• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Dk please...

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Well since theres so many people on these boards saying there the best and all. I thought i would post up some of my vids online. I know im not good, but any tips would help :). Also Ill post up more vids soon, i only have those vids up due to slow upload speed. Never the less, enjoy :chuckle:
http://www.youtube.com/user/nzgc (Sorry i dont have up direct links, im at work and im going through a proxy so i cant view everything on youtube. Just view the Jmex Matches, Thanks again)

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I would say your Donkey Kong isn't bad, but I would like to say a couple of things. For one, your reactions are kind of slow sometimes, and you tend to use the wrong move at the wrong time. Try to use more of your tilts instead of smash attacks, because they come out quick and they're still strong. Your using WAY too many smash attacks. Donkey Kong's smash attacks are there to be used when another player is doing a move that can be punished. Other than that, I think with a little work, you could have a pretty good DK. =D Don't sweat it though, honestly. Most other DK players on the internet right now aren't even half as good as you (from the combo videos and matches I've seen). I really need to get my matches/combo video on the internet to show off my Donkey Kong, because I've been told I've pretty much got one of the best DK's right now, but I know no one here will believe that without proof, so I'm just gonna wait until I can put my matches up. =/

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
you need to grab more often also but I didn't see any problems with reaction, you just didn't anticipate. and NEVER use dair while they are on the ground from the start, way too lagy and easy to punish

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
In one of those matches Charizard gets fsmashed THREE times against the Great Fox fin and rebounds back like four times... like good grief tell your friend to tech that **** it was painful for me to watch, haha. Pretty good DK. Like Ripple said you should grab more, you threw out some really risky dash attacks at times when a grab would have given you a much greater reward. I watched two matches and not a single cargo! Also some really random, strange move choice at times, like you'd be on a platform above your opponent and suddenly upB, or throw out random upsmashes when your opponent wasn't above you or even nearby.

Overall though solid DK.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
To Mccdbz5: Yea im trying to impliment tilts into my style of play, because as you said, i noticed smashing is too slow. Tilts would def be a better alternative vs. always trying to go for the smash attack. Thanks.

To Ripple: Yea i do need to grab more, i tend to grab more toward the beginning of my matches, but somewhere along the match i dont grab as often as i do when the match begins.

To WastingPenguins: The up smash connects when the opponent is directly next to you, which is what i was trying to do. But as MCcdbz5 said, i should try to do more tilts which is what i will start to do in my future matches. I usually cargo alot, but i guess in these two matches i didnt really do it as much as i usually do, but i know exactly what your talking about. Thanks.

Side note: Who are the best Dk's right now? As far as speculation goes? Just wondering....

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Well, a lot of other pro smashers I play with tell me I've got one of the best DK's right now, but I have no matches on the internet at the moment (I actually just won a local game store tournament today, and my brother placed second with his main, Diddy Kong). Besides myself, another good DK player is Bum, and I would say NJzFinest is probably good as well.

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice
Donkey vs Cpt Falc
Poor Falcon player, not an all too exciting match.

Donkey vs PT
Decent match, suicide to ensure the kill wasn't a good idea, final stock kill was disappointing.

Top Bottom