• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Firends Link!!!vs my marth.

Validbadbadman

Smash Cadet
The only advice I think I can give is to try to use other moves in the regular AAA combo
e.g AA->utilt, AA->dsmash etc.

And also he/she should work on spacing I noticed that he was way too close to your marth most of the time which led to a lot of damage.

hope it helps:)

D

Deleted member

Yeah but that doesn't mean he's not good...

I thought he was able to handle the aggressive nature of the marth player without the use of AT'S quite well...
if he used the zair, jab canceling and dac he would of won

the breathing room that the zair creates would of set him up for more jab canceled grabs or smashes, and the approaching speed + priority of the dac would of set him up for more combos

AT's are important, its the only way link can stand a chance against anybody higher than bottom and low tier.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
if he used the zair, jab canceling and dac he would of won

the breathing room that the zair creates would of set him up for more jab canceled grabs or smashes, and the approaching speed + priority of the dac would of set him up for more combos

AT's are important, its the only way link can stand a chance against anybody higher than bottom and low tier.
i did do it a couple times in my first video i wanted to send but my friend didnt want it on youtube for some reason. but thanks for the advise i'll be sure to take it.

the reason i didn't DAC is because i haven't masterd it yet. i mean i can do it pretty well but its risky if i mess up and just throw out the chain.

Jink

Smash Apprentice
Not at all ArkiveZero, ATs for Link are essential yes, but it is wits and staying call that wins the battle in the end no matter the Tier.

theshortgamer

Smash Cadet
where can I find an abbreviation list? you guys make references to a lot of this stuff and I have no idea what you're talking about. AT? DAC? link me to a list if possible.

D

Deleted member

Not at all ArkiveZero, ATs for Link are essential yes, but it is wits and staying call that wins the battle in the end no matter the Tier.
lets see you stand a chance against somebody that uses AT's

you'll get wrecked just because you don't have as many options as the other player

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
lets see you stand a chance against somebody that uses AT's

you'll get wrecked just because you don't have as many options as the other player
this

there are things in the game you can do to help yourself and things you can do out (by out I mean something the game developers didn't think of, more like wavesdashing shuffling and other **** like that)

also you're a terrible poster but I guess your link is somewhat decent

maybe better than a level 5 computer but definitely not better than a level 7

Black Dragon

Smash Cadet
All I can say is grab less. Against Marth, if you miss that grab then that's your ***. Only do aso after a blocked Fair or missed Smash. That Marth was pretty **** good though, I say your friend held up pretty well. Great edgeguarding with Marth though, best I've seen yet.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
That Ike was average. Although, against Marth, he fared pretty well. Spacing probably could've been better, along with the aforementioned techniques (Boost-smash, Z-airs, etc.). I'd give you a 6/10.

Side Note: You were playing on Wi-fi, no? If so, I can't really judge you as accurately as I'd like. ^_^

Top Bottom