• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random questions

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
What are the benefits of doing the silent laser over just a single laser? And what move of Falco's besides lasers go through the Tornado?

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
silent laser is just cooler because it's silent and the reflector goes through the tornado also when you charge the foward smash a bit it can go through as well

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
After a silent laser you can immediately follow up with anything.

But pretty sure you can do the same, but without the silence.

<_<

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
lol yea what KZ said and i noticed that the falco threads have been a bit dead because i be seeing my name as the last person that wrote on the thread

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks for the answers guys. I'm way too lazy to try and wade through all the seemingly garbage threads in this board. Plus those are the only two things I really needed to know the answer to.

Thanks again.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
No prob`.

And I agree with you about the thread. garbage topics are whats keeping this board alive. :/

null55

Smash Master
I've daired through tornados... and I'm pretty sure you can phantasm them as well.

zamz

Smash Journeyman
Silent lasors actually go slightly faster than regular lasors, and they shoot lower than the lowest regular lasors (as in, they can hit kirby very easily). But most importantly, it's fainter and harder to see. Because it's so quick, harder to see and it's silent, it takes your opponent by suprise. In theory, you could hit a silent lasor every time your Falco nears the ground. Be it recovering, be it falling from the sky from a hit, be it short hopping...anything. It's a great mindgame, when your opponent has absolutely no idea if a lasor is going to come at him or not when you land. You'll find them doing some pretty silly things to...block the lasor.

But I think I like silent lasors mainly for KZ's reason. You can fire the silent lasor and immediately hit AAA if they dodge the lasor. Or you can immediately phantasm/reflector. There's almost no delay after you pull off the move...only the quarter of a second it takes you to touch the ground. The regular lasor still has some 'put gun away' animation to eat through, even though it's hardly noticable. The silent lasor seems to almost ignore animation altogether, letting you pull off faster moves.

---

Lasors, reflector, D-Air all hit Metaknight's Tornado. Basically, any move from above or not connected to your character, can hurt Metaknight. So most D-Air/Projectiles, will ruin torando. It's hard to time a D-Air without messing it up, though. You have a very, very small margin of error before you get sucked into the tornado.

EDIT: Phantasming through a tornado? I want to say I've done it as well. But it's not reliable, because i know if you don't time it -just right-, you will get caught into it. Tornado has a higher priority. But I think if you hit it at an edge, or if you hit the tornado very early on before Metaknight's established himself, you might go through it. Can't confirm, though.

Binx

Smash Master
Most of his moves can kill, but at reasonable persents its probably in this order

VS most characters - Dsmash, Bair, Upsmash, Fsmash, Dair

VS some characters (ones that can be thrown into a spikable position) - Dair, Dsmash, Bair, Upsmash, Fsmash

Dsmash is faster so you will naturally hit with it more

null55

Smash Master
No, you can't.

In fact, Metaknight players will usually nado Falcos who recover with forward B.
Haha, I see. I've never actually tried it myself, but it sort of seemed possible in my head, based on the fact that hitting Meta directly stops the tornado (w/ lasers I mean).

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Lasers are probably more then enough though.

When MK players do their nados, they almost always have some type of move around while nadoing. When you laser them, because of the direction they're holding (which is usually something such as back or away) they'll end up doing a different B (given they fact they have to keep mashing B to keep the nado up). It's pretty much always going to be Forward B, which is a bad move onstage or at least improperly. The ending lag on that move is pretty much MK asking to be hit.

Only problem is, most Falcos don't realize this and end up getting hit by the Forward B.

On the side note, properly spaced Fairs clash with nados.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I think it clashes, and afterwards, the nado just sucks Falco in because of the ending lag of the Fsmash and the fact Falco's body is extended outwards.

The idea of perfectly timing the Fsmash as a nado comes rushing towards you is pretty funny though.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
If you're looking for power, then up smash beats tornado. Otherwise laser it. Use reflector sometimes so its a little bit of mix up.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
I think it clashes, and afterwards, the nado just sucks Falco in because of the ending lag of the Fsmash and the fact Falco's body is extended outwards.

The idea of perfectly timing the Fsmash as a nado comes rushing towards you is pretty funny though.[/QUOTE]

actually if you at least charge the f smash for like a sec or two it goes through the tornadoe, but both of you will get each others knockback, which isn't bad

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Tommy, I don't think UpSmash beats nado, but I guess I'll try it out.
Beetle Juice, yeah, I can see that happening. Risky, but it's doable.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
surprisingly, i have Baired thru nados on occasion. i did hit high on the nado so mabey that has something to do with it.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Another cool thing to do is just get hit. I mean, you can DI diagonally up and spam L/R, or quarter circle Smash DI it. After you get out, he'll want to get the hell away from you, so chase his retreat with boosted upsmash.

Top Bottom