• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Falcon Thread

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coYVTjBTOeA

Friendly Versus Ike

Match is pretty funny/entertaining. The first half is is sorta taking turns ****** each other and the ending is pretty awesome too.
Not bad. Against Ike I'd suggest using lots and lots of mindgames, because Ike trumps Falcon in anything but speed. Which is my second point: Be quick. Overall you did prettty well in this match.
Question: That wii is not version 4.3, is it?

Psychoace

Smash Champion
have mercy with the terribad in this video..the first match was horrible but the following 2 were better.
aside from to many dash attack approaches and the lack of being good, what is there to start working more on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipaD_GIWOTc&feature=youtu.be
Don't approach with raptor boost. Use way more up air especially against yoshi. dash attack to dash attack should never ever work lol. You'll probably never be able to spot dodge yoshi's down be either just shield grab or get away from it. Work on your buffering and spacing as well, pretty much fundamental stuff if you ask me. Nice adjustment trying to use grab more in the second match, but it became pretty predictable Sliding shield grab is your friend. He ***** you a lot with down air > trip > fsmash. That last part will cause you to trip a lot, learn to smash di out of that stuff it would have saved you plenty of stocks. at 8:45 I was about ready to slap the both of you though lol.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
@eazy
down throw to rar'd bair was awesome dude I wonder if that was just bad di. Remember not to be so quick to dair and autocancel that stuff. You're play style is eerily similar to mine. So many glorious knees lol.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I played this guys Mario yesterday, I was hoping to have some vids against his Zelda as well, but some stuff came up and I haven't gotten to record them yet :(

This game isn't that great, he SD'ed three times (the first 2 because he thought he was using Luigi for a second and tried to Down B back onto the stage) but I think he exposed some major flaws in my Falcon at the other points in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie2YuDzRRIM

there's the game, be brutal.

PZ

Smash Lord
I played this guys Mario yesterday, I was hoping to have some vids against his Zelda as well, but some stuff came up and I haven't gotten to record them yet :(

This game isn't that great, he SD'ed three times (the first 2 because he thought he was using Luigi for a second and tried to Down B back onto the stage) but I think he exposed some major flaws in my Falcon at the other points in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie2YuDzRRIM

there's the game, be brutal.
I am sorry but either you don't know what your doing or your getting read hard...
Which you are but I am not going to bash you for that although you did say be brutal:p
Also he sd 3 times...lucky n not exactly a match that is rate-able...

1.) Ok first you shouldn't be trying to shield grab at all because of our horrible grab range although mario's misspaced aerials could be shield grab.
2.) Next this guy is reading you like a book at the beginning posing the questiong to be chill or aggressive to throw him off.
3.) Learn to Perfect Shield pickles my good man
On the ground utilt to basically **** him, up angle ftilt as anti-air, and down angle ftilt for spacing.
In the air use lots of uair for it pretty much beats his aerial game completely. Bair out prioritizes his aerials but should not be used as much as uair. Nair is ok...
4.) No charged smash attacks or falcon kicks. You could use dsmash more cuz like utilt it can barely be punished by mario.
5.) Edgegaurd him right or not at all!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw32Zj4cvrs

Me vs SK at PS3. He's a really really good player but both of us were playing pretty badly I was also high

My spacing was off and I was pretty impatient (I need to remember to mixup my tech chases too), other than that, anything you guys notice that I can fix?
I just go in cuz snake is going to camp you to victory unless you know the mu well or either your going to have to go on pure aggression to throw him off.

Ok Lordy heres the real rating
1.) First of all when a snake is offstage show no mercy with those uairs lol
Keep up the bair spacings and FH nair is actually usable in this mu:p Nice utilts too!
2.) Why are you so scared?
3.) If the snake isnt nade camping you can most certainly go in unless he spams utilt which most snakes don't do that unless your in kill percents.
You want to stay close range of snake so you won't get camped or hit with dash attack related stuff.
Also dash shield is a pretty good approach here unless snake is holding a nade then he probably would shield grab you. Plus if he dash attacks or ftilts you then you can shield grab if close enough in which most situations you can never do that. Since dash<shield throws a little bit more momentum to counter the push from snake's attacks.
4.) I think you should shield or spotdodge if your jab1 stops his ftilt1 so you wont get hit afterwards cuz I am not having much luck either after that.
5.) Never use dair no matter what the situation is unless offstage of course.
6.) Fthrow>Dthrow

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I am sorry but either you don't know what your doing or your getting read hard...
Which you are but I am not going to bash you for that although you did say be brutal:p
Also he sd 3 times...lucky n not exactly a match that is rate-able...

1.) Ok first you shouldn't be trying to shield grab at all because of our horrible grab range although mario's misspaced aerials could be shield grab.
2.) Next this guy is reading you like a book at the beginning posing the questiong to be chill or aggressive to throw him off.
3.) Learn to Perfect Shield pickles my good man
On the ground utilt to basically **** him, up angle ftilt as anti-air, and down angle ftilt for spacing.
In the air use lots of uair for it pretty much beats his aerial game completely. Bair out prioritizes his aerials but should not be used as much as uair. Nair is ok...
4.) No charged smash attacks or falcon kicks. You could use dsmash more cuz like utilt it can barely be punished by mario.
5.) Edgegaurd him right or not at all!!!
What are better out of shield options?

I do like Aggro Falcon, the vids i'm going to post on monday where I went more Aggresive are definitely closer matches.

Perfect Shield pickles?

I'm so bad at angling ftilt, usually come out as a dtilt/utilt or a Smash

hmm, thought falcon kick was good for closing space and punishing mistakes when you're far away.

What's the proper way to edgeguard?

PZ

Smash Lord
What are better out of shield options?

I do like Aggro Falcon, the vids i'm going to post on monday where I went more Aggresive are definitely closer matches.

Perfect Shield pickles?

I'm so bad at angling ftilt, usually come out as a dtilt/utilt or a Smash

hmm, thought falcon kick was good for closing space and punishing mistakes when you're far away.

What's the proper way to edgeguard?
Better out of shield options would be jab, uair, and dash attack. Of course you got to let go of the shield button before performing stuff OOS and uair you have to jump and tilt up on the control stick to perform the uair.
Perfect shield is the tink noise that happens when your shield goes up on the exact frame it is hit by an attack. What is good about it? well you can do stuff OOS at an instant or just faster depending how prepared you are. Also the attack that hit your shield does not push you at all no matter how strong it is. In your video you did a perfect shield or otherwise known as power shield at 1:13 but was slow on the punish.
Falcon kick is good for that stuff but only use it at higher percents otherwise your opponent will hit you after they get hit alot of the time.
Edguarding always depends on the character and opponent usually noticing which way you know or think the opponent is going so you can finish him off or make it harder to get back on when he is offstage. In this case since it is mario grabbing the edge helps a little or the back of uairs.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Falcon is bad because most of his moves either :
-are slow,
-lack range/disjoint
-lack power
-sometimes all of the above

Also because he's an offensive character in a game that punishes offense and rewards defense.

Lordy I watched your match against SK and I guess you should work your reactions on Snake's multihits, like SDI his Nair and shield/SDI his ftilt (there were many times when he delayed the second hit and you couldve just shielded it).
All in all you didn't make big mistakes, you just need to avoid that zone where Snake has a free Ftilt on your whole moveset.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
can I get critiqued on these 2 sets at a smashfest, one of them was with deven3000 and the other was with dark.pch. Apparently I need to learn the peach and kirby MU badly, tell me what i did wrong, my bad habits, and what to do when dealing with these MUs.

http://www.twitch.tv/deven3000/b/323140885

Vs deven: 1:04:30 and the set ends at 1:10:40

vs Dark.pch's peach only: 3:37:13 and ends at 3:40:43

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Aw mang that RCO on the mk set, I was like "noooooo y u airdodge with it ?".
You did pretty good in that set btw, the MK didn't know the matchup at all (like, he only gimped you 2 times on 3 games, wtf) and you showed good uses of Uair and Utilt. Just be sure to autocancel your Bairs more.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I know, I was kinda pissed. It's an easy problem to fix though, one for the notebook.

And yeah, he said he's never fought a Falcon before, so fail on my part. But I learned a lot about MK at that house tournament, more confident in the matchup now.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I feel like you were being a bit too optimistic with the Falcon punch.
At 1:10 you should have gone for another Up B, he was waiting for the attack because he thought he was far enough away for Up B to fail.

2:22 good attempt, but you should have started charging Fsmash so you could time the release right after his Usmash hitbox goes away.

Unfortunate end to game 1. :c

It looks like you're being a bit too aggressive, CF excels at playing defense.

Against the spot dodge spam around 4:06 you should have U-Tilted or rapid jabbed it, or hold the A button.

You're going too much for the Up B from the ledge, ever since you got Pane with that twice on SV, he started to stand out of the spacing for it.

And the side b cancel, stop going for the Fsmash afterward, I know you're pressured for percent at this point, but you should be playing it safe and just chip away.

5:30 you go for Side B -> Dsmash. Just shield after T^T
And you Up Smash too optimistically.

Other than that, great Falcon.

RvlvRBobcat

Smash Apprentice
I feel like you were being a bit too optimistic with the Falcon punch.
At 1:10 you should have gone for another Up B, he was waiting for the attack because he thought he was far enough away for Up B to fail.

2:22 good attempt, but you should have started charging Fsmash so you could time the release right after his Usmash hitbox goes away.

Unfortunate end to game 1. :c

It looks like you're being a bit too aggressive, CF excels at playing defense.

Against the spot dodge spam around 4:06 you should have U-Tilted or rapid jabbed it, or hold the A button.

You're going too much for the Up B from the ledge, ever since you got Pane with that twice on SV, he started to stand out of the spacing for it.

And the side b cancel, stop going for the Fsmash afterward, I know you're pressured for percent at this point, but you should be playing it safe and just chip away.

5:30 you go for Side B -> Dsmash. Just shield after T^T
And you Up Smash too optimistically.

Other than that, great Falcon.
I appreciate it, i'll test this info out at crossfire 3.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude first thing you should try is to stop giving yourself RCO for no reason. It's cool to stall at the ledge a bit, but if you side/up B when you don't need to you put yourself at a disadvantage.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
good up tilts. those bike to waft combos made me sad :(

more grabs (easier said than done on wario), and more up air would probably help you control him in the air better. also watch your jab and grab spacing.

Top Bottom