• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rage Studios: SSBB Team Battle + Singles Tournament - Turnersville, NJ - April 12th

dmbrandon

Smash Master
i think it turned out alright i mean burn was being retarted. Ive played cross before and from my standing he is really good. The tourney would of been better if it was double elim. but they didnt have the place for too long. I had fun and while i didnt really know who any of yous people were i still had fun playing brawl with yous and i think yous are really good at it

as for hosting the tourney perhapps one of your could pm burn and directly offer to help with it i enjoyed the stickers i thought they were a nice touch

the place was really cramped but i dont think it was horrible and as for the whole holding your tourney on the same day just to spite burn , i mean thats just childish

and as for duo
he doesn't just play brawl , he doesn't play it every day infact he didnt play it for like 3-4 days before the tournament now wether that was a good decision or not isnt for me to say but he wasnt trashtalking any one at the tournament . or saying omg i dont know how to play new characters because all i play is mele and pokemon trainer is so unpredictable because there are 3 of them i dont know priority and range

and dm(no caps on your name ) duo does play halo 3 so i mean if you want to play you should add him on there
Banning someone for talking **** is childish. If people can't take it, they shouldn't open their mouthes. Plain and simple. Unless he said things that were COMPLETELY out of line (which he didn't) then the ban is just a show off tactic.

you don't impress me. Duo wanted to talk ****, and I challenged him. In fact, I'll challenge him the same 50$ in Halo3. We can do both back to back, duo, since you can't seem to back yourself up, I'll pm it to your lackies. btw: I play brawl at tournaments only. I never practice.

An elitest? Maybe? ********? Well you'll have to bring your wallet to find out.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Can't we all Just get along and play some Guilty Gear Since i don't like Brawl :) oh man DMbrandon im gonna ban you from my tourney LULZ

Beat

Smash Ace
If people can't take it, they shouldn't open their mouthes. Plain and simple.
This makes no sense. Are you implying that if you can't take trash talk, you... shouldn't talk? That's flawed logic. I think the better solution would be for both parties to act like grown men instead of children. You're just fueling the fire.

An elitest? Maybe? ********? Well you'll have to bring your wallet to find out.
Money-matches haven't been scientifically proven to measure mental ***********. Last I heard, at least.

MEXImadnez

Smash Apprentice
This makes no sense. Are you implying that if you can't take trash talk, you... shouldn't talk? That's flawed logic. I think the better solution would be for both parties to act like grown men instead of children. You're just fueling the fire.

Money-matches haven't been scientifically proven to measure mental ***********. Last I heard, at least.
chocobo is the man. take notes everybody, this is wat arguin wit logic is all about.

xcannibal6corpse

Smash Rookie
i agree with chocobo, what does a money match have to do with anything and the reason i back duo because he is my brother and i think he is good , or atleast better than me ,

Mexi you were awesome at the tournament all i have to say is i had a lot of fun at the tournament and i dont think it turned out that bad

and personally i didnt hear what inui said so i really cannot say wether or not he deserves a ban but i agree with you in saying that inui put burn in a situation that challenged his authority and that is how he reacted so yes i think what he did was a bad decision and inui did shake mexi's hand upon defeat so he cant be that bad

dmbrandon

Smash Master

that's exactly what I'm saying. if you can't take being made fun of, you shouldn't start the argument. If you don't like what someone says, ignore them. Who's to say who's a child when you're on the internet flaming people outright. Not to mention you have no place in this. I was backing inui, you're just starting ****.

MMs shut people up. you talk trash in a jail cell, you get your *** beat. you talk trash here, you should be ready to open your wallet.

In this world, it's not who's nicer, smarter, or willing to be hospitable. It's who is better. He wants to talk ****, I'll skip the middle man, and just get it over with.

And mexi, quit that passive aggressive flaming, it's annoying.

You all teamed up on Inui, now I stepped in. Want me to be quiet? Drop the ****, or play me for cash.

Cheez: GOODIHATEYOU

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol Brandon you are amazing. They are talking about Inui and how he probably... shouldn't have... argued too much with like... the owner of the tournament. Which seems pretty fair to me. And you're saying that the solution is a Brawl MM. Wow. Brilliance.

Why don't you Melee MM me?!?! LMFAO i got u good u ****er

Burn

Smash Cadet
My oh My, what a large amount of Feedback we got here.....Anyways...

I'd like to say THANK YOU, to everyone who participated in our FIRST tournament this past Saturday. In regards to all your suggestions for our next tournament we will try to make it more efficient. BUT overall for our first time it went very well.

Person Banned?
Apparently we only had one issue through out the night....And I won't state any names, but who ever thinks that YOU or that PERSON is BANNED... is NOT!!!! Your just taking three whole warnings the wrong way dude…enough is enough.
But seriously, next time please leave your attitude at home, because if you do, you’ll be more than welcome next time.

Sudden Deaths regarding banned person?
We did have an issue with that certain someone about sudden deaths and I did end up calling 1 stock winner takes the match. But from the video it looks like he just kept it 3 stock and chooses his own stage and character when it was supposed to be same chars. same stage so once again he chooses to play foul with others and disrespect them at the same time. Plus he doesn’t obey the rules when he’s told them, so of course we’re gonna warn him….Even the walls had it posted about respecting everyone.
So in the End, No one banned him, if so then he wouldn’t have gotten paid at the end of the night or be receiving a certificate. YEAH you know who you are....

It almost seems like we cheated the guy after you beated him in that re-match for the sudden death, when in all truth he ***** your Link with his Sonic, so in the end we're guilty of a childish act you pulled and makes us want to give some kind of reimbursement to him.
So that is also an issue we're still dealing with.

Certificates
The Certificates, we actually forgot to tell the winners about giving us their Address to send it over, or just telling them to pick it up next month during the tournament.

Prize Amount Issue
The prize amount is not an issue, seriously, we broke it down just perfectly so we could invest on a possible Larger room, more units, and more time slots. So don’t think anyone was pocking that, it’s also going towards better door prizes as well. maybe more stickers too.

MVP 4 Free!
The winners of 1st and 2nd places of both tournaments will come back for FREE on their respected tournament. So if you did not place in Singles you will have to pay the additional Fee, and vise versa.

Results & Videos
I’m sorry for the delay, but our web-developer is currently working on a few other things like editing the website, along with his full time job. But I can safely say some time tomorrow night the Finals of both tournaments with best 2 out of 3 rounds they played will be uploaded on You-tube. I'll update you guys when the website is done and when the videos are up. I'll also post the results on the results section of the boards...that way you guys can use it for what ever ranking things you guys have going here...

Knowing who’s Good and Not Good?
Guys, this tournament isn’t based on Smash Boards ranks or other tournament results…this is a whole new group, whole new ranks, pretty much 90% of the people that were at the event don’t even know what the smash boards are. So excuse us for not knowing any Pros or Semi-Pros….If you want the respect as a Pro or Semi then prove it with competing at our tournaments, cause we are trying little by little to do different things that you won’t find at other tournaments right now, and because of that, we already know who to give our respects to for the next tournament, and you are more then welcome to come back! We’ll remember you next time! Just don’t walk around acting like you can beat everyone. Trash talk is fine a little bit here and there if your going to play the dude, but not to the extremes where your getting annoying with everyone…sheeesh. Yes I was very stressed out about alot things...

Keeping you pros parted from the rest?
Well, there isn't anyway for us to know besides with Crew names and pass tournaments we have, and since this was the 1st one everything about skill level with yourself goes to ZERO so those who made it top ten got some points. Now from the looks of it, we can base some skill into the tables, seeing who placed top 10 keeping those parted till quarter finals atlest...

If you know someone you don't wanna play 1st round and you know it's a Pro whos a friend of yours but lets say is in another crew, then just let us know....we'll try to arrange somthing.

Double Elimination Maybe?
Well this has been talked about, we maybe considering a double Elimination, seeing how we'll most likely now have the time and extra stations for it. You'll just have to wait and see the updates on the site.

Stages...
Well from the looks of it, in the finals of teams the 2nd place guys had their choice of stage ANY stage and got ***** hard when they should have just stuck with one of our stages...Congrats to Velocity and Boco, the Violence Kings with showing them who's boss..using the entire stage to your advantage. Now maybe some people can see why the other reasons Halberd was banned...anyways it was their choice.

Luigi's Mansion seemed alright, Mexi and Chibo played on there and it worked out very well...but if you think that stage should be banned then almost every other stage should be banned, and we don't want that. This is as far as the list will go...unless you guys come up with a fair custom stage to agree on. Then we could remove Lugi's Mansion from the list...But I doubt anyone is going to agree on a custom stage because from what I saw, most of you guys didn't even want the 2 custom ones we offered. So Luigi's Mansion stays, mainly because no one ended up having sudden deaths on that stage. If anything Final Destination should be taken out because there was a sudden death on that stage...And it's so hard for some characters to make it if they get cought under the platform. But nothing will change so let's end that.

Anything else, i'll just post about it later one just incase I missed anything you guys talked about...this is like pushing down a whole pizza pie all at once so it's gonna take some time to organize all of these thoughts from everyone, but it's kool! THANK YOU!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the problem with the stage aren't that theyr banned, its just that theyr not neutral. for instance, have like these stages on random:

final d
battlefield
yoshis island
smashville
lylat
(and maybe others like frigate orpheon, poke stadium 1, isle delfino, or castle siege)

then for counterpicking, you open up a bunch of more stages people can counterpick on such as

luigis mansion
halberd
norfair
rainbow cruise
great sea
and much more

luigi's mansion isn't terrible, but is a lil cheap when you can be hit at very high percentages while in the house and constantly tech off the ceiling as i did in the match cause im amazing :) lol

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
um...the good melee players/pro melee players are still gonna win brawl tournies, but if you make the bracket noobery....that's gonna have a lot of gehs, but still, the melee players have an upper hand regardless cause they are smarter

Inui

Banned via Warnings
It almost seems like we cheated the guy after you beated him in that re-match for the sudden death, when in all truth he ***** your Link with his Sonic, so in the end we're guilty of a childish act you pulled and makes us want to give some kind of reimbursement to him.
Every time you say anything about this game, you prove you're an idiot.

I dominated him in the first match in a Ganondorf ditto.
I won against his Sonic with Link according to real rules, but your terrible scrub rules let him win.
I then almost threestocked his Sonic with Marth in the third match, proving I should have won the set.

You almost cheated me, not the other way around.

Stages...
Well from the looks of it, in the finals of teams the 2nd place guys had their choice of stage ANY stage and got ***** hard when they should have just stuck with one of our stages...Congrats to Velocity and Boco, the Violence Kings with showing them who's boss..using the entire stage to your advantage. Now maybe some people can see why the other reasons Halberd was banned...anyways it was their choice.
Once again, you prove how ignorant you are. My partner was a random friend from school and horrible at the game. Velocity is better than me, and Chocobo was better than Tom. There was absolutely nothing I could do to win. You see, you had no clue about the skill levels of the people playing, so you're assuming it was because of the stage. We did better on Halberd than we did on Final Destination. The videos will prove it. Halberd isn't even close to bannable.

Luigi's Mansion isn't bannable. It's a counterpick. Now, Bridge of Eldin is definitely bannable. It turns into a giant camp-fest and Dedede kills half the cast by grabbing them once.

If anything Final Destination should be taken out because there was a sudden death on that stage...And it's so hard for some characters to make it if they get cought under the platform. But nothing will change so let's end that.
You can't be serious. No wonder your stage rules are so terrible. You have no idea how to play the game and base stuff on what a guy that is both bad at the games and has no idea what tier lists are says.

No johns about not knowing how good people are, not knowing the real rules, and not knowing how to run a Smash tournament. You had several experienced tournament directors at your tournament giving you advice and offering to help, and you didn't listen and didn't accept the help. Your fault. Deal with the consequences of being stressed out and having unsatisfied competitors.

Anyways, when is the next one going to be? I'm very interested, and I'm sure other players are too.

Edit: Yes, I'm a jerk and don't care. No need to tell me that in any replies, people. =)

BUM163

Smash Lord
who is the leader of this? please pm me so we can discuss things whether on here or on aim or phone. this is bum a famous melee player who is now host in web2zone. i also play brawl. pm me whenever you have the chance to discuss things.

Beat

Smash Ace
Logic has once again been reduced to rubble by both sides of this argument. Brandon, what do you mean he shouldn't talk? He wasn't... speaking. I think that your desire to settle all things with MM's is inversely proportional to how intelligent you are.

Inui, you said in the first page that you wouldn't attend the tournament if it used scrub rules, yet you showed up anyway. You can argue that the rules were stupid. They were stupid, those with braincells will support you there. However, what we're trying to get you to understand is that you have no right to complain about the rules if you knew what they were ahead of time.

I make a game. It's called "I Kick You in the Nuts". The rules are that I kick you in the nuts. You're aware of these rules ahead of time. You agree to play I Kick You in the Nuts. I proceed to kick you in the nuts. You have no right to complain about the fact that you'll never have children. You knew the rules ahead of time and agreed to play.

This bickering is childish. Instead, we should try to very calmly explain to Burn, who clearly doesn't understand why we feel the way we do about his rules, why he is incorrect to a point in how he runs his venue.

BOCO OUT.

Edit: I'd add that I agree with Inui's input on Luigi's Mansion, Halberd, FD, and Eldin.

Edit edit: Burn, IM me if you want to have a mature discussion on stage bans, double elimination, etc.

xcannibal6corpse

Smash Rookie
I make a game. It's called "I Kick You in the Nuts". The rules are that I kick you in the nuts. You're aware of these rules ahead of time. You agree to play I Kick You in the Nuts. I proceed to kick you in the nuts. You have no right to complain about the fact that you'll never have children. You knew the rules ahead of time and agreed to play.
50$ MM ?lol

Beat

Smash Ace

50$ MM ?
Learn to quote my brilliance properly! And YES! I'll MM you, because if I win, it means I'm more intelligent than you are, apparently?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
LMFAO @ SHADOW Moses Island being seen as a fair stage, good luck beating DDD there with anyone that's Marth weight or heavier, this is coming from a DDD main. Delphino Plaza is plenty neutral as well; Poke Floats had glitches but that was allowed even at MLG, and DP is FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR better than PF is.

Joeshi

Smash Rookie
I didnt think the tourney was that bad for your first brawl tourney it went well. I know me and my friends had fun there. We could feel a bit of poor sportsmanship in the room which is to come to be expected at a tourney but owell. The more tourneys you run the better they will get im sure! Ill be back to the next one i know that! Just keep tryin!

Burn

Smash Cadet
Hey guys here are the videos for the Finals....I also have posted here the top 15 players and teams of the night, now please note, there isn't any Numbers of where they stand besides 1st and 2nd place winners, so anyone else that follows them is just names that got picked going from top to bottom of the bracket list...

TOP 15 Singles
1st - Meximadnez
2nd - Chibo Sempai
Cross
Inui
The Joenage
Scias
Velocity
Xerick
Boco
Dave Frie
FAIL
Rob Frie
Raith
Dane
tons of fun

TOP 15 Teams
1st - Violence Kings
2nd - Powerpuff Girls
LoLLLSSS
Come Honor
Dark
Greg & Dane
Joe & Sandra
Milk
The Noobs
White Boys
Good Game
Master Chief
Chode Ballz
Pashaw
Dead End​
Singles Round 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YXG5nwpd-k
Singles Round 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3vHT47T9GA
Singles Round 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N54LHA0C0s

Teams Round 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4chpe9I7eg
Teams Round 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpNtXHXbv1s

I'll update you guys when the site has lunched the updates, pictures, results, and other details for the next tournament! Thanks!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i guess the website isnt update yet?

nice friendlies mexi haha, didnt feel like the tourney finals at all. me vs cross and mexi vs inui in semis were the big fights of the night lol, especially mexi vs inui, that had almost the entire tourney watchin em. your too good with grabs, i gotta be careful. man i shoulda took you to sudden death in the first match lol, but that would have been too cheap of a win for me.

MEXImadnez

Smash Apprentice
i guess the website isnt update yet?

nice friendlies mexi haha, didnt feel like the tourney finals at all. me vs cross and mexi vs inui in semis were the big fights of the night lol, especially mexi vs inui, that had almost the entire tourney watchin em. your too good with grabs, i gotta be careful. man i shoulda took you to sudden death in the first match lol, but that would have been too cheap of a win for me.
ni**a nah. i new u were gonna do that, hence the reason i let charizard die. squirtle was gonna be the one to take u down.

my match vs inui i felt like goku and everyone was given me their energy so i could beat him with one last spirit bomb.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Hahahahahahaha

Those were some of the best posts I've ever read.

I'm glad I'm a villain. Remember, Frieza wasn't defeated by the spirit bomb...

Joeshi

Smash Rookie
LOL id play in a Budokai Tourney Kid Buu all the way! Once again id like to give a thanx to Mexi that was a great friendlies match at the end of the tourney! I dont get why theres so much arguing i mean cant we all just get along. SSBB is a game a great game that we can all enjoy, tourneys are for the fun of goin somewhere and showin your skillz to other ppl who appreciate the game as much as you. Trash talk and all that just seems so unecesary. I mean i saw some good ppl there i wish i got the chance to play u in a 1 on 1 Inui i think it would have been interesting! And i wish i had gotten to play Chibo aswell but theres always the next one i suppose. I think ppl just need to relax and have fun at these things dont be so uptight.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I dont get why theres so little arguing i mean cant we all just ****ing fight. SSBB is a game an okay game that we can all enjoy, tourneys are for dmbrandon to make teh bills. Trash talk and all that just seems so necessary. I mean i saw some really bad ppl there (Cept inui, and velocity) i wish i got the chance to play u in a 1 on 1 Inui i think i could beat you if I spam met'as tornado a lot! And i wish i had avoided Chibo . I think ppl just need to buy me **** and team together to kill all teh melee kids..
This kid is awesome.

Top Bottom