• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Entirely Broken BP Team

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
This teams Code Name is "Re-Ban Wobbuffet" I made it back when Shoddybattle unbanned Wobbuffet but I haven't been on in a while so im not sure if its still unbanned or not. Anyways lets get in it shall we?

Wobbuffet@Lum Berry
Bold/Shadow Tag
252Def/252SpDef/4Hp
-Encore
-Mirror Coat
-Counter
-Destiny Bond

This is the single most annoying, horrible, and broken lead in the game. No lead starts out well against it, but its main job is just to Encore whatever my opponent does. If they attack, I kill them but more than likely they'll choose something along the lines of Hypnosis or a stat increasing move(both of which I actually want) Should they Hypnosis me on turn one, Im cured and they get Encored. When they hit me again on my next turn and I fall asleep, the sleep clause comes in to affect and I switch to.....

Smeargle@Salac Berry
Jolly/Own Tempo
244Hp/12Def/252Spe
-Spore
-Substitute
-Belly Drum
-Baton Pass

This thing just goes hand in hand with wobbuffet. With peoples natural fear of actually attacking wobbuffet they always seem to fall in to the trap of getting encored and giving me one free turn, and thats all this guy needs. Spore, Sub, Drum, Salac then pass, it works 95% of the time and when it does, oh boy are my opponents in trouble because I pass to

Medicham@Lum Berry
Adamant/Pure Power
252Atk/252Spe/4Hp
-Psycho Cut
-Brick Break
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch

Tada!!! Should this get the baton pass(Which it normally does cus of the whole "OHKO's everything in the game" thing) my opponent cannot win* I have 6-0'd so many teams with just these three pokemon, its not even funny. Medicham with a Belly Drum pass is the most powerful thing in the entire game and the only reason I have Lum Berry on it is so I can't be hit with Hypnosis by Scarfgar.

Garchomp@Yache Berry
Jolly/Sand Veil
252Atk/252Spe/4Hp
-Swords Dance
-Fire Fang
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw

You may be asking yourself "Reaper, with those above three pokemon, why would you ever need anything else?" To which I would reply "Because there's no such thing as a perfect team and even this one has its weaknesses" Certain things may keep me from my goals of Belly Drum Medicham, like a random Spiritomb lead to whom Wobbuffet can do nothing. Thats where this guy comes in, as the standard Garchomp is usually enough to take down whatever may ruin my attempts to set up. But there's another reason I use him. Medicham is usually my choice for a bellypass, but, should the also recently unbanned Deoxys-S(e?) be in play, Medicham just wouldn't cut it. Even with a Salac Boost medicham isn't fast enough to hit Deoxys before getting 2HKO'd by Shadow Ball. As such, I have this guy as back up. The standard Deoxys doesn't run enough speed to out run a max speed, salac boosted Jolly Garchomp, only Adamant Garchomp. As such, should I find myself facing a Deoxys, I pass to this guy, who still has far more than enough type coverage and power to sweep most teams.

Cradily@Leftovers
Adamant/Suction Cups
252Hp/164Def/92Atk
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Recover
-Facade

On the other hand, should I face myself against something like Tyraniboah, I pass to this. Assuming the best, I should be passing a Sub, a Belly Drum AND a salac boost to this guy. Interestingly enough, with all that going for him, he counters Tyraniboah pretty well, as the Salac Boost actually allows him to outspeed Tyranitar meaning that if he comes in on Focus Punch he loses his sub and next turn OHKO's him with Earthquake and if he comes in on Substitute they lose subs on the same turn, Cradily outspeeds him then kills with EQ. Facade seems like an odd choice but toxic spikes are rather common and Cradily lacks any really usable physical moves >_>

Togekiss@Life Orb
Adamant/Hustle
252Atk/252Spe/4Hp
-Aerial Ace
-Extreme Speed
-Aura Sphere
-Encore

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Physical Togekiss FTW. It may seem odd, but I have this guy for a few reasons. First, should I find myself without a wobbuffet, its nice to have something else that can Encore, and he's at least moderately bulky enough to take a hit. Second, should I find myself without anything to Baton Pass to, I still have this guy who, despite a miserable Base 50 Atk, can do massive amounts of damage with a Belly Pass. With a Belly Drum, Life Orb and Hustle, this guy can create extreme chaos and with Aerial Ace not affected by Hustle's accuracy drop and a Priority move, we've actually got ourselves a pretty **** usefull physical sweeper. Aura Sphere is here because even with a negative nature it can still take out a huge chunk of the likes of tyranitar without having to worry about Hustle lowering its accuracy.

So this is my team, and to be quite honest, I don't understand why I never saw anyone else with anything like it. In the months I played on shoddy with wobbuffet's unbanning I only saw one other player with the idea and trust me when I say I did alot of winning with this team(So much so that it got boring >_>) Still, I think it can be improved so suggestions would be nice.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
95% chance of winning is right. Only if your foe switches in a Pokemon that knows a priority move when your Smeargle comes in will stand a chance at beating you. Otherwise, you're set. Cradily seems out of place, though. Seeing this team does make me feel better about my team with 5 priority moves. o_o;;

DarkLucario

Smash Rookie
The main problem I see is that if a Gyarados has Taunt (which it should), it's mainly screws over your strategy.

Or any other lead that can outspeed both Wobb and Smear thta has taunt does the same thing.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Garchomp@Yache Berry
Jolly/Sand Veil
252Atk/252Spe/4Hp
-Swords Dance
-Fire Fang
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw

You may be asking yourself "Reaper, with those above three pokemon, why would you ever need anything else?" To which I would reply "Because there's no such thing as a perfect team and even this one has its weaknesses" Certain things may keep me from my goals of Belly Drum Medicham, like a random Spiritomb lead to whom Wobbuffet can do nothing.
See, I was thinking about Spiritomb. As for Tauntrados, I usually see it coming and just switch to this guy right here ^^^^^^ For the most part I haven't been seeing alot of Gyaras using Ice Fang so they usually cant do much to him once he's there.

0RLY

There are others too, albeit not as common. Dusknoir, Houndoom, Boah, and Honchkrow are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Your first two pokes are perfect. Your remaining 4 almost doesn't even matter. Just grab something very fast and relatively powerful. Ambipom might be fun to mess with. Azumarill, Pikachu, and Ninjask might be fun to mess with as your sweepers.

ss118

Smash Master
I would have considered this a good team if Wobbuffet hadn't been banned long ago.

And yes I realize it is allowed on Official server, but seriously: official sucks.

ss118

Smash Master
smogon still has garchomp. they have a seperate ladder for people who don't want it.

hell, they are pleasing both sides of the debate. lol

0RLY

Just change SDchomp into DDmence. You won't notice much of a difference.

Try Super Luck Honchkrow with Scope Lens! I wanna see how much +6 atk STAB critical Night Slash would do!

The Postman

Smash Rookie
Honchkrow vs 176 Def & 281 HP Lucario : 327 - 384 (116.37% - 136.65%)
Honchkrow vs 416 Def & 334 HP Skarmry: 277 - 327 (82.93% - 97.90%)
Honchkrow vs 1 Def & 1 HP x4 Weakness: 918844 - 1080996 (91884400.00% - 108099600.00%)

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Honchkrow vs 176 Def & 281 HP Lucario : 327 - 384 (116.37% - 136.65%)
Honchkrow vs 416 Def & 334 HP Skarmry: 277 - 327 (82.93% - 97.90%)
Honchkrow vs 1 Def & 1 HP x4 Weakness: 918844 - 1080996 (91884400.00% - 108099600.00%)
Lol, you should see how much my Specs Sunny Day Typhlosion's Eruption did to a Forretress when it crited(I'll give you a hint, it was above 1500%)

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
The reason this team isn't as good as it could be is because of Shoddy. On Wobbuffet is far and by the best lead because when your opponent breaks sleep clause, they lose.

The Postman

Smash Rookie
Actually that wouldn't break sleep clause as they are forced to do it.
Just like using Rest+Sleep Talk and you end up using Hypnosis won't break sleep clause.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Your Wobbuffet isn't nearly as impervious as you make it out to be. It actually doesn't take on a lot of common leads very well. If Weavile's Night Slash crits, it will kill you regardless of the item it's holding (Expert Belt/Life Orb/Choice Band). All plausible leads bar the occasional Slowbro is faster than you, and a large majority of them carries Taunt, U-Turn, Explosion, Baton Pass, or a combination of the above. Also, anyone with half a brain will switch to a status absorber as soon as they see Smeargle, and if that isn't available, switch to something to eat the Spore then go to a phazer. Smeargle's next attack after Belly Drum will obviously be Baton Pass, so having your Medicham met with Thunder Wave or WoW sucks. Even if you do manage to pull off the BP, Medicham's speed is pretty crappy and its defenses are even crappier, so pretty much anything with a Choice Scarf will outspeed and OHKO you (Adamant only hits 389 speed). It would often be a much better idea to just pass to Garchomp directly, as that's much more difficult to counter effectively. Your Cradily and Togekiss are simply wastes of space, as there isn't anything Garchomp can't cover that they can, and without Belly Drum, they're both pretty much useless outside of Togekiss Encoring a random EQ. You'd be much better off having actual, usable Pokemon in those 2 slots in the event that your Baton Pass does get interrupted. At least your Garchomp can still cause some pain without Belly Drum passed.

That said, you'll almost always be taking out at least 2-3 Pokemon on your opponent's team just for the fact you're using Wobbuffet.

Top Bottom