• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Bowser (vid inside)

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
I'd just recommend less Dair when you're low. You got punished a lot by doing it so low because of the landing lag. Also be careful when using it as a edgeguard, if you fastfall it on accident or miss the jump it's basically an SD since Bowser won't be able to recover vertically. XD

Miles.

Smash Champion
I'd just recommend less Dair when you're low. You got punished a lot by doing it so low because of the landing lag. Also be careful when using it as a edgeguard, if you fastfall it on accident or miss the jump it's basically an SD since Bowser won't be able to recover vertically. XD
Yeah you are right.

I took a lot of damage that was avoidable.

I just like spiking people with it like it does if you hit with the last hit on it. ( and I do once in the vid)

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Haha I noticed that spike. You just need to remember that it can kill you if you mess up and it can also get you spiked with characters like Ganondorf or Samus. XD

Flayl

Smash Hero
You're really better off edge-guarding with Bair than with Dair. And yeah don't use it on stage.

Miles.

Smash Champion
You're really better off edge-guarding with Bair than with Dair. And yeah don't use it on stage.
Yeah its not to bad off level, tho risky of they have a spike like you mentioned.

But yeah it blows when you land and have a 2 second delay.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Okay, fisrt you only side b once... While I dont think that it should be spammed, it is useful in getting your opponent in the air for some fair bair ****. Also, it tacks on 20 percent or more depending on how much you use it. I use it but rarely for the bowsercide. Also, you often walked in as an aproach which isn't the best option. Short hop a fair or infinite jump side b(sometime it works). I'll even run in and upb sometimes because it goes through or clanks with almost everything. Go in and then go out before the move ends so you dont get punished if you miss. Dont dair with bowser hardly if ever... its just not a great move. Fire breath is also a wonderful shorthopped aproach and you can even use it defensively or as an edgeguard. Upb out of shield is the biggest thing. It is a very fast high priority option for bowser to use and you neglected it. Had the shiek been in proper position at the end you would have lost... Good start though and keep at it.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Thanks.

The reason I like walking is because unlike running you can do any action.
I know what you mean, but against fast players like Sheik, that isn't the best option. Hell a lot of the time I'll spam Fairs just to keep the enemy guessing what I'll do next. When they air dodge backwards you can follow up with some firebreath and get them caught in it. :laugh:

I was going to comment on the firebreath, but I haven't played enough Sheiks to actually know if it stops the needles. Anyone mind helping me with that?

g2g4l

Smash Apprentice
The biggest thing you've got to remember is that you don't have speed over her and power being a strong point of yours. One thing i noticed is that one you lost spacing over her she started to stack up damage you have to make use of all of your attacks as well like your fire breath for stopping approaching attacker or edge guarding using your Dsmash when they get to brave and attack really close or is using roll to much or Usmash when they are making use of the aerial game its just you have to switch it up on them and the most important thing is you got to watch your spacing you have power if you time it right instead of just racking up damage you can land really powerful smashes to get the upper hand

all in all you were really good lucky with the last resort SideB but good none the less and dont let up by walking of giving them a chance to regroup even though bowser is slow you can all ways dash and keep the heat on for the kill

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Oh and the shiek you played never once used side b as a recovery, but fire breath aimed down ***** tether recovery just so you know.

Miles.

Smash Champion
Oh and the shiek you played never once used side b as a recovery, but fire breath aimed down ***** tether recovery just so you know.
Thats why he didnt use it.

I main PT and he learned that from Charizard really quick, plus he likes being aggressive with Up-B.

Did anyone notice the glitch gimp on sheik on his second stock? The second part of his Up-B registered like i was in his way on the edge and it did do any damagae to me, he just fell to his doom like someone edge hogged him.

Miles.

Smash Champion
Okay, fisrt you only side b once... While I dont think that it should be spammed, it is useful in getting your opponent in the air for some fair bair ****. Also, it tacks on 20 percent or more depending on how much you use it. I use it but rarely for the bowsercide. .

Ssssh I know how to multiquote I am jsut being lazy.

I love Side B. I actaully spam it way way to much this is one of the few vids where I used it sparingly. I will upload moar vids and you will see what Side B ***** I am.
:p

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
yeh i noticed that glitch...wierd,

anyways it was pretty good but like others have said less dair, also i would suggest u use firebreath more perhaps SHfirebreath as an approach i use that, and firebreath is also great for edgeguarding shoot it up then drag em down. u got lucky in the end there did ur friend know that he could DI the flying slam back onto the stage?

Top Bottom