• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denzi

Smash Master
What??? I don't get it.

Edit: Wow this was from a while ago. I didn't even post in green lol.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Are you good in bed too?

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
not really, that's only because my **** is wider than it is long. and i have a pretty long ****.

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
i don't want no scrubs, because a scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me.

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
you will taste of my divine ambrosia

okay, so i really posted in hear to see how all of this worked (blogwise) user appearance/interface. and i since i did create it i might as well use it for purposes of good instead of it being some troll place. sorry for the double post mods. but i just wanted to bump it real quick. because ill probably be doing different things for different char.

melee for now, i haven't played brawl much.

for marth:

when other characters are recovering: if you are on the ledge, instead of doing the normal b-air or drop d-air ledge guard. it's alot easier to space/time the side b away from the stage. once you do this, you have several character specific options. i prefer side b to d-air. but i don't d-air away from the stage but towards. this way you can immediately l-cancel into something else. it works on several characters, but if you find yourself having a difficult time doing it, the best bet is to side-b then forward-air away from the stage, which is less effective but easier to do consistently.

finalark

SNORLAX
Rage? As in the Brooklyn verity?

/yugiohabridged joke.

Now to seriousness, interesting Marth strategy. Sounds like something I'm going to have to give a shot some time.

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
rage as in i express my indignation in many forms. also definitely try it man, it works most of the time. once you get used to it, you'll learn variations in specific matchups. there are instance where the player can di to ledgehog real quick after the side b, but it is rare and in that case you should side b to f-air away from the stage because it is faster and there really is very little time for them to di.

we are so far from exploring the theoretical expanse that is melee.

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
Pwnage is an action verb/adverd/adjective.

Not a propernoun/pronoun.

You obviously don't go to school.

and if you were halfway intellijent u would know that the reason we write is to kumyunicate effectively. not to ornament words or letters, or their speling, but that the thoughts and ideas that create them. i cuould seapk lkie tihs and sound smarter than you.

Self-kun

Smash Rookie
and if you were halfway intellijent u would know that the reason we write is to kumyunicate effectively. not to ornament words or letters, or their speling, but that the thoughts and ideas that create them. i cuould seapk lkie tihs and sound smarter than you.
No matter how "smart" you all think you are, nobody is as smart as this guy below.

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
lmao. where is that from.

and those who wish to have more of me will have more, lawl when i feel like it...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No, not really. Not to say I completely judge people based on their spelling and grammar, but someone who talks like

"hey i like supr smash bros brallw"

isn't going to come off as well to me initially as someone who says

"Hey, I like Super Smash Bros. Brawl."

Of course, the Brawl part would turn me off either way, but that's beside the point. =P

Also, incorrectly using/spelling words is stupid unless you have a good reason for it. For example, even though I am not British, I prefer many British spellings (e.g. grey as opposed to gray). Some of them just make more sense to me or look better to me. I will, on occasion, use bad spelling/grammar on purpose in order to imitate someone whom I think is being ignorant or stupid.

Just because someone can understand something doesn't mean you should do it. If you see someone you know in public and run over to them and jump up and down screaming "HI!!!!", they'll know that you meant to greet them, but you could've just said "Hi." rather than being crazy about it.

Finally, correct spelling/grammar/usage/punctuation is much more useful and important than you think. I don't care if I can understand what you say if you absolutely **** it like that, it's both painful and annoying to read crap like that, and if it's bad enough, I have to think for a moment. I can understand if you don't know how to do something, but when you never capitalize, it's painfully obvious that you just don't care.

This isn't instant messenger. This is a forum.

[/spelling/grammar rant]

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
No, not really. Not to say I completely judge people based on their spelling and grammar, but someone who talks like

"hey i like supr smash bros brallw"

isn't going to come off as well to me initially as someone who says

"Hey, I like Super Smash Bros. Brawl."

Of course, the Brawl part would turn me off either way, but that's beside the point. =P

Also, incorrectly using/spelling words is stupid unless you have a good reason for it. For example, even though I am not British, I prefer many British spellings (e.g. grey as opposed to gray). Some of them just make more sense to me or look better to me. I will, on occasion, use bad spelling/grammar on purpose in order to imitate someone whom I think is being ignorant or stupid.

Just because someone can understand something doesn't mean you should do it. If you see someone you know in public and run over to them and jump up and down screaming "HI!!!!", they'll know that you meant to greet them, but you could've just said "Hi." rather than being crazy about it.

Finally, correct spelling/grammar/usage/punctuation is much more useful and important than you think. I don't care if I can understand what you say if you absolutely **** it like that, it's both painful and annoying to read crap like that, and if it's bad enough, I have to think for a moment. I can understand if you don't know how to do something, but when you never capitalize, it's painfully obvious that you just don't care.

This isn't instant messenger. This is a forum.

[/spelling/grammar rant]
lmfao, painfully obvious that i just don't care about what? formality? humanity? or just capitalizing the first letter of every sentence because it's inefficient?

"Also, incorrectly using/spelling words is stupid unless you have a good reason for it."

do you think i was illustrating a point by incorrectly spelling those words in the post you quoted? also did you think that my previous sentence was a question.

lmfao i know your name is pink and all but to me that just means kooch. why do you concern yourself with trivial matters like spelling gray 'grey' when they are phonetically equal.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
lmfao, painfully obvious that i just don't care about what? formality? humanity? or just capitalizing the first letter of every sentence because it's inefficient?
Any sort of spelling/grammar/punctuation?

How is it inefficient to capitalize the first word of each sentence? It looks nice, and if you actually do it like you're supposed to it becomes so habitual that you wouldn't even think to complain.

"Also, incorrectly using/spelling words is stupid unless you have a good reason for it."

do you think i was illustrating a point by incorrectly spelling those words in the post you quoted? also did you think that my previous sentence was a question.
I was talking about your first post..."i am the pwnage"?

lmfao i know your name is pink and all but to me that just means kooch.
First of all, no. What are you, five? "OMG PINK!! IT BE A GURRL!" For heaven's sake, grow up.

Second of all, I didn't even bring up my title. I don't care if I'm a BRoomer, I wouldn't expect my word to become suddenly more important just due to my title. I'm a Smash Debater because I'm a member of the Debate Hall and I enjoy debating. I didn't choose the pink color.

why do you concern yourself with trivial matters like spelling gray 'grey' when they are phonetically equal.
It's not like I spent an hour debating it, I just prefer spelling it "grey". I don't even do that all of the time, it's just a matter of preference. I'm not sure why you felt the need to bring that up, since preferring to spell something a certain way really doesn't affect you.

Why did you waste five seconds making a useless blog like this? I don't really care to know why, but if you're going to talk about trivial things...

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
Any sort of spelling/grammar/punctuation?

How is it inefficient to capitalize the first word of each sentence? It looks nice, and if you actually do it like you're supposed to it becomes so habitual that you wouldn't even think to complain.

I was talking about your first post..."i am the pwnage"?

First of all, no. What are you, five? "OMG PINK!! IT BE A GURRL!" For heaven's sake, grow up.

Second of all, I didn't even bring up my title. I don't care if I'm a BRoomer, I wouldn't expect my word to become suddenly more important just due to my title. I'm a Smash Debater because I'm a member of the Debate Hall and I enjoy debating. I didn't choose the pink color.

It's not like I spent an hour debating it, I just prefer spelling it "grey". I don't even do that all of the time, it's just a matter of preference. I'm not sure why you felt the need to bring that up, since preferring to spell something a certain way really doesn't affect you.

Why did you waste five seconds making a useless blog like this? I don't really care to know why, but if you're going to talk about trivial things...
lmao ill try to make this as simple for you as i can. if two people were to begin typing from scratch and one of them capitalized the first letter of every sentence(lol not even including anything else) and they both progressed at the same rate(meaning that they acquired the same knowledge, and the same physical capacities) then the person who typed without capitalizing would be able to type more words per unit of time. what takes less time? pressing shift or just not. lmfao

and what i really meant by your pink name, is that it means nothing to me. as in it is insignificant. i could care less about your gender/sexual preference. lmao

also spelling gray grey is utterly ignorant especially seeing as how you don't live in britain, lol. such ignorance(as in you as a whole or others like you) contributes in some way towards society, and that in turn does affect me.

and this blog is not useless, i created it to help people with useful techniques i learn. then scrubs like you keep mucking it up.

also i am the pwnage.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
lmao ill try to make this as simple for you as i can.
Yay for being patronized!

if two people were to begin typing from scratch and one of them capitalized the first letter of every sentence(lol not even including anything else) and they both progressed at the same rate(meaning that they acquired the same knowledge, and the same physical capacities) then the person who typed without capitalizing would be able to type more words per unit of time. what takes less time? pressing shift or just not. lmfao
Not true. Unless you type with one finger at a time, pressing Shift is so involuntary and you have to press it at the same time as the other key, so it really doesn't take any longer. As I said, when you actually use it it becomes so habitual that it's not even noticeable enough to complain about it. If you're not used to it, it may slow you down, but I've been capitalizing things both on instant messenger (*awaits a rant on how I'm inefficient by doing so*) and everywhere else for years now and it's involuntary, quick, and easy.

and what i really meant by your pink name, is that it means nothing to me. as in it is insignificant.
That's my point. Who said I thought it meant anything? I didn't join the Debate Hall for the name, surprisingly enough...

It's like you're arguing against yourself or something. I didn't say anything about my pink name, you're the one that decided to bring it up. You can't argue against something I say if I didn't even say it, nor did I even think it.

i could care less about your gender/sexual preference. lmao
I'll ignore the common phrase fail and say, ditto. I couldn't care less about you either.

also spelling gray grey is utterly ignorant especially seeing as how you don't live in britain, lol. such ignorance(as in you as a whole or others like you) contributes in some way towards society, and that in turn does affect me.
It's only "utterly ignorant" if I spell it that way while being ignorant of the fact that it shouldn't be spelled that way in the US. That's why it would be ignorance. The definition of 'ignorant' is: "Lacking in knowledge or training." I have the knowledge, I just choose not to do it.

And wait. Wait. Ahahaha. Me spelling a word the way I want to, when it is actually NOT incorrect English (just a different form of it), is affecting society. But you being lazy and not taking the time to press ONE key is perfectly fine. At least I'm actually thinking instead of just doing what's easy.

One random person on a forum spelling a word a different way will never affect you. You can try to make it out that way, but that doesn't mean you can successfully argue that. It's only going to affect you if I start a fad, and I hate fads and I don't think I've ever started one. I'm no trendsetter.

and this blog is not useless, i created it to help people with useful techniques i learn. then scrubs like you keep mucking it up.
You're right, you created a blog in September which was absolutely stupid and five months later you actually post something legitimate. That obviously counts.
You did not create this thread with that in mind. Even if you did, you should've actually posted something 5 months ago.

Not to mention, if you want to share techniques, that's what the Character-Specific and Tactical Discussions are for.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wow, this thread is gonna become another flame war? Nice trick rage.
Don't necessarily count on it, I'll probably end up getting tired of arguing with a wall eventually.

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
well seeing as how i posted 'i am the pwnage' 5 months ago(LMFAO). for some reason you felt the need to address that today. which speaks of some greater psychological inadequacy in itself. it begs the question, now why would you, a random person, i don't even know, post in regards to something that happened 5 months ago after i changed my blog.

also it is physically impossible to press two buttons at the exact same. loook it. fj fj fj fj fj fj jf fj fj fj fj fj. one button will always precede the other. even though you think it is almost the same time and rationalize it to be so, it is untrue. and more so, suggesting that you can do it repeatedly with any measure of accuracy is ridiculous. also given the apparent wall of text you dropped by my way, and your post count.... stop wasting my time. people say wavedashing is like pressing one button, this a matter of ignorance, not truth. it's not that it's efficient in the grand scheme of things. there are people with ocd that do stupid little things all day, but it becomes habitual for them as well, lol.

with character specific threads i have to post in a multitude of different threads, it just seemed easier given all the characters i wanted to discuss and if i learn things in brawl as well.
and no it wasn't meant to be a flame war. can the mods get this clown out of here. he speaks with no substance and with no reason.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
well seeing as how i posted 'i am the pwnage' 5 months ago(LMFAO). for some reason you felt the need to address that today. which speaks of some greater psychological inadequacy in itself. it begs the question, now why would you, a random person, i don't even know, post in regards to something that happened 5 months ago after i changed my blog.

also it is physically impossible to press two buttons at the exact same. loook it. fj fj fj fj fj fj jf fj fj fj fj fj. one button will always precede the other. even though you think it is almost the same time and rationalize it to be so, it is untrue. and more so, suggesting that you can do it repeatedly with any measure of accuracy is ridiculous. also given the apparent wall of text you dropped by my way, and your post count.... stop wasting my time. people say wavedashing is like pressing one button, this a matter of ignorance, not truth. it's not that it's efficient in the grand scheme of things. there are people with ocd that do stupid little things all day, but it becomes habitual for them as well, lol.

with character specific threads i have to post in a multitude of different threads, it just seemed easier given all the characters i wanted to discuss and if i learn things in brawl as well.
and no it wasn't meant to be a flame war. can the mods get this clown out of here. he speaks with no substance and with no reason.
Dude, get off of your high horse already.

I posted in response to your comment about spelling not being of importance. I referred to your other post because the post you were replying to was referring to it. Then I referred to the post because I said the blog was useless. It doesn't matter when it was created. My NES was created years ago, but that doesn't make it any less of an NES.

How is that relevant...? First of all, the keys do not get entered at the same time, but you can press them at the same time -- or at least close enough that it's irrelevant if you don't press them at the exact same time. Also, letter keys =/= Shift and letters. Shift HAS to be held while you press the key.
If you're really that lazy that you can't afford to waste a few milliseconds pressing Shift, that's fine. Just don't act like you're SOOO much more efficient, because you're not.

Also, way to bash people with a disorder which they cannot help. What the hell? Do you always pump out unprovoked insults? Hell, that's not even a good comparison. I'm not talking about it being a habit in the sense of being good or bad, I'm saying it becomes habit so it's not like it's such a hassle. It's no more of a hassle than the kinds of things you do automatically while playing Smash.

Finally, no, the mods cannot "get me out of here". I'm not physically here, so unless they ban me for legitimately, and quite kindly until you decided to be an ***, arguing with you, then it's not happening. And how am I a clown with no substance or reason...? You have such a superiority complex it's sickening.

But don't worry, I really don't feel like wasting more of my time on someone who's just going to argue by putting me down and making up arguments to counter.

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
First of all, the keys do not get entered at the same time, but you can press them at the same time -- or at least close enough that it's irrelevant if you don't press them at the exact same time. Also, letter keys =/= Shift and letters. Shift HAS to be held while you press the key.
If you're really that lazy that you can't afford to waste a few milliseconds pressing Shift, that's fine. Just don't act like you're SOOO much more efficient, because you're not.
thanks for agreeing with me. lol. this must be pretty embarrassing for you.

"I really don't feel like wasting more of my time on someone who's just going to argue by putting me down and making up arguments to counter."

LMFAO, do you know what your pink name represents or have you even been in the debate hall? im sorry for making arguments to counter you. clearly you're new to this. welcome to the game.

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
-__-

Thank God *ironic since I'm Agnostic* for H4x0RZ and its requirement for blogs to be intelligent >>;

But y'know what? I ain't gonna waste my time either...
it doesn't have to be. you can talk to me about anything, and if im interested ill respond(so this doesn't become troll city). the main purpose of this is just to post random techniques i think are good whenever i feel like.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
thanks for agreeing with me. lol. this must be pretty embarrassing for you.
I didn't agree with you. I'm not sure what you're picking up, but I think you probably misread what I said.

"I really don't feel like wasting more of my time on someone who's just going to argue by putting me down and making up arguments to counter."

LMFAO, do you know what your pink name represents or have you even been in the debate hall? im sorry for making arguments to counter you. clearly you're new to this. welcome to the game.
See, this is exactly what I mean. You see my Pink name and all of a sudden you're ATTACKING me for having the title. I didn't bring it up, you did. I've been in the Debate Hall. I've volunteered to help with the Proving Grounds. I am competent. If you're not in the Debate Hall, maybe this is why. For one thing, your lack of attempt to actually use proper capitalization. For another thing, you missed what I said.

MAKE UP ARGUMENTS for you to counter. That means you came up with me arguing that my pink name meant you should take my arguments more seriously, and then came up with counters for that. You made up the argument, then you countered it. It basically means you were arguing with yourself.

it doesn't have to be. you can talk to me about anything, and if im interested ill respond(so this doesn't become troll city). the main purpose of this is just to post random techniques i think are good whenever i feel like.
That's not a blog.

Anyways, I'm done.

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
firus:

the fact of the matter is most of what you say is not relevant, seeing as how you admitted you cannot press two buttons at the same time, and yes lmao i understood the entire time (that you think the time is negligible) but it really isn't. you just think so. for instance, one person may have went to school for 4 years to become something, whereas another could have went for a longer amount of time. and even though both people feel they didn't waste any time. you can't argue against time based on your understanding or how you just plain feel.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
firus:

the fact of the matter is most of what you say is not relevant, seeing as how you admitted you cannot press two buttons at the same time, and yes lmao i understood the entire time (that you think the time is negligible) but it really isn't.
No I didn't. Try reading more.

FirustheHedgehog said:
First of all, the keys do not get entered at the same time, but you can press them at the same time -- or at least close enough that it's irrelevant if you don't press them at the exact same time.
I'll address the second part you're likely acting as if I totally agreed with you in saying in a minute.

You have, at the least, a 50/50 chance of not pressing the key at the same time. The fact that you think it is impossible to press two keys at the same time is just ridiculous.
The other 50% of the time where you cannot press them at the same time, it's about 10 milliseconds max. 10 milliseconds probably passed as you were reading the word "milliseconds". Probably even more than that.

This is a stupid argument anyways. You don't honestly think it's more efficient to not press Shift, you're just too lazy to do so and so you don't do it. Just admit it, I'll respect you more if you just admit that you don't press it because you're lazy than if you continue to insist that you think it's inefficient because of not being able to press the keys at exactly the same time. If I can tap the Shift and J keys only once, very quickly, and get a capital 'J' out of it, it is possible to press keys at the same time.

JjjJjjJJJJjJjjJjjJJJjJJJJJJJjJjJJJJJjjjjjjJJJJJjJjJJjJJjJJJJJJJJj

There, that's an example. If you want to believe I faked it, go ahead. I'm presenting the evidence anyways.

Even beyond that, this is stupid. If you're so concerned about wasting time, why bother typing at all? You can speak faster. You should just quit forums altogether, since there's just too much you have to do to make sure it makes sense to others.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
for instance, one person may have went to school for 4 years to become something, whereas another could have went for a longer amount of time.
I know this is directed at Firus, but this made absolutely no sense at all.

If a person went to school for 4 years only, he would have a 4th grade education, which offers no jobs in the United States of America, unless you live in the 1800's of this nation. Because in the 1800's most Americans had a poor education and worked on farms as a living.
They also talk like that too, but thats not the point.

But if your referring to 4 years of College, yes someone can make a living, and possibly become a "someone" or "something".

And further more that would still be completely incorrect. If someone spent a longer time at College they would have an even greater advantage over the person who only went for 4 years.

tl;dr Version:

That statement is completely false.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom