• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate & Discuss my doc ~ milkman

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
heya guyz on sunday I started playing Doc and Luma and me recorded some (many ^^) stuff against many chars.
I had no warming up, no doc-experience and now I haven't got any johns ^^

just watch the vids. (or some of them ^^)
and rate & discuss, gimme advices and stuff like that !! =)

vs. doc

01 (Dream Lan 64
02 (Yoshi's Story
______________Moneymatch(fun)_______________
01 (Pokémon Stadium)
02 (Final Destination)
03 (Coneria)

vs. Falco

01 (Yoshi's Story)
02 (Fountain of Dreams)
03 (Pokémon Stadium)
04 (Fountain of Dreams

vs. Captain Falcon

01 (Pokémon Stadium)
02 (Final Destination
03 (Yoshi's Story

vs. Ganondorf

01 (Final Destination)
02 (Fountain of Dreams)
03 (Pokémon Stadium)
04 (Final Destination)

vs. Jigglypuff

01 (Yoshi's Story)
02 (Dream Land 64

vs. Marth

01 (Pokémon Stadium)
02 (Final Destination)

vs. Peach

01 (Fountain of Dreams)
02 (Dream Land 64

vs. Sheik (Luma's Main Character .. JOHN !! ^^)

01 (Yoshi's Story)
02 (Yoshi's Story)
03 (Pokémon Stadium)
04 (Final Destination)
05 (Fountain of Dreams)
06 (Dream Land 64)
07 (Dream Land 64)
08 (Final Destination)

yeah that's it guyz !! =D
thank u for ratin' & discussin' here (hope u'll do !! =D)

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Hey--haven't gotten to watch but a few videos, and I promise i'll have more to say soon, but I've got to get to class.

Your tech looks relatively smooth, mostly the pillgame, at least from what i've seen. However, you do seem to beat around the bush a bit. I saw some good opportunities to attack that were missed, also some weird (accidental?) fulljump action. I make more than my fair share of tech mistakes, but it always helps to have someone bring them to light. Looks like you're doing more of what looks fancier and less of what might actually be the best thing to do in a certain situation.
That may just be the imperssion im getting from the first coupla vids, but I'll watch the rest soon.
Keep up the good work!

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
Hey--haven't gotten to watch but a few videos, and I promise i'll have more to say soon, but I've got to get to class.

Your tech looks relatively smooth, mostly the pillgame, at least from what i've seen. However, you do seem to beat around the bush a bit. I saw some good opportunities to attack that were missed, also some weird (accidental?) fulljump action. I make more than my fair share of tech mistakes, but it always helps to have someone bring them to light. Looks like you're doing more of what looks fancier and less of what might actually be the best thing to do in a certain situation.
That may just be the imperssion im getting from the first coupla vids, but I'll watch the rest soon.
Keep up the good work!
hehe yeah some Fulljumps happen by accident ^^

and about me doin' things, that look fancier:
I juz do that ****, cuz I dunno what's the best to do ^^
I definately don't want to do thing with "style" ^^ I juz wanna win that ****ing matches ^^

Before I drove to Luma's that day (sunday it was ^^) I watched 2 videos of M2K's Doc and juz tried to copy that pill game, that all I knew 'bout doc so far xD

thanks for rating so far, looking forward for good advices guyz !! =)

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
hehe yeah some Fulljumps happen by accident ^^

and about me doin' things, that look fancier:
I juz do that ****, cuz I dunno what's the best to do ^^
I definately don't want to do thing with "style" ^^ I juz wanna win that ****ing matches ^^

Before I drove to Luma's that day (sunday it was ^^) I watched 2 videos of M2K's Doc and juz tried to copy that pill game, that all I knew 'bout doc so far xD

thanks for rating so far, looking forward for good advices guyz !! =)

Word, can't wait to watch the rest.

By the way, mad props if you're actually from Deutschland.

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
I gonna record and upload more stuff next weekend with luma !!
If you could gimme some more information about what I have to do with doc basicly the videos would't be the same **** they r in this case !! :D

but that (too) little reply didn't help much this far =/

Where r the experts with good advices ??! ^^
Desh didn't u want to tell me sth. 'bout the vids. ?? ^^

thx. thus far guyz !! :D

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Aight, so:

vs. Falco--Again, watch the fulljumping, and try to control spacing a bit better. Though its hard not to with an opponent as aggressive as falco, try not to end up getting pushed around. You seem to recover from the ledge with ledgehop Fair -every- time, and you're getting read. Try to get some variety. Try not to downthrow falco unless he's at decently high damage--otherwise you can't really CG or combo from it. Try to get some variation in your recovery, too; you seem to be doing the same things to get back to the stage every time, and Luma's reading and ledgehogging. MOVE MORE. This falco is pretty good, but he's not uber, and as such he shouldn't have you pinned down so well. you're getting stuck doing standing dodge, wierd capes, and trying to shield grab, none of which you should really be doing against falco. Try to keep mobile, then get some hits on so you can get him off the stage and gimp. Remember, Falco is basically F*cked by doc when he gets off the stage, but before then he can muss you up if you let him control the space/timing. Don't let him get a rhythm, and wait for your opportunity to get him off the ledge. Again, you use the ledgehop fair EVERY time. Not okay. He could be punishing you way worse for this, even though he already is.

Your tech seems fairly good, actually, but you're not putting it to great use. Don't get overwhelmed/claustrophobic on stages with platforms (like Yoshi's story, battlefield, etc.), instead use the platforms to your advantage (wavelanding) so you can get around your opponent. Dont let them box you in. You tried to cape an illusion (falco's side-b) there, which isn't so advisable. Go for F-tilt instead. The cape usually just hits falco instead of turning him around, so you might as well just whack him unless you feel like getting perfect timing.

Ganon- Uh, random up-b? Also, Iwhen you DJ pill, try not to do it A) so close to ganon B) so often against ganon. I've had the awful experience of having ganon come in with Uair and gimp the sh*t out of me after a DJ pill. It's really dangerous with doc; remember our recovery blows. Later in the vid you use it a bit better, you're keeping your distance, but mostly because Luma just.. isn't moving. Dunno what his deal is. Also, try to have some movement while you DJ pill; if you can waveland, sweet, if you cant, DI a little and dont stay stationary where someone could rush in on you. As for your Fairs--I saw one really good, SHFFL'd fair in there, better than I could have done. Alot of the others are FJ'd and DJ'd. While this can work and is often a great way to mix up your game, it seems like your'e using these kinda inappropriately, like you think you're ganon or something. Remember doc's reach isn't so hot, and coming down on someone from FJ with a fair is usually kinda punishable. Keep your fairs quick, and try to prelude them with something so your opponent isn't ready to deal with them. They're better as a finisher than a starter, i think.

Aight thats it for now, hope this is a bit better.

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
yeah that's what I waited for, thank u dude !!
I gonna make many things better next time (this weekend tho ^^)
and we gonna upload some of that stuff juz to show u, what u and 1 week training had done to me !! =D

I hope u r up for some smooth doc-action next week dude !! =D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Got milk? ;3 Nice, I'll watch these vids soon. : D

Oracle

Smash Master
WTF @ lots of random up b's

Other than that, I really like your doc. Try to mix up your pill spamming. Move around during your dj pills. I like to pill, DJ pill while moving forward, and then approach, as the opponent now has two pills coming at them.

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
yeah yeah as I said, my first time playing doc =D
maybe I've to add, that I never did put much effort in smash, so my techskill is really limited
and random Up-B's happen cuz of my technical incompetence AND juz cuz people make mistakes =D
I do lots of mistakes, Luma does lesser(and he's about 10 times better than me xD)

That up-B's where product of using the Controll-Stick to fulljump while pressing B to spam pills ^^

well, I gonna mix up my pill game !! =D
and my techskill too maybe ^^

dunno if u guyz have seen any of my older uploaded matches (normally I'm a Peach-main ^^)
if u watch some u'll see what I mean sayin' "My techskill is limited" -.-*
(milkman(Peach) vs. AE.(Fox))

Gea

Smash Master
Speed up your game and don't be so blindly offensive. Dash dance more even if you aren't going to go for them. Make a habit of always trying to fastfall and waveland unless the situation calls for something else. Get off the edge by ledgedashing instead of sh fairing every time (or try sh dair or jumping from the ledge, etc. Mix it up).

Use tilts more and bait them to come to you. I get the feeling you are trying to play as fast as you can instead of playing at your own pace. Your move choice is pretty basic (if they are in front of you, you fair at them, etc) Just practice dash dancing and wavelanding until you don't have to think about it.

Your blind agression gets you killed easily near the edge.

Top Bottom