• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My DDD Plz

Coney

Smash Master
Hey guys.

Finally got some videos of my DDD up.

Grand finals from a real tiny tourney in southern MD. Didn't play so well in the other set but did alright in this one, wanted to know if any of you guys had any commentary on it.

Match 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZmXg611Hcc&feature=related
Match 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwViXEcMbpM&feature=related
Match 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHtNQS3S4kQ&feature=related

Some stuff I need to work on:

- My biggest issue is that I'm not patient. I've heard this from almost everyone that I've played. I need to take my time, I play DDD rather aggressively which works well sometimes, but I need to know when to pull back the throttle.
- I NEVER PUMMEL WHEN I GRAB. I grab a lot and I never, ever pummel. Really bad habit.
- I roll into the stage a lot, especially after just getting back. It's actually good against my opponent THIS match, but I didn't take into account that he was MK and would just tornado me. Usually when he's Diddy I can roll through him and can get a grab, but that won't work for better people.
- Bad timing on some aerials, mostly the fair. I'll do it and mess up the timing so badly that I get bounced around a bit.

Anything else y'all can help me with?

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Ok one thing that I noticed right away is that you NEVER attempted to tech chase at all, you should work on that a little bit.

You also tried many times to break MK's nado with bair.

Also saw too many RAR approaches, you shouldn't be approaching at all in the MK matchup.

Yes like you mentioned in the OP you should always pummel your enemy between chaingrabs and when your opponent is at a high percent, its free damage lol !

You attempted the weird Buuman Up B kill on the 3rd match, wasn't expecting that lol nice

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Yeah don't approach as much, and not at all to Meta Knight. I see you tried the inhale when Meta Knight was coming up from the platform like in my video lol. Do it next time when the lava is fully up XD.

Also, timing a reverse grab to his tornado works when he's approaching you with it. It has more range and the super armor frames of the grab will go in effect every time in one of the frames of the tornado.

Coney

Smash Master
Yeah, patience is by biggest issue. I approach with DDD a LOT and I know he doesn't have a lot of options...but I still do it. Dunno why, especially against MK.

I tried to break the nado from above with bair and got it a few times, but...I shouldn't have kept trying :<

The concept of pivot grabbing a tornado frightens me. I hear it works 100 of the time but...eek.

Top Bottom