• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RagnaRoK the Reaper's ,Roy Guide Vol. III (updated 11/03/07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
thats not exactly something you get to deside...

and this quote, from the arizona thread.

ummm...

wow i just want to IP ban you for disrespecting mods as a precurser to what is obviously going to happen. nobody talks about roy in this forum they talk about how horrendously bad this roy "guide" is and the fact that you know almost nothing about competitive play whatsoever.

If this gets closed and you make another one you'll get banned, another after that and its an IP ban.
Gimpy you dumb *** little ******. If you look at #3, me and Drew already settled this. Now, you need to stay your Bowser using *** where you are. Come to Texas and My fist will thorougly four stock your face.

Other notes: I'm trying to keep this Roy Forum alive, none of the mods do anything to help anyone. Maybe you should try then, if not. Stick to Bowser's fat ***.

Also, I doubt this will be closed. So far one person had says it's helped them. (Whoever it ws only had 1 post and so everyone thinks its me on an alternate account, I don't really care) And for that, I've reached one of my primary goals. Now, I'm going to continue to update my guide. Like it or not. So shut the hell up, and take care of problems that are actual problems.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I'm predicting a full apology from Gimpyfish.

I'm from Rok's neck of the woods and I started playing Roy for fun a week or two ago, so naturally I keep challenging him to a Roy ditto MM but he just won't accept. Maybe he'll agree to do a set for free and we'll record it for all you guys. If I win I'll write the Bluezaft Roy Guide. It'll go like this:

"I do d-tilt and forward-b a lot. They seem like good moves to me!"

C'mon Rok don't make me beg.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
I'm predicting a full apology from Gimpyfish.

I'm from Rok's neck of the woods and I started playing Roy for fun a week or two ago, so naturally I keep challenging him to a Roy ditto MM but he just won't accept. Maybe he'll agree to do a set for free and we'll record it for all you guys. If I win I'll write the Bluezaft Roy Guide. It'll go like this:

"I do d-tilt and forward-b a lot. They seem like good moves to me!"

C'mon Rok don't make me beg.
In additon to the money needed to actually enter the tournament. I've got two or three other $5 money matches, including one with you already of my Falco V.S. your Peach. I also have a $15 money match on my hands. I'm not made of money y'know.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
First off, you should go ahead and change the whole Fox DI discovery thing to credit Exarch, he was the one that found that out. Also, you need to put him on "Evade" to get him to DI.

Gimpy you dumb *** little ******. If you look at #3, me and Drew already settled this. Now, you need to stay your Bowser using *** where you are. Come to Texas and My fist will thorougly four stock your face.
Seriously, you're really putting a jam in your own plans by ****in with the mods like this. I can understand you trying to keep the roy forum alive, but you won't get that by constantly *****ing at and insulting the mods.

That and gimpyfish is awesome all around.

Other notes: I'm trying to keep this Roy Forum alive, none of the mods do anything to help anyone.
I do agree with this though.

Alot of the threads that get closed to deserve to be closed, but stuff like the roy spam thread is something that we could really use around here. Sintenal makes jokes about how hes an *** of a moderator and his sole purpose in modding this forum is just to close topics, but i really think its doing more harm than good. Hell, pretty much every other char forum has a spam/casual chat thread, and having one in the roy forums i think would really pull together the roy players. Like that thread with the picture of how the flare blade cuts partially through and under the stage if you do it in a shorthop; it was delivered really poorly, but thats really something new that most people don't realize, and i've found lots of uses for it (although i admit i knew about it before that thread). If the people in threads are being dumb and flaming the life outta eachother, for gods sake just infraction/ban those people and let the rest of the conversations in the thread carry on. I know a thread in particular a while back that me an exarch talked about some of the stuff roy can get done to him/get out of from other chars grabs, and honestly, i learned some stuff from that, but the conversation was cut short because the thread got closed.

Seriously, I can name like 5 roy players off the top of my head; Neo doesn't play anymore, Exarch doesn't even main roy, 5150 doesn't add much thats constructive (other than the obvious stomping down of overconfident noobs), and then RoK (who always has beef with the mods, so hes constantly in a loop of banned/unbanned, so whatever help he could possibly contribute more often than not is inaccessible).

If we want roy as a character to go anywhere (which i really do, though i imagine not many other people do), we really need atleast someone to bounce ideas off of. Because honestly, there is ALOT more we could learn about roy. I've been maining this char ever since i started some 3 years ago, I've played with Neo, 5150, and exarch, countless other roys that I never caught the name of, and I'm still learning new applications for stuff. There are SO many little tricks that I know of, and plenty others I'm still working out, who knows how many i haven't even thought of. Stuff like when edgeguarding ganon/falcon, holding onto the ledge to make them try to land up on the stage, then jump up on the stage -> reverse flare blade, making it so they can't tech the wall. Stuff like at what percents can you upthrow -> fsmash capt falcon (which can be done if they don't DI...throw them fast and you'd be suprised how often it works). Like at what percents can you dtilt -> shorthop/fulljump/doublejump dair spike -> followup, and for what chars. Stuff like up throwing onto platforms, and then wavedashing onto the platform to techchase regrab and continue chaingrabbing from there (or what to do if they just sit there and get up attack instead). Stuff like fthrowing marth off the stage, and shorthopping off and flareblading him if he DIs towards the stage. Stuff like dtilt -> wavedash forward -> fsmash backwards to throw chars over your shoulder instead of the direction you're facing when you dtilt them. Stuff like what chars you can reverse upB kill and on what levels, and good ways to get those reverse upB sweetspots in. At what percents can you kill what chars on what stage with dsmash. At what times should you use weird moves like upsmash/uptilt/ftilt?

I know that right now these forums suck. They suck hard. 50% of posts are by people flaming/spamming, and like another 25% is people asking for advice (which isn't a bad thing, it should be happening in forums like these, its just alarming how few people in ratio actually know how to give sounds advice). We really need new people to come in and learn to be really good, and figure out all the complicated ****, so people like me aren't just sitting here twiddling my thumbs until i can get the chance to try out stuff that i think could possibly work; most of which is super situational, so i very rarely get the chance to try it out. I don't even really have anyone to bounce ideas off of here, save for exarch occasionally.

We need to get some people together who actually know/are willing figure out how to play this char at higher levels, and we're not likely going to get those kinda people together period, not even taking into consideration that sintenal is basically out to make this forum barren.

(jesus, that was a reeaally long post :ohwell: )

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
your posting style is thoroughly impressive ragnarok, i especially like the part when somebody thinks to even half disagree with something you say, your logical satements and intelligent remarks really make an impression on the average reader. kudos to you.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
If I really was a mean mod, i would have closed this topic the second you made it. But i didnt, I decided to give you a chance and leave it open. But as you can see, nothing has changed rok. No one seems to respect you enough AT ALL to listen to your what you have to say. You still have not proved yourself in the tourny community either.

Sethlon, till you become a mod yourself, you have no idea the headache it brings. Yes i probably closed a couple topics I should not have I will admit I could have done something wrong, but with guys like 5150 and Rok it just makes things more work than it should be since they have the uncanny ability to make the conversation towards them. Banning has not worked obviously since they find ways around it. Remember this is a the ROY forum, not the stupid flame war forum. Topics I closed for the large portion have been close because of this. Sethlon, if you want to improve the Roy community YOU have to do this yourself. Bring more to the forums, help out people more because despire Rok's good attentions, he is probably doing more harm to your community than good with the way he acts and posts. You want to make a spam topic go ahead, my only real job in this forum is to mod. I am not a roy player, never have been. Other people have volunteered to keep certain roy topics updated, so if you wish to do something like that PM me about it.

Anyway, Rok you need to as much as anyone else here needs to keep discussion on the guide itself. No one needs to do personal attacks on Rok nor does he need to do one on anybody else. Talk about and critque his guide, and Rok needs to not take everything towards him so personally. I really do not want to have to close another of these guides for same reason again :/

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
GimpyFish: Just make sure to stay in your own forums. Yeah, I challenge authority. You're the same as every other person, just with more power. That's suppose to make me cower in fear on the boards or somethin'?

Sethlon: When I first started playing competitively, nearly a year ago; You and Neo were my idols as far as trying to learn how to play, even if your videos were old at that time. And I still respect you, because you haven't given up on him and you haven't turned you back against him, nor quit playing. Keep up the good work.

Sintenal: I try to help people, they always attempt to flame me or challenge me or do something else, even when I state this is not what this guide is for. I tried to suggest a "RoK Roy Thread" inside of here, that would take care of hte MAJORITY of flamming problems that go on with this, seriously.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: I, RagnaRoK the Reaper, will be attending the San Antonio S.O.S. Tournament (Whatever it's called) on November 17th/18th. Those of you who haven't played me, will most likely have the chance to play me now if my ride doesn't give out, or if all my finances aren't shot by them (I'll try to save up). I expect all of you to change your minds, I also expect all of you to to give me props. See you all then.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
stay in my own forums wtf does that even mean LOL

rok you get flamed because of the ridiculous way you present your "help". it's easy enough to write a horrible guide (which this is) and have a decent response if you dont act how you constantly act

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
I like to point a part of this guide that I don't really like, it's just my humble opinion however.

RAGNAROK said:
[A brief overview] = Roy should be played slightly aggressive in order to win, especially in his closer matchups. Work on L-Cancelling throughly, and using air attacks deep into your opponent, so you can L-Cancel and run behind them to a grab or DED if it misses, as people love to punish Roys with many shield grabs to combos. Spamming forward smash in certain situations CAN help you to win, against shiek's and others. Remember to use your side step (Down+R/L) wisely and to go for early kills, it being very hard to do so once they float away at nearly every tap Roy gives. Master shield grabbing, tech chasing, and Roy's overall movement, as well sa being able to sweet spot his Up+B vertically, and diagonally.
:urg:

EDIT: After reading Rebel's faq I see that we don't really need a new faq... If you really want to help ppl you should focus on char and stage specific stuff. And a more detailed explanation of Roy's CG on Fox would be nice, with %s and DIs and stuff.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
I like to point a part of this guide that I don't really like, it's just my humble opinion however.

:urg:

EDIT: After reading Rebel's faq I see that we don't really need a new faq... If you really want to help ppl you should focus on char and stage specific stuff. And a more detailed explanation of Roy's CG on Fox would be nice, with %s and DIs and stuff.
That part is actually useful knowledge. Now, as far as chain-throwing. i'm only stating a little, I RARELY even chainthrow, as I find it cheap. When I do, ...I hardly ever do it come to think of it. I straight fight. I just call it BlueZafting when I do use it.

Sliq

Smash Master
I RARELY even chainthrow, as I find it cheap.
This is the moment I realized you were a noob. How can ANYTHING Roy do be considered cheap? He's terrible for God's sakes, and you're going to not use something good he has?

you = drunk

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Bowser is a large mound of feces in a shell that stinks even worse. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a ******** Fish with birdwings and an Octapuss tenctacle for a tail.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
bowser is a horrible character and i dont think that i've argued agaist that other than when i was a horrible noob

because most of the time the horrible noobs are the ones trying to prove their horrible low tier character is actually good for some reason

Metà

Smash Master

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
You know what's funny? Roy doesn't even do too well in Low Tier tourneys since characters like Zelda and Mewtwo give him hard a *** time.

Luigi isn't low tier, ppl are ********.
Luigi vs Roy is so **** lol
lol @ the dsmash being called the ragnarok

and why does sliq always post pictures that arent funny?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Yeah that's the matchup that every Roy player I've ever met complains about the most. Even more so than any top tier vs. Roy. And I agree, Luigi is too low on the tier list. But because they put him in low tier on the official list, most low tier tournaments still allow him.

Sliq

Smash Master
Luigi isn't low tier, ppl are ********.
Luigi vs Roy is so **** lol
lol @ the dsmash being called the ragnarok

and why does sliq always post pictures that arent funny?
A better question would be how does anyone get tricked into publicly posting their password on a forum?

D

Deleted member

Man i love the roy boards now :p Its just so fun watching people flame eachother for no apperant reason (though Rag's guide does suck terribly, so flame that all u want).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom