• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raptor Boost Cancel

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Alright, so I understand that there is a way to cancel Captain Falcon's Raptor Boost. Not entirely canceling the move, but to prevent Falcon from experiencing any ending lag during gameplay. Does anyone have instructions on how to perform this? Side+b, no ending lag.

And if there is a way to cancel Falcon's side+b, that'd be helpful too.

(And sorry if theres already been a post on this, but I couldn't find it anywhere on the Falcon forums. xD)

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Just Jump and quickly press SideB. You'll do a SMALL shorthop and an instant Raptor Boost that'll have no landing lag.

There was a thread about this not too long ago.

And as far as I know, there's no way to cancel the Raptor Boost.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Just Jump and quickly press SideB. You'll do a SMALL shorthop and an instant Raptor Boost that'll have no landing lag.

There was a thread about this not too long ago.

And as far as I know, there's no way to cancel the Raptor Boost.
Yeah there is, actually hit your opponent. It's useless otherwise....

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
SH Raptor Boost is next to useless. But you can kind of cancel the aerial Raptor Boost by doing the following:

1. Hang off a ledge.
2. Drop down.
3. Immediately Double Jump towards the ledge
4. Immediately initiate a Wall Jump
5. While Falcon is still "clinging" to the wall (read: Before he's in the air), Raptor Boost away from the ledge.

What should happen is Falcon puts his glowing hand up right where the ledge is. It starts the Raptor Boost animation, but his auto-snap frames kick in again right before he leaves, so he just grabs the ledge instead of dashing out. It's decently hard to do, but you can use it to mindgame your opponent into thinking you're going for a Raptor Boost spike and bait an airdodge. Plus, if you hold down on the joystick, the auto-snap won't take effect, and your fake Raptor Boost turns into a real one. Yay, mindgames.

I call it the Raptor Fake.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yes, I know the short hop Raptor Boost is pretty good for mindgames as well, but the fact that if it does hit an opponent, item, or projectile, it doesn't do any damage whatsoever. It is considered a cancel, more than an actual hit. Nonetheless, it IS pretty easy to connect a jab barrage to.

As for that Raptor Fake out, I've never attempted that yet. I'll need to it when I get back to the wii. It sounds very useful for people who aren't expecting it. Mindgames, for the win.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah there is, actually hit your opponent. It's useless otherwise....
The only problem with this is that if you connect with your opponent, they wont be sent upward, as this "aerial" raptor boost will just punch them into the stage.

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
Well, if you do it RIGHT after you jump... Your punching animation will start when you get close enough to the opponent, but you'll land before the punch actually connects. It could count as a cancel I guess... But you end up right in front of your opponent... Pretty useless.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
I think SH raptor boost is a very deadly downspike acutally considering it's one of the strongest in the game, good idea though with the cancel. I have alot of challengers that often like to jump of and finish me off when I'm off the stage and so they approach, and when the time is right there goes an unexpected result.... hahahah it's really fun getting their hopes up when their the one going to die. Raptor Boost spikes live on!

Top Bottom