• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rake's Canadafia Over!! Nabe won through the power of Poutine

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Claiming a kill with a confirmed dead body (what kinda vig shoots raz anyways at that point in the game) just ****s up town a bit because theres nothing you gain seeing as the potential vig didnt claim it.

Also iirc J got saved n1 by raz, after kantrip shot him
Raz blocked the mafia kill n2
And both kills went off n3
Rr was shot by both n4
Correct.

Up until the start of day 3 I thought there was a vig, or something. (Marshy thought there was a bus driver) It wasn't until both kills went through that I realize there was a SK, but decided to ignore it cause of the implications, didn't start to discuss the SK until everyone else did.

Ashemu

Smash Ace
i figured the vig shot gorf because of bp's case (although i was personally reading him as town). i also claimed vig when ruy hadn't claimed as i thought he was vig on PoE and wanted to cover for him as i was a more likely lynch than him.

i also did actually think the gambit over, but then came to the conclusion that "nah, sk doesn't make sense with these flips, it'll be fine"

i did make legitimate mistakes this game, such as not pushing fanny harder d4 then waffling on the read d5, but the vig claim is only bad if you already know the set-up.

Last edited:

Ashemu

Smash Ace
also when i was still spectating i bought circus as a mafia kill because i thought he was obvtown. oh well.

E: basically it seemed like a safe kill on an experienced player unlikely to be docced but likely to figure out the game somewhere down the line even if not immediately, which happens sometimes.

Last edited:

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
This is Orbo and I wasnt in a green room if there was one. I just ran thoughts on the game through rake on FB. In the middl of other conversations that would be painful to copy paste arounde

Ashemu

Smash Ace
pota are you sk? you said we'd have a discussion first but quickhammered, also at the very end i was paranoid cuz i brushed up on my site history and read f&l but then decided your role fit the set-up too much...
nope, i am as i claimed

i was waiting on the case and something from fanny and then your opinion

I got all of those things and was actually swayed to be pretty confident
ok phew lol

i feel like this was a good learning experience for me no matter whether we won or not since i usually die before lylo bc im the best.

unless we lost to surprise sk.
pretty much Dramatic Irony: The Exchange

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ty haha.

Meh, just bitter because Kanty's play was not the best and he was the most likely indy candidate but I just did not want to believe the set-up was that unfair/unbalanced for town. He just was not mafia with No Hetero and that was a fact.

Raz made some good NAs though, so I am proud of him for that.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Raz going after potassium and not NH that phase made sense. He blocked NH N2, but a kill still went through, from his PoV he probably saw NH as cleared. This set up was really sswingy lol

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Lemme ask:

Why was I targeted twice :c?

Why was NL just NOT an option?

WHY DID YOU GUYS LYNCH BP FOR BEING WRONG?

WHY, WHEN IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT THERE WAS AN SK FLOATING AROUND, WAS KANTRIP STILL OUT OF THE QUESTION?

Other than that gg's on all sides, the setup really does help not-town though sadly.

Ashemu

Smash Ace
tbf i was also scumreading him for his noncommittal push on soup late d1. there were also times when i was re-reading the thread during j vs fanny, saw his posts and went "wait this guy was seriously town?"

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
4 anti town vs. 9 town is really swingy. Even if it was 3v1v9. The SK should not have had a kill every night. There is a bit of me that is wondering how this set-up got approved and who did since Marshy/Raz are both in the game.

NL was not an option because even if just one anti-town faction shot the other but the other choose a townie, the game would have still ended. The only way town could have won is if Fanny shot Kanty AND Kanty shot Fanny.

Kantrip was only out of the question for mafia, not SK. I think both Ashy and myself made that point.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Since we've already invaded the thread, I didn't block NH.

I blocked J night 1 as a protect. I didn't want the thread to get super clogged with WIFOM if Bardull went into the next dayphase alive, and I would've cost him his ability anyway.

I blocked Gorf Night 2 as a protect.

I blocked Ashy Night 3 because I wanted to try to clear the slot. But I died. So ****. In retrospect I should have blocked Kantrip, but it was a lapse of judgment.

The fact that you let Kantrip go after his flailing under NH pressure makes me cry. I wanted him dead SO BADLY. When it looked like SK, that should've been a gigantic red flag.

Set-up was super unbalanced. Town's PRs are powerful, but 9:3:1 with a double NK every night is just NOT fair. We blocked correctly twice and lynched scum both Day 2 and Day 3 and still lost.

Town could have lost on ONE ML if I hadn't blocked correctly, even if they lynched scum every other day.

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/mmFB9qdNmHC8

Full shout-outs tomorrow probably.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Oh, and on the balance note, I think it just slipped through the cracks.

I should have realized it when both marshy and I signed up, because that means neither of us screened it. :facepalm:

#HBC | Gorf

NL was not an option because even if just one anti-town faction shot the other but the other choose a townie, the game would have still ended. The only way town could have won is if Fanny shot Kanty AND Kanty shot Fanny.
>townie enters 4 man mylo situation with the possibility of an SK roaming around and 2 flipped mafia
>townie understands that the only way town could have won if there were 2 anti town is if they cross shot
>townie decides to lynch anyway

****in there was ONE option to win if there were 2 anti town. There was a SAFER option if there was one anti town.

Ashemu

Smash Ace
yeah, in hindsight kant's flailing and hammer on nohet all strongly pointed to him being sk and i'm dumb for passing it off as badtown, esp since i subbed in thinking he was mafia for it. oh well, live and learn. despite playing for 4 years i have like zero experience hunting sk :/

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh, and on the balance note, I think it just slipped through the cracks.

I should have realized it when both marshy and I signed up, because that means neither of us screened it. :facepalm:
That explains things.

Welp, gg due to set-up then. I mean I am not going to be truly sad over this game because town played damn good both during the DayPhase and during the NightPhase. I will be posting shoutouts tonight. I really have just a lot of positive things to say regarding this game besides like only minor things.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I can balance anything that's not entirely PR's. But I can still do those too if necessary.

edit: yeah i'll do it if you guys really want me to

Last edited:

Ashemu

Smash Ace
marshy in the graveyard said:
him claiming that ****ll provoke reactions from an sk and thus make it an easier play.
this was true but only to an extent, i wish i could say it was my full intent so that id look better, but i also wasnt totally convinced there was a sk so it was just a "worst case scenario" thing.

horf in the graveyard said:
It may be me from the outside but Kant and Fand seem really ****in obvious.
fand really was not obvious at all when i actually had to make the decision. for all i found him scummy initially he did have some good distancing, good enough that i bought into it on re-read

basicaly i dont think you should get "this is so obvious" cred in the graveyard qt if you never called out the scum during the game

i can review set-ups, ive hosted one with a mafia cop and sk doctor in the same game so you know im good at game design ^_^

#HBC | Gorf

I'm not saying to gimme the cred, fanny would have slipped through my fingers if I had stayed alive I'm sure of it but that was I believe in relation to the start of D5, when both Kantrip and Fanny's intros seemed objectively scummy. But then again it's not the same experiening it in game and experiencing it out of game so I can't be like "you guys are dumb."

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Fanny was obvious to me haha, especially after the BP lynch.

Ugh, I sincerely hate LyLo, I lose whenever I am in it even if I am right (Skies/Candafia/Pulp Fiction) and as Ruy brought up we should have lost TTGL but modkills due to Alex/JTB herpaderp.

After this game, I am seriously with marshy in **** all indies and it's a terrible role to have in most games.

#HBC | Gorf

God indy's ****in SUCK! The most balanced indie I think I've ever seen is... what was it Pizza Mafia, Nabe's game with the indy lovers? That **** was ballin. But yea **** indy's.

Ashemu

Smash Ace
i feel like indies are fair to have in larges where you need something to cut down the numbers. anything less than 14p though and that ****'s dumb, and it's still questionable in 14-15p

Fandangox

Smash Lord
4 anti town vs. 9 town is really swingy. Even if it was 3v1v9. The SK should not have had a kill every night. There is a bit of me that is wondering how this set-up got approved and who did since Marshy/Raz are both in the game.

Kantrip was only out of the question for mafia, not SK. I think both Ashy and myself made that point.
Kanty would have still won, he had a one night bulletproof option.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Welp.

I thought how BP handled myself and Kantrip was gross.

I came down to Fand Serial Killer, PoE I thought, and BP scum when I was alive. I didn't think Kantrip was mafia so I didn't look at him first. I tracked Ash to check of Marshy wasn't pulling a bus there. Unfortunately I've been throwing out gut reads and meta reads. Otherwise I would have labeled the slot as town solely off Joey's play :/.

No been trying to figure out internal logical reasoning so my reads can make sense to myself and others more rather than words and more feels.

Would have been right on Joey with my old play, shame Kantrip/Fand were next on my track list.

Dunno about set-up though need to look at the full thing first and pull some math here.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well, I've been waiting for Rake to officially call this but since everyone else has barged in I guess I will too.

Ahem.

NO ****ING WONDER I READ BOTH NO HETERO AND KANTRIP AS SCUMMY IN THAT EXCHANGE.

GG, Kantrip. After No Het's flip I had pretty much written you off. After the double kill obviously no one was clear, but you had started playing quite towny by then. Still, I share the pain of town losing on only two mislynches. Even considering the potential for crossfire and additional help from PRs, that just doesn't feel good. Going into mylo, the only way for town to have won would have been to No Lynch and then hope that the role that shoots first (I would assume mafia) shot the other gunman, leaving 2v1 in lylo. That's a ****ty position to be in.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Lemme ask:

Why was I targeted twice :c?

Why was NL just NOT an option?

WHY, WHEN IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT THERE WAS AN SK FLOATING AROUND, WAS KANTRIP STILL OUT OF THE QUESTION?

Other than that gg's on all sides, the setup really does help not-town though sadly.
Thought the wrong person was the serial killer, but he was mafia instead.

Woops. :(

Top Bottom