• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rate me

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Meh, decent. Have a lot of fundamentals down. You need to play a human though, or at least a better cpu. Ike is a terrible CPU for some reason. Try Wolf or Mario.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
There is a video thread on these forums, your vids should be posted there. And please, no videos on you playing cpus. We cant rate your skill from it, and it makes you look weak and dopey.

Osi

Smash Ace
3 - sorry if that sounds harsh

tips:

less up smash entries and falcon punches

Try to use the neutral air and up air short hopped as an entry. They both lead to good combos(well... attack chains since most things now can be DI'd or air dodge out of) and come out faster than a up smash. Speaking of which using the up air on a opponent above you or off the stage would have been better than trying the knee so much at lower percents. The up air is one of falcon's best tools, so it should be worked in.

Falcon punch left you wide open multiple times, so I'd most likely tone that one down a bit. You also up B'd above the stage, that will get you punished by a good smasher.

You seam to like to side B at the stage too, try to sweet spot it, you won't be in as much danger. Also on yoshi's island you can side B towards the slope on the edge and slide behind the opponent very fast for a forward smash/tilt. It's a cool technique you may be able to make use of.

That's about all I could judge versus a cpu since they don't act like a good human smasher. We didn't get to see your defense because of this. Not to mention having to deal with DI and air dodges in your attacks like a real person does. May want to record a match versus someone next time.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty, after some observation, I'd have to concur with Osi.

Before the advice, I'd like to to comment on the nice re-entry @ 1:08, using the momentum and a Falcon Punch to guard yourself. The only possibility with this not working would be a human player anticipating or reacting and running behind you to punish as the Punch finishes its frames.

Sliding U-smashes out of a dash can leave you open many times, as well as a blocked or spot dodged Sidesmash. Jab to Grab still works amazingly, and can lead into grab combos or setting your defenses up, giving you time to space yourself from your opponent.

Other than that, take Osi's advice on your recoveries, try dropping from a ledge and wall jumping to fake your opponent out, or drop and do a hop up onto the ledge with a U-air or Knee.

Score: 4-5 out of 10 (I can only rate you half because of the CPU opponent, play style changes dramatically with a human behind the other controller, and can affect game play drastically. If you can get any other matches up, I'd be happy to rate them.)

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
ok i would like to play people but the only person i can play is my sister who will nevver play and when she does gets 3 stocked big time. well there is my couzin but he is far away and also not very good. but better then my sister and atleast interssed so i could teach him maybe.

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
4.5 I saw verry little advance techniques. You used allot of the wrong moves at the wrong times. You were also facing a computer not a real person. Sorry but Eh

Reaver197

Smash Lord
4.5 I saw verry little advance techniques.
Uh...someone's proficiency at Brawl is going to much less marked by usage of supposed "advanced" techniques. Then, on top of that, Falcon doesn't have very many to utilize beyond certain situations.

But, at OP, if you want your Falcon to be properly critiqued, you should not give a video of you playing a computer. I personally will withhold judgment until I see you playing a human opponent (preferably non-WiFi).

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
ok i would like to play people but the only person i can play is my sister who will nevver play and when she does gets 3 stocked big time. well there is my couzin but he is far away and also not very good. but better then my sister and atleast interssed so i could teach him maybe.
Well that's good, as long as you can get practice in. Can you access the internet at all? If so try playing wifi matches, though laggy, will still get you some practice and experience. If you don't have wireless try getting a Lan Adapter, as crappy as they are (they really are, I've tried one and it doesn't improve latency/ping at all).

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
Well that's good, as long as you can get practice in. Can you access the internet at all? If so try playing wifi matches, though laggy, will still get you some practice and experience. If you don't have wireless try getting a Lan Adapter, as crappy as they are (they really are, I've tried one and it doesn't improve latency/ping at all).
ok i do have wifi got any tips for improving conections?

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
ok i do have wifi got any tips for improving conections?
Well, Nintendo is still new to the whole Online game, so they're not the best at keeping their online quality at its best.

The only real way to "improve" your connection would be to find anyone around you (within your town or state) and get their Friend Codes. Once that's done you can play with em all you want, and the lag shouldn't be as bad as it would if it were a random wifi match.

THIS DOES NOT ALWAYS WORK: Again, Nintendo's online service is really crummy at the moment, so until they pull themselves up by the bootstraps, nothing online will come anywhere close to a match on one Wii.

Good luck!

Top Bottom