• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rank the 5 Smash (fighter) franchises you have spent the most time playing

Dan

Smash Lord
Feel free to include any standout titles.

1. Mario - 64, Sunshine, Odyssey, World, Bros. 2, Kart, Party, Maker, RPG, Paper

2. Pokémon - Red/Blue, Yellow, Diamond/Pearl

3. Donkey Kong - Country, self-titled GB game

4. Zelda - OoT

5. Yoshi - Island

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
1. :ultlink: Legend of Zelda, easily. I have beaten every game in the main series and have 100%'d about three quarters of them. Top 5 would probably be Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, Breath of the Wild, Twilight Princess and Wind Waker.
2. :ultmario: Super Mario. Have beaten most of the main games, but I always go back to SMB3, 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, Galaxy 2, 3D World, Odyssey, the first three Mario and Luigi games, and the first three Paper Mario games.
3. :ultsonic: Sonic The Hedgehog. Have also beaten every game in the main series, along with a ton of the spinoffs. But most of my time goes to Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Generations, and Sonic Mania.
4. :ultmarth: Fire Emblem. Have played and beaten all of the North american released games, and have also beaten Binding Blade, and Genealogy of the Holy War. But the two games I spend the most time on are Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.
5.:ultsnake: Metal Gear. Have beaten every mainline game, but I've played through MGS2 and 3 the most. I've also sunken a ton of hours into Phantom Pain.

Here's some more for fun.

6.:ultness: Mother - Mother 2 and Mother 3
7. :ultsimon: Castlevania - Castlevania 1 and 3, Super Castlevania 4, Rondo of Blood, Bloodlines, Symphony of the Night
8. :ultsamus: Metroid - Super Metroid, Metroid Prime 1, 2 and 3, Fusion, Samus Returns
9. :ultdk: Donkey Kong - DKC 1 and 2, DK64, Diddy Kong Racing, Tropical Freeze
10. :ultfox: Star Fox - 64, Adventures, Assault

If we were counting Smash Bros. itself as a series, it'd probably be between Zelda and Mario.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
5. :ultdk:
- Donkey Kong 64
4. :ultpokemontrainer:
- Pokémon Diamond and Pearl
- Pokémon Black and White
3. :ultlink:
- Ocarina of Time
- Majora's Mask
- Breath of the Wild
2. :ultkirby:
- Kirby Air Ride
- Kirby Squeak Squad
- Kirby Superstar Ultra
- Kirby Mass Attack
1. :ultmario:
- Super Mario Bros
- Super Mario Bros Lost Levels
- Super Mario Bros 2
- Super Mario Bros 3
- Super Mario World
- New Super Mario Bros
- New Super Mario Bros Wii
- New Super Mario Bros 2
- New Super Mario Bros U
- New Super Luigi U
- Super Mario Maker
- Super Mario 64
- Super Mario Sunshine
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Super Mario Kart
- Mario Kart 64
- Mario Kart Double Dash
- Mario Kart DS
- Mario Kart Wii
- Mario Kart 7
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Mario Party 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9
- Luigi's Mansion
- Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
5. :ultmario: - I was big into Mario as a kid. While I might not be nearly as much of a fan now, the playtime I garnered then still holds true. [Standout Title - New Super Mario Bros.]
4. :ultkirby: - Even though I haven't played some of the standout titles (stop being so damn expensive Air Ride), I still love Kirby. [Standout Title - Kirby Super Star Ultra]
3. :ultpikachu: - Could you guess? [Standout Title - Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum]
2. :ultsimon: - And now we get into third parties! I've only got into Castlevania in recent years, but it ticks off all the gameplay and aesthetic points for me perfectly. [Standout Title - Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night]
1. :ultsnake: - I've played this series a lot. I even have 88 hours in my least favourite game in the series, Phantom Pain. Needless to say, this is my most played series in Smash. Just a shame about it only having one rep. [Standout Title - Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker]

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Also listing the games a remember particularly playing for a while as well

1. Fire Emblem - Awakening, Fates, Echoes
2. Mario - Odyssey, Kart Double Dash, Kart DS
3. Zelda - BotW, Twilight Princess
4. Animal Crossing - GC, Wild World, New Leaf
5. Splatoon - 1 & 2

Last edited:

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
I’ve played more games from these series, but I consider these my most memorable/favorite.

1. Street Fighter: Alpha 2, V.

2. Super Mario: 64, 3D World, Land 2, NSMB2 and U, Kart 7.

3. Sonic the Hedgehog: Sonic CD, 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure DX.

4. Pokémon: SoulSilver, Black.

5. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Link’s Awakening, Four Swords Anniversary Edition.

Last edited:

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
5: :ultkirby:
Nightmare in Dreamland and Amazing Mirror
4: :ultdk:
The three original Donkey Kong Country games and 64
3: :ultsamus:
All of them as far as I am aware, except Corruption (unfortunately), and Other M (not unfortunately) .
2: :ultpikachu:
Ruby through Black
1: :ultsnake:
Pretty much nonstop either watching my sister play when I was 4 years old up until I beat Phantom Pain on my own. Snake is my boy and always will be, and is an integral part of my upbringing.

Honorable mention: :ultike:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
5. :ultpit:- Kid Icarus, Kid Icarus Uprising
4. :ultpokemontrainer: - Pokemon Emerald, Diamond, Black, X and Y
3. :ultmario: - Super Mario Bros. 1-3, Super Mario World, New Super Mario Bros. DS, Wii, Wii U; Super Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1 and 2
2. :ultmegaman: - Mega Man 1-3, 7, 8, 10, 11, Mega Man Powered Up, Mega Man X 1-8, Maverick Hunter X, Mega Man Zero 1-4, Mega Man ZX Advent
1. :ultlink: - All of the games (officially released by Nintendo, of course)

Of course, I've played more Mega Man games than I have Zelda games, but when you consider how short each MM game is in comparison to a Zelda game, it's obvious which one I've spent the most time in.

Last edited:

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
1) Super Mario - NSMBWii, Mariokart Wii, Galaxy 1 and 2, Super Paper Mario, Mariokart 7, Mariokart 8, Odyssey
2) Pokemon - X/Y, OR/AS, S/M
3) Xenoblade - 1, X, 2
4) Kirby - Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, Robobot, Star Allies
5) Animal Crossing - City Folk, New Leaf
Honorable mention: Street Fighter (I never even owned any of them because I was never allowed to, but I would play it all the time at my friend’s house)

In case you can’t tell, my very first console was the Wii, and therefore it holds a ton of nostalgic value to me.

Ronster87

Ronnie
NNID
Ronster87
Switch FC
7787-7027-5981
7. :ultryu: SF2 was one of my most played multiplayer childhood games with my buddies
6. :ultsamus: Played Super Metroid a ton on my SNES back in the day
5. :ultdk: Primarily the DKC games, and DKC2 in particular
4. :ultmegaman: All of them, but had the most fun with Mega Man X and X2 which I've replayed countless times
3. :ultlink: Missed a few between Wind Waker and BOTW (both of which I've completed), but definitely spent the most time on LttP and OoT
2. :ultcloud: So much time spent on FF in the 90s. Played them all up to X, spent by far the most time on VI and VII. Mystic Quest is also special to me despite most people disliking it
1. :ultmario: Nothing will ever top this. First game I ever played, and spent countless hours on this series over the years. Mario 1, 3, World, 64 are the ones I've replayed over and over, but I've gone through more Mario games than I can remember (Paint, Kart, Paper, RPG, Tennis, Golf, 3D World, New, Sunshine, Galaxy, Odyssey etc)

Last edited:

GhostYB

Smash Apprentice
5. :ultlink: i havent played ALL the zelda games but i've beaten the ones ive played completely. mostly the 3d ones other than skyward sword (played it never beat it) ive played a few 2d zelda like the ones from the snes, but thats as far as it goes.
4. :ultryu: street fighter is my baby. its my 2nd most played fighting game franchise other than smash. i havent played the earlier ones like sf 1 and 2 too much, but ive spent so many hours on the newer ones. like sfv.
3. :ultmegaman: ive played all the classic megaman games and beaten half. 1-10. i have yet to play megaman 11 but im so excited to get into it. never really gotten into spinoffs or the x series though.
2. :ultmario: this actually isnt my most played franchise. yes ive played and beaten all the games and probably know all of his game like the back of my hand but ive never really spent more than 10 hours one game. my favorite mario game ever is super mario galaxy.
1. :ultsonic: no competition here. sonic will ALWAYS be my favorite franchise and video game character. i own all his games and i grew up with him. i have so many merch and even have exclusive music track purchased. ive played ALLLLL of his games for so many hours.. my favorite game of all time is sonic mania and i speedrun it to this day. before that was s3&k

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
5. :ultlink: Haven't beat any of them because I don't have enough time to get fully inveseted but I have played quite a bit over the years. Standout Title: Breath of the Wild
4. :ultkirby: Played a lot of the older ones but only beat Epic Yarn, Return to Dream Land and Star Allies. Really need to play the 3DS ones. Standout Title: Return to Dream Land
3. :ultvillager: Played every single one growing up and put way too much time into these games. Standout Title: New Leaf
2. :ultpikachu: Been playing since Diamond and have played the majority of titles since then and beaten most too. I also went back to play the older ones. Standout Title: Platinum
1. :ultmario: I have played Mario for as long as I can remember and beaten the majority of the main line games and played a ton of spin-offs. Standout Title: Super Mario Galaxy 2

Honourable Mentions would probably go to Donkey Kong and Splatoon. I really need to play more franchises.

EpicSonicLatios

Smash Apprentice
1. Splatoon: I have nearly 3,000 hours in splatoon 2 alone as a competitive player in that game.
2. Pokemon: Platinum, Black and Black 2, Y and Omega Ruby, also sun and Ultra sun but wasn't into those as much. Reached max play time on both Black and Black 2.
3. Mario: 64, Sunshine, paper mario (Original and TTYD), odyssey, 3D world, mario party and basically every mario kart, mario tennis and super sluggers
4. Donkey Kong: I 100%ed DKC returns, also played DK 64 and the one on SNES (Can't remember the name)
5. Zelda: Didn't get that into it but I played Twilight princess, Wind waker, and four swords

Khao

Smash Lord
1. The Legend of Zelda:
Probably my favorite gaming series of all time. I've played and beaten every single official game in the franchise (with the exception of Triforce Heroes, which I refuse to play in single-player/online because **** that), and there's several games I've also either fully 100%, beaten more than once, or beaten with certain ridiculous challenging conditions. Standout titles? Honestly all of them. I can't choose favorites because I like just about every game for different reasons. Every game has their own unique strengths and weaknesses, which is also a reason why the series is so unique as a whole. The vast majority of games follow a similar structure to the point you could describe them as being identical if you simplify them enough. But they're each ridiculously different in excecution. I just love this series, man.

2. Super Mario Bros:
Been a huge Mario fan since I was a kid. But I'm mostly referring to the mainline platformers, as I'm not that interested in the spin-offs beyond a casual "I guess I might check that game out" type of attitude, with the possible exception of Mario Kart. Either way, the Mario platformers are absolutely some of the best in the industry, and they almost always provide an experience that no other game can match by the time they're released. I like both "types" of Mario games, but I'm more of a fan of the 3D, exploration-based games like 64, Sunshine and Odyssey. Here's a bit of a contradiction though, cause I'd say my favorite Mario game is Galaxy.

3. Metroid:
Metroid, man. This is also a series I've played to death. I think the only game I haven't beaten at least once is Prime Hunters. Oh, and the original, which I find borderline unplayable today. Love the rest of the series though. Super Metroid is still to this day probably the finest examples of a well-designed Metroidvania, with its interconnected world and the powerups that naturally guide you through it without limiting you to one path alone. I think this is the only Nintendo franchise I prefer in its 2D form than its 3D. Don't get me wrong, all 3 Prime games are also fantastic, but there's simply something special about the 2D games that the Primes just can't capture. I'd say Other M actually came close in some ways, but it fell flat in so many others that they'll probably never try a similar style ever again, which I think is kind of a shame, 'cause it had a lot of untapped potential ruined by completely moronic decisions.

4. Mega Man:
I'm actually more of a recent fan of this thing. I've obviously known the series most of my life, because who the **** becomes a gamer without at least hearing about Mega Man. But I only truly started exploring the series... Wait it was 7 years ago what the **** that's not that recent. Aaaaaaaaaaanyway, the thing is, I played every game in the classic, X and Zero series in a matter of months when I previously hadn't "truly" played any of them. It was an amazing ride and, no joke, I think it changed me as a person. Might sound a little bit dramatic when I say it like that, but it's true. I knew I was interested in game development since I was in high-school, where I spent a ton of time making ****ty games in my free time. But Mega Man is the series that actually made me way more passionate about game design in general due to its simple but imaginative levels, and extremely well-crafted boss battles that are still absolutely ****ing golden as reference material for battles in any kind of genre. Shortly after playing Mega Man, I created my own fan-game, which was the first game I actually managed to complete. And it was actually mildly successful, which is something that surprises me to this very day, haha. Either way, that game just told me that I ****ing have what it takes and it kickstarted my game development journey.... Though after four years of success I got into a bit of a hole that's gonna be difficult to get out of, haha. Hahaha... Haaaa... Hawww. this is my dream damnit I'm not gonna give up.

5. Pokémon, I guess?:
Yeah, I got kind of a weird relationship with Pokémon right now. It's the series I wish I still loved as much as I did when I was a kid. And oh, boy, I've tried to love it. I've played the first three generations to death, and that was probably the peak of my interest. I took a break with gens 4 and 5, mostly because I got a DS waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to late into its lifetime, and also because Pokémon Battle Revolution was the ****tiest pile of dissapointment I've ever had the displeasure of playing, and it just temporarily killed my interest in the series. I got back into the series with XY, because it seemed to be a pretty decent improvement over the old games. And it was!... Graphically. Otherwise, it was the same at its best. I got Sun afterwards, because it seemed to be making bold changes to the formula, but every single change it made was for the worst, and the game got way too ****ing tutorial heavy to the point that 90% of the story was explaining gameplay mechanics and I just can't deal with that ****. Sun remains unfinished in my shelf, and for now, I'm done with the series until they manage to create a game that seems to be an actual evolution to the classic formula. Having a game that actually lets you play it would be nice too. Let's Go actually does seem to have a few interesting ideas and some massive QoL improvements, but a remake is not what I'm looking for. I want Pokémon to grow. The next generation might save the series for me, but if it doesn't... I might just stop giving a **** about it.

These pharagraps got longer and longer so I'm gonna leave it at that, haha.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
1, :ultmario: Between Mario Odyssey, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Bros. 2, Every Mario Kart, Every Mario Tennis, Every Mario Party, All the New Super Mario Bros (bar New Super Mario Bros 2), Mario Sports Mix(very underrated), Paper Mario 64, Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, Mario & Luigi Partners in Time, Super Mario RPG, Mario Strikers(both games), Mario Maker, Super Mario Land, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Golf 64, Mario Sluggers and if they count Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Wario's Woods(Toad is the protagonist but Wario gets the billing, is it a Mario or Wario game?), Super Princess Peach and the Luigi Mansion games I feel I can say with confidence that the Mario-verse has taken up a substantional chunk of my video game life...and I absolutely love it. My only regret is not giving Galaxy 1 and 2 a fair go.

2. :ultpikachu:The only real contender for the crown, I was obsessed with Pokemon from the age of 10 to maybe 28. I played every major game release up until the Gen 3 remakes as the mainline games were becoming a bit repetitive for me. Ironically I seem to have given up just as they finally changed the formula with Pokemon Sun and Moon, but I'm over collecting them all now. Managed to complete nearly every game's pokedex...think I burnt myself out.
Outside the main games I also played both Pokeparks(cute games), Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Ranger, Pokemon Stadium, XD, Colosseum, at least one major Mystery Dungeon game, Pokken and was addicted to Pokemon Go up until the Gen 3 release when my phone just couldn't handle it anymore.
Ironically Gen 3 was the height of my addiction with Emerald being my most played game.

3. :ultsonic: Growing up I was a Sega kid not a Nintendo one...Smash 64 was actually what made me do the jump. I thought it was an incredible concept. Tails was the first ever video game character I played as and I still hold him and Sonic dear to my heart even if their games are far more hit and miss than any of the others on this list.

4. :ultlink: Nowhere near as avid a Zelda player as I am of the other three but between Wind Waker, Four Sword Adventures, Minish Cap, Hyrule Warriors, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and now Breath of the Wild I've played more hours of Zelda than any other Smash franchise.

5. A toss up between :ultyoshi::ultwario::ultdk: and :ultkirby:
If Wario's Woods counts as a Wario game despite him not being the protagonist then that'll put Wario ahead by a fair margin as I was addicted to that puzzle game.
If not Yoshi probably has the edge but it's too close to call for me. I got into DK and Kirby late(like Wii era onwards late) but they're both played a lot by me these days

5. Pokémon, I guess?:
Yeah, I got kind of a weird relationship with Pokémon right now. It's the series I wish I still loved as much as I did when I was a kid. And oh, boy, I've tried to love it. I've played the first three generations to death, and that was probably the peak of my interest. I took a break with gens 4 and 5, mostly because I got a DS waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to late into its lifetime, and also because Pokémon Battle Revolution was the ****tiest pile of dissapointment I've ever had the displeasure of playing, and it just temporarily killed my interest in the series. I got back into the series with XY, because it seemed to be a pretty decent improvement over the old games. And it was!... Graphically. Otherwise, it was the same at its best. I got Sun afterwards, because it seemed to be making bold changes to the formula, but every single change it made was for the worst, and the game got way too ****ing tutorial heavy to the point that 90% of the story was explaining gameplay mechanics and I just can't deal with that ****. Sun remains unfinished in my shelf, and for now, I'm done with the series until they manage to create a game that seems to be an actual evolution to the classic formula. Having a game that actually lets you play it would be nice too. Let's Go actually does seem to have a few interesting ideas and some massive QoL improvements, but a remake is not what I'm looking for. I want Pokémon to grow. The next generation might save the series for me, but if it doesn't... I might just stop giving a **** about it.
I relate to every single part of this section. For a game series about evolution, Pokemon is ironically stagnant. I guess you could argue Mario, Zelda, etc are too but they always include some unique twist to keep the game fresh which is something I feel Pokemon has missed out on. Hoping Let's Go saves it for me by being just different enough gameplay wise.

Last edited:

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
:ultpikachu:There are a lot of Pokemon games, and the series is intentionally time-consuming, so of course this is the top spot.
:ultmario: Mario takes the second cause of, ironically, speedruns. I have a lot of hours played just learning tricks in SM64 and Odyssey... oh and there are a ton of good Mario games I've played.
:ultsnake: The Metal Gear franchise (not counting Survive) is one of the greatest series of games I've ever played. Many hours played in all the games, especially V.
:ultlink:
:ultmegaman:

Last edited:

Justin Allen Goldschmidt

Smash Journeyman
1. Pokemon, by far, from when I was a kid (still play a little bit)

2. Mario

3. Starfox /probably/

4. Legend of Zelda /possibly tied with Starfox/

5. Fire Emblem

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
1. I have over 250 hours into BotW, so Zelda

2. Mario. I have spent countless hours playing Mario titles and spinoffs

3. Kirby. Same as Mario, just not as many hours.

4. Probably Splatoon

5. Probably Yoshi.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
1. :ultmario: - Have played every game in the main series as well as almost every Mario spin-off. You name a Mario spin-off title I've probably played it/owned it at some point. Super Mario World was one of the 3 games I played as a kid that launched my gaming habit. Favorite mainline Mario games: Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 3D Land. Favorite Mario spin-offs: Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario Kart 8: Deluxe, Mario Party 2, Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, Mario Strikers Charged, Mario Super Sluggers, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour.

2. :ultsonic: - Just like Mario I have played almost every Sonic game imaginable (for better or for worse). Sonic 2 along with Super Mario World and DKC were the games I grew up with and started my gaming hobby. I've played everything from 2D Sonic, 3D Sonic, Olympics, all the different racers, Sonic the Fighters, etc. I still play Sonic games to this day even if I should know better but my nostalgia overtakes me everytime. Favorite Sonic games: Sonic 2, Sonic 3&K, Sonic Mania, Sonic Generations, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2 (even if both Adventures haven't aged well).

3. :ultdk: - Like Sonic & Mario I have played every DK game. DK is my favorite series Nintendo makes. Reason why it isn't higher is because DK doesn't get games as much as Mario and Sonic do. Favorite DK games: DKC, DKC2. DK: Tropical Freeze, NPC: DKJB, Diddy Kong: Racing, and DKCR. DK64 use to be on this list and while I'll always love it due to nostalgia (first game I've ever 100%) it hasn't aged well and is quite frankly both a bore and a chore to replay nowadays. Barrel Blast is a guilty pleasure of mine.

4. :ultlink: - Zelda is a series I enjoy but don't love. I didn't grow up on it like the previous 3. I didn't start playing Zelda until after Brawl came out. My first Zelda game was Twilight Princess. I loved it so I went on Wii VC and did a massive catch up. The only Zelda games I haven't played are Skyward Sword, Spirit Tracks, and Four Swords Adventure. I've played the others but haven't beat many of them. My favorite Zelda games are: Twilight Princess, Breath of the Wild (my favorite Zelda), Majora's Mask 3D, and A Link to the Past. I also really enjoy Hyrule Warriors as well as Link's Crossbow Training.

5. :ultsamus: - Metroid like Zelda is a series I didn't start playing until after Brawl came out. I bought Prime 3: Corruption and loved it so just like Zelda I went back and did a "refresh" of what was available on VC. Which at the time was just Super and NES Metroid. I loved Super, NES Metroid is....Meh. My favorite Metroid games are: Prime 3: Corruption, Metroid: Other M, Super Metroid, and Metroid Fusion.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Not entirely sure how accurate this will be but I’ll try my best

:ultpikachu: - Every generation since the beginning except I skipped Sinnoh (still played Johto in Gen 4 though). Since they’re RPGs I’m thinking this is the most accurate.

:ultmario: - Most of the main games and a lot of the spinoffs, Mario Kart probably the most out of anything

:ultmiifighters: - A ton of Wii Sports with family and friends, some Wii Play and Fit

:ultryu: - Haven’t owned a lot of games in the series myself, but played a ton in the arcades; I’ll count Marvel vs Capcom in with these too

:ultgnw: - This one I’m not as sure about but I remember playing an unhealthy amount of Game and Watch Gallery 1+2 on the Game Boy. And I guess Game Boy Camera counts too :)

Honorable mentions: :ultsonic::ultkirby::ultvillager:

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
:ultpokemontrainer:-Played too many randomizers for this not to be top 1.
:ultlink:-Same as above. I'm not actually sure which I've put more time into, though outside of randomizers Zelda is my #1. ALttP, OoT, Majora, BotW.
:ultmario:-SMB3, Mario 64, Odyssey, and Sunshine to a lesser extent
:ultike:-May not have played a lot of Fire Emblem as a whole but I have put a TON of time into Ike's games.
Battle between :ultdk:and :ultsonic:for the 5th spot.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
5. :ultvillager: - I played City Folk on my Wii for many years after first getting it, and ditto for New Leaf. These games are just great time sinks.
4. :ultkirby: - Who knows how much I played Squeak Squad on my DS as a kid. Add that onto the recent Kirby games, and I've spent a surprising amount of time with this series.
3. :ultlink: - One of my favorite game series ever, it's not surprising I've spent a lot of time with these games. I've played and beaten every 3D game, and couple 2D ones, too.

And for the last two, I'm not going to bother choosing. They're both close.
:ultmario: - Another favorite series of mine, the sheer number of games it has definitely puts it up above the others. I don't think I could name every Mario game I've played.
:ultpikachu: - The other contender, Pokemon had been by side since childhood. I spent hundreds of hours on my copy of Pearl version as a kid, and even more hours on my copy of Y, breeding Pokemon like a madman.

Last edited:

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
5: :ultcloud: I've played most of the mainline games, except for XI, XIV and XV, and some of the spinoffs, mainly Dissidia. I've also replayed I, IV, VI, VII, IX and X several times, and I plan to buy the Switch versions of VII, IX, XII and maaaaybe X when they come out. Anyway, it's a big series full of really long, content-packed games so I don't doubt I've sunk a ton of time into it.

4: :ultmarth: I've played every single game in the mainline series, except for the original version of 3, multiple times. Each individual playthrough may not last that long, but they add up. I think I've replayed my most played games in this series about 10 times at this point. (FE6 and FE7)

3: :ultmario: I've played virtually every mainline game and I don't even remember how many spinoffs at this point. Either way, it's a lot! I haven't spent as much time with many individual games in this series as much as the others, except maybe Sunshine and 64, but I've played such a huge number of Mario games that even the ones I haven't spent much time with/replayed adds up quickly.

2: :ultyounglink: I've played every mainline game in the series except for Four Swords Adventures and Tri-Force Heroes, and I've played most of them several times, to 100% completion. I'm not sure if I've actually sunk more hours into Zelda than Mario, but it's certainly the series that sticks in my mind more. The only mainline game I have a concrete gauge on how much I've played is Breath of the Wild, which on its own stands at 375 hours... I've also sunk a cumulative 700 or so hours into the three releases of Hyrule Warriors. For the rest of the games? I don't even know, haha. A lot.

1: :ultpikachu: I've been playing Pokemon since Red/Blue when I was 5 years old, and I've never stopped. I don't even want to think about how many thousands of hours I've poured into this series since my childhood... and how many hundreds more I will when Gen 8 hits the shelves, ahaha.

Last edited:

Impax

Smash Apprentice
Theres a big drop off from the top 3. Honorable mentions are also pretty close to #5.

Honorable mentions:ultsonic::ultvillager::ultbayonetta::ultfox::ultkirby::ultolimar:

5. :ultwiifittrainer: Wii Fit series - best guess for #5. I own all three games and have put considerable time in them over the years.
4 :ultdiddy:DK - I grew up on these games. Played the first two country games, DK 64, Diddy Kong Rscing, and the wii donkey Kong game.
3. :ultshulk: Xenoblade- Beat 1 multiple times. Beat 2. I'm currently working through Torna. While I didn't beat X I've still put like 30 hours into it. I just didnt care for difference in design philosophy from 1.
2 ) :ultjigglypuff: Pokemon - played a bunch of red and yellow growing up. Also beat gold, pokemon snap, trading card game (on gb). Since then I've played let's go, pokemon go, moon and pokken.
1) :ultdaisy: - Mario series. 1 and 2 are close. But Mario has so many spin offs that I've sunk time in. Mario Kart 64, mario kart 8, mario tennis aces, Mario party, Mario strikers etc. Of the mainline entries I've spent the most time on 64 and galaxy.

Last edited:

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
:ultisabelle:- Almost 400 hours in ACNL alone
:ultinkling: - Almost 500 hours in Splatoon 2
:ultlink:- About 150 hours in BotW, played most other Zelda games
:ultbayonetta: - Over 100 hours in Bayo 1, about 80 in Bayo 2
:ultpokemontrainer:- Not sure how many hours, but after playing through almost every gen, some multiple times, I'm sure it's up there.

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
1.:ultbowser::ultpeach:

I've played Super Mario Bros, (1, 2, and 3), Super Mario on Wii, Galaxy 1 and 2, Sunshine, 64, Partys like 1-7 or 8. Mario Kart for every console between 64 and Switch besides Wii U. A Tennis game, a golf game, a soccer game, and a couple baseball games. Paper Mario 1-3. Lots of Mario and Co. Pretty much played a Mario game with every friend, family member, or temp family member (inlaws) that came along. Mario and Co were a large part of my childhood.

HM - :ultluigi:
I played Luigi's Mansion like 8-11 times through. I loved it. I had a save file with all the bronze portraits, one with all silver, and one with all gold. I did a speed run. I really got addicted to it. I dislike them steering away from the portrait ghosts in the second game and didn't play it. Though I did feel bad about imprisoning some ghosts like the weight lifter or dancing couple since they weren't dangerous unless provoked. Ones like the baby, grandma, and painter were obviously threats though.

2.:ultgreninja::ultincineroar:
I've played one of the versions of every main line Pokemon game besides the Gen 3 remakes and Ultra S/M alongside spins off like Rumble, Go, Snap, and that game with the Asian warriors cross over from ugh... Samurai Warriors I think. One of those fans that loves stuff from every Gen and looks down on nostalgic fans. For many, they're simply getting older, pickier, and more bored with everything than the series actually being any worse. I played Gold with my mother (who played Silver) back when it came out and she was the type to 100% the pokedex and literally own every Pokemon and evolution and kept at it till like Diamond and Pearl. So it's pretty special to me as a series.

3.:ultsonic:
Wasn't sure whether to put this one above Pikmin or below. On one hand, I played many Sonic games growing up with my sister like 1-3 and the 3D world one where you had to free the animals in the robots to complete the levels. I also played a ton of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and raised many Chao. However all games afterwards didn't peak my interest nearly as much and several weren't finished. I feel the Chao Garden and raising probably beats out Pikmin even though I'm a lot more likely to grind Pikmin 4 (or 3 if I ever decide to go back for a Wii U) than actually play much more Sonic since the series flops more often than not now.

4.:ultolimar:
I love this series and Pikmin 3 was the biggest push for me to get a Wii U alongside Smash 4 that never came to light cause I fell out of console gaming for a bit. The dark reality of life/death paired with the beautiful and imaginative world and setting is a master piece. While I only played two of the games, I replayed both of them a lot. I really adore this series and am looking forward to the 4th installment. This is another series my mother kept up with and played.

5.:ultike:
Ike is Fire Emblem for me as I played only his two games. Truth be told, I disliked him in general the first time I played the game as I didn't care for him as much and he was under leveled/ a forced burden. But I replayed both PoR and RD enough to get over that and love him in the end to the point I seriously consider him the star of RD and Micaiah/Sothe to be annoying side line characters. I love the diverse cast and how they interacted. Boyd, Illyana, Titania, Kieran, Zihark, Nephenee, and Ranulf were some of my favorites. Too bad none of them have a shot and the series keeps throwing in more swordsmen as the protagonist instead of touching on all the different units.

One thing that steered me from continuing the series is how they watered down the support conversations to generic 1-2 liners compared to how they were originally really interesting interactions between the army. And another thing is my general preference to consoles/PC gaming for the larger screen,

Quite A Bit - :ultpacman::ultkirby: (These I played a decent amount of multiple games, but I feel they got beat out. I played a lot of Air Ride City Trial free roaming and making up games of tag with the Hydra or whatnot.)
Some - :ultyoshi::ultduckhunt::ultsamus::ultdk: (Most of these I played and completed 1 game of)
Little -:ultinkling::ultgnw::ultlink::ultfox::ultdoc::ultwario::ultmegaman::ultcloud: (Most of these I played some of one game)
Never played - :ultlittlemac::ultisabelle::ultness::ultryu::ultsnake::ultbayonetta::ultrichter::ulticeclimbers::ultshulk::ultwiifittrainer::ultpit::ultfalcon::ultrob: (Some I do have some interest in, like Punch Out and Kid Icarus)

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
1. :ultpikachu: X, XD, the entire Mystery Dungeon franchise are prolly my most memorable Pokemon titles

2. :ultmarth: Blazing Blade and Awakening are my favorites, though I've played every one released Stateside

3. :ultmario: 64 and Sunshine are my favorites and I hope to see an HD remaster of 64 someday.

4. :ulttoonlink: Phantom Hourglass and Twilight Princess

5. :ultkirby: Squeak Squad is my favorite, no contest here.

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
This is a fun idea! My list will probably be a bit basic though... These are obviously all approximations, but I'd guess my list is as such:

1.:ultmewtwo: Surprise! I'm sure no one else put Pokemon as their number 1. Nope. I'm definitely unique. But seriously Pokemon is by far the series I've spent the most time with. Not much to say really, just that I'm a little obsessed with Pokemon and I chose the Mewtwo icon because I figuredeveryone would use Pikachu.

2. :ultyounglink: So next up is definitely The Legend of Zelda. Not really close. LoZ is my favorite gaming franchise of all time (barring perhaps Smash itself), and it only really loses to Pokemon here because there tends to be more for me to do post game in Pokemon games. But Pokemon is very much up there in terms of faves as well.

3. :ultpiranha: Not a whole lot to say here, but Super Mario is definitely up next. Being that my first Nintendo home console was an N64, I am definitely more partial to the 3D mario games, but I've played, and enjoyed, most Mario games regardless. If spin off titles count (like Mario Kart), then this entry may have to pass up Zelda as well. But that would make me sad. lol

4. :ultdiddy:So I've specifically chosen Diddy here, this time for a reason. I've played DKC games, and I enjoy them, but as far as hour spent on them (perhaps barring DK64) this franchise wouldn't really rank all that highly. That is, unless you count Diddy Kong Racing. Oh my God do I love that game. I still pull it out every once in a while and play it to this day. I've logged so many hours into that game alone that this series is likely number 4 and I just want nothing more than another entry at this point (I'm hoping that Star Fox Grand Prix rumor is true and that that game scratches this itch).

5. :ultcloud: And last up for me is FF. I'm counting this as FF in general btw, not as just FF7 as otherwise it wouldn't really stand a chance. But I digress. I likely deviate from a lot of you here given that this is a pretty Nintendo centric board, but I've clocked a lot of hours into Final Fantasy over the years. And oh man I can't wait until I can play them all over again on the Switch. Ugh, so exciting. Also, I don't care what anyone says, Final Fantasy 9 is a masterpiece and it is the best game in the whole damn series. Fight me!

washyrose670

Smash Apprentice
1.:ultpeach::ultpiranha::ultrosalina::ultmario::ultluigi::ultdaisy::ultdoc:I’ve definitely played the Mario franchise most overall; Mario Kart 64, Parties 1 2 and 3, 64 Tennis, RPG, 64, 3D World, Sunshine, SPP, GB Dr Mario and SNES Bros 2. Bought Super Mario Party while stoner shopping. Played once. Still have yet to finish Odyssey. Loved 64, not sure why I’m disinterested. Loved Luigi’s Mansion, actually very excited for the Switch title. Probably have missed a few.

2. :ultyoshi: Yoshi’s Story. Memberberries.

3. :ultlink::ultzelda:I bought Studio Ghibli’s BOTW, played once all the way through. Beat Ganon. Not a completionist. Also OoT and Dynasty Hyrule Warriors.

4. :ultkirby: Crystal Shards and Nightmare in Dreamland.

5. :ultwiifittrainer:I think my mother had a WiiFit.

TBH I almost exclusively play Smash.
I bought a WiiU and Switch mainly so I could play Smash Bros.

I stopped playing video games after Melee and Brawl. (Except WOW and Diablo for a spell - don’t judge, Blood Elves for DLC.) Wasn’t until almost 10 years later I ended up buying the WiiU then Switch along with some random titles here and there.

Narigo1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-2763-4068
1.:ultcloud:- FFX, FFVII, FFVIII, FFVI, FFXII
2.:ultsnake:- MGS, MGS4, MGS2,
3.:ultness:-Earthbound, Mother 3
4.:ultmario:- Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Super Mario RPG
5.:ultpikachu:- Pokemon Red & Blue, Gold and Silver

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
1. :ultpokemontrainer: The majority of the main game + some spin offs here and there since Ruby and Sapphire
2. :ultmario: Various Mario Karts+some of the 2D Marios+Some of the 3D Marios... yeah I've played a decent amount.
3. :ultmegaman: I've played but never fully beaten Mega Man 2-6 and 9+10. I enjoyed it back in the day.
4. :ultlink: I've only ever beaten BOTW, but I also played through most of Wind Waker and some of Majora's Mask. BOTW is long enough that it definitely ranks up there.
5. :ultness: Played and beat Mother 2+3, which are both probably some of my favorite games of all time.

:ultpikachu: - Have replayed the first three Generations multiple times and dabbled in D/P and X and Y. Also played a ton of Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Puzzle League too. Practically grew up during the time the Pokemon franchise was at its peak, it was everywhere...literally.

:ultmario:/:ultyoshi: - Super Mario Bros 2, 3, Super Mario World, Yoshi's island and Super Mario 64, all classics, played them religiously. Add in Mario Kart and the first 4-5 Mario Parties(if they count....?) and thats a lotta Mario. I also enjoy a good game of Yoshi Touch and Go as well here and there.

:ultdk: - The original Donkey Kong Country trilogy is my favourite Nintendo series and a franchise i've sunk a lot of time into. I replay 1-3 once a year. Add in DK64, Returns and Tropical Freeze, plus a bit of the spin offs too. The latter is one of the finest modern platformers in this era.

:ultlink: - OoT, Majoras Mask, Link To The Past, BOTW, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, pretty much every mainline game i've beaten. Some titles you gravitate towards upon a replay while others just don't really grab me. - Not as many replays as DK and Pokemon.

:ultmegaman:/:ultgnw:/:ultryu: /:ultsnake:/:ultinkling: Throw a blanket over these five for fifth, played lots of Game Boy Gallery, Mega Man, SF (both console and arcade) and MGS back in the day. Splatoon 1 and 2 is a modern staple for me.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I'm not sure of the actual orden for some series... but these are the series I play the most

:ultmarth: The games I played the most are Binding Blade, Radiant Dawn and Awakening

:ultkirby: Kirby Super Star (Ultra), and Kirby Returnd to Dream Land

:ultmario: Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World and Super Mario Galaxy

:ultpikachu: Pokémon (Alpha) Sapphire and Pokemon Soul Silver

:ultlink: Ocarina of Time and Breath of the Wild

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
1.:ultpeach::ultpiranha::ultrosalina::ultmario::ultluigi::ultdaisy::ultdoc:I’ve definitely played the Mario franchise most overall; Mario Kart 64, Parties 1 2 and 3, 64 Tennis, RPG, 64, 3D World, Sunshine, SPP, GB Dr Mario and SNES Bros 2. Bought Super Mario Party while stoner shopping. Played once. Still have yet to finish Odyssey. Loved 64, not sure why I’m disinterested. Loved Luigi’s Mansion, actually very excited for the Switch title.
Probably because Odyssey isn't that great of a game and is extremely overrated...

Top Bottom