• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RagnaRoK the Reaper's ,Roy Guide Vol. III (updated 11/03/07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Mow is the one who told me Zelda ***** Roy lol
Zelda isn't that bad for Roy. Spam SFFlS and watch out for the firey-type projectile she throws
(i don't know its name). As for the guide, not terrible, but much like your past guides.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
You shouldn't have to worry about Zelda's firey-type projectile at all (Din's Fire). It's one of the worse projectiles in the game lol. Roy's 2 main problems lie in getting past "Demon Kick" spacing and the fact Zelda is "impossible" for Roy to combo and kill.

I guess I can see the matchup not being all to bad for Roy since Zelda doesn't have that much going for herself, but Zelda vs Roy seems nevertheless boring/annoying for either player.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
M2K's cheesecake will beat any1's pudding ROFL.
and although dins fire isn't powerful, it has long reach and can't be canceled.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
That argument has no weight...

M2K's X will beat any1's X

(Replace Xs with a random character, or cheesecake)
But it's best Roy vs best Zelda :p

Regardless, yeah yeahh, M2K is M2K and he's too **** good.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Back unbanned. Moderators, do your jobs and ban these *******s that's ****ing up my thread. Talking about Mew2King and other topics is not relevant.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Wrong...since we're relating Mew2King to Roy. I mean, you call this thing a Roy guide and we're talking about the Roy vs Zelda matchup. How is talking about the best Roy and the best Zelda irrelevant? You might as well be say talking about anyone who uses Roy is irrelevant, so we can't even talk about you or your daddy (Sethlon).

But still, don't you want your thread to be alive and have some actual Roy discussion rather than people getting flamed? The last 5 post before yours can be seen as efforts to keep this thread lively with open discussion, stop crying and appreciate the fact we didn't flame you.

This is why you piss some people off :laugh:

By the way, I have one question about your guide. The combos you named there have been known for awhile, why did you give them names? People don't even do that for other characters...it's kinda showing people you're cocky because you're "soo good you have combos named after you". Well, then again, no one has combos named after them, so it can show them vice versa if you know what I mean.
*Maybe another reason why you might piss off others*

If you think I'm trying to insult you, then that's dumb lol, I'm just bringing things to your attention since you said you don't know why people have a problem with you.

Back to Roy vs Zelda:

Yeah, MEW2KING'S skill is insanely higher than Mow's, so I guess it's right to say ANY of his characters can beat Mow's Zelda. That being said, I still like to believe Zelda does well against Roy. It's somewhat similar to the Roy vs Peach matchup since Roy has a hard time landing setups, a HARD time comboing, and a VERY hard time getting a good kill. He has like...0 ways of setting up a kill on a passive/campy Zelda. Zelda definately has to work less in this matchup. She has an easier time controlling spacing and landing solid hits. Even if Roy gets instead her, he can't punish her all to well.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Back unbanned. Moderators, do your jobs and ban these *******s that's ****ing up my thread. Talking about Mew2King and other topics is not relevant.
I'd say your guide is not really relevant because the advice can't even be applied to Roy :p

To NJ's Finest: the reason why he's mad is because we talked about M2K vs Mow, and not ROK vs Mow lololol

and yes this post can be considered as flaming if you want, I'm just having fun

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
roK flames in other threads (including Roy ones) all the time. but when you flame in HIS thread...

And as for NJzFinest (which he's not), Zelda for Roy is not at all like Peach for Roy. Peach has a much better areal game, besides Zelda's Bair. you can't really juggle either one, but you can still land SHFFLS on Zelda. not to mention peaches powerful projectile, awesome recover, ability to float in midair (that pisses me of so much), and her Dsmash is another catagory. I know you like Zelda and don't want to admit it, but i'd say Zelda has an even chance on Roy at best.
P.S. NJzFinest your college initials are P.U. ROFL

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Yeah! It's the Reaper-man *****!

I'd say your guide is not really relevant because the advice can't even be applied to Roy :p

To NJ's Finest: the reason why he's mad is because we talked about M2K vs Mow, and not ROK vs Mow lololol

and yes this post can be considered as flaming if you want, I'm just having fun
Do you even play or Main Roy? Right now, I'm the undisputed Best Roy in Dallas, Texas. (Was disputed, but as of my last tournament, I placed 4th overall and killed the theory of another Roy's being better, so tha'ts solved). Sethlon is the best Roy in Houston, and the disputed best Roy in Texas; at the SA tournament on the 17th and 18th of this month. Me V.S. Sethlon, as well as other top rankers will be shown; That should put your **** to rest.

Wrong...since we're relating Mew2King to Roy. I mean, you call this thing a Roy guide and we're talking about the Roy vs Zelda matchup. How is talking about the best Roy and the best Zelda irrelevant? You might as well be say talking about anyone who uses Roy is irrelevant, so we can't even talk about you or your daddy (Sethlon).

But still, don't you want your thread to be alive and have some actual Roy discussion rather than people getting flamed? The last 5 post before yours can be seen as efforts to keep this thread lively with open discussion, stop crying and appreciate the fact we didn't flame you.

This is why you piss some people off :laugh:

By the way, I have one question about your guide. The combos you named there have been known for awhile, why did you give them names? People don't even do that for other characters...it's kinda showing people you're cocky because you're "soo good you have combos named after you". Well, then again, no one has combos named after them, so it can show them vice versa if you know what I mean.
*Maybe another reason why you might piss off others*

If you think I'm trying to insult you, then that's dumb lol, I'm just bringing things to your attention since you said you don't know why people have a problem with you.

Back to Roy vs Zelda:

Yeah, MEW2KING'S skill is insanely higher than Mow's, so I guess it's right to say ANY of his characters can beat Mow's Zelda. That being said, I still like to believe Zelda does well against Roy. It's somewhat similar to the Roy vs Peach matchup since Roy has a hard time landing setups, a HARD time comboing, and a VERY hard time getting a good kill. He has like...0 ways of setting up a kill on a passive/campy Zelda. Zelda definately has to work less in this matchup. She has an easier time controlling spacing and landing solid hits. Even if Roy gets instead her, he can't punish her all to well.

"No one has combos named after them" - KEN COMBO. Nuff said.

"Sethlon, your daddy" - You're not trying to insult me? WTF are you suppose to be doing? This ain't birdman and birdman Junior. I don't know what's wrong with you, but I will four stock your face, seriously. Duh, I named the combo, don't people name combos? DON'T THEY? I mean ****, they name combo videos, why not individual combos? Make sense? ULTRA COMBO, idjit.

And I should be happy you didn't FLAME me? *****, I'm RagnaRok the Mutha ****in' Reaper. I ain't worried about anything that you say or do towards me. I'm going to do what I do and will throughly pwn j00r monkeh ***.

And anyone who doesn't know that Roy and Zelda are about an Even match-ups are actually idiots. No ****, idiots.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
are you honestly expecting people to take you seriously and show you respect when this is how you present yourself?

goodness
Why is your turtle dragon worshipping *** around here? I don't really care if people take me seriously, the fact is that they know how serious I am about Roy. That should prove that I have picked things up. If they are going to be too naive to try to do some of the stuff I do, fine. Some might actually try it and don't say anything, I'm not worried. This isn't made for them, it's made for people that want to learn how to play my way, Which has been helping me PRETTY **** far all this time.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you totally avoided what i was saying and responded in your usual manner

honestly i still consider this topic to be a joke topic because of the way you handle yourself

"best roy player in my city" isn't exactly the most difficult to do/impressive thing in the world btw

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I find it funny how most of the people who are saying Roy sucks either mains Bowser, Zelda, or Yoshi. they're ones to talk.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
you totally avoided what i was saying and responded in your usual manner

honestly i still consider this topic to be a joke topic because of the way you handle yourself

"best roy player in my city" isn't exactly the most difficult to do/impressive thing in the world btw
It is when you have people to debate it. And even have people of higher skills start to play with Roy in an attempt to take away that title, so yeah it is. At the San Antonio tournament, I'll be trying to fight for the Best Roy in Texas Title, seeing as Sethlon will be a contender and other big names, ranking good there will make people ACCEPT me and my Roy skillz, and hopefully to take out sethlon. Dittos don't mean ****, as they are not a typical match, but if I can either stick with him or surpass him, no longer will people be able to argue about me.

I find it funny how most of the people who are saying Roy sucks either mains Bowser, Zelda, or Yoshi. they're ones to talk.
And you're true. Yoshi, is the Best Low Tier in my opinion, but Roy has better awesome sauce.

Gimp: No ****. Cause my char is underestimated everyone's is right saying Bowser sucks, It's a DIFFERENCE.

Sliq

Smash Master
It is when you have people to debate it. And even have people of higher skills start to play with Roy in an attempt to take away that title, so yeah it is. At the San Antonio tournament, I'll be trying to fight for the Best Roy in Texas Title, seeing as Sethlon will be a contender and other big names, ranking good there will make people ACCEPT me and my Roy skillz, and hopefully to take out sethlon. Dittos don't mean ****, as they are not a typical match, but if I can either stick with him or surpass him, no longer will people be able to argue about me.

And you're true. Yoshi, is the Best Low Tier in my opinion, but Roy has better awesome sauce.

Gimp: No ****. Cause my char is underestimated everyone's is right saying Bowser sucks, It's a DIFFERENCE.
I'm sorry, but you have no idea what you are talking about.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
once again, another guide has turn into the flame Rok thread.

So once again, im gonna close this thread, Rok DO NOT MAKE ANOTHER GUIDE. You have proven to just cause problems on this board despite your good attentions. Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom