• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Fox Plz!!!!

Me14k

Smash Lord
you are alright.

You grab, and miss your grabs way too much.

yes, you could hold your own in a tourny.

Please change your sig, you are good with fox, but i dont think you should be bragging...i mean m2king doesnt even brag that much.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm not sure how much of it was you being good and how much of it was the Falco just not being very good.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
i feel your fox is respectable, but that falco didn't put much pressure on you. i don't remember him getting you off the stage more than once. it's hard to say how you would do against a better falco.
by the way, what was up w/ that falco. he appeared to have no real strategy other than dairing as much as possible.

edit: tone down the shoutouts until you accomplish something noteworthy.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Yeah, definitely a pretty solid Fox. One thing I did notice is the staggering amount of full-jumped nairs. I'm not quite sure whether it was your inability to shffl them, or you just feel it's more effective full-jumped. Well, it's generally a lot less effective. It will take longer to hit your opponent and by that time the move will be a lot weaker. Plus it's a lot easier to see coming. Other than that and the amount of missed grabs, I noticed you've got your tech skills down and overall have a pretty good Fox.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
Yeah, definitely a pretty solid Fox. One thing I did notice is the staggering amount of full-jumped nairs. I'm not quite sure whether it was your inability to shffl them, or you just feel it's more effective full-jumped. Well, it's generally a lot less effective. It will take longer to hit your opponent and by that time the move will be a lot weaker. Plus it's a lot easier to see coming. Other than that and the amount of missed grabs, I noticed you've got your tech skills down and overall have a pretty good Fox.
errr. wrong, you dont know how to play falco.
plus if full hop nair sucks, why does m2k and koreandj 2 of the best foxes use it alot?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Full hopped nairs are great against falco...

God of shiek

Smash Apprentice
yeah that falco you was playing was really not putting alot of pressure on you, but in general you do have a good fox but need to shuffle a little bit more and make your grabs more accurate

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
errr. wrong, you dont know how to play falco.
plus if full hop nair sucks, why does m2k and koreandj 2 of the best foxes use it alot?
I can play against Falcos fine. That usually consists of uthrows, usmashes, and shine spikes. If you want to be a cool kid, you can chaingrab too. I never said full-hopped nair sucks, I just didn't know it was as effective as you guys say. Upon looking at some other Fox vs. Falco vids, Foxes do use it, and it seems pretty good.

Full hopped nairs are great against falco...
Nice, I guess I didn't know that. Good stuff then. I'm curious though, what are the advantages that it gives you? Edit: nvm, probably priority ownage

Edit: Alright, turns out doyoung2win is actually an idiot. Spamming full hop nairs is incredibly stupid as you can easily bait it and counter with uptilts.

Morons. KrazyKnux is always right.

Last edited:

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
You should just tim eyour grabs better, I'm surprised that you didn't get punished for all those missed grabs. Did you JC your grabs? I couldn't tell. You usually used them while stationary...and also, there was a few times you could've gotten shield-grabbed and you didn't...so watch out for that one, too. Otherwise, you do pretty fine. Not half bad.

fox_reflect

Smash Cadet
thx guys......can someone else just tell me if im tourney material or not??? cause im entering one soon in michigan.....thx

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Did you JC your grabs? I couldn't tell.
Yeah, he did.

thx guys......can someone else just tell me if im tourney material or not??? cause im entering one soon in michigan.....thx
Yes, you're tournament material. But that doesn't mean you're going to go in and dominate the first tournament you play in. Really, in order to become tournament material, you need to play in tournaments. However, your tech skill is good enough and I'm sure you'll hold your own and maybe even come home with a prize, especially if it's not a real large-scaled tournaments. Where in Michigan do you live, anyway? I visit there sometimes and I was just wondering if you would be at all close to where i go.

alcheato

Smash Ace
There's really nothing I can say that hasn't been said. Careful with those grabs because you should've been punished for it on several occasions in that match. Other than that, pretty decent fox, man.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Good fox but apparently your friend doesnt know how to dodge. Its hard to tell how good your fox though until you play someone that is known to be good. Sometimes foxs can look really good on video but do very poorly against more experienced players.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
ur fox is impressive. but u can tell the falco wasnt so experienced.

lets see, ur weakness was that u missed so many grabs. and u tried to grab too much. but grabbing is good dont get me wrong just dont miss anymore grabs O_O

i liked how u shinespiked falco out of his firebird. land some more nair-shine combos. just more aerial shine combos would be better. my fav at low %'s is nair>shine>wavedash >grab
try that out. preferrably shffl'd aerial combos. they look more smooth than full hopped

pretty good edgeguarding. that bair on the leftside was timed pretty good. i think u could do decent in a tournament but just keep on smashing!

Oskurito

Smash Lord
You were being to predictable and.... OMG tell your friend to DI plz >_>. And where are those combos uh? U-throw>uptilt?(your opponent wasn't DIng why you didn't abuse the up tilts?) thunder's combo? reflecto smash? ...

Your good but you need to improve if you plan to enter on a real tournament.

And yeah... your friend needs to learn how to waveshine and how to DI properly against fox's up throw.

Soma

Smash Journeyman
The biggest problem I had with the match that isn't your huge number of grab attempts is the fact that in the first two stocks, you successfully follow up after the Flaco DIed away from you after your up throw, you can dash into a jcgrab to follow up the chain throwing you were trying to do at first or just slide in there and u-tilt or smash. I guess mainly you just need to either watch or guess better. Considering the quality of the Falco (nothing personal) but you could of pretty easily had a 4 stock.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
Just to answer that question that happened on the first page...full-jump nairs are good for a Falco because most Falcos like the approach of a short-hop laser, so if you aren't careful, you can get caught in the lasers with a short hop.
And yes, the only way to find out if you are tournament material is to go to them. If you do bad, go to more, the more experience, the better. You get a general idea of opponents that way, with you also improving as you go so you don't get predictable, etc.

fox_reflect

Smash Cadet
You were being to predictable and.... OMG tell your friend to DI plz >_>. And where are those combos uh? U-throw>uptilt?(your opponent wasn't DIng why you didn't abuse the up tilts?) thunder's combo? reflecto smash? ...

Your good but you need to improve if you plan to enter on a real tournament.

And yeah... your friend needs to learn how to waveshine and how to DI properly against fox's up throw.

ummmmm...falco doesnt use waveshine....its useless...since it just sends people up instead of a push

Mix

Smash Cadet
i dont usually do fox... im more of a doc but heres something you should work on... getting your grabs to actually works XD and practice this combo... itll be very usefull...

SH Drill shine wavedash to opponent shine wavedash grab U throw Uair... great combo and very effective

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
@KrazyKnux: full hop nair is a good way to slow falco down.
Nice, thanks. I'm going to have to try that out more often.

ummmmm...falco doesnt use waveshine....its useless...since it just sends people up instead of a push
What about pillaring? I use it all the time when I'm pillaring fast-fallers.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
What about pillaring? I use [waveshines with Falco] all the time when I'm pillaring fast-fallers.
Argh. Pillaring is shine -> dair -> shine -> dair etc on shields. What you're talking about is not a pillar, it's just a shine combo. Pillar = anti-shield.

Ether way, waveshines are certainly NOT useless with Falco. Their absolutely fantastic in fact. You can chase DI with them (especially against fastfallers), you can get behind shields with them so you can't get grabbed, and much much more. Granted, it's not as useful as Fox's waveshine, but Falco's need to waveshine in games, that's a fact.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Argh. Pillaring is shine -> dair -> shine -> dair etc on shields. What you're talking about is not a pillar, it's just a shine combo. Pillar = anti-shield.
That's the "book" definition, and I did know that. However, no one really applies it to that circumstance from what I've seen, so I'm not going to either. As long as everyone knows what I'm talking about when I say "pillar" then we're good.

Rage.

Smash Ace
I like your Fox a lot
its nice and fast and has nice tech skill
also you are fluent with the shine.
The only thing I can say is use more U-airs

fox_reflect

Smash Cadet
Yeah, he did.

Yes, you're tournament material. But that doesn't mean you're going to go in and dominate the first tournament you play in. Really, in order to become tournament material, you need to play in tournaments. However, your tech skill is good enough and I'm sure you'll hold your own and maybe even come home with a prize, especially if it's not a real large-scaled tournaments. Where in Michigan do you live, anyway? I visit there sometimes and I was just wondering if you would be at all close to where i go.

i live in taylor bro.....like near dearborn heights and stuff

nice1

Smash Lord
your fox is pretty good only problem is u missed some cg on the falco and that falco u played really ain't that good. He couldn't put any pressure u and combo u, but i give you credit for not getting combo and putting pressure on him instead. o yea your good to go for tourny material you'll learn a lot more in tournys

fox_reflect

Smash Cadet
Waveshine its useless?! OMG tell me that its a joke plz!!! ****ing noob

no im not kidding..........im talking with falco...not fox....its good with fox cause it shines,wave dash,shines,wave dash......but not with falco cause it just pops them up....god anyone can tell u that....and just cause i havent been on here very long doesnt mean im a fn noob!!!!!

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
@foxreflect: try again, it's useful for both of them. how recently you joined isn't necessarily indicative of what you know, but saying stuff like that will make people think you know nothing.

fox_reflect

Smash Cadet
alright......just hear me out......whats the point of that when the first one knocks u straight up....whats the point of doing it again and missing???

Giggidax

Smash Ace
waveshine = doing a shine and then wavedashing to cancel it

ur thinking of the infinite waveshine where u
shine> wavedash > shine >wavedash repeatedly.

i can link u to a video of a falco using waveshines to combo in a match lol nvm u get the idea

Top Bottom