused:

- At 1:20, rolldodge>dsmash=FAIL. You didn't get punished that time, but you got lucky.

- Don't start every stock off with a throw combo. Mix it up with a utilt>bair, dtilt>fsmash, etc.

- At 2:35, I would only have spat him out if he was someone like Ike, but it was friendlies, so meh.

Overall, you're good. Extremely good. Something you should look into: I'm not saying to use bair less, but I started being able to tell when you would bair towards the end of the first match.

platiepoos

Smash Apprentice
You live in AZ? *intrigued*
I really liked the spacing of your bairs, they consistently hit with the very tip, which is essential when playing Marth. In fact you'd probably play a pretty beast Marth. *Slaps self for suggesting a Kirby main play Marth* 0_0 Some other things I thought were worthy of note was your use of dthrow>utilt variations and your fastfalled uairs. But yeah, I would definitely say too much rolling, but hey, its easy to criticize when you're not actually playing, since I would say you're certainly better than me. >_< Getting into the psychological stuff, I think you got a SMIDGEN predictable trying the same thing too many times, but it usually worked out for you anyway. If you watch, you'll see what I mean. I didn't get the point of your TWO whiffed grounded hammers. Aerial is generally better choice. Finally, I think you underestimated the priority of Marth's dair a couple times. (I can only think of one, but I don't really want to go watch the video again.)

What area do you live in AZ? I'd also sort of like to know your age, since I don't think my incredibly over-protective parents would like the idea of me going to a 40-year-olds house to play a videogame. :p

lockdown7

Smash Cadet
I live in Gilbert, which is in the PHX area and I'm 20 lol not 40. Thanks for the input A1lion. I had no idea where the grounded hammers came from...I never do them. They just so happened to be in the videos. I keep my gimping to a minimum when playing friendlies with people i play often with. It helps in not makin them completely give up.

Only reason I roll against his marth is because i know it works. If its another marth I would not do this because of dancing blade.

Top Bottom