• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

random thoughts

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
I found out the exact timing of the gfsc, i can do it about 8/10 tries in a match, i'm not gonna tell you till after genesis (gotta keep an edge for a bit), but once you play a really fast moving game like guilty gear for 5 hours straight, you tend to pick up on how things work. try it and you'll find what i found

few other notes, whenever i land a headbutt below 50/above 90 i just charge dsmash and wait for the release to sweetspot it, unfortunately people just started staying there without wiggling so they get hit by the sour spot. the best way around this is by doing turn around dsmashes. the back end does not have the sour spot, so it'll always hit for top damage and ko a lot better than the normal sourspot in front. try it sometime.

jabs vacuum pull in effect sets up upb perfectly against marth, if i jab upb he usually gets stuck in the middle and takes a lot of damage. there are probably more characters you can do this to, but i haven't tested any of them. anyone tall, but not extremely fat, so it might work on snake ike and ganon if it gets them off the ground, probably works on peach, zelda, sheik, lucario and falcon, need to test

does grounded upb have unnatural hitstun or is it just me? i seem to be able to land upb to dsmash, anyone wanna test the hitstun on that?

when i was practicing the new upb trick on yoshis, i accidently sideb'd by the ledge and the sideb slid up a noticeable amount, it has never happened again though, no matter how many times i tried, anyone else ever have this happen/know why?

pokemon stadium 1 is a really fun stage for dk, good too because it has a wall + huge blastzones, why does no one cp it? its a good backup plan in case japes and luigis are banned at your tournament and the other guy bans brinstar, more stages we can use the better, someone get a list of the tricks we can do there, that way it'll be easier to use for the new dks

someone get a list of the japes/brinstar/luigis tricks too. actually, let the stage thread do it.

if we have a 1 frame advantage on most characters when they ground break from our cargo, couldn't we gfsc right afterwards to hit em? for characters with a slow jab like lucario and bowser (anything 5 frames or over would work, since gfsc takes 6) this could be quite useful

is the grab break the same 1 frame adv for everyone who is not dk/a mother character, or is 1 frame the average? because if we had a 3-5 frame advantage that would be even better, since they couldn't spotdodge it.

can you do something like dtilt - jab - dtilt - jab - something else? because dtilt sends them out, but not far, and jab pulls them back in, you'd thik it would make good strings, especially if dk mains jab canceled

thats all for now, if you have an answer to any of these, or have a question of your own, please post it here

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I always downsmash after low % headbutts. Over 90, though, I'd just punch or fsmash.

The grounded up+b's hitstun is definitely awkward. I often get grabs out of it, though I haven't tried the down smash.

I might cover Pokemon Stadium 1 after Battlefield in the stage discussion thread. I was planning on doing most of the neutrals before covering japes/luigi's/brinstar, though.

I'm fairly sure that the cargo release is a 1 frame advantage on everyone except DK/Ness/Lucas. You might be able to get various attacks after this, but I doubt anything is actually guaranteed. I made up a list of characters before who can't attack us before we up+b out of an aerial cargo release (as in, if you walk off the stage), but even then, some characters can jump away in time.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I made up a list of characters before who can't attack us before we up+b out of an aerial cargo release (as in, if you walk off the stage), but even then, some characters can jump away in time.
I've actually been using that though, and it's pretty sweet on the characters it works on.

About the GFSC though, I also have gotten the timing to where I usually hit it, but my problem is applying it. I'm still not very good at finding places to land it in matches.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I've hit people out of grounded upB with a backwards DKPunch a couple of times. Not intentionally, but I think that hitting them with the back punch is fast enough more often than not out of grounded upB to score some sexy kills.
10 wind of course.

Four Leaf

Smash Journeyman
I found out the exact timing of the gfsc, i can do it about 8/10 tries in a match, i'm not gonna tell you till after genesis (gotta keep an edge for a bit), but once you play a really fast moving game like guilty gear for 5 hours straight, you tend to pick up on how things work. try it and you'll find what i found
I'm officially in love with you for playing GG.

TheHulk

Smash Apprentice
Maybe I need to try GFSC thing in my game. For some reason, it was hard for me to land a footstool from a down tilt =I

Tujex

Smash Ace
I can ground footstool easy. It's the headbutt I always seem to miss. I guess I could just be doing this thing wrong....but I always miss my HB for some odd reason.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
you're supposed to DI back before the headbutt, when you footstool hit back and jump instead of just jump, then headbutt

EDIT:
I'm officially in love with you for playing GG.
dude i play like every fighting game ever, but I'm better at GG, 3rd strike and some of the doas though (doa4 = pick bayman and use the fancy counters, then you win)

learning blazblue right now, iron tager is too fun

Luigi player

Smash Master
Jab cancel? How do you do it? By pressing down?
Does it really help..?

GFSC is easy if you Bstick, but I love the cstick so I can't switch.

I stopped trying to learn the gfsc, because I could never footstool anyone (standing opponents in training mode)... it is really hard to see when you are at the right spot to footstool with DK... at least for me >.< the only one where it's easy is Wario... >_> I can footstool easy with other characters... but it's really hard with DK. (I just wanted to say that, I know I could probably learn it by trying it a lot, maybe I'll do that someday)

Top Bottom